Athath gets Permabanned, Redux

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Athath gets Permabanned, Redux

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610958

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=29696

Local man gets permabanned for submitting an "exploiting" circuit during a talent show to show it off to people
aren't talent shows meant to show off cool shit ffs

anyway, alphonzo comes in and shoots him twice in the chest and claims the job's done while everyone else looks around like they don't know what the fuck just happened

Editing to provide context for alphonzo's response before peanut gallery does what it does best (not reading the linked thread):
he removed the permaban and edited the note, claiming it was to simply kick him off the server so that he wouldn't show off the exploit or something
once again because of ath's famous 2 year old note about lagging the server for santa claus to come down during christmas

the ban itself is a bit more reasonable at least, and it's gone now anyway
all that's left is the admin complaint part
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Athath gets Permabanned, Redux

Post by Agux909 » #612712

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:So looking at the associated admincomplaint to this affair and I'm wondering if the peanut rules changed again and totally unrelated people are allowed to show up in the complaint to give their 2 bits on whether a complaint is valid because there are theoretical hypothetical scenarios where the complained actions might potentially have been right.
Spit a name or bust.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612713

Agux909 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:So looking at the associated admincomplaint to this affair and I'm wondering if the peanut rules changed again and totally unrelated people are allowed to show up in the complaint to give their 2 bits on whether a complaint is valid because there are theoretical hypothetical scenarios where the complained actions might potentially have been right.
Spit a name or bust.
nah i looked twice and cobby is actually related to the incident which makes it ok :D
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #612727

Kel wrote:
Malkraz wrote:where were these people who gave a shit about exploits when you could wall skate with cardboard boxes and stealth implants to go at mach 9 speed? even though it was pretty impactful for awhile nobody really gave a shit.
wallskating was fun and I didn't even know it was unintended
bring it back
Greytide Underground 2 - Exploit World Destruction Tour. Coming via a beach-bum hoverboard dome near you.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #612734

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Spit a name or bust.
nah i looked twice and cobby is actually related to the incident which makes it ok :D
nice try BITCH
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #612772

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Spit a name or bust.
in any case you should report those posts instead of bitching and moaning in an unrelated thread
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #612806

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Spit a name or bust.
in any case you should report those posts instead of bitching and moaning in an unrelated thread
I almost posted this exact post awhile ago in the form of screenshotting the empty mod queue but I decided it wasn't worth it
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #612973

Rare Timberpoes peanut post.

Remember, when you do a fucky wucky it's important that instead of reflecting on your actions and what you could have done better, you instead double down.

And when that fails to garner support, double down harder and accuse the complaining admin of grudging you.

And when THAT fails, double down even HARDER and imply the other admin broke admin conduct by being involved in the matter at all.

It seems the raw ego and self-assurance that tenure brings does indeed hold a dark power below its depths. One would hope that no matter how this complaint resolves, Alphonzo takes the opportunity to reflect on it.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #612975

janny drama janny drama!!!!!

get in a big pissing match so when athath gets permabanned for the 4th for doing something he's been explicitly told not to do multiple times we can all point fingers and ask "how could this have happened"
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #612977

okay when is Alphonso and Morto's wrestling match. it's the only way to solve this once and for all
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #612978

its time to oil up

[youtube]6dQst2KFJRQ[/youtube]

janny oil wrestling
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612979

Farquaar wrote:I thought alphonzo got deadminned ages ago

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612985

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Spit a name or bust.
Filing mod reports is for people who've read the forum rules 8-)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #612996

armhulen goes “must resist replying” but i still don’t understand what the fuck is going on. alphonzo got thrown from the spartan child throwing mountain for being bad at adminning from “birth”?
why is he back?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #613015

All of Alphonzo's responses to this complaint have been to try and deflect the fact he's just a short-sighted, short-tempered administrator with a chip on his shoulder and a glaring Thanos complex.

He snapped his fingers, he felt he did the galaxy a favour, and now he waits to see if Thor is going to pay him a visit.

Why the fuck do we keep admins like Alphonzo around? He is the walking, talking, barely-sentient textbook definition of an admin who doesn't fucking play then comes back out of nowhere to issue a perma ban before fucking back off under his bridge again.

Lepi was right all along.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613017

????
[this space reserved]
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613020

I like to compare timber's responses before and after alphonzo keeps digging himself deeper in his hole-to-china project
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #613026

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I like to compare timber's responses before and after alphonzo keeps digging himself deeper in his hole-to-china project
Postby Timberpoes » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:41 pm #612973

Postby Timberpoes » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:41 am #613015
I like how they're exactly 12 hours apart to the minute
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #613030

wtf i love timberpoes now
ImageImageImage
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #613036

this clownshow went on for so long i dont even remember what athath got banned for in the first place
it seems he got banned for daring to suggest a talent show act, getting the ok, then not getting the ok and accordingly not doing it? is that about right?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613038

It perplexes me how much someone has to be full of themselves to not be able to do something as simple as apologizing and recognizing that they made a fucking mistake, instead deflecting everything back and being completely unable to look at things from outside their tunnelvision. Just amazing.
terranaut wrote:this clownshow went on for so long i dont even remember what athath got banned for in the first place
it seems he got banned for daring to suggest a talent show act, getting the ok, then not getting the ok and accordingly not doing it? is that about right?
Athath just needs to find a better hobby now that he's in the aim sight of admins and coders alike. I don't know if he deserved the infamy but it's already been shaped up.

He's "the guy that loves exploits and also loves explaining them to people so they duplicate them, but doesn't fix them himself".

Only thing left after having earned that infamous recognition is to cool it down with the exploits, moving on and doing other stuff, not keep poking the bear with the same shit like a dunce.

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #613041

i feel like it'd be more constructive if alphonzo got the steel rebar deeply lodged in his rectum surgically removed so people could go back to enjoying things
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #613058

Agux909 wrote:It perplexes me how much someone has to be full of themselves to not be able to do something as simple as apologizing and recognizing that they made a fucking mistake, instead deflecting everything back and being completely unable to look at things from outside their tunnelvision. Just amazing.
no matter what it was about, folding your arms and declaring "I did NOTHING wrong" while everyone is pissed off at you isn't a good look and there's no amount of lawyering about how what you did was technically okay that will make them not pissed off at you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613061

Yes always express guilt when accused of something no matter if you actually did it or not otherwise you're a toxic individual and shall be rectified
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613063

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Yes always express guilt when accused of something no matter if you actually did it or not otherwise you're a toxic individual and shall be rectified
Weird place to be the devil's advocate for a jannie Crag.

So your opinion is that Alphonzo didn't cross any line by popping where nobody called them, to apply a hasty permaban where it wasn't needed, to flex their privileges just cause they could and wanted to, against the decision from people involved to let the matter rest until another involved party was online so matters could be solved as a group?

And you think them deflecting on Morto being the villain because she had the balls to call them out and Mothblocks calling them based excuses their misconduct?

If so, pretty fucking hot take Crag, I'm impressed.

Or if your post was supposed to be taken at face value, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.
Spoiler:
This is a non-toxic post

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #613065

The elephant on the room is that it was a cruddy situation that people don’t want to attribute individuals to but when alphonzo made it worse then people are quite onboard to immediately attribute as malice. While I disagree that alph came to the right conclusion, I can at least see where they might have unintentionally misinterpreted the items present to influence their decision in banning them (to which they fixed later).

There is certainly some wrong done but that aspect isn’t going to be explored if people in the conversation can’t say “I can see where there was some misunderstandings”. It’s just like any similar ahelp Ingame you’re not going to get to a productive conversation about learning from the mistake if you’re approaching the situation very aggressively and for some reason oddly emotionally invested.

There are learning lessons from start to finish about this whole debacle, and it isn’t exclusive to alphonzo.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #613068

terranaut wrote:i feel like it'd be more constructive if alphonzo got the steel rebar deeply lodged in his rectum surgically removed so people could go back to enjoying things
it'd be constructive if everyone could let go of their grudges, terranaut ;3
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613071

IkeTG wrote:it'd be constructive if everyone could let go of their grudges, terranaut ;3
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613087

Agux909 wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Yes always express guilt when accused of something no matter if you actually did it or not otherwise you're a toxic individual and shall be rectified
Weird place to be the devil's advocate for a jannie Crag.

So your opinion is that Alphonzo didn't cross any line by popping where nobody called them, to apply a hasty permaban where it wasn't needed, to flex their privileges just cause they could and wanted to, against the decision from people involved to let the matter rest until another involved party was online so matters could be solved as a group?

And you think them deflecting on Morto being the villain because she had the balls to call them out and Mothblocks calling them based excuses their misconduct?

If so, pretty fucking hot take Crag, I'm impressed.

Or if your post was supposed to be taken at face value, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.
Spoiler:
This is a non-toxic post
Anything that causes chaos in the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower is actually cool and good until it personally inconveniences me then it's lame and bad

EDIT: also cobby if you want to you can borrow one of my signature pics and edit "crag" to "cobby" because you are generally right more often that wrong
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #613195

IkeTG wrote:
terranaut wrote:i feel like it'd be more constructive if alphonzo got the steel rebar deeply lodged in his rectum surgically removed so people could go back to enjoying things
i feel like youre trying to be cute here with me but im both too lazy and retarded to hold grudges for the most part
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #613240

terranaut wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
i feel like youre trying to be cute here with me but im both too lazy and retarded to hold grudges for the most part
well chalk that poor delivery of a point up to a lack of grey matter in my pea brain, I mean what I said, if people could let go of their grudges, ATH wouldn't be so compelled to fuck around 'n find out, and admins wouldn't be on his cheeks in jannie overwatch stance. these sort of harmful social cycles permeate almost all online communities, and it only takes people who care to hold others and themselves responsible, without making it personal, to make sure it doesnt turn into one big clusterfuck

otherwise the alternative is a shitstorm of drama and back-stabbing that literally ruins everything
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #613242

hi ike
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #613243

hi fikou ?