1984 strikes again peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

1984 strikes again peanut

Post by Fishimun » #613196

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

trolled
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Re: 1984 strikes again peanut

Post by Anuv » #613283

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: it's expressly not a word ban and flatulent is pretty steadfast in just using it like retard or anything else
So why wouldn't he just use retard then?

Oh right because it doesn't have the same edgy weight as the n-word and no racial implication. What if he called the captain a stupid spic or a kike? It's the same thing right? Who cares haha.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #613284

Cobby wrote:Rule 11 is pretty explicitly not a ban on words, if there was no reference to people of color (apart from the word itself depending how you view said word) then I don’t think it’s a problem unless there’s another piece being missed?

Why anyone would do that knowing admins look to btfo you if you say words like that in either ic or ooc is beyond me. Literally setting yourself up for failure because of your first amendment rights you probably don’t have because you’re a euro :-)
Using a slur as an insult is an expression of bigotry. Even if you do not direct it at a specific member of the group it pertains to, you are still directing it at the general group as a whole.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #613287

Kendrickorium wrote:"The part that fascinates me, Jennifer, is the part where you assume your respect is something I might be craving. What happened exactly, to give you the impression that people you've never met might care about having your respect?"

if you dont like something, ignore it. this world is full of nothing but thumb sucking babies these days, and it gets worse every single year.
humanity was not meant to have social media or be connected this closely.
It may surprise you that people don't like going into a community to get insulted for their ethnicity or their gender or their sexual preferences, etc etc.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #613288

The rules let you say the N word so long as it isnt directed towards a black person, in which case it becomes expressing bigotry.

The nuance here is that you cant be racist IC (you are allowed to be xenophobic) so I am willing to bet that the mental gym setup we're going to be visiting is that the n word is inherently racist and therefore shouldnt be said in any context.

My personal policy is that I wouldnt mind if the slurs were banned (cant wait to see how far that line gets drawn) but oh my god do you people get worked up over faceless nobodies saying a word. At this point its like a conditioned response especially from white people in reference to the n word to act entirely flabbergasted and its embarassing. If you stopped recoiling in horror when it popped up on your screen people would not say it nearly as often. YOU ARE LITERALLY GIVING THEM THE REACTION THEY WANT.

Words really do cast spells ig.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #613289

Anuv wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: it's expressly not a word ban and flatulent is pretty steadfast in just using it like retard or anything else
So why wouldn't he just use retard then?

Oh right because it doesn't have the same edgy weight as the n-word and no racial implication. What if he called the captain a stupid spic or a kike? It's the same thing right? Who cares haha.
So what you’re saying is that people who are actually retarded as in disease don’t matter
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #613290

[youtube]ZgkefnwlpkA[/youtube]
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613291

wesoda25 wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Kudos for iain, but with naloac as headmin I don’t really see this being upheld.
shitmins stick together
=\
=\
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #613294

Cobby wrote:My personal policy is that I wouldnt mind if the slurs were banned (cant wait to see how far that line gets drawn) but oh my god do you people get worked up over faceless nobodies saying a word. At this point its like a conditioned response especially from white people in reference to the n word to act entirely flabbergasted and its embarassing. If you stopped recoiling in horror when it popped up on your screen people would not say it nearly as often. YOU ARE LITERALLY GIVING THEM THE REACTION THEY WANT.

This. Its not about protecting the "just turned 18 Timmy who happens to be of a specific ethnicity and really wanting to play SS13" rather than some (i want to believe) predominately white people feeling good about themselves.
NoxVS wrote:Using a slur as an insult is an expression of bigotry. Even if you do not direct it at a specific member of the group it pertains to, you are still directing it at the general group as a whole.
Who is using the word "RETARD" as a positive influence on people? Now retard gets removed. People are creative, start using words like "dinger" or "jogger", now these get removed. Where does it end?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #613296

Cobby wrote:If you stopped recoiling in horror when it popped up on your screen people would not say it nearly as often. YOU ARE LITERALLY GIVING THEM THE REACTION THEY WANT.
Why do people who act like this deserve a place on the server? Intentionally going out of your way to say things to stir up conflict, seems like a pretty clear cut reason to get rid of them.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #613299

Cobby wrote: If you stopped recoiling in horror when it popped up on your screen people would not say it nearly as often. YOU ARE LITERALLY GIVING THEM THE REACTION THEY WANT.
this is not a great take cobby
if we "recoiled in horror" we wouldn't be here, especially the ones that are admins
which doesn't mean we cannot ultimately think that it'd be better if they simply didn't do that
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #613300

As an African American Andy myself, I suggest mso gives me the keys to the server so that the validity of rule 11 can never again be questioned by forum posters and femboys
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613301

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: am I worried that THEY (1984 enforcers) (people who HATE fun) will come after "retard" or any other fun six-letter word if the gamer word gets banned? no, slippery slopes are for slides not logical arguments
misidentification of informal fallacy as formal fallacy, use of fallacist's fallacy, diagnosis: skill issue, mental retardation, treatment: normal pills
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613302

Cobby wrote:The rules let you say the N word so long as it isnt directed towards a black person, in which case it becomes expressing bigotry.

The nuance here is that you cant be racist IC (you are allowed to be xenophobic) so I am willing to bet that the mental gym setup we're going to be visiting is that the n word is inherently racist and therefore shouldnt be said in any context.

My personal policy is that I wouldnt mind if the slurs were banned (cant wait to see how far that line gets drawn) but oh my god do you people get worked up over faceless nobodies saying a word. At this point its like a conditioned response especially from white people in reference to the n word to act entirely flabbergasted and its embarassing. If you stopped recoiling in horror when it popped up on your screen people would not say it nearly as often. YOU ARE LITERALLY GIVING THEM THE REACTION THEY WANT.

Cobby spitting straight facts
► Show Spoiler
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #613303

The derogatory use of the term retarded doesn't make me avoid introducing any external friends I know to the game. That's basically a staple of casual culture, internet or not. Sure, not going to show my parents any details because they wouldn't get it, but most other people would not have a major problem with it even if they disagree with doing such things.

The derogatory use of the N word makes me scuttle any conversations I ever have about this game to keep people away from it. I'm not the only one in this boat, and for those of us invested in this game, thats sad.

On the other hand, who would the derogatory use of this word appeal to / benefit, to such a large extent that it becomes a play/don't play deal breaker for them.

The casual (as per the appeal, my 'acceptable example') use of the word certainly became a thing beyond TG or even the internet, so it's not such a line.

Which is why the trivial answer is always just don't use that specific word because ... kinda easy ... why is it so hard for people ... you basically have to choose for this to be an issue for you. (and yes, so do I, but also relates to how my external friends have chosen, and for that matter almost everyone i know outside this bubbleverse)

But hey. Also standard disclaimer that this is all just my opinion and my job is to enforce whatever the spirit of the rule is, regardless of how that impacts what I'd want or how I relate other people to this game, or don't.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #613304

why do people always bring "cant tell my friends about this game because some romanian could say bad words on it"
dude just tell your friends to play sky rat instead
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613305

iprice wrote:The derogatory use of the term retarded doesn't make me avoid introducing any external friends I know to the game.
Your friends have never played online games before?
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613306

i like how admins are so bigoted against people with mental issues that saying retard is okay for them but saying nigger is not
didnt americans have actual fucking eugenics program just 100 years ago? how come nobody talks about that?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #613307

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: am I worried that THEY (1984 enforcers) (people who HATE fun) will come after "retard" or any other fun six-letter word if the gamer word gets banned? no, slippery slopes are for slides not logical arguments
misidentification of informal fallacy as formal fallacy, use of fallacist's fallacy, diagnosis: skill issue, mental retardation, treatment: normal pills
that's what the point of the mask is
wubli

Post by wubli » #613308

can't we have both "well this is the internet and you will sometimes get called bad words and you will have to learn to live with it"
and
"perhaps people shouldn't be so terminally online that the only insults they use are racially charged and refuse to admit they are"
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #613309

Farquaar wrote:
iprice wrote:The derogatory use of the term retarded doesn't make me avoid introducing any external friends I know to the game.
Did you miss the "doesn't" or did I miss your point? Because my whole point is how normal that word is across the board.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #613310

Fishimun wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
that's what the point of the mask is
prevent facial recognition from cttv
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613311

iprice wrote:
Farquaar wrote:
Did you miss the "doesn't" or did I miss your point? Because my whole point is how normal that word is across the board.
I actually did miss the word "doesn't".
► Show Spoiler
Autismal
Byond Username: Mr C0urier

Post by Autismal » #613313

Flatulent wrote:i like how admins are so bigoted against people with mental issues that saying retard is okay for them but saying nigger is not
didnt americans have actual fucking eugenics program just 100 years ago? how come nobody talks about that?
bro you can't just bring up that the US government is behind multiple black leaders being assassinated and the CIA introduced hard drugs and our current president helped extend prison sentences related to said drugs to keep black communities impoverished. Next thing you'll think it's ok to bring up the US asian concentration camps.
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #613314

Flatulent wrote:i like how admins are so bigoted against people with mental issues that saying retard is okay for them but saying nigger is not
I thought that was canada
► Show Spoiler
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #613315

The rules haven't changed, you can say nigger as long as your usage of it isn't bigoted.

Calling somebody a nigger is almost always a bigoted use.

Conveying this to admins without opening the floodgates on bans for "nigga plz" has been the challenging part, and up until recently the rule has been under enforced by most admins because my messaging to them erred on the side of caution. (sticky is not most admins)

Understand that there is a downside to my "No thought crimes" guideline to bigotry enforcement, ones intention to be bigoted doesn't come into the discussion except as a consideration for how severe or light the corrective action should be.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Autismal
Byond Username: Mr C0urier

Post by Autismal » #613316

cSeal wrote:
Maple eugenics
Attachments
justin-trudeau-brownface.jpg
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613317

Lol, in the policy thread about goofball's gamemode ATH drops the bombshell with goofball going nuclear on ATH for trying to play the game. Not even one slur uttered! I wonder how your hypothetical friends who would like to play SS13 but are put off by slurs would enjoy reading goofball's demented shitstream of consciousness in Discord if they decided to do the same thing ATH did.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

Perhaps if people are being put off by toxicity itself, we could ban every non-positive thought. But who am I kidding? That's for headmins 3 elections from now.
MrStonedOne wrote:The rules haven't changed, you can say nigger as long as your usage of it isn't bigoted.

Calling somebody a nigger is almost always a bigoted use.

mental gymnastics at play here are mindboggling.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613318

iprice wrote:The derogatory use of the term retarded doesn't make me avoid introducing any external friends I know to the game. That's basically a staple of casual culture, internet or not. Sure, not going to show my parents any details because they wouldn't get it, but most other people would not have a major problem with it even if they disagree with doing such things.

The derogatory use of the N word makes me scuttle any conversations I ever have about this game to keep people away from it. I'm not the only one in this boat, and for those of us invested in this game, thats sad.

On the other hand, who would the derogatory use of this word appeal to / benefit, to such a large extent that it becomes a play/don't play deal breaker for them.

The casual (as per the appeal, my 'acceptable example') use of the word certainly became a thing beyond TG or even the internet, so it's not such a line.

Which is why the trivial answer is always just don't use that specific word because ... kinda easy ... why is it so hard for people ... you basically have to choose for this to be an issue for you. (and yes, so do I, but also relates to how my external friends have chosen, and for that matter almost everyone i know outside this bubbleverse)

But hey. Also standard disclaimer that this is all just my opinion and my job is to enforce whatever the spirit of the rule is, regardless of how that impacts what I'd want or how I relate other people to this game, or don't.
digg spacing :twisted:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613319

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
iprice wrote:The derogatory use of the term retarded doesn't make me avoid introducing any external friends I know to the game. That's basically a staple of casual culture, internet or not. Sure, not going to show my parents any details because they wouldn't get it, but most other people would not have a major problem with it even if they disagree with doing such things.

lol
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613320

cSeal wrote:
After the eugenics movement was well established in the United States, it spread to Germany. California eugenicists began producing literature promoting eugenics and sterilization and sending it overseas to German scientists and medical professionals.[13] By 1933, California had subjected more people to forceful sterilization than all other U.S. states combined. The forced sterilization program engineered by the Nazis was partly inspired by California's.[
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613322

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
iprice wrote:words spaced to make it readable
haha my opponent has formatted his post in such a way that its easy to tell where pauses are or where one thought ends
clearly his attempt to more easily make a point online is actually a point against him look at how intelligent I am
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613323

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
haha my opponent has formatted his post in such a way that its easy to tell where pauses are or where one thought ends
clearly his attempt to more easily make a point online is actually a point against him look at how intelligent I am
clearly you don't own an air fryer
wubli

Post by wubli » #613325

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
cope (i used the internet word that implies that you care too much about something (just like i care about using racial slurs) and this makes you an inferior human being so i win this argument)
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #613326

Rohen_Tahir wrote:

That isn't digg spacing. Please lurk more.
Flatulent wrote: So what you’re saying is that people who are actually retarded as in disease don’t matter
No, it's the fact that you using the n-word instead of something like retard show that you only care about the racial implications and bigoted shock value about it.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613328

Anuv wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:

That isn't digg spacing. Please lurk more.
Flatulent wrote: So what you’re saying is that people who are actually retarded as in disease don’t matter
No, it's the fact that you using the n-word instead of something like retard show that you only care about the racial implications and bigoted shock value about it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #613329

NoxVS wrote:b
idk about this when I hear people say fag i dont feel like people are talking about me or even gay people in general, I just feel like its no different than any other curse word in its function in whatever dumb sentence people are trying to say. Thats quite a difference than someone using it directly to someone who is gay for the purpose of making a derogatory statement about them being gay. I assume this is similar to how black people feel when the N word is used, otherwise the mob of people would be a lot more darker.

To perhaps illustrate this point, look at this thread. People are literally suggesting another slur, such as retard, in replacement for his slur, which is n word. Why is retard an acceptable curse word and not a suggestion everyone who has recommended it is an ableist bigot who should be banned?

What about bitch? Cunt? Nice try misogynist, using these words actually mean you hate women.

Dumb? Stupid? What if they have a learning disability?

Funny enough the banning slurs slippery slope has even lead some conversations to ask if the use of "potato" was offensive to the irish.

Its perhaps why I cant ever actually approve of banning slurs because when we look at some of the words we DO let people say we realize perhaps we should watch where we throw the stones, especially when there's already cracks.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613331

wubli wrote: cope (i used the internet word that implies that you care too much about something (just like i care about using racial slurs) and this makes you an inferior human being so i win this argument)
mald
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #613333

Rohen_Tahir wrote:Image
Posting a Saiga antelope as a "subtle" attempt at an antisemitic jab doesn't make you look any less stupid. I'm not Jewish in any way.
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #613334

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Image
SNRK POSTER DETECTED
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! REPEAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!
► Show Spoiler
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #613337

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #613339

wubli wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
cope (i used the internet word that implies that you care too much about something (just like i care about using racial slurs) and this makes you an inferior human being so i win this argument)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613340

Yo flatulent I refuse to believe you're this square to not understand what people is trying to convey to you here.

You slipped the tongue and used the slur nigger with a negative connotation, against someone, when you were mad. You say you had no intention to demean anyone's ethnicity? That you did it more out of habit and culture? If that's really the case then fine, you aren't a bigot.

However, slip-up or not, cultural habit or not, common internet slang or not, you weaponized that specific slur at the time to insult someone, and that's a bigoted action.
Are you one? Admins can't read minds so they can't know. They work with what they have on the table, plus what you tell them. And the table showed bigotry, which is what rule 11 is trying to keep out from this community.

Please tell me you understand this fact. You understand that you weren't noted just for "saying a slur", right? I just used the same slur up there. That up there is "just saying a slur".

Now imagine people could get banned for using a slur as I did up there. Ridiculous right? That's why implementing a list of banned slurs is also not a good idea.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613341

Anuv wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:Image
Posting a Saiga antelope as a "subtle" attempt at an antisemitic jab doesn't make you look any less stupid. I'm not Jewish in any way.
you must be fun at parties
MMMiracles wrote:
Spoiler:
this is the message with the most effort in the thread and that’s saying something
Last edited by Flatulent on Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #613342

[youtube]DAN0OCagHzQ[/youtube]
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #613343

you should all read cobbys post because shitposting aside he's the only one who gets it
none of you are even black but this is one of the most active peanut threads in a while with lots of opinions, why does anyone here care

really hope i'm not setting myself for a cobby is a straight white male moment up here
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613345

terranaut wrote:you should all read cobbys post because shitposting aside he's the only one who gets it
none of you are even black but this is one of the most active peanut threads in a while with lots of opinions, why does anyone here care

really hope i'm not setting myself for a cobby is a straight white male moment up here
Because it's uh... a peanut gallery?
Spoiler:
lol at quoting your whitetext

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613348

RaveRadbury wrote:[youtube]DAN0OCagHzQ[/youtube]
♻️
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613349

Agux909 wrote:Yo flatulent I refuse to believe you're this square to not understand what people is trying to convey to you here.

You slipped the tongue and used the slur nigger with a negative connotation, against someone, when you were mad. You say you had no intention to demean anyone's ethnicity? That you did it more out of habit and culture? If that's really the case then fine, you aren't a bigot.

However, slip-up or not, cultural habit or not, common internet slang or not, you weaponized that specific slur at the time to insult someone, and that's a bigoted action.
Are you one? Admins can't read minds so they can't know. They work with what they have on the table, plus what you tell them. And the table showed bigotry, which is what rule 11 is trying to keep out from this community.

Please tell me you understand this fact. You understand that you weren't noted just for "saying a slur", right? I just used the same slur up there. That up there is "just saying a slur".

Now imagine people could get banned for using a slur as I did up there. Ridiculous right? That's why implementing a list of banned slurs is also not a good idea.
I understand what they’re trying to say, but I disagree with their accessment. I used the word because that’s what I happened to want to use at the time and I don’t know why I should give too much thought to my choice of slurs besides pissy nannies getting upset over it. I don’t weaponise shit, I just type what I feel like typing and roll with it.
The connection between using the slur in a negative connotation to insult people and using the slur in a negative connotation to compare the person to an unpriveleged group that may be deemed inferior by some and insult the person this way isn’t made by me. It’s made by you. And I refuse to understand why exactly that should be my problem.
Perhaps one day we could range ban americans and british from Terry so I won’t have to deal with internet warriors looking for oppression where there is none.
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #613350

terranaut wrote: none of you are even black but this is one of the most active peanut threads in a while with lots of opinions, why does anyone here care
Im black does that mean my opinion matters now lol
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #613351

its going to be funny if this is the thread that starts serious conversation about just banning slurs to save everyone time and headache
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613353

cSeal wrote:
terranaut wrote: none of you are even black but this is one of the most active peanut threads in a while with lots of opinions, why does anyone here care
Im black does that mean my opinion matters now lol
In this case you do have a voice in whether usage of said slur offends you or not.