!!MSO ran out of weed!! (The cooler August 2021 Drama Megathread)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

!!MSO ran out of weed!! (The cooler August 2021 Drama Megathread)

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #609736

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://discord.com/channels/326822144233439242/808425762217656330/873235156029300836 wrote:It is time for head coders accept a new paradigm where they sit under the host, as head admins do.

Things can not continue as things once have. I will continue to get frustrated at feeling powerless in matters involving coderbus until that frustration leads me to abandon all protocol, as it did today.

The solution is obvious.
?
Last edited by Rohen_Tahir on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: !!MSO ran out of weed!!

Post by BONERMASTER » #609847

@actioninja, would you be willing to reinstate the disco inferno shuttle?

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #609848

Stickymayhem wrote:I've never seen MSO be wrong about the game or codebase when it comes to fights like this in 8 years

It's his server and I've always been fucking glad of that.
would you like some fries with that boot
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #609850

Denton wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:I've never seen MSO be wrong about the game or codebase when it comes to fights like this in 8 years

How do you expect to communicate and create understanding if people not hating the people you hate causes you to call them a boot licker?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609851

actioninja wrote:
terranaut wrote: lmao you are such a fucking clown
stay mad, rent free, etc.
3 hours passed and im still laughing about this so yeah you got me, at least on the rent free
i don't know whose sympathies you aim to get by just ignoring someone's point because you don't like it and throwing around the white supremacist card, or any other completely irrelevant non-arguments that just attack someones character (without any evidence, too), but at best you'll only get the people who care more about virtue signaling/bandwagoning than actual issues being addressed

gl with your fork i guess
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #609853

cheryl... i'm white........
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #609854

I’d like to speak to the manager of tgstation
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #609855

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #609856

spicy
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #609857

MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

How do you expect to communicate and create understanding if people not hating the people you hate causes you to call them a boot licker?
based take
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609858

Timonk wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

based take
bootlicker
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #609859

terranaut wrote:
Timonk wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

based take
bootlicker
bootlicker
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #609860

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Timonk wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

based take
bootlicker
bootlicker
bootlicker
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #609861

Fishimun wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Timonk wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

based take
bootlicker
bootlicker
bootlicker
freebooter
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #609864

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Fishimun wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Timonk wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

based take
bootlicker
bootlicker
bootlicker
freebooter

This is for you

With beautiful regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #609866

actioninja wrote:
TheMythicGhost wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Also seems to me the Host is head of the server which includes the codebase so he's within his right to merge his own changes within reason.
This is the key here. He is hosting it. He has put all the effort into setting up, maintaining, and hosting the CDN required for things like the forums, the site (including the live trackers), and the gameplay servers themselves. He has the final say in anything related to things hosted through him (for free for the end users I might add). If he doesn't like how things are being run while he is hosting for the codebase, then the coders either change what he wanted changed or leave, he isn't required to even compromise like he has multiple times in the past, sometimes fucking himself over to appease the leeches.
^ this user is a white supremacist
The ego of a coder is bruised by dissenting opinion and they scream, piss and cry in retaliation.

I hope you’re enjoying being completely powerless before MSO finally telling you lot to get fucked.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #609868

oh look the increasing pissiness between increasingly bigdick he-man maintainers and the increasingly bigdick he-man host has reached a second flashpoint.

i cant wait to play on orangestation
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #609872

Why is ur name not purple anymore
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #609873

Seeing that this comes from the fucking Ultraclown Shoes leaving behind tiles that slip you forever, even when the peel is removed

Which was left in for months

I am updating my take to "Thank god MSO is willing to intervene when incredibly obnoxious problems are left untouched for ages"
Doesn't seem to be a priority, now it is.
:peel:
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #609874

Pandarsenic wrote:Seeing that this comes from the fucking Ultraclown Shoes leaving behind tiles that slip you forever, even when the peel is removed

Which was left in for months

I am updating my take to "Thank god MSO is willing to intervene when incredibly obnoxious problems are left untouched for ages"
Doesn't seem to be a priority, now it is.
:peel:
Talk about a slipup

:honk:

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #609876

MrStonedOne wrote:
Denton wrote:

A) I don't hate you, I just disagree with you
B) Sticky can take the banter
Autismal
Byond Username: Mr C0urier

Post by Autismal » #609882

if actionninja is anything to go by how the side opposing acts when they don't get their way 100% of the time then all hail MSO baby.
Time-Green
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Time-Green

Post by Time-Green » #609884

Autismal wrote:if actionninja is anything to go by how the side opposing acts when they don't get their way 100% of the time then all hail MSO baby.
They’re not even a maintainer anymore stop making shit up lmao
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #609886

Time-Green wrote:
Autismal wrote:if actionninja is anything to go by how the side opposing acts when they don't get their way 100% of the time then all hail MSO baby.
Once a c*der always a c*der
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609887

Time-Green wrote:

can you really blame him
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Autismal
Byond Username: Mr C0urier

Post by Autismal » #609889

Time-Green wrote:
Just like goofball their midwit retardation does more damage to their cause than good.
Attachments
goofball.png
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #609894

Time-Green wrote:
They had acted that way, and threw around the "this person is a white supremacist" card all the time until they went baby mode and left the server a few times because they couldn't get their way lmao
All while they were maintainer too, so this was and probably still is some of the common rhetoric you'd face being in opposition.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609896

Autismal wrote:Just like goofball their midwit retardation does more damage to their cause than good.
YOU CAN'T GET ME I'M PART OF THE UNION
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Kyrah Abattoir
Byond Username: KyrahAbattoir

Post by Kyrah Abattoir » #609898

I see that I've come back to haunt you all at the right time, 2021 is full of surprises.

Joke aside this just seems like the unfireable sysadmin with unrestricted control over the entire infrastructure, that inhabits the nightmares of every tech company.

It's the kind of behavior that, IMHO should raise all kinds of red flags for the future of this project.

And I totally predicted that this would eventually happen, only much earlier.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609900

i love the green name cunt coming in to call someone a heccin' nazirino and then say he's LIVIN UR HEAD RENT FREE U MAD U MAD when he was so blinded by contorting his face in rage and painful baby piss tears that the retard couldn't even find the "edit post" button and had to make a doublepost

Go ahead and resort to making attacks on peoples characters you fucking dentskulls, you all have enough skeletons in your closet that once you slip up on your estrogen regimen and regain a little bit of testicular function and leave to make your own server people will make sure everyone knows what heccin' unwholesome pieces of shit you are and you'll all be strangling each other with your striped stockings in a purity spiral
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #609901

from my time at hippie and here on /tg/ i've learned its smart to be opposite whatever side goofball is on
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #609902

argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609903

wubli wrote:Image
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609904

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #609905

wubli I ALREADY wear glasses and I still can't read what the text is in your GIF please don't make me feel worse
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609908

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:wubli I ALREADY wear glasses and I still can't read what the text is in your GIF please don't make me feel worse
try the hubble telescope and let me know if you can decipher the text im curious too
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #609911

this is kind of hilarious i'm in #maintainerbus and it feels like i'm listening to congress debate with the president and everyones about to pull out their guns and start shooting :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk:
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609912

Kendrickorium wrote:this is kind of hilarious i'm in #maintainerbus and it feels like i'm listening to congress debate with the president and everyones about to pull out their guns and start shooting :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk:
we can all read it
doesn't feel like anybody is about to get shot though, feels more like a family patriarch who's tired of this shit
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #609913

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:wubli I ALREADY wear glasses and I still can't read what the text is in your GIF please don't make me feel worse
he hasnt watched mean girls lmfao
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #609914

Kendrickorium wrote:this is kind of hilarious i'm in #maintainerbus and it feels like i'm listening to congress debate with the president and everyones about to pull out their guns and start shooting :honk: :honk: :honk: :honk:
Indeed it would seem so. A very tense situation by all accounts. I wonder who will be the first to object to form? :honk:

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #609919

>MSO threatens to fork every time an issue comes up
>knowing that this would not work and at the very least cripple the tg community for years to come if it doesn't outright kill it
>still threatening to fork anyways
>bluff called and nuclear options put down
>all of this is going to be remembered as maintainers wanting to fork, people asking maintainers if they know how to run a server, people saying maintainers holding players hostage over forced testmerged slip prs because that's what they want to believe

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609920

Armhulen wrote:>MSO threatens to fork every time an issue comes up
>knowing that this would not work and at the very least cripple the tg community for years to come if it doesn't outright kill it
>all of this is going to be remembered as maintainers wanting to fork, people asking maintainers if they know how to run a server, people saying maintainers holding players hostage over forced testmerged slip prs because that's what they want to believe

historically coders dont give a fuck about player opinion and just act smugly whenever someone raises a reasonable and valid complaint
i genuinely with all my being can't find fault in the guy supposed to run the overall show putting his foot down and saying "stop making shitty code"
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609921

terranaut wrote:
we can all read it
doesn't feel like anybody is about to get shot though, feels more like a family patriarch who's tired of this shit
mso is a very respected individual at least until he started threatening to shatter the community if maintainers don't slightly alter how they deal with emojis in the pr title, what maintainers are willing to give is a big respect for his opinions (i have known mso to be an incredibly smart guy and great host) but absolute control is unreasonable.

MSO stepping into admin issues felt more reasonable because there was a lot more open (and behind locked doors, closed) discussion, not "LOCKING EVERYONE OUT OF SERVER BOX AND FORCE DISABLING PARTS OF THE GAME UNTIL YOU DO WHAT I WANT"

and again this is just gonna be seen as maintainers going rogue in the end so i just feel bad for them
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #609924

my question is how many people involved in this actually play the fucking game
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #609926

Armhulen wrote:>MSO threatens to fork every time an issue comes up

History is written by the victors, VIVA REVOLUTION.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609927

page 1 is full of people who merely promise they will merely revisit the game if you just destroy 6 years of work going back to 2015
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609928

maintain dese nuts
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609929

Armhulen wrote:page 1 is full of people who merely promise they will merely revisit the game if you just destroy 6 years of work going back to 2015
nobody is asking to destroy anything you can take the code and use it
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609930

Super Aggro Crag wrote:maintain dese nuts
you should've done this instead
hypothetical, better, Super Aggro Crag post wrote:
Kendrickorium wrote:my question is how many people involved in this actually play the fucking game
why don't you play with dese nuts
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609932

terranaut wrote:
Armhulen wrote:page 1 is full of people who merely promise they will merely revisit the game if you just destroy 6 years of work going back to 2015
someone host 2015 station then... wait, we should actually do that. we could turn either bagil or alt codebase into a 2015 server and let it run for awhile.

oh and we don't actually have to host it, someone else could but i don't think there is enough interest for it to crop up on its own
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609933

terranaut wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:maintain dese nuts
you should've done this instead
hypothetical, better, Super Aggro Crag post wrote:
Kendrickorium wrote:my question is how many people involved in this actually play the fucking game
why don't you play with dese nuts
why don't you doublepost dese nuts
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #609935

Armhulen wrote:
terranaut wrote:
someone host 2015 station then... wait, we should actually do that. we could turn either bagil or alt codebase into a 2015 server and let it run for awhile.

oh and we don't actually have to host it, someone else could but i don't think there is enough interest for it to crop up on its own
i'm genuinely so jaded from interacting with coders here that i cant tell if you're being genuine or telling me to fuck off and host my own 2015 code if i want to play it
since we're plant pals i'll go with the former and say: the infrastructure is in place, both server and staff, and parts of the server infrastructure go unused
no reason not to do it and gauge player interest
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]