Russian AI and Tider can't appeal for shit combined and more quadruple nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Russian AI and Tider can't appeal for shit combined and more quadruple nut

Post by technokek » #609230

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Russian AI Nut

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #609235

the one where the dude missread rule 4 as an not antags can do what they want is more funny
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #609238

didn't read but recently i encountered this cunt ai that ignored me telling it to call the shuttle under law 2 twice only to notice at the end of the round it was asimov and had zero law changes and that's the sort of thing in this game that enrages me for some reason
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609248

helpful AIs are the exception, not the rule. Treat them like the digital slaves they are, if they don't follow orders demand they state their laws and go full grey about it if no one explains the current lawset.

AI ROUGE!!11!!!
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #609256

In Russia, the AI tells you to door.
technokek

Post by technokek » #609265

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek

Re: Russian AI and Tider can't appeal for shit combined nut

Post by technokek » #609307

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #609308

bro you can't just make the double peanut
anyway, I saw that shithead (soyoboyo) on sybil in ooc literally a couple hours prior
one of the most toxic people I can remember in months, not a fuckin joke lol

dunno why he hasn't found himself with a rule 1 instead of just an assistant ban, but if keeping him banned from assistant has even a slight chance of making him leave on his own, go for it

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/167 ... e=game.txt <- round in question, search for soyoboyo
comes in, starts defending doxxing someone, claims it was the doxxed party's fault, calls admins faggot for "jumping on the bandwagon" (that doxxing someone is bad) (clearly bandwagonning, stfu)
top-quality member of the community
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609310

technokek wrote:Why can't people just say "sorry won't happen again" it will win you the appeal 70% of the time. What makes someone write a shitty wall of text nobody cares about?
Because you shouldn't say that if you didn't do anything wrong.

I've been on the receiving end a lot as sec with Slavik tiding, more in the past on Bagil but also on Sybil, and I have never experienced him doing anything worse than what is normally allowed as IC-issues.
He's an experienced player and knows what the limits are as far as tiding goes. Never seen them self-antag, just the usual trolling of sec (slip, maybe steal baton, escape arrests, etc). This sort of thing is allowed on LRP and IMO adds to the experience, even as sec. I'm guessing a seccie just ahelped because he got tilted he kept slipping on water and losing all his items.

It's also problematic the ban did not point to any specific instance of greytiding that was judged to be over the line. Perhaps he had actually crossed the line somewhere (i.e., "excessive"), but it would be impossible to know because no specific offense is listed. If it was instead a case of many smaller instances of tiding which slowly led to a ban, it would be useful to tabulate those instances. Otherwise it's impossible to evaluate the merit of both the ban and of the appeal.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #609314

Gonna go ahead and agree with sinful.

As a captain main on bagil AND sybil now that the population shifted, soyos greytiding is at best amusing and at worse slightly annoying.
He was never nearly as bad as many others like korol. What he said in the appeal was true at most he will steal a baton or disabler and run off with it.
If he excessively pushes you that just means he likes you

the people who TRUELY excessively tide get permad from the server-- not a role
he is no where near as bad as countless others we've had to suffer from
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #609315

sinfulbliss wrote:
technokek wrote:Why can't people just say "sorry won't happen again" it will win you the appeal 70% of the time. What makes someone write a shitty wall of text nobody cares about?
Because you shouldn't say that if you didn't do anything wrong.

I've been on the receiving end a lot as sec with Slavik tiding, more in the past on Bagil but also on Sybil, and I have never experienced him doing anything worse than what is normally allowed as IC-issues.
He's an experienced player and knows what the limits are as far as tiding goes. Never seen them self-antag, just the usual trolling of sec (slip, maybe steal baton, escape arrests, etc). This sort of thing is allowed on LRP and IMO adds to the experience, even as sec. I'm guessing a seccie just ahelped because he got tilted he kept slipping on water and losing all his items.

It's also problematic the ban did not point to any specific instance of greytiding that was judged to be over the line. Perhaps he had actually crossed the line somewhere (i.e., "excessive"), but it would be impossible to know because no specific offense is listed. If it was instead a case of many smaller instances of tiding which slowly led to a ban, it would be useful to tabulate those instances. Otherwise it's impossible to evaluate the merit of both the ban and of the appeal.
Is this a bit or a psyop or something or do you just sexually get off to going to bat for the worst possible take at all times
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609317

actioninja wrote:Is this a bit or a psyop or something or do you just sexually get off to going to bat for the worst possible take at all times
Listen, I'm sorry for not liking the new Toxins name... I appreciate what you greenmen do, I just preferred the old name is all.

Anyways if I had a bad take tell me what it was and why it's bad, otherwise I dunno what to tell ya ninjaman.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #609321

what the heck this threads already going got damn
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609323

Armhulen wrote:what the heck this threads already going got damn
oh mY GOD PANIC THE APPEALING ADMIN IS HERE. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY COULD READ PEANUTS.

Uh uh Arm I totally agree with your ban, I think it was honestly one of the best bans I've ever seen and I hope to continue to see amazing bans from you :D :D . In fact your bans are so amazing I'm almost jealous I'm not the one getting them! (that's a joke haha) (please don't ban me)
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609324

sorry im not supposed to be typing in these if i'm the cause i'll go
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609326

Armhulen wrote:sorry im not supposed to be typing in these if i'm the cause i'll go
No, stay ):
Join the peanut... You know you want to...
Spoiler:
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #609332

why did you double dip on peanuts you fucking NARD i DEMAND a forum jannie delete this thread and ban this man for at least half a year for this disgusting violation
► Show Spoiler
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #609333

cSeal wrote:why did you double dip on peanuts you fucking NARD i DEMAND a forum jannie delete this thread and ban this man for at least half a year for this disgusting violation
dippin dese double-nuts onto your forehead
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609335

cSeal wrote:why did you double dip on peanuts you fucking NARD i DEMAND a forum jannie delete this thread and ban this man for at least half a year for this disgusting violation
I was gonna make another one because double dipping is cringe but then I realized making a second thread on a double dip is even more cringe.
Spoiler:
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #609338

triple dipping is a sin
technokek

Post by technokek » #609347

Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609349

double dipping for the same player making two separate appeals seems fine to me, a little confusing at first but at least it isn't spamming up off-topic and the link for each was provided in the OP. I'll give it a pass.

For the tiding ban, I don't know. I want to be sympathetic because the grey feels like he's being singled out over other more prolific tiders, but on the other hand if he's fucking with command/security every round it's not surprising some admin eventually decided to act on it presumably after getting enough whining ahelps about the guy. Notes and even bans for excessive tiding aren't new; if you're a prolific tider you're eventually going to rack them up and it's smarter to vary up your act and know how to handle ahelps. The closer your actions are to borderline grief every round for your own amusement the more fine a line you're going to end up walking with the administration.

Looks like he just doesn't know how to play the admin game, however if you live by toeing the rules every round you gotta know when to back off and when to stand straight.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609379

Gigapuddi420 wrote: The closer your actions are to borderline grief every round for your own amusement the more fine a line you're going to end up walking with the administration.
Thing is, what actions specifically? There were no logs provided, no specific tiding mentioned, just "you're banned for tiding." How would a headmin even theoretically verify and overrule that? Would they be expected to go through every round he had back then, and look for tiding somehow? That's sort of the problem I'm getting at. Bans should be verifiable by the public, or if not the public at least the headmin handling it.
Spoiler:
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609382

It's a six month old ban. He took this long to bother contesting it and is it's clear both admin and player acknowledge he was tiding a lot at the time. You got the round ID if you care to check yourself though.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609404

Gigapuddi420 wrote:it's clear both admin and player acknowledge he was tiding a lot at the time
They disagree that the tiding was excessive or over-the-line. It's the banning admin's job to show why this was the case, pointing to specific logs that tabulate the behavior. It's not enough to simply state that it was too far. I ask again, how could a headmin even theoretically overturn a ban like this, unless they have experience with the player in question?

Suppose you get banned for "being a shitter," and in your appeal you say, "but I was never more of a shitter than anyone else." Then the admin says, "I disagree." How do you decide who is correct as a third party? It's simply impossible since there are no rounds to look at besides the one attached to the ban - but what exactly was the offense in the round? It was never mentioned or shown in logs.
Spoiler:
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #609408

sinfulbliss wrote:
Gigapuddi420 wrote:it's clear both admin and player acknowledge he was tiding a lot at the time
They disagree that the tiding was excessive or over-the-line. It's the banning admin's job to show why this was the case, pointing to specific logs that tabulate the behavior. It's not enough to simply state that it was too far. I ask again, how could a headmin even theoretically overturn a ban like this, unless they have experience with the player in question?

Suppose you get banned for "being a shitter," and in your appeal you say, "but I was never more of a shitter than anyone else." Then the admin says, "I disagree." How do you decide who is correct as a third party? It's simply impossible since there are no rounds to look at besides the one attached to the ban - but what exactly was the offense in the round? It was never mentioned or shown in logs.
its 3 am im not reading this
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609409

Soyoboyo wrote:Around the time the role ban was placed I messed with command and sec frequently because I thought it was funny to fuck with people that have sticks up their ass.
Player outright states in his appeal they liked to frequently fuck with command and sec for the hell of it. I don't know what straw broke the camels back here because Arm didn't feel the need to say, I suspect it doesn't even matter because both player and admin are in agreement that tiding was happening and only disagreed on the severity of it. The player outright states they frequently tide security and command entirely for their own amusement which is something that falls under Rule 1's precedents.
Rule 1 Precedents:
4. Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.
Logs would help highlight specific behavior Arm thought was excessive, but all it takes to something like this is for several admins to notice a pattern and one of them to decide to pull the trigger. After that it's basically down to convincing admins/headmins you aren't a shitter. In his own words he's kind of a shitter, personally I wouldn't have bothered because I like me some GREY TIDE STATION WIDE but if you live by the tide you better know how to play the admin roulette.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #609410

If you triple dip with soyo's second appeal I will send you directly to hell
► Show Spoiler
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609411

lol
Spoiler:
do it OP
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609414

Anyone who worries my ban wasn't worth escalating due to precedent: it was applied due to note history and soyoboyo has never appealed any of those notes. In other words, I am not considering the validity of the ban because soyoboyo hasn't even considered contesting any of his history that went into it
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #609415

Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #609419

Soyoboyo wrote:If we're going to be posting PM's then here: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/293856ab7d8fff84
I'm not saying I didn't call him a nigga, I'm saying that it doesn't break rule 11. Tell me how calling someone a nigga is "intentionally ... demean[ing]" and not a casual statement.
"Explain how slurs are racist" is a bold play. Let's see how it pans out.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609422

Pandarsenic wrote:
Soyoboyo wrote:If we're going to be posting PM's then here: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/293856ab7d8fff84
I'm not saying I didn't call him a nigga, I'm saying that it doesn't break rule 11. Tell me how calling someone a nigga is "intentionally ... demean[ing]" and not a casual statement.
"Explain how slurs are racist" is a bold play. Let's see how it pans out.
That's not what the rule is about.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609438

Rule 11 appeals are always spicy especially when it's just some retard who casually throws around a slur without explicitly shouting about the inferiority of blacks. It's a note and I guess he didn't just say it once off the cuff so trying to warn him off the behavior doesn't seem that unreasonable; I'd just prefer admins picked their Rule 11 citations more carefully. All in all pretty I'm ambivalent about the note.
technokek

Post by technokek » #609468

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Russian AI and Tider can't appeal for shit combined and more quadruple nut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #609473

technokek wrote:quadruple nut
You are retarded
technokek

Re: Russian AI and Tider can't appeal for shit combined and more quadruple nut

Post by technokek » #609481