banned books peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

banned books peanut

Post by Screemonster » #614690

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29907

itt: mothblocks cockblocks by dropping the docs, coquette connection blocked
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: banned books peanut

Post by cSeal » #614850

sinfulbliss wrote: 12 months is simply too long to realistically expect someone to wait to appeal. They will simply find a new game entirely, do something else, or evade, rather than wait that long. To which you may respond, "fuck 'em." That's fine, but if that's the response then don't act like a perma is a second chance.
a permaban is a chance to come back, but it entirely relies on you going out of your way to show you've improved. I don't see why we should care about people who just cant be bothered to do that, especially since we have people that do work to show that they can play on here with no issues and get their perma appealed.
► Show Spoiler
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #614851

wubli wrote:this might shock you but tgstation is not a human right
this should be adressed at the next UN general summit
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614852

sinfulbliss wrote: The funny thing about the lavaland labor camp, is that when you get stuck there for 1000 pts, it's actually much quicker to just break out and free yourself illegally than go through the legal avenue. If we take a look at the public bans page, it looks to me like 90% of it are ban evasions.

Many players are TG-players. That is, they don't like other servers. They made friends here, they play here, they don't care to play somewhere else, it's just not fun. But your appeal will be denied without a referral. Your option is to play somewhere else you don't enjoy playing for 12 months in order to get a referral that may or may not even get you unbanned in the end. And that's all supposing you are even still remotely interested in the game after 12 months away from it.

12 months is simply too long to realistically expect someone to wait to appeal. They will simply find a new game entirely, do something else, or evade, rather than wait that long. To which you may respond, "fuck 'em." That's fine, but if that's the response then don't act like a perma is a second chance.
Can someone tell me again why we have to pity people who go out of their way to make other people uncomfortable with weird sex shit
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #614853

man I only posted this 'cause I thought it was funny that he was flirting with a moth and his appeal was blocked by someone literally called mothblocks I didn't expect a serious debate on peanut policy or the validity of rape literature
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #614858

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote: The funny thing about the lavaland labor camp, is that when you get stuck there for 1000 pts, it's actually much quicker to just break out and free yourself illegally than go through the legal avenue. If we take a look at the public bans page, it looks to me like 90% of it are ban evasions.

Many players are TG-players. That is, they don't like other servers. They made friends here, they play here, they don't care to play somewhere else, it's just not fun. But your appeal will be denied without a referral. Your option is to play somewhere else you don't enjoy playing for 12 months in order to get a referral that may or may not even get you unbanned in the end. And that's all supposing you are even still remotely interested in the game after 12 months away from it.

12 months is simply too long to realistically expect someone to wait to appeal. They will simply find a new game entirely, do something else, or evade, rather than wait that long. To which you may respond, "fuck 'em." That's fine, but if that's the response then don't act like a perma is a second chance.
Can someone tell me again why we have to pity people who go out of their way to make other people uncomfortable with weird sex shit
We don't, at all. If people really, truly value everything that they've got here on TG, they'd be well served in not throwing it away over weird sex stuff, I think.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #614861

Screemonster wrote:man I only posted this 'cause I thought it was funny that he was flirting with a moth and his appeal was blocked by someone literally called mothblocks I didn't expect a serious debate on peanut policy or the validity of rape literature
its ok scree i thought your writing was funny
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #614862

sinfulbliss wrote:Also it seems a bit improper for Mothblocks to comment in the appeal thread itself. Providing logs is one thing, but providing argumentation supporting the ban is another. An appeal should be between the banning admin and the appealer. Allowing not only descriptive but evaluative commentary from other admins encourages dogpiling and makes it that much more difficult for the appealer to merit a defense.
what was he? your boyfriend?
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #614863

also can the writer of the book be permabanned too? obviously theyre the bigger problem.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #614864

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Can someone tell me again why we have to pity people who go out of their way to make other people uncomfortable with weird sex shit
dude routinely plays devil's advocate for rule 8 bans he's probably a creep himself :y
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #614866

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Can someone tell me again why we have to pity people who go out of their way to make other people uncomfortable with weird sex shit
my bet is that either him or someone else will claim that now every single sex joke will get you banned, when it's really not hard to not be a creep at someone
or to realize that your joke isn't that funny and apologize - which the dude should've done if he truly, truly didn't know about the contents of the book, instead of "playing it off as a joke" (if it's like sinful said)
i have not seen a single person being banned over rule 8 for being socially awkward and not realizing that what they're doing is fucking weird without ever having been warned for it before
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614867

wubli wrote:i have not seen a single person being banned over rule 8 for being socially awkward and not realizing that what they're doing is fucking weird without ever having been warned for it before
Remember that the social ineptitude of some internet denizens knows no bounds
► Show Spoiler
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #614868

Farquaar wrote: Remember that the social ineptitude of some internet denizens knows no bounds
i've no doubts people can still be stupid, my point is that even if you mean to do a weird sex joke, you will get warned before you get the boot (as long as it's not like, extremely weird and doesn't sound like a joke at all)
then again you will get the "umm and what does extremely weird entail?" because some people here are so self-entitled they think one is out there wanting to be harassed just a tiny bit so you can fill that ban quota
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #614869

IkeTG wrote:
dude routinely plays devil's advocate for rule 8 bans he's probably a creep himself :y
Sigma male grindset: accuse others of being creeps irl

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #614870

Farquaar wrote:
wubli wrote:i have not seen a single person being banned over rule 8 for being socially awkward and not realizing that what they're doing is fucking weird without ever having been warned for it before
Remember that the social ineptitude of some internet denizens knows no bounds
so thats what became of nyaakuza
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614871

wubli wrote:this might shock you but tgstation is not a human right
humans have no rights
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614872

NoxVS wrote:so thats what became of nyaakuza
He appealed his perma here relatively recently, actually.
► Show Spoiler
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #614874

put me in the screencap
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614875

Wublii wrote:my bet is that either him or someone else will claim that now every single sex joke will get you banned, when it's really not hard to not be a creep at someone
or to realize that your joke isn't that funny and apologize - which the dude should've done if he truly, truly didn't know about the contents of the book, instead of "playing it off as a joke" (if it's like sinful said)
I think the "playing it off as a joke" was his attempt to try to make the situation less creepy. Trust me, don't overestimate the social intelligence of some of the people that play this game. I make sex jokes now and then and never even worried about a bwoink because I know when it's funny to make one. Some people fail that and just end up sounding creepy, which is a shame, but it's not always predatory you know? Sometimes it is, to be sure, but maybe it's not.
IkeTG wrote:dude routinely plays devil's advocate for rule 8 bans he's probably a creep himself :y
Ike, 90% of your posts in this thread have been utterly indecipherable and so autistically phrased I have quite literally been unable to reply to them, so maybe work on your communication skills (and reading comprehension skills from before). You can defend someone without condoning their behavior. It's amazing how your brain is unable to absorb this fact.

You realize pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and serial killers are all assigned a lawyer? Believe it or not, no one ever accuses the defender of being a rapist, pedophile, or serial killer. Because there is a god damn separation between the arguments you make and the person you are. I already gave my motive for defending many of these if that was up for question.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #614876

sounds like the real men here are not condoning the behavior by not defending the behavior
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614877

sinfulbliss wrote:You realize pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and serial killers are all assigned a lawyer? Believe it or not, no one ever accuses the defender of being a rapist, pedophile, or serial killer.
I don't even know where to begin with this.

I don't think I've ever heard of a successful lawyer who pro bono defended someone by saying "yeah sure he murdered his wife your honour, but is murder REALLY worth a life sentence? Sure, that's the sentence most murderers get in this sort of situation, but is murder REALLY that bad?"
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #614878

Farquaar wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:You realize pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and serial killers are all assigned a lawyer? Believe it or not, no one ever accuses the defender of being a rapist, pedophile, or serial killer.
I don't even know where to begin with this.

I don't think I've ever heard of a successful lawyer who pro bono defended someone by saying "yeah sure he murdered his wife your honour, but is murder REALLY worth a life sentence? Sure, that's the sentence most murderers get in this sort of situation, but murder isn't even all that bad!"
i feel like that's pretty common actually if the evidence is really incriminating

like for example not guilty by way of insanity is a thing
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #614879

sinfulbliss wrote: You realize pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and serial killers are all assigned a lawyer? Believe it or not, no one ever accuses the defender of being a rapist, pedophile, or serial killer. Because there is a god damn separation between the arguments you make and the person you are. I already gave my motive for defending many of these if that was up for question.
The legal system as it is requires someone to represent people accused of a crime, even if its blatantly obvious that they did it... otherwise the system wouldn't work. What you're willing to argue for or against outside of a setting like that has certain implications as to your character. people don't call lawyers who defend people accused of pedophilia pedophiles because its their job to defend people no matter what, but that's pretty different from going "we should be easier on creeps" on a peanut thread
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614880

Armhulen wrote:i feel like that's pretty common actually if the evidence is really incriminating

like for example not guilty by way of insanity is a thing
It's a bit more complicated than that. In Leaf law, our Criminal Code states that "a sentence should be similar to sentences imposed on similar offenders for similar offences committed in similar circumstances;" A lawyer representing an obviously guilty murderer will not tell the Court that murder isn't all that bad. Rather, they would argue that because the client's circumstances and the precedent set out in past murder cases that were similar, their client's sentence should be reduced to be in line with said past cases.

Mental illness defences are a whole can of worms that I'm not going to open right now, but believe me, being permanently institutionalized by the state really isn't better than a prison sentence.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614881

Armhulen wrote:sounds like the real men here are not condoning the behavior by not defending the behavior
The "real men" here aren't reading half of the thread because it's 3 pages long and requires heavy longdiving to make sense of it, so they opt for nonconstructive shitposts instead. And again, I'm not defending the behavior itself.
Farquaar wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of a successful lawyer who pro bono defended someone by saying "yeah sure he murdered his wife your honour, but is murder REALLY worth a life sentence? Sure, that's the sentence most murderers get in this sort of situation, but is murder REALLY that bad?"
Because TG appeals aren't the same as a court of law lol. I simply brought up the comparison to show that this idea that the defender is also secretly condoning the behaviors of his defendant is really simpleminded.
cSeal wrote:What you're willing to argue for or against outside of a setting like that has certain implications as to your character. people don't call lawyers who defend people accused of pedophilia pedophiles because its their job to defend people no matter what, but that's pretty different from going "we should be easier on creeps" on a peanut thread
I already gave my motives for defending permabans. It's not just these two rule 8 permabans I defended, the majority of permabans I have defended haven't been Rule 8 whatsoever. What implications do you think it has for my character, Cyan? Seriously, I want you to tell me. Because I already explained my motives for defending many of these earlier.

"We should be easier on creeps."
Don't put words in my mouth. That is not my argument. My argument is that there is a high likelihood Milthy did not know the contents of the book, and if he didn't, it makes the offense significantly less creepy. It makes it more of a bad joke type of creepy, rather than a predatory "let me share this rape book with you" creepy.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #614882

sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:sounds like the real men here are not condoning the behavior by not defending the behavior
The "real men" here aren't reading half of the thread because it's 3 pages long and requires heavy longdiving to make sense of it
ok you're right about that
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614883

sinfulbliss wrote:
Farquaar wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of a successful lawyer who pro bono defended someone by saying "yeah sure he murdered his wife your honour, but is murder REALLY worth a life sentence? Sure, that's the sentence most murderers get in this sort of situation, but is murder REALLY that bad?"
Because TG appeals aren't the same as a court of law lol. I simply brought up the comparison to show that this idea that the defender is also secretly condoning the behaviors of his defendant is really simpleminded.
You are correct that TG appeals aren't a court of law. A peanut thread is a social situation where you are not paid, nor constitutionally behooved to advocate on behalf of socially retarded rulebreakers who write pedophilia smutbooks or throw necrophilia rape fics at passerby.

Maybe this might help: Imagine that you're at a party with your fellow forumites. You hear that some dude (let's call him Frank) got kicked out of the party because he wrote pedophile erotica and started showing it to random people at the party. Now imagine that somebody else at that party (let's call him Steve) said "Hey man, that's too harsh. You should let Frank back in." Your party's hosts reply saying that Frank's not welcome back until a year passes and someone else can vouch that he's not a creep anymore: very generous all things considered. Steve then responds: "Why should Frank need a voucher? Just let him back in. His behaviour wasn't that bad in the grand scheme of things."

What would you think of Steve's behaviour? Would you see it as normal? Would it raise an eyebrow?
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #614884

[youtube]sul4duD8e6U[/youtube]
Sick song check it out
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #614885

Thats whitneys bathroom btw
[this space reserved]
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614886

Farquaar wrote:Maybe this might help: Imagine that you're at a party with your fellow forumites. You hear that some dude (let's call him Frank) got kicked out of the party because he wrote pedophile erotica and started showing it to random people at the party. Now imagine that somebody else at that party (let's call him Steve) said "Hey man, that's too harsh. You should let Frank back in." Your party's hosts reply saying that Frank's not welcome back until a year passes and someone else can vouch that he's not a creep anymore: very generous all things considered. Steve then responds: "Why should Frank need a voucher? Just let him back in. His behaviour wasn't that bad in the grand scheme of things."

What would you think of Steve's behaviour? Would you see it as normal? Would it raise an eyebrow?
I'm not saying we should just let them right back in, automatic unban, wham. I'm just saying a year is too long for this specific case. The case you mention, IRL, is different too. It's a close group of friends so I'd say you're within your rights kicking them out permanently for that kind of thing.

I try to interpret the events as charitably to the appealer as possible so that all possible sides of the story could be considered. What ends up happening is it's just a mindless echo-chamber of everyone piling their own unsubstantive opinions on one after another like saying "yeah what a shitter good riddance," etc. Sometimes it's merited but sometimes mob mentality fucks people over.

And damn, how fuckin easy it is to express those opinions! Man it's so easy to just hop on the "lynch them" mentality, even if what they did wasn't perma-worthy, if wrongdoing is found anywhere in it, people just go "yup fuck that guy." Like the whole Seth appeal, where he did essentially nothing wrong except ahelp after getting murdered, but he got 30-day sec banned because he was "lying in ahelps" (which he really wasn't).

Nonetheless because everything agreed stealing clown's AA was shitter behavior, they all jumped on that bandwagon and started lynching the guy. No substance, no argumentation, just a tribal lynchmob. The most annoying part is how easy it is to be part of that. You're just playing it safe because you know you won't get any flack back and people will give you their hypothetical upvotes. You might not even have read 1/3rd of the appeal and still spout your half-thought out drivel on the peanut to jump on the bandwagon so you can be on the side of the people who were right.

Grinds my gears I tell ya.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #614887

[youtube]q3wyAzjlE9Y[/youtube]
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #614889

sinfulbliss wrote:I already gave my motives for defending permabans. It's not just these two rule 8 permabans I defended, the majority of permabans I have defended haven't been Rule 8 whatsoever. What implications do you think it has for my character, Cyan? Seriously, I want you to tell me. Because I already explained my motives for defending many of these earlier.

"We should be easier on creeps."
Don't put words in my mouth. That is not my argument. My argument is that there is a high likelihood Milthy did not know the contents of the book, and if he didn't, it makes the offense significantly less creepy. It makes it more of a bad joke type of creepy, rather than a predatory "let me share this rape book with you" creepy.
sinful its like one in the morning where i am and im too tired to formulate a coherent response explaining what i meant by my other post but i just wanna make it clear that i dont think youre a creep or a pedo and im sorry if it looked like i implied that- i disagree with you very much on a lot of things but i dont think youre malicious or something
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #614890

sinfulbliss wrote:
I try to interpret the events as charitably to the appealer as possible so that all possible sides of the story could be considered. What ends up happening is it's just a mindless echo-chamber of everyone piling their own unsubstantive opinions on one after another like saying "yeah what a shitter good riddance," etc. Sometimes it's merited but sometimes mob mentality fucks people over.

And damn, how fuckin easy it is to express those opinions! Man it's so easy to just hop on the "lynch them" mentality, even if what they did wasn't perma-worthy, if wrongdoing is found anywhere in it, people just go "yup fuck that guy." Like the whole Seth appeal, where he did essentially nothing wrong except ahelp after getting murdered, but he got 30-day sec banned because he was "lying in ahelps" (which he really wasn't).

Nonetheless because everything agreed stealing clown's AA was shitter behavior, they all jumped on that bandwagon and started lynching the guy. No substance, no argumentation, just a tribal lynchmob. The most annoying part is how easy it is to be part of that. You're just playing it safe because you know you won't get any flack back and people will give you their hypothetical upvotes. You might not even have read 1/3rd of the appeal and still spout your half-thought out drivel on the peanut to jump on the bandwagon so you can be on the side of the people who were right.

Grinds my gears I tell ya.
so freakin true brother we should ban peanut threads I agree
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #614891

I think the "playing it off as a joke" was his attempt to try to make the situation less creepy.
personally if i was trying to make a situation less creepy, i would not over the span of what i think was 10-20 minutes repeatedly try to flirt with the guy who was just recently very obviously creeped out by my actions
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614892

sinfulbliss wrote:Ike, 90% of your posts in this thread have been utterly indecipherable and so autistically phrased I have quite literally been unable to reply to them, so maybe work on your communication skills (and reading comprehension skills from before).
lmao I call you a creep and suddenly all my posts are utterly indecipherable and autistically phrased. So either you haven't been replying to my posts because you don't understand them, or because you laser-focus points to prevent me from "Hiding behind the trees." It's confusing trying to figure out which it is.

My communication skills are pretty abysmal because I tried to honestly engage with your arguments. You instead opted to whinge and strawman my arguments. All that actual effort I put into reading the peanut, then reading all your posts, and then reading any relevant rules was a waste of my time and energy. I want that time back, sinful. You fuckin owe me now!
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614893

IkeTG wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Ike, 90% of your posts in this thread have been utterly indecipherable and so autistically phrased I have quite literally been unable to reply to them, so maybe work on your communication skills (and reading comprehension skills from before).
lmao I call you a creep and suddenly all my posts are utterly indecipherable and autistically phrased. So either you haven't been replying to my posts because you don't understand them, or because you laser-focus points to prevent me from "Hiding behind the trees." It's confusing trying to figure out which it is.

My communication skills are pretty abysmal because I tried to honestly engage with your arguments. You instead opted to whinge and strawman my arguments. All that actual effort I put into reading the peanut, then reading all your posts, and then reading any relevant rules was a waste of my time and energy. I want that time back, sinful. You fuckin owe me now!
Genuinely didn't understand much of what you said, so I replied to what I did understand. But yeah calling someone a creep is generally a bad way to get someone to charitably read and respond to your posts fucko!!
Spoiler:
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #614894

sinfulbliss wrote:Genuinely didn't understand much of what you said, so I replied to what I did understand. But yeah calling someone a creep is generally a bad way to get someone to charitably read and respond to your posts fucko!!
Dude, you keep fixating on the creep thing, it can't retroactively justify your poor faith responses to my posts. It's ride or die ban lawyer time, and so far you've shown that you can't even defend yourself, let alone the guy who got banned.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #614895

sinfulbliss wrote:You realize pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and serial killers are all assigned a lawyer?
who the fuck assigned you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614900

Nice example of narcissistic rage from sinfulbliss, call him a creep for constantly involving himself in situations taking the side of people who did perverted sex stuff and he grabs his pearls and shrieks HOW DARE YOU

Dude just fucking stop posting in peanut threads and people won't think you're an absolute goonatic

Edit: editing my post cuz I'm legit mad about your behavior dude. You've taken a stand multiple times defending guys who have gone out of their way to make people feel uncomfortable and your defense for them has been "wow so excessive it was just words why do we even care about the people who ahelped its much worse to be permabanned than subjected unwilling to rape roleplay" and then you get your fucking nuts twisted up so much about people calling you a name. Its just words, you contrarian fuckwit. I unironicly think you should take a break from this community but if you disagree with me feel free to continue screeching into a void as less and less people engage with your retardation as you rack up as much space on people's ignore lists as fantasticfwoosh
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614904

I see what your gripe comes from Sinful, but you're pouring your efforts in the wrong place, since neither this nor the other bans aren't the core of the problem you perceive.

Current precedent has it so rule 8 punishment starts as permaban, with some exceptions requiring repeatedly noted behavior (which we both know an unfortunate example of).
As I said, it's most likely admins will err on the side of caution when dealing with rule 8 stuff, follow precedent to be safe, and apply perma as a starting point which, all things considered, is a reasonable move.

If you feel so strongly about this whole deal (which it looks like you do), you should really make a policy discussion for more leniency on rule 8 enforcement.

This peanut thread is the wrong place to fight for the change you want to see.

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614907

IkeTG wrote:
sinfulbliss is my friend despite his forum takes blz be nice
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #614909

Talk about beating a dead horse in here, zoinks
Hugs
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #614911

When sinfulbliss is sus!
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #614949

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Edit: editing my post cuz I'm legit mad about your behavior dude. You've taken a stand multiple times defending guys who have gone out of their way to make people feel uncomfortable and your defense for them has been "wow so excessive it was just words why do we even care about the people who ahelped its much worse to be permabanned than subjected unwilling to rape roleplay" and then you get your fucking nuts twisted up so much about people calling you a name. Its just words, you contrarian fuckwit. I unironicly think you should take a break from this community but if you disagree with me feel free to continue screeching into a void as less and less people engage with your retardation as you rack up as much space on people's ignore lists as fantasticfwoosh
Crag, you are so utterly and unapologetically full of shit it's painful to even read that post. Here's Super Aggro Crag, paragon of moral virtue, shaming me for my inappropriate behavior. You're the same fuckin' person that wrote this:
[2021-06-05 05:00:18.650] EMOTE: 05:00:18.650] EMOTE: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) farts on the moth. (Atrium (144,165,2))
[2021-06-05 05:02:35.259] EMOTE: 05:02:35.259] EMOTE: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) farts on the moth again. (Atrium (144,165,2))
[2021-06-05 05:05:19.667] EMOTE: 05:05:19.667] EMOTE: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) farts on the moth. (Medbay Central (181,83,2))
[2021-06-05 05:12:49.675] SAY: 05:12:49.675] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" (Medbay Central (176,90,2))
[2021-06-05 05:12:54.528] SAY: 05:12:54.528] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" (Medbay Storage (182,99,2))
[2021-06-05 05:13:00.470] SAY: 05:13:00.470] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" (Medbay Storage (184,101,2))
[2021-06-05 05:15:19.883] SAY: 05:15:19.883] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Medical nigger kikes don't know how to work a disposal system haha." (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (186,105,2))
[2021-06-05 05:15:29.050] SAY: 05:15:29.050] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Stupid shit eating faggots." (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (180,105,2))
[2021-06-05 05:19:31.809] SAY: 05:19:31.809] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "I wouldn't eat anything from medical, considering they are a bunch of shit-smeared homosexuals who eat the smegma out of the folds of their stunted cocks." (Atrium (146,168,2))
[2021-06-05 05:35:00.388] SAY: 05:35:00.388] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) (DEAD) "You will never be a woman, faggot." (Departure Lounge (151,49,2))
[2021-06-05 05:35:12.432] SAY: 05:35:12.432] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) (DEAD) "Suck start a shotgun." (Departure Lounge (153,49,2))
That's you, Super Aggro Crag. Honestly, I couldn't give two shits how someone like you judges my "behavior," you're a bad faith actor here to just vent your little piss baby rage you've built up over the past few months. You're malding so much you had to edit your post to tell me how much you're malding.

All I've done in these peanut threads is try to make an earnest case for good faith on the part of the appealers so that they might get another chance, I don't see why that makes you start sweating and typing super fast and shitting your pants. Take a xanax, smoke some weed, do something because your presence right now is just ugly and unproductive.
Spoiler:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #614952

owned
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #614956

Feel bad about the dogpiling in here, sinful I’ll throw you a bone and agree with you that yes, forum moderation and peanut enforcement is not perfect. Admins generally are given more leeway, and sometimes posts which shouldn’t have been deleted are. I think this is largely a product of how esoteric the rules and moderation are, which kinda sucks but then at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter. The person who was banned will always have a platform to speak, uninvolved parties will always have their platform elsewhere.

And this has probably been mentioned already but the probable reason you receive such poor responses and engagement in these threads is because it touches a nerve when you insist on defending just the absolute worst people. I’m not saying the person here is the devil or some twisted fuck, in all honesty they’re probably just someone with poor social skills, but the fact of the matter is their behavior was over the line and made a good amount of people pretty weirded out. Not to mention this is not their first time doing so. It’s unfortunate but the fact of the matter is it’s not our job to try and puzzle out why people act in such a way, just to offer them second chances - which we did. They fucked up and now we’re kicking them off the server. They can take the time to figure out what they did wrong and I’m sure down the line could appeal successfully.

You really just need to learn how to not share your opinion. I know advice from strangers on the internet is a meme but that’s probably one of the most important lessons I’ve learned in my time here, because you’re just going to end up making yourself look silly (and I still do this btw). Just choose your battles wisely man, else your opinion will lose all novelty and respect =/
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614959

sinfulbliss wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Edit: editing my post cuz I'm legit mad about your behavior dude. You've taken a stand multiple times defending guys who have gone out of their way to make people feel uncomfortable and your defense for them has been "wow so excessive it was just words why do we even care about the people who ahelped its much worse to be permabanned than subjected unwilling to rape roleplay" and then you get your fucking nuts twisted up so much about people calling you a name. Its just words, you contrarian fuckwit. I unironicly think you should take a break from this community but if you disagree with me feel free to continue screeching into a void as less and less people engage with your retardation as you rack up as much space on people's ignore lists as fantasticfwoosh
Crag, you are so utterly and unapologetically full of shit it's painful to even read that post. Here's Super Aggro Crag, paragon of moral virtue, shaming me for my inappropriate behavior. You're the same fuckin' person that wrote this:
[2021-06-05 05:00:18.650] EMOTE: 05:00:18.650] EMOTE: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) farts on the moth. (Atrium (144,165,2))
[2021-06-05 05:02:35.259] EMOTE: 05:02:35.259] EMOTE: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) farts on the moth again. (Atrium (144,165,2))
[2021-06-05 05:05:19.667] EMOTE: 05:05:19.667] EMOTE: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) farts on the moth. (Medbay Central (181,83,2))
[2021-06-05 05:12:49.675] SAY: 05:12:49.675] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" (Medbay Central (176,90,2))
[2021-06-05 05:12:54.528] SAY: 05:12:54.528] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" (Medbay Storage (182,99,2))
[2021-06-05 05:13:00.470] SAY: 05:13:00.470] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" (Medbay Storage (184,101,2))
[2021-06-05 05:15:19.883] SAY: 05:15:19.883] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Medical nigger kikes don't know how to work a disposal system haha." (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (186,105,2))
[2021-06-05 05:15:29.050] SAY: 05:15:29.050] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Stupid shit eating faggots." (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (180,105,2))
[2021-06-05 05:19:31.809] SAY: 05:19:31.809] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "I wouldn't eat anything from medical, considering they are a bunch of shit-smeared homosexuals who eat the smegma out of the folds of their stunted cocks." (Atrium (146,168,2))
[2021-06-05 05:35:00.388] SAY: 05:35:00.388] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) (DEAD) "You will never be a woman, faggot." (Departure Lounge (151,49,2))
[2021-06-05 05:35:12.432] SAY: 05:35:12.432] SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) (DEAD) "Suck start a shotgun." (Departure Lounge (153,49,2))
That's you, Super Aggro Crag. Honestly, I couldn't give two shits how someone like you judges my "behavior," you're a bad faith actor here to just vent your little piss baby rage you've built up over the past few months. You're malding so much you had to edit your post to tell me how much you're malding.

All I've done in these peanut threads is try to make an earnest case for good faith on the part of the appealers so that they might get another chance, I don't see why that makes you start sweating and typing super fast and shitting your pants. Take a xanax, smoke some weed, do something because your presence right now is just ugly and unproductive.
your presence is ugly and unproductive just like your fucking impotent bent dick, you fucking stupid cocksucker. I am literally trying to help you from developing a reputation of being an Absolutely Gormless Shiteating Retard, but apparently you want to wear that fucking appellation with pride. Do you want to know what the difference is between me getting banned and the fucking dentskull necrophile you're taking a stand for? I admitted what I did was in the wrong and I apologized to people and talked to the fucking admins about it instead of fucking lying in my appeal. Milthy hasn't fucking posted since he got called out on his lie so there's three fucking options here. I know your brain has been rotted out from fecal bacteria since you have your skull lodged so fucking deeply into your colon but let me run them down for you in case you can't fucking figure them out.

[list]1.MILTHY WILL APPEAL ELIGIBLE TO APPEAL HIS BAN IN A YEAR. HE WILL TRY TO BE A GOOD BOY ON ANOTHER SERVER TO GET A NICE VOUCHER AND BE LET BACK IN WITH OPEN ARMS SO YOUR CONSTANT DEFENSE OF HIM IN A SITUATION YOU HAD NO INVOLVEMENT IN MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A CRAZY PERSON
2. MILTHY DOESN'T REALLY CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT BEING BANNED AND WON'T PLAY HERE ANYMORE SO YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A CRAZY PERSON FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER AND JUST MAKING EVERYONE WISH YOU'D COP A FUCKING FORUM BAN AND STOP SHITTING UP EVERY PEANUT THREAD WHENEVER SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY RETARDED
3. THE MOST LIKELY OPTION: MILTHY WILL JUST FUCKING BAN EVADE AND GET CAUGHT AND MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE EVEN MORE OF A FUCKING MONGOLOID FUCK FENCE FOR SAYING HE A GOOD BOY WHO DINDU NOTHIN AND IT WAS ALL A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING[/list]

Sinfulbluss, you're a fucking plank. Keep fucking seething and shitting yourself every time a pedophile rapist necrophile klansmen gets told to knock it off and I'm sure you'll finally gain the fucking accolades you deserve and pass the Internet Forum Appeal Bar Exam. I'd tell you to eat shit and die, but I don't want milthy to get horny again, so eat shit and live forever.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #614960

I'm calling for hitler penguin to live up to his reputation again and locking this dumpster fire of a peanut thread before a fucking riot breaks out here.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #614962

BONERMASTER wrote:I'm calling for hitler penguin to live up to his reputation again and locking this dumpster fire of a peanut thread before a fucking riot breaks out here.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
I'll do it for you.

The parent thread is functionally closed and the headmins are mostly just waiting on the soon-to-be handover to officially resolve it in one way or another.