banned books peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

banned books peanut

Post by Screemonster » #614690

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29907

itt: mothblocks cockblocks by dropping the docs, coquette connection blocked
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614780

this is what happens when you don't disassemble the library to make baseball bats and bucklers round start
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614794

this is what happens when you let people into your community
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #614795

+1
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

sage

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #614801

wesoda25 wrote:I’m done reading appeals and forming an opinion, honestly way too much work. From now on I’m just gonna believe in the opposite of whatever sinful says.
No one man can hold all that power...
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614802

Yeah no I think they just don’t understand the proper formatting, exhibit A their title is literally “wrongful ban” or something.

To answer Mothblocks: copying and pasting logs is not purely factual because **WHICH LOGS** YOU COPY AND PASTE IS DETERMINED BY A MOTIVE. I could copy and paste the logs that make him look less guilty, you could copy and paste the logs that show him calling the book “flirting,” at the end of the day neither of us are impartial. Only way to impartially post logs is to Ctrl+C Ctrl+V the entire round, but that’s silly.
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614804

Hey sinfulbliss
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #614806

sinfulbliss wrote:To answer Mothblocks: copying and pasting logs is not purely factual because **WHICH LOGS** YOU COPY AND PASTE IS DETERMINED BY A MOTIVE. I could copy and paste the logs that make him look less guilty, you could copy and paste the logs that show him calling the book “flirting,” at the end of the day neither of us are impartial. Only way to impartially post logs is to Ctrl+C Ctrl+V the entire round, but that’s silly.
Hey my question is why should anyone care about who is or isn't impartial? This has never been a metric for what is and isn't good posting conduct in FNR because if it were, as you've cleverly demonstrated, any punk with a bee up his ass about a ban could whinge about why something isn't impartial and suddenly everyone has to engage with insane diatribes about a post that was made days before the fact for pages upon pages, ultimately going nowhere because hypothetical sinfulbliss didn't even bother to read anything before blasting into the thread.

I mean shit you spend so much time playing devil's advocate but don't even bother to meet the bare minimum of making sure you aren't completely full of it, a fella gotta wonder if you do this on purpose at this point, like that post you made earlier in tha thread~
sinfulbliss wrote:The one thing that you can always guarantee, is the instant you criticize a ban, you will be accused of being the very thing you are defending, along with many PURPLE voices there to defend it... BUT THAT HAS NEVER STOPPED US HARD-LINED PEANUT POSTERS BEFORE, AND IT NEVER WILL. HOLD FIRM.
if there's anything I've learned from irony-poisoned dorks on the internets, it's that you can always read between the lines. One has to wonder how much of this post was coming from a genuine place inside your head, and the only proper response is that you're clearly not effective with this devil's advocate stuff since you're not good at arguing, you need to refocus your energy into a healthier place.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #614807

sinfulbliss wrote:If you think 3rd party voices are okay so long as it's backed by logical reasoning, then surely we can all start posting on appeals and show inconsistencies in admin conduct, right?
yes??? do you think before you write these posts?? have you read our rules??
sinfulbliss wrote:Calling someone out for being a liar is not impartial, it doesn't matter if it's backed 100% by logs and logic, the fact that it is a 3rd party being added to the appeal against the appealer is unfair for the appealer.
why is it unfair if you're literally lying on your appeal???? are you implying that if you're good at lying and headmins don't notice you deserve an unban???
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614808

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Hey sinfulbliss
Hewwo
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614809

IkeTG wrote:Hey my question is why should anyone care about who is or isn't impartial? This has never been a metric for what is and isn't good posting conduct in FNR
Third time's the charm I guess:
SinfulBliss wrote:I agree peanut policy wasn't violated, but this type of thing stacks the odds against the appealer.
Towards your ad hominem jabs: if you aren't able to differentiate between irony and sobriety, you have a reading comprehension problem. I will continue to put both in my posts sometimes, if it's confusing for you that's not really my problem.
wubli wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:If you think 3rd party voices are okay so long as it's backed by logical reasoning, then surely we can all start posting on appeals and show inconsistencies in admin conduct, right?
Do you ever wonder why there isn't a single dissenting opinion ever posted on appeals threads aside from headmins directly correcting the admin? Do you ever wonder why everyone chooses the peanut threads to express their disagreement, instead of arguing their point with logic and logs on the thread itself? I offered an explanation several posts ago.
wubli wrote:why is it unfair if you're literally lying on your appeal???? are you implying that if you're good at lying and headmins don't notice you deserve an unban???
I gave an alternate explanation for why he responded the way he did, which would not be "to lie." It is not an objective fact that he lied on his appeal.
What's the limit? Should appealers be expected to have to argue against two, three, even four admins levying accusations at them using different logs to support their points?

There are two sides to every story. Both sides can make factual, purely objective points supporting their argument. The number of people arguing for one side over another influences the outcome of the ban appeal. That is why it's unfair.
Spoiler:
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614810

sinfulbliss wrote:Towards your ad hominem jabs: if you aren't able to differentiate between irony and sobriety, you have a reading comprehension problem. I will continue to put both in my posts sometimes, if it's confusing for you that's not really my problem.
dude you are hopeless lol
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614811

sinfulbliss wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Hey sinfulbliss
Hewwo
Bitch
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614812

IkeTG wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Towards your ad hominem jabs: if you aren't able to differentiate between irony and sobriety, you have a reading comprehension problem. I will continue to put both in my posts sometimes, if it's confusing for you that's not really my problem.
stay mad
Spoiler:
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614813

Sinful I think you should really wait to see what the appealer has to say in their defense. They have yet to respond to this "unfair dogpiling".
You could literally be advocating for the devil here and making a fool of yourself, why choose to die on such a hill prematurely?

Also I don't get your take about lies. Are you really getting philosophical about what lies are and what they aren't?
If you say "I read the book", then when questioned, and without any further clarification you say "I didn't read the book", that's objectively a lie. This isn't such a hard concept to grasp? What goes through your mind is irrelevant if you don't spit it, admins can't read minds yet so don't count on it.

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614814

Agux thank you for progressing our discussion about the facts here in a productive way.
Agux909 wrote:Sinful I think you should really wait to see what the appealer has to say in their defense. They have yet to respond to this "unfair dogpiling".
You could literally be advocating for the devil here and making a fool of yourself, why choose to die on such a hill prematurely?
This is a fair point, they might just be a total creep and admit to it in the next post and beg to be unbanned, in which case I will look pretty stupid. That's fine though.
Agux909 wrote:Also I don't get your take about lies. Are you really getting philosophical about what lies are and what they aren't?
If you say "I read the book", then when questioned, and without any further clarification you say "I didn't read the book", it's objectively a lie to whoever's reviewing facts.
Here's my thought process, for what it's worth: what someone says IC and what someone says when questioned OOC are very different. Players are allowed to lie, make up things, and say all kinds of stuff IC, but when they are questioned OOC they are expected to conduct themselves in a serious and factual manner.

If a player is being accused of lying in an appeals thread, the lie ought to be OOC. That is, they stated one thing in an ahelp, and then contradicted themselves later in the ahelp. Or: what they said in the appeals thread contradicted what they said in the ahelp. Their IC-statements should never be taken as "facts-of-the-matter" and held up against their OOC statements to thereby accuse them of lying.

Example:
Joan Sex says, "See that dead assistant there? I fucking killed them."
*bwoink* "Hey, did you kill that assistant?"
Joan-OOC-Reply-to-Admins: "nah."
Appeals thread: Mothblocks: "clearly there is an inconsistency here, they claimed they did not kill the assistant but according to the following logs: [logs] they said that they did!

Now this is a simple example and obviously a murder is a much simpler thing to investigate, but hopefully that clarifies my point.
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #614815

sinfulbliss wrote:
wubli wrote:
Do you ever wonder why there isn't a single dissenting opinion ever posted on appeals threads aside from headmins directly correcting the admin? Do you ever wonder why everyone chooses the peanut threads to express their disagreement, instead of arguing their point with logic and logs on the thread itself?

THIS right here! A few months ago, I believe it was when Crag was banned, I spent my fucking time log diving and fishing out the logs that proved that the guy he was accused of escalating against was actually targetting him, and unprovoked on that, and then timberpoes deletes the entire fucking thing and claims that me explaining what the logs show was making too much of an assumption and it violated peanut policy. Seeing their coder brethren motherfucker burying this sex-book idiot alive and blatantly building a case for the admin just shows me that the rules only count for the user-class. Go spent your time fixing the fucking game, instead of doing the admin's job for them.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614816

sinfulbliss wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
stay mad
sinful you laser focused on the irony part, I was talking about other people. How is it ad hominem to say that I've hung around a lot of irony-poisoned people that it made me realize that even jokes have truth in them? Like bro you were JUST talking about impartialness and omission of logs, the natural conclusion to that line of questioning is straight up reading the intent in someone's post and then you say I'm doin a logical fallacy on you!

This is why you're not taken seriously here, you don't actually read anyone's posts, you just blitz on points to the point of missing the forest for the trees. Reread my post and try again !
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #614817

BONERMASTER wrote: With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
You know the signature field is for a signature so you don't have to type a signature every time you post
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614818

Hulkamania wrote:
-BONERMASTER
You know the signature field is for a signature so you don't have to type a signature every time you post
he stole the bee's shtick. shameless
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #614819

hi ike love you
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614820

sinfulbliss wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Also I don't get your take about lies. Are you really getting philosophical about what lies are and what they aren't?
If you say "I read the book", then when questioned, and without any further clarification you say "I didn't read the book", it's objectively a lie to whoever's reviewing facts.
Here's my thought process, for what it's worth: what someone says IC and what someone says when questioned OOC are very different. Players are allowed to lie, make up things, and say all kinds of stuff IC, but when they are questioned OOC they are expected to conduct themselves in a serious and factual manner.

If a player is being accused of lying in an appeals thread, the lie ought to be OOC. That is, they stated one thing in an ahelp, and then contradicted themselves later in the ahelp. Or: what they said in the appeals thread contradicted what they said in the ahelp. Their IC-statements should never be taken as "facts-of-the-matter" and held up against their OOC statements to thereby accuse them of lying.

Example:
Joan Sex says, "See that dead assistant there? I fucking killed them."
*bwoink* "Hey, did you kill that assistant?"
Joan-OOC-Reply-to-Admins: "nah."
Appeals thread: Mothblocks: "clearly there is an inconsistency here, they claimed they did not kill the assistant but according to the following logs: [logs] they said that they did!

Now this is a simple example and obviously a murder is a much simpler thing to investigate, but hopefully that clarifies my point.
But how are you sooo sure they didn't read the book? They even said how at the bottom of it there was rape, and got creepy with another player about it. So I don't get your angle as to why you'd be defending this regardless. Even if they didn't actually read the book, they played stupid games, won stupid prizes.
Last edited by Agux909 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614821

BONERMASTER wrote:A few months ago, I believe it was when Crag was banned, I spent my fucking time log diving and fishing out the logs that proved that the guy he was accused of escalating against was actually targetting him, and unprovoked on that, and then timberpoes deletes the entire fucking thing and claims that me explaining what the logs show was making too much of an assumption and it violated peanut policy.
Thank you BONERMASTER for providing substance to my claims.
IkeTG wrote:sinful you laser focused on the irony part, I was talking about other people. How is it ad hominem to say that I've hung around a lot of irony-poisoned people that it made me realize that even jokes have truth in them?
Even if that part wasn't ad hominem, saying "you're not good at arguing" and "you aren't taken seriously here" is ad hominem. I laser focus on the trees so you can't hide behind them!! Only thing worse than pure ad hominem is thinly veiled ad hominem.. You're correct irony has truth in it, too, but assuming I'm acting in bad-faith because of a few ironic posts is silly.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614823

Agux909 wrote:But how are you sooo sure they didn't read the book? They even said how at the bottom of it there was rape, and got creepy with another player about it. So I don't get your angle as to why you'd be defending this regardless. Even if they didn't actually read the book, they played stupid games, won stupid prizes.
I'm not 100% sure, I simply think it's extremely uncertain whether they read it or not, and it's quite plausible they didn't read it. I also think the "getting creepy" about it could be interpreted as a joke trying to play it off once they found out it had rape in it. Or maybe they were trying to be intentionally provocative to get an inflammatory response (which they did). Both of these explanations are at least as likely, if not more likely, than what was assumed.

It matters whether they read it or not, too, because if they did read it, as was claimed, then it means they were literally intending another player to read a book about their species being raped, and calling it "flirting." That's just straight up rule 8 permaban town. The other possibilities are significantly milder and amount to just a pour response after learning of its contents.
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614824

there's a "bad joke" that just makes nobody laugh and then there's a "bad joke" that makes the room go silent and just stare at you

assuming he didn't know what was in the book, calling the book about necrophilia and rape "flirting" after you're informed that it has it is still that second type of "bad joke"
it's extremely uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of these sorts of super weird and creepy advances, and it's why rule 8 covers not just actual e-sex but general creepiness from people.

Don't be weird, don't call alluding to necrophilia and rape "flirting", don't go and call people toots after they've shown they're distinctly not into you
this is really not hard to do
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614825

sinfulbliss wrote:
Agux909 wrote:But how are you sooo sure they didn't read the book? They even said how at the bottom of it there was rape, and got creepy with another player about it. So I don't get your angle as to why you'd be defending this regardless. Even if they didn't actually read the book, they played stupid games, won stupid prizes.
I'm not 100% sure, I simply think it's extremely uncertain whether they read it or not, and it's quite plausible they didn't read it. I also think the "getting creepy" about it could be interpreted as a joke trying to play it off once they found out it had rape in it. Or maybe they were trying to be intentionally provocative to get an inflammatory response (which they did). Both of these explanations are at least as likely, if not more likely, than what was assumed.

It matters whether they read it or not, too, because if they did read it, as was claimed, then it means they were literally intending another player to read a book about their species being raped, and calling it "flirting." That's just straight up rule 8 permaban town. The other possibilities are significantly milder and amount to just a pour response after learning of its contents.
There are no mild possibilities when joking about rape and such Sinful, especially if you're joking with someone who isn't even in a circle of trust with you. Please for the love of god abandon this way of thinking that everything's just "not a big deal". People are behind the characters and showing some basic human decency in a social game like this is a good starting point for everyone.

BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #614826

Hulkamania wrote:
-BONERMASTER
Object to form.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614827

sinfulbliss wrote:
IkeTG wrote:sinful you laser focused on the irony part, I was talking about other people. How is it ad hominem to say that I've hung around a lot of irony-poisoned people that it made me realize that even jokes have truth in them?
Even if that part wasn't ad hominem, saying "you're not good at arguing" and "you aren't taken seriously here" is ad hominem. I laser focus on the trees so you can't hide behind them!! Only thing worse than pure ad hominem is thinly veiled ad hominem.. You're correct irony has truth in it, too, but assuming I'm acting in bad-faith because of a few ironic posts is silly.
You're being a complete hypocrite here. By outright saying you're laser focusing on the trees, you're doing exactly what you said was bad with omitting logs to make a more compelling argument. The reason the saying "Missing the forest for the trees" exists in the first place is because it's poor form in arguments or disagreements to break down an entire message down to bite-sized parts in order to more easily make an argument.
First, because you're completely ignoring the whole case I made with those individual points by responding to them, and second because it makes it easier to attack. That's called a Strawman Fallacy if we're desperate enough to clutch pearls about logical fallacies. You're misrepresenting what my whole post was saying by only attacking what you felt was Ad Hominem, which is called Argument from fallacy. The whole point of logical fallacies is not to be a clever gotcha for the internet debate club, but a caution for people like yourself who think they need to form arguments in advocacy for other people who are in your eyes being treated unjustly to not fall into logical trappings that lead you to the wrong conclusion.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614829

god save my soul I am about to doublepost
sinfulbliss wrote: I'm not 100% sure, I simply think it's extremely uncertain whether they read it or not, and it's quite plausible they didn't read it. I also think the "getting creepy" about it could be interpreted as a joke trying to play it off once they found out it had rape in it. Or maybe they were trying to be intentionally provocative to get an inflammatory response (which they did). Both of these explanations are at least as likely, if not more likely, than what was assumed.

Dude this is the fuckin point of ban appeals, you clamor on about da jannies and then expect them to read people's mind and intent? If the situation looks really bad, the best thing to do is to avoid making unnecessary assumptions, otherwise people like you will jump down the admin's throat because they tried to read the situation and sometimes will read it wrong!

The ban appeal is not just to get unbanned but for parties to throw out what their intent and line of reasoning was. That's how people get unbanned, for being open and honest about what they were doing and why, and then trying to make an appeal for unbanning! So much of your argument depends on the admins doing things you would later criticize them for down the line, it's so unreasonable!
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #614830

is sinful like schizophrenic or something everything he's saying is fucking stupid
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #614831

Listen, the guy did read the book, 100%. Nobody grabs a sex-book and starts flinging it at other people without having taken a peek in it themselves. It's a weak defense to claim that "you never read it", and the admin would have easily dismantled it himself. That isn't even something that we should be arguing here. Another thing though is an uninvolved coder dropping logs and posting his theories in the appeal thread against the accused. If you want to kick off a huge argument, you should focus on that, not on the ban itself, because even though he got ratted out in the appeal, the ban reason is legitimate.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #614832

BONERMASTER wrote:Listen, the guy did read the book, 100%. Nobody grabs a sex-book and starts flinging it at other people without having taken a peek in it themselves. It's a weak defense to claim that "you never read it", and the admin would have easily dismantled it himself. That isn't even something that we should be arguing here. Another thing though is an uninvolved coder dropping logs and posting his theories in the appeal thread against the accused. If you want to kick off a huge argument, you should focus on that, not on the ban itself, because even though he got ratted out in the appeal, the ban reason is legitimate.
Mothblocks is an admin, and also one of the moths who this was directed towards iirc.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614833

saprasam wrote:is sinful like schizophrenic or something everything he's saying is fucking stupid
he' s just ugly irl
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #614834

Agux909 wrote:Sinful I think you should really wait to see what the appealer has to say in their defense. They have yet to respond to this "unfair dogpiling".
Given how much text sinfulbliss is spitting out here and the fact that in the morgue necrophilia peanut he posted about several of his friends getting banned for "barely" violating rule 8 or something like that, I am inclined to believe that it's because he knows the appealer.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614835

Sinful has quickly developed a reputation for defending abject degeneracy. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29448
sinfulbliss wrote:A year for a pedo smut book seems kind of harsh by itself, but considering he straight up lied in the appeal it makes sense.
I'd expect this behaviour from an idiot on an anonymous imageboard or Twitter, but this is getting bizarre.
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #614837

cSeal wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Listen, the guy did read the book, 100%. Nobody grabs a sex-book and starts flinging it at other people without having taken a peek in it themselves. It's a weak defense to claim that "you never read it", and the admin would have easily dismantled it himself. That isn't even something that we should be arguing here. Another thing though is an uninvolved coder dropping logs and posting his theories in the appeal thread against the accused. If you want to kick off a huge argument, you should focus on that, not on the ban itself, because even though he got ratted out in the appeal, the ban reason is legitimate.
Mothblocks is an admin, and also one of the moths who this was directed towards iirc.
As is timberpoes who was mentioned earlier. If you're going to try and use an uninvolved party with a green name posting in a ban appeal as a gotcha about the coding team, boner, I'd advise two things before doing so:
1. Make sure they're not actually an admin too.
2. Make sure they actually are uninvolved.
Given mothblocks meets neither of these criteria, I'm not quite sure what you're railing against here.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #614838

My bad for assuming information that is openly displayed and not investigating every single person like a coked out detective to see what rank and title they actually have on TG-station.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614839

BONERMASTER wrote:My bad for assuming information that is openly displayed and not investigating every single person like a coked out detective to see what rank and title they actually have on TG-station.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
Stunts like these are enough to get you disbarred, bonerman
► Show Spoiler
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614840

EOBGames wrote:
cSeal wrote:
As is timberpoes who was mentioned earlier. If you're going to try and use an uninvolved party with a green name posting in a ban appeal as a gotcha about the coding team, boner, I'd advise two things before doing so:
1. Make sure they're not actually an admin too.
2. Make sure they actually are uninvolved.
Given mothblocks meets neither of these criteria, I'm not quite sure what you're railing against here.
Spoiler:
lol the green name said boner

EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #614841

BONERMASTER wrote:My bad for assuming information that is openly displayed and not investigating every single person like a coked out detective to see what rank and title they actually have on TG-station.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
hey, I'm just saying, if you're going to start railing against things, make sure they actually *are* what you're railing against, that's all. maybe your keen interest in ban appeals could have helped you in seeing that both timberpoes and mothblocks have had several ban appeals to their name? or, perhaps, you could *not* make uninformed statements, that's also an option.

All the best,
EOBGames
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #614842

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
yeah in hindsight, neither of those things are that obvious just from this appeal, sorry if I came off as being a smug shit or something when I corrected you, wasn't my intention ?
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #614843

BONERMASTER wrote:and then timberpoes deletes the entire fucking thing and claims that me explaining what the logs show was making too much of an assumption and it violated peanut policy
What what did I do this time?

I only have full admin/moderative permissions in the coding subforums. I can't even edit other people's posts in appeal threads, let alone delete them. Are you possibly confusing me with someone else, or did I nuke a thread without remembering?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #614844

Why does mothblock's coder or admin rank matter when literally anyone could have posted what he posted
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614845

Agux909 wrote:There are no mild possibilities when joking about rape and such Sinful, especially if you're joking with someone who isn't even in a circle of trust with you. Please for the love of god abandon this way of thinking that everything's just "not a big deal". People are behind the characters and showing some basic human decency in a social game like this is a good starting point for everyone.
I agree. I don't think the joke was in good taste, either.
Rohen_Tahir wrote:Given how much text sinfulbliss is spitting out here and the fact that in the morgue necrophilia peanut he posted about several of his friends getting banned for "barely" violating rule 8 or something like that, I am inclined to believe that it's because he knows the appealer.
saprasam wrote:is sinful like schizophrenic or something everything he's saying is fucking stupid
Farquaar wrote:Sinful has quickly developed a reputation for defending abject degeneracy.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:he' s just ugly irl
Don't know the appealer, not ugly IRL, don't support behaving like a degenerate IC.

I simply have the belief that a permaban is excessive in many cases. A 3-month or even 6-month ban would accomplish the very same goal while allowing the player a chance to re-integrate into the community. I also could have been permabanned for something I did, but I was given a chance to take a break and come back. Permabans should be reserved for those beyond reform.
SinfulBliss wrote:The one thing that you can always guarantee, is the instant you criticize a ban, you will be accused of being the very thing you are defending
For whatever reason, it's mind-bendingly difficult for some of you to understand that you can defend someone without condoning their actions.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #614846

sinfulbliss wrote:
Agux909 wrote:There are no mild possibilities when joking about rape and such Sinful, especially if you're joking with someone who isn't even in a circle of trust with you. Please for the love of god abandon this way of thinking that everything's just "not a big deal". People are behind the characters and showing some basic human decency in a social game like this is a good starting point for everyone.
I agree. I don't think the joke was in good taste, either.
Rohen_Tahir wrote:Given how much text sinfulbliss is spitting out here and the fact that in the morgue necrophilia peanut he posted about several of his friends getting banned for "barely" violating rule 8 or something like that, I am inclined to believe that it's because he knows the appealer.
Farquaar wrote:Sinful has quickly developed a reputation for defending abject degeneracy.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:he' s just ugly irl
Don't know the appealer, not ugly IRL, don't support behaving like a degenerate IC.

I simply have the belief that a permaban is excessive in many cases. A 3-month or even 6-month ban would accomplish the very same goal while allowing the player a chance to re-integrate into the community. I also could have been permabanned for something I did, but I was given a chance to take a break and come back. Permabans should be reserved for those beyond reform.
SinfulBliss wrote:The one thing that you can always guarantee, is the instant you criticize a ban, you will be accused of being the very thing you are defending
For whatever reason, it's mind-bendingly difficult for some of you to understand that you can defend someone without condoning their actions.
Blacklist is for those beyond reform. Permaban is for saying "we really don't want to deal with this shit again so prove you can behave and then you can come back"

in otherwords, permabans function identically to lavaland labor camp in that its where you send people you are tired of dealing with in the hopes they either put in the bare minimum effort required or they vanish never to be seen again
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #614847

EOBGames wrote:

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
hey, I'm just saying, if you're going to start railing against things, make sure they actually *are* what you're railing against, that's all. maybe your keen interest in ban appeals could have helped you in seeing that both timberpoes and mothblocks have had several ban appeals to their name? or, perhaps, you could *not* make uninformed statements, that's also an option.

All the best,
EOBGames
My bad that *I'm* not *hacked* into the *NSA-Server* to be *correctly* *aware* of *every* *single* *bit* of *information* before *calling out* *somebody* for being a *fucking* *snitch*.
I am *terribly* *sorry* for seeing the *flashing* *green* *"CODER"* title and *thinking* that this person is *mainly* involved with *coding* and not *dogpiling* *fucking* *appealers*.

With *best* regards
*BONERMASTER*

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614848

NoxVS wrote: Blacklist is for those beyond reform. Permaban is for saying "we really don't want to deal with this shit again so prove you can behave and then you can come back"

in otherwords, permabans function identically to lavaland labor camp in that its where you send people you are tired of dealing with in the hopes they either put in the bare minimum effort required or they vanish never to be seen again
The funny thing about the lavaland labor camp, is that when you get stuck there for 1000 pts, it's actually much quicker to just break out and free yourself illegally than go through the legal avenue. If we take a look at the public bans page, it looks to me like 90% of it are ban evasions.

Many players are TG-players. That is, they don't like other servers. They made friends here, they play here, they don't care to play somewhere else, it's just not fun. But your appeal will be denied without a referral. Your option is to play somewhere else you don't enjoy playing for 12 months in order to get a referral that may or may not even get you unbanned in the end. And that's all supposing you are even still remotely interested in the game after 12 months away from it.

12 months is simply too long to realistically expect someone to wait to appeal. They will simply find a new game entirely, do something else, or evade, rather than wait that long. To which you may respond, "fuck 'em." That's fine, but if that's the response then don't act like a perma is a second chance.
Spoiler:
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #614849

this might shock you but tgstation is not a human right
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #614850

sinfulbliss wrote: 12 months is simply too long to realistically expect someone to wait to appeal. They will simply find a new game entirely, do something else, or evade, rather than wait that long. To which you may respond, "fuck 'em." That's fine, but if that's the response then don't act like a perma is a second chance.
a permaban is a chance to come back, but it entirely relies on you going out of your way to show you've improved. I don't see why we should care about people who just cant be bothered to do that, especially since we have people that do work to show that they can play on here with no issues and get their perma appealed.
► Show Spoiler
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #614851

wubli wrote:this might shock you but tgstation is not a human right
this should be adressed at the next UN general summit
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614852

sinfulbliss wrote: The funny thing about the lavaland labor camp, is that when you get stuck there for 1000 pts, it's actually much quicker to just break out and free yourself illegally than go through the legal avenue. If we take a look at the public bans page, it looks to me like 90% of it are ban evasions.

Many players are TG-players. That is, they don't like other servers. They made friends here, they play here, they don't care to play somewhere else, it's just not fun. But your appeal will be denied without a referral. Your option is to play somewhere else you don't enjoy playing for 12 months in order to get a referral that may or may not even get you unbanned in the end. And that's all supposing you are even still remotely interested in the game after 12 months away from it.

12 months is simply too long to realistically expect someone to wait to appeal. They will simply find a new game entirely, do something else, or evade, rather than wait that long. To which you may respond, "fuck 'em." That's fine, but if that's the response then don't act like a perma is a second chance.
Can someone tell me again why we have to pity people who go out of their way to make other people uncomfortable with weird sex shit
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #614853

man I only posted this 'cause I thought it was funny that he was flirting with a moth and his appeal was blocked by someone literally called mothblocks I didn't expect a serious debate on peanut policy or the validity of rape literature