Athath gets Permabanned, Redux

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Athath gets Permabanned, Redux

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610958

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=29696

Local man gets permabanned for submitting an "exploiting" circuit during a talent show to show it off to people
aren't talent shows meant to show off cool shit ffs

anyway, alphonzo comes in and shoots him twice in the chest and claims the job's done while everyone else looks around like they don't know what the fuck just happened

Editing to provide context for alphonzo's response before peanut gallery does what it does best (not reading the linked thread):
he removed the permaban and edited the note, claiming it was to simply kick him off the server so that he wouldn't show off the exploit or something
once again because of ath's famous 2 year old note about lagging the server for santa claus to come down during christmas

the ban itself is a bit more reasonable at least, and it's gone now anyway
all that's left is the admin complaint part
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: Athath gets Permabanned, Redux

Post by Malkraz » #611071

all these dumb arguments over exploits would be great if they were about a ban that wasn't completely retarded
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #611072

Malkraz wrote:all these dumb arguments over exploits would be great if they were about a ban that wasn't completely retarded
i mean yeah it's already lifted so
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #611073

Cobby wrote:There is no hard line drawn but I am personally of the opinion that if you abuse and can’t link to the issue/convo/any metric that shows you’re aware it’s already reported and can’t make it yourself that’s when it goes to “whoops I found an issue with the game” to being malicious. Emphasis on abuse aka actively using it to get some sort of advantage. This can be anything from maybe a quicker way to do your job to making yourself permanently unable to be seen.
Armhulen wrote:officially: when it's a bug that gives you an in game advantage and you're purposefully triggering it to get that advantage

unofficially: you do it once and tell admins, you're fineeee and heck it may make for a funny or interesting round if you can do some swanky shit. but doing the exploit beyond that and someone will probs ban you
This is very surprising, so to be clear then under these definitions, the people who abused the atmos temperature pump bug should have been banned? Or I should have been banned for washing a sec jumpsuit as assistant every round to hide the name? And many other such bugs used for small advantages which have been and continue to be used without a second thought? I don't say this to be antagonizing or anything, it just seems like these definitions are not the actual opinion of admins at scale or else people would be getting banned right and left.

In practice it seems to be exploits and bugs don't matter at all from an administrative perspective except when they seriously harm the round. Usually little bugs used to give yourself small advantages don't matter enough to ahelp over. They're just accepted as part of the game and used by anyone who knows about them until they're patched. If you play long enough you probably end up finding plenty of things which you don't even remember as a bug anymore but turned out to be a bug. Like you can use a PDA with insuls if you open it beforehand and then put the insuls on with the tab still up.
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #611074

wow the dude who managed to extend its trialmin timer, retire after doing a big fuck up to prevent getting deadmin, returns and has the same stubborn trigger happy banbot personality that led to similar incident in the past
who would have known it
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611076

sinfulbliss wrote: This is very surprising, so to be clear then under these definitions, the people who abused the atmos temperature pump bug should have been banned?
i'd tell em to knock it off but unless they kept doing it, that's where it ends at
sinfulbliss wrote: Or I should have been banned for washing a sec jumpsuit as assistant every round to hide the name?
entirely intentional, actually!
sinfulbliss wrote: And many other such bugs used for small advantages which have been and continue to be used without a second thought?
i have doubts you are doing these things thinking they're okay but if an admin tells you to stop exploiting responding "i didn't know, sorry" will work for you 100% of the time
sinfulbliss wrote: I don't say this to be antagonizing or anything, it just seems like these definitions are not the actual opinion of admins at scale or else people would be getting banned right and left.
exploits are hard to catch as an admin, unless it reveals itself. i'd consider the exploit rule to be one of the lesser enforced rules but that doesn't change anything when it is.
sinfulbliss wrote: In practice it seems to be exploits and bugs don't matter at all from an administrative perspective except when they seriously harm the round.
aka are noticed
sinfulbliss wrote: Usually little bugs used to give yourself small advantages don't matter enough to ahelp over. They're just accepted as part of the game and used by anyone who knows about them until they're patched.
aka going unnoticed until they are
sinfulbliss wrote: If you play long enough you probably end up finding plenty of things which you don't even remember as a bug anymore but turned out to be a bug. Like you can use a PDA with insuls if you open it beforehand and then put the insuls on with the tab still up.
god i hate player facing html
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #611097

I am at fault for not wanting someone to hop onto the servers, in the middle of the night, where there would likely be no staff, and he would be able to share whatever the hell he wanted with nothing to impede him. In my time on staff, exploiting the code has been among the most serious issues.
what is this dopey line of reasoning lmao
athath should've been banned ages ago for knowing about exploits, imagine what he could've said when we weren't looking
ILLEGAL INFORMATION
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #611109

Malkraz wrote:
I am at fault for not wanting someone to hop onto the servers, in the middle of the night, where there would likely be no staff, and he would be able to share whatever the hell he wanted with nothing to impede him. In my time on staff, exploiting the code has been among the most serious issues.
what is this dopey line of reasoning lmao
athath should've been banned ages ago for knowing about exploits, imagine what he could've said when we weren't looking
ILLEGAL INFORMATION
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS TOWER INFLUENCED HIS DECISION
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #611110

sinfulbliss wrote:meow
Something being against the rules doesn’t mean it needs to be a ban out of the gate.

The question should be “Was I wrong in using these bugs?” The answer is yes.

Naturally as with all issues that don’t give a big red alert it becomes much harder to spot people abusing some of the less obvious or less “harmful” bugs because it likely means we have to both be looking at the game and looking at you specifically, so much that we are able to see you use the bug.

One admin who gave me some push back on this stance said he used some of the what he deemed minor bugs as well, so I can understand on that end if other admins also don’t enforce this rule properly because they have no right to throw stones in glass houses (not including the obvious they don’t see it as a big deal).

Not even speaking as a coder/maintainer/etc., I think it’s disruptive to the game to give yourself an advantage from knowingly unintended mechanics. Given the nature of ss13, there are many items that may seemingly feel minor enough to use that end up butterfly effecting to be round impacting, and that might be isolated to a few rounds because of the sandbox nature and limited information.

For example let’s say there’s a bug that lets you change the name of labels or remove them and it’s not intended. Let’s say the warden decides to label his armory guns and you steal one. You then proceed to remove the label via the bug. Later you get caught, the warden finds the gun but notices it isn’t labeled, so he assumes it was found at cargo since he’s not expecting the labels to come off. They search cargo and find that someone left traitor gear in one of the crates and end up bagging them.

You have effectively ruined someone’s round through the use of a what you deemed to be minor bug. This is why I don’t like people trying to justify their use of bugs because they personally feel like the impact will be minimal, and then when it finally does have some relevance they just go “well it’s just one round it’s ok”.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #611116

Cobby wrote: For example let’s say there’s a bug that lets you change the name of labels or remove them and it’s not intended. Let’s say the warden decides to label his armory guns and you steal one. You then proceed to remove the label via the bug. Later you get caught, the warden finds the gun but notices it isn’t labeled, so he assumes it was found at cargo since he’s not expecting the labels to come off. They search cargo and find that someone left traitor gear in one of the crates and end up bagging them.

You have effectively ruined someone’s round through the use of a what you deemed to be minor bug. This is why I don’t like people trying to justify their use of bugs because they personally feel like the impact will be minimal, and then when it finally does have some relevance they just go “well it’s just one round it’s ok”.
But by this same logic, any action that conceals information could "ruin someone's round". Lying to people to get out of trouble or brigging might, unintentionally, cause people to be round removed (possibly even mistakenly round removed) so should lying to people be a bannable offense?
The only effect your "use of a minor bug" had was getting warden to search cargo - someone's round getting ruined was the result of them leaving their gear in a crate.

Second, although I know this isn't applicable to athath, who's been known to code-dive looking for bugs, there are a lot of minor bugs and issues that people might just stumble across unintentionally and believe to be unintended mechanics. (or honestly, vice-versa, as shown by sinfulbliss thinking that the washing machine hiding a sec jumpsuit was a bug) That's why I personally don't find "exploiting bugs" to be that bad - unless you're doing so in a way to directly and seriously give yourself an advantage in killing other people or destroying a station.

Hiding a jumpsuit vs "I can telekinetically slash people from range while in blood as a slaughter demon" (Another exploit used by ath)

'course I'm a nobody lol but hopefully my words have some sort of effect here
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #611127

Cobby wrote:You have effectively ruined someone’s round through the use of a what you deemed to be minor bug. This is why I don’t like people trying to justify their use of bugs because they personally feel like the impact will be minimal, and then when it finally does have some relevance they just go “well it’s just one round it’s ok”.
I totally understand this rationale. But I would counter that if these bugs are minor in themselves, and go unfixed for an extended period of time, they simply become a part of the game which most people, after playing long enough, come to discover through some way or another. No different than they would any other hidden feature, and pretty much everything in SS13 is hidden until you see it done, not just bugs. No one knew you could slam someone's head into a table until they saw it done, for instance.

Anyway my point is similar to Omega's in that anything could lead to something greater. A bug could do this, or even someone just being falsely accused of being a ling. A few days ago someone accused a guy of being a ling so I arrested him, searched and found a flash so I mindshielded him out of an abundance of caution, and the guy was a headrev. It was a very close crew victory too, it may have gone very differently without that false accusation. But no one gets banned for false accusations.

Likewise if a bug is integrated into the game to such an extent, which all minor bugs are on account of them still being around in the first place (bugs that still exist likely are too insignificant to be worth bug reporting or noticed by anyone anyway), then it's no different than any other feature causing the butterfly effect. Why is it intrinsically worse if a bug were to do this?
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:'course I'm a nobody lol but hopefully my words have some sort of effect here
Hey man don't knock yourself for being a player, player opinion matters too you're not a nobody just cause your name ain't colored.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #611135

athath poked the tiger too much and now it's looking for any excuse to maul him

ath needs to find a new gimmick immediately or he's just gonna keep getting perma-banned and it's gonna be harder to shake off each time
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611142

Armhulen wrote:
Cobby wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Kryson wrote:Jannies are frothing at the mouth to ban people who provide free bug testing of our code.
To be fair, it's in the rules they enforce. So like if you want people to stop being banned for exploiting why don't you start the discussion in policy discussion or become a headmin and remove it yourself
What exactly is a bannable exploit as opposed to a fair-to-use bug though? When temp pumps were added you could heat plasma indefinitely without making a burn mix - that was patched out soon with a temp limit. But no one was banned for it of course. Where's the line drawn?
There is no hard line drawn but I am personally of the opinion that if you abuse and can’t link to the issue/convo/any metric that shows you’re aware it’s already reported and can’t make it yourself that’s when it goes to “whoops I found an issue with the game” to being malicious. Emphasis on abuse aka actively using it to get some sort of advantage. This can be anything from maybe a quicker way to do your job to making yourself permanently unable to be seen.

If you know it’s not intended then don’t use it, that’s the fool-proof way to avoid finding yourself in a bug abuse ban.
Or ahelp if you're unsure :ugeek:
actually as this ban proves you'll be rage-banned anyway if someone with more seniority disagrees, and then in the morning after they cool off and abort they'll straight up lie in the admincomplaint and pretend that it was a temporary "stop them from messing up the event" ban when it's literally worded as a "You've failed us for the last time, banned forever" forever-perma.

Because really, who reads that ban reason and then buys alphonso's furious backtracking ?

"T-there are plenty of instances where a ban of indeterminate length is applied while the facts are straightened out. There is precedent!"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611154

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Cobby wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Kryson wrote:Jannies are frothing at the mouth to ban people who provide free bug testing of our code.
To be fair, it's in the rules they enforce. So like if you want people to stop being banned for exploiting why don't you start the discussion in policy discussion or become a headmin and remove it yourself
What exactly is a bannable exploit as opposed to a fair-to-use bug though? When temp pumps were added you could heat plasma indefinitely without making a burn mix - that was patched out soon with a temp limit. But no one was banned for it of course. Where's the line drawn?
There is no hard line drawn but I am personally of the opinion that if you abuse and can’t link to the issue/convo/any metric that shows you’re aware it’s already reported and can’t make it yourself that’s when it goes to “whoops I found an issue with the game” to being malicious. Emphasis on abuse aka actively using it to get some sort of advantage. This can be anything from maybe a quicker way to do your job to making yourself permanently unable to be seen.

If you know it’s not intended then don’t use it, that’s the fool-proof way to avoid finding yourself in a bug abuse ban.
actually as this ban proves you'll be rage-banned anyway if someone with more seniority disagrees, and then in the morning after they cool off and abort they'll straight up lie in the admincomplaint and pretend that it was a temporary "stop them from messing up the event" ban when it's literally worded as a "You've failed us for the last time, banned forever" forever-perma.

Because really, who reads that ban reason and then buys alphonso's furious backtracking ?

"T-there are plenty of instances where a ban of indeterminate length is applied while the facts are straightened out. There is precedent!"
any ban that doesn't stick don't mean shit, and pretty much everyone agreed that guns were jumped and ATHATH would most likely have ended up entirely unbanned if it was just talked out instead of someone going on and ending the discussion with their admin tools

I mean, would you fault admins for placing shitty bans if someone went rogue and tried to ban as many people before getting deadminned? Is that really setting precedent, or is that an admin yarting their yorts?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #611155

yarting their yorts (yorted)

best,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #611156

Tl,dr: Players asks permission to use bug from event runner. Gets it. Gets banned for using said bug before actually using the bug. Banning admin(not event runner) relents when other admins call them out, reduces it to a note.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611165

Armhulen wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Cobby wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

any ban that doesn't stick don't mean shit, and pretty much everyone agreed that guns were jumped and ATHATH would most likely have ended up entirely unbanned if it was just talked out instead of someone going on and ending the discussion with their admin tools

I mean, would you fault admins for placing shitty bans if someone went rogue and tried to ban as many people before getting deadminned? Is that really setting precedent, or is that an admin yarting their yorts?
is this replying to the wrong post or something it seems totally unconnected to what i said, armhole. like, obviously the bigdick admin running in swinging to enforce his opinion with a permaban is the core issue with that ban lmao why does that even need to be said?
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #611189

I can't wait for yet another different admin to continue harassing ATHATH by banning him for doing nothing just before the next event
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #611198

Local admin finally gets revenge for 5 seconds of lost server time after two years (heroic)
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #611201

This is what, his 3rd Perma and immediate lift?

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #611217

It's at least his fifth incident involving exploits.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #611234

cool it with the exploits athhat
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #611244

people who play this game for fun are not welcome anymore

make way for the balance andys and rules lawyers
retired ss13 coderman
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #611264

Whoneedspacee wrote:people who play this game for fun are not welcome anymore

rules lawyrences was right there bro
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #611267

where were these people who gave a shit about exploits when you could wall skate with cardboard boxes and stealth implants to go at mach 9 speed? even though it was pretty impactful for awhile nobody really gave a shit.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #611268

wallskating was fun and I didn't even know it was unintended
bring it back
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #611270

Whoneedspacee wrote:people who play this game for fun are not welcome anymore

Accurate
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #611271

Isn`t the "No exploit abuse" rule more about protecting the integrity of a round / server itself? Special events obviously have their own set of rules and if admins are going to conflict with that then maybe only the people who are coordinating and running the event should be in control while admins either help them or deadmin themselves instead of making a special act of them abusing their admin powers on a player they don`t like.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #611292

Guys, both of these things can be (and are!) true at once:

1. The reaction of the admin team to ATHATH'S perma was universally "oh no fonzie what is you doing?" Everyone thought it was an overstep, no one is defending it and it's been corrected. Please read the admin complaint thread for more insight.

2. ATHATH has a years-long history of taking advantage of exploits. Admins are getting really tired of it. The maintainers are sick to fucking death of it. He has been repeatedly warned, noted and banned for this sort of thing going back to 2019. In addition, multiple admins and coders have informally tried to talk some sense into him. We've all gone way the fuck out of our way to draw a big, bright red line for him that we've lit up with floodlights and warned him not to cross. How many times do we have to scream "ATH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH EXPLOITS" at the top of our lungs before he gets the message? With his level of talent and experience, he could be a leader in this community. The kind of person who sets an example for everyone else. Instead, he spends his time being a pain in everyone's ass and it's eventually gonna catch up to him.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #611297

MooCow12 wrote:Isn`t the "No exploit abuse" rule more about protecting the integrity of a round / server itself? Special events obviously have their own set of rules and if admins are going to conflict with that then maybe only the people who are coordinating and running the event should be in control while admins either help them or deadmin themselves instead of making a special act of them abusing their admin powers on a player they don`t like.
explaining how to do an exploit in great detail specifically to people who arent going to fix it, not checking to see if its reported, and washing your hands when surprise surprise these people use it on live is ignorance or malice, hence why I think its also dumb for admins to actively encourage exploit abusing as well as players. Doubly so when admins get mad when players do it but the admin doesnt ever clarify when they abuse bugs themselves where that line is drawn, or if they do it's in channels specifically obscured to everyone but other admins.

The disconnect between the game and code here for me is personally confusing, and thats not even considering my stake in the code. As an admin I dont see how it isnt dickish to subvert the game balance/flow using unintentional mechanics, regardless how small you personally perceive it, as we're simply gauging if youre dickish enough to be F1'd. I can respect the first time done since the damage is already done and you were not aware of it, but after that you should at worst just not do it again, at best report it in a well documented way.

Like I said earlier its also one of those rules admins dont get big red alarms on so its a pita to enforce, which for other topics people seem to take on the idea that it doesnt happen or it doesnt matter enough to bother. This makes it frustrating to discuss.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #611301

Pretty sure the ATF would get ticked off if you went on America's got talent and showed everyone step by step how to make pipebombs and Luty SMGs from the comfort of their home
Last edited by Super Aggro Crag on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #611303

Cobby wrote:hence why I think its also dumb for admins to actively encourage exploit abusing as well as players. Doubly so when admins get mad when players do it but the admin doesnt ever clarify when they abuse bugs themselves where that line is drawn, or if they do it's in channels specifically obscured to everyone but other admins.
This isn't just dumb, it's fucking infuriating.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #611304

why is it that mralphonzo is always the admin that makes shit bans
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #611334

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Pretty sure the ATF would get ticked off if you went on America's got talent and showed everyone step by step how to make pipebombs and Luty SMGs from the comfort of their home
For reasons not before shown, I cannot say whether or whether I do NOT NOT NOT NOT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE THESE DO NOT I DO NOT.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611337

Armhulen wrote:
saprasam wrote:why is it that mralphonzo is always the admin that makes shit bans
Farquaar wrote:I thought alphonzo got deadminned ages ago
must... resist... replying...
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #611341

Is #60463 an exploit?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611353

Rohen_Tahir wrote:Is #60463 an exploit?
NO

but don't think that means i won't punish u for doin that to a cow
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #611374

Will I get banned for using https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/59951 to carry extra sheets of metal and glass
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611375

Pandarsenic wrote:Will I get banned for using https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/59951 to carry extra sheets of metal and glass
no for the same reason nobody would ban you for using the PDA with insulated gloves on
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #611385

damn athath got unbanned agian its too bad i can't use a picture of my second life avatar to express how disapointing that is
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #611387

chesse20 wrote:damn athath got unbanned agian its too bad i can't use a picture of my second life avatar to express how disapointing that is
Good. SL is cringe.
► Show Spoiler
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #611389

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Pretty sure the ATF would get ticked off if you went on America's got talent and showed everyone step by step how to make pipebombs and Luty SMGs from the comfort of their home
sometimes you need pipe bombs to dig a basement under your house, just cause someone wants to be eco friendly and anti corporation by not buying at walmart doesnt mean you are a criminal
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #611397

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
sometimes you need pipe bombs to dig a basement under your house, just cause someone wants to be eco friendly and anti corporation by not buying at walmart doesnt mean you are a criminal
wait they sell pipe bombs at walmart? which aisle?
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #611399

Fishimun wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
wait they sell pipe bombs at walmart? which aisle?
the parking lot
Living God

Extraordinary Person

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #611412

as tgstation continues to grow in operational size, miscommunication within growing depts like admins and coders will continue to increase.

More structured processes will eventually become necessary.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611502

oranges wrote:as tgstation continues to grow in operational size, miscommunication within growing depts like admins and coders will continue to increase.

More structured processes will eventually become necessary.
you aint wrong but just looking back at the history of the server and seeing what happened last time admin team got growing pains isnt exactly an insight oldtimer.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #611559

>acknowledge im correct
>in same comment deny the insight

ok
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #611592

I think it's more of a "you're right, but that's like saying water is wet"
don't worry oranges he's still spiting you clearly the world is out to get you :koishipat:
get well soon orange man
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #611598

saying oranges is right is actively detrimental to mental wellbeing of anyone
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612708

So looking at the associated admincomplaint to this affair and I'm wondering if the peanut rules changed again and totally unrelated people are allowed to show up in the complaint to give their 2 bits on whether a complaint is valid because there are theoretical hypothetical scenarios where the complained actions might potentially have been right.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612712

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:So looking at the associated admincomplaint to this affair and I'm wondering if the peanut rules changed again and totally unrelated people are allowed to show up in the complaint to give their 2 bits on whether a complaint is valid because there are theoretical hypothetical scenarios where the complained actions might potentially have been right.
Spit a name or bust.

Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612713

Agux909 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:So looking at the associated admincomplaint to this affair and I'm wondering if the peanut rules changed again and totally unrelated people are allowed to show up in the complaint to give their 2 bits on whether a complaint is valid because there are theoretical hypothetical scenarios where the complained actions might potentially have been right.
Spit a name or bust.
nah i looked twice and cobby is actually related to the incident which makes it ok :D