Breaking the Tram on Tramstation IS AGAINST THE RULES YOU IDIOTS

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Breaking the Tram on Tramstation IS AGAINST THE RULES YOU IDIOTS

Post by Kendrickorium » #615333

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29946

manuelmin funpolice strikes again

wanna also add that I have ADVOCATED
AS THE CAPTAIN
MULTIPLE TIMES
FOR MONTHS NOW

for the tram to be fucking destroyed
honestly HONESTLY if you cant blow up the tram for fun then get rid of the entire fucking map already

FREE OUR BOY.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: Breaking the Tram on Tramstation IS AGAINST THE RULES YOU IDIOTS

Post by ArcaneDefence » #615531

Kendrickorium wrote: I have seen the tram destroyed on purpose countless times now and not one NOT ONE PERSON said "OH NO A NONANTAG BLEW UP THE TRAM, SOMEONE AHELP HIM, THIS IS CLEARLY GRIEFING
I wanted to play as a tram operator and play music while being a goofball and I got blown up, my clothes disintegrating as a plasmeme, and burning to ash when drug to medbay over it.
I've been round removed over people being "tram bad unga"

Clearly you pay fuck all attention to these things if you've never even heard someone think it's obnoxious as shit for someone to blow up a central part of the station
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #615532

NoxVS wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
IkeTG wrote:dying extremely violently cause you decided not to wait four seconds for a tram to pass is peak ss13 idk how this is a bad thing
Once it started passing it was too late. The driver timed it perfectly. If you jump in front of it and you have high mood you can always easily outspeed it since it's super slow.
look at this clown in his own peanut thread
get out nerd
You're right actually OK I'm gone.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #615533

and for the sake of consistency and fairness
Dankasaur wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Log:
22:42:46: Ticket Opened by-tramstationtram: Ay yo this dude antag? He just blew me up. I didnt even say anything to him or anything
22:42:55: Reply from-tgadmin: idk ill ban him one sec
22:43:11: Reply from-tramstationtram: Thx
22:44:04: Resolved by tgadmin
Yeah sounds about right
look at this clown in his own peanut thread
get out nerd
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #615535

Kendrickorium wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:shut the fuck up with your server wars drama dipshit wahh wahhh the biggest bad take dipshit on the forum got a note for blowing a bunch of shit up and is crying about it if only he got noted for raping a corpse then maybe he'd get more invested in defending himself
do you even play the game
The defense of the servershitter. "Y-Y-YOU DONT REALLY PLAY BECAUSE I-I-I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU ON *MY* SERVER"

Pisshead
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #615536

sinfulbliss wrote:
Vekter wrote: Is there genuinely any situation where the tram can kill you if you're not on the tracks
Yes.
Spoiler:
[youtube]l7vEZ7Pn-oQ[/youtube]
The poor detective's body was also hidden behind firelocks so completely invisible to anyone without huds.
Then that should be reported and we should do something to improve the tram code. Have you reported this issue to a mapper? Could probably have the tram make a sound before moving so you don't walk in front of it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #615537

Misdoubtful wrote:
What's the point of being on a giant paranoia ridden metal deathtrap in space if it doesn't feel like you might actually die to anything and everything at any point? That vent over there? Something might crawl out and kill you. That monkey? It might push you into disposals and space you (lmao get owned). The giant moving platform covered in warning labels and viscera? Wow this place sucks I might die here.
this is a cringe description of the game that hasn't been accurate since at least I started playing, and if all maps were actually by design "paranoia ridden metal deathtraps in space" I very strongly believe that we'd heavily lose pop because hey guess what, dying to a random environmental hazard is a million times less fun than, yknow, interacting with people in this game where you're supposed to be interacting with people. I love dying, I love dying in funny or interesting or creative ways, getting hit by the tram for the brillionth time is not funny or interesting to me (if I wanted that shit id play interactive buddy lol)- and its fine if you disagree, but I'm sick of people acting like it isn't just a difference in taste or that they're somehow mentally superior for enjoying the game in a different way, its condescending as fuck and annoying to see
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #615539

Vekter wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Vekter wrote: Is there genuinely any situation where the tram can kill you if you're not on the tracks
Yes.
Spoiler:
[youtube]l7vEZ7Pn-oQ[/youtube]
The poor detective's body was also hidden behind firelocks so completely invisible to anyone without huds.
Then that should be reported and we should do something to improve the tram code. Have you reported this issue to a mapper? Could probably have the tram make a sound before moving so you don't walk in front of it.
the map was griefed already by floor being built, usually you get hit once and fall to the lower zlevel
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #615540

cSeal wrote:and its fine if you disagree, but I'm sick of people acting like it isn't just a difference in taste or that they're somehow mentally superior for enjoying the game in a different way, its condescending as fuck and annoying to see
how the FUCK did you get that out of his post
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #615541

IkeTG wrote:
cSeal wrote:and its fine if you disagree, but I'm sick of people acting like it isn't just a difference in taste or that they're somehow mentally superior for enjoying the game in a different way, its condescending as fuck and annoying to see
how the FUCK did you get that out of his post
i kinda lost the plot near the end and started ranting about the stuff i see in other places my b
► Show Spoiler
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #615542

yea that's fair, I get what you're rantin' about
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #615543

cSeal wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
What's the point of being on a giant paranoia ridden metal deathtrap in space if it doesn't feel like you might actually die to anything and everything at any point? That vent over there? Something might crawl out and kill you. That monkey? It might push you into disposals and space you (lmao get owned). The giant moving platform covered in warning labels and viscera? Wow this place sucks I might die here.
this is a cringe description of the game that hasn't been accurate since at least I started playing, and if all maps were actually by design "paranoia ridden metal deathtraps in space" I very strongly believe that we'd heavily lose pop because hey guess what, dying to a random environmental hazard is a million times less fun than, yknow, interacting with people in this game where you're supposed to be interacting with people. I love dying, I love dying in funny or interesting or creative ways, getting hit by the tram for the brillionth time is not funny or interesting to me (if I wanted that shit id play interactive buddy lol)- and its fine if you disagree, but I'm sick of people acting like it isn't just a difference in taste or that they're somehow mentally superior for enjoying the game in a different way, its condescending as fuck and annoying to see
I'm really confused now
Hugs
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #615544

Misdoubtful wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
I'm really confused now
cSeal wrote: i kinda lost the plot near the end and started ranting about the stuff i see in other places my b
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #615545

cSeal wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
lol ur bad just dont get hit by the object that moves left and right on request ha ha ha
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #615546

cSeal wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
I'm really confused now
cSeal wrote: i kinda lost the plot near the end and started ranting about the stuff i see in other places my b
Its okay have this:
Spoiler:
Hugs
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #615547

maybe we could meet halfway with removing some snoozer maps and adding more gimmick maps

we have:
meta
big meta
controversial meta
icebox
tramstation

SURELY you only need one meta
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #615548

Misdoubtful wrote:
Its okay have this:
Spoiler:
what a lovely blue lad
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #615549

Armhulen wrote:maybe we could meet halfway with removing some snoozer maps and adding more gimmick maps

we have:
meta
big meta
controversial meta
icebox
tramstation

when will we merge towerstation that was truly the only good gimmick map
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #615550

cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:maybe we could meet halfway with removing some snoozer maps and adding more gimmick maps

we have:
meta
big meta
controversial meta
icebox
tramstation

god that was such a funny handful of rounds. shipstation too, really had some soul to it.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #615551

cSeal wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Its okay have this:
Spoiler:
what a lovely blue lad
You are right though maybe its just rose tinted glasses when it comes to how deathtrap things are now compared to how they were. I can dream though.
Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:

we have:
meta
big meta
controversial meta
icebox
tramstation

god that was such a funny handful of rounds. shipstation too, really had some soul to it.
Love me some shipstation.
Hugs
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #615552

actually thinking about it; what really defines a gimmick map? just anything that significantly varies from meta in a way other than size? something that has unique mechanics? I don't consider icebox "gimmicky" but it's unique compared to the other stations for sure
► Show Spoiler
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #615553

cSeal wrote:actually thinking about it; what really defines a gimmick map? just anything that significantly varies from meta in a way other than size? something that has unique mechanics? I don't consider icebox "gimmicky" but it's unique compared to the other stations for sure
Probably just any map that has a special feature that others don't. Transit tubes all around the outside of a station could be considered a gimmick. A prison fighting ring with the bar a z-level above it and some glass flooring would be one too.

Or it could just be way more involved idk.
Hugs
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #615554

we have:
meta
big meta
controversial meta
icebox
tramstation

Maybe if we actually got new maps we could do stuff like this...
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #615559

Mothblocks wrote:make the station longer, make the tram faster--the two changes ive been asking for but dont have the mapping patience to do
Tram is already a clusterfuck to navigate, making it longer only exasperates the problems with the station as is. It's not even explicitly that the tram itself is both suicidal to use and genuinely unhelpful at best, but that the entire station at large is designed like a series of cubes connected by ant tunnels. Most departments are just a big square with shit shoved into it, and there is little decent connectivity between the departments through alternative routes that doesn't force you into the labyrinth that is the utterly empty maint tunnels with no light or space access whatsoever. It looks horrid and it feels like it was designed 10 years ago. Gimmick stations don't mean shit when the station itself is regressive in layout design. Only the underpass is particularly interesting aesthetically, but it's extremely underutilized dead space and just move giant cubes.

To put this in more useful terms, the tram seems to be the only thing this station had going for it and the design of the entirety of the rest of the station feels immensely like an afterthought. If the station at large got the love that the tram got when it came to trying to implement it, it could be better. But as it stands it feels like a massive hackjob.
Last edited by NecromancerAnne on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #615560

is it really that surprising that the non-tram routes of tramstation are intentionally less convenient and straightforward to use
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #615561

Inconvenient station design focused around an even larger inconvenient navigation method that only a small number of people can use at a given time and have fight over doesn't equal good gameplay. It's just movement bottlenecking for a decent chunk of the station trying to get where they need to go, which is a whole lot of just idling in place. I'd fucking blow up that tram too if it meant I would have a clean walkway to every department, and I'm seeing sometimes people just tunnelling through the bloody asteroid rather than deal with the fucking tram and the rest of the station layout.

Again, so much of that station doesn't feel like deliberate design choices. It feels like the gimmick came first, and everything else was just slapped together around it and then it was called a day.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #615562

oranges wrote:bold attempt potatoe, but bonermaster can't read, he just posts on repeat the thing his mom transcribes for him
Thanks, but you don't have to project your mommy issues on me. You should get some more rest for your hands, instead of blatantly triangulating against a user bravely calling out his observations for the sake of the people.

TheFinalPotato wrote:Man mothblocks is an admin, there was a whole song and dance about this like a week ago.
If they are more interested in being an admin and interfering with their business than actually improving the game, then perhaps their title should reflect that.

Besides, from the FNR Guidelines:

"THE PEANUT POLICY:

[...]
This would allow players who are invested in the rules, have the experience, and can conduct themselves well to advocate in threads. Reminder that this applies to uninvolved admins except Headmins.
"

Being an admin does not permit them to harass users and conduct themselves in the manner that they do, and it is expressevily stated so in the guidelines. So, once again, if they have no business in an appeal, which they don't because they're maybe an admin and supposedly a coder, but not a headmin, then they should not be allowed to trample on user's rights and harass them like they own this server.

Besides, removing a part of the station on a, by all reasonable accounts, perceived "griefy" map, does not warrant a server rule violation in this instance. So to tie up all the layers of wrong that you are on to a conclusion, if you don't like me stating obvious observations and pointing out flagrant rule violations, then put me on ignore and live in your own echo-chamber, because frankly, if you insist on insulting me and clearly struggling to accept the very basic reality of what you see in front of you, then I'd rather not engage with you until you've grown up.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #615563

BONERMASTER wrote:Besides, removing a part of the station on a, by all reasonable accounts, perceived "griefy" map, does not warrant a server rule violation in this instance.
you're literally wrong, it's only not a rules violation if it's funny. Sinful wasn't doing it as a joke, so he got banned. If you have a problem with that, it's your job figure out how to live with it
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #615568

IkeTG wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Besides, removing a part of the station on a, by all reasonable accounts, perceived "griefy" map, does not warrant a server rule violation in this instance.
you're literally wrong, it's only not a rules violation if it's funny. Sinful wasn't doing it as a joke, so he got banned. If you have a problem with that, it's your job figure out how to live with it
Please give me a detailed list of arguments of why it wasn't funny to blow up the tram with a forcefield wall.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615574

NecromancerAnne wrote:
Mothblocks wrote:make the station longer, make the tram faster--the two changes ive been asking for but dont have the mapping patience to do
Tram is already a clusterfuck to navigate, making it longer only exasperates the problems with the station as is. It's not even explicitly that the tram itself is both suicidal to use and genuinely unhelpful at best, but that the entire station at large is designed like a series of cubes connected by ant tunnels. Most departments are just a big square with shit shoved into it, and there is little decent connectivity between the departments through alternative routes that doesn't force you into the labyrinth that is the utterly empty maint tunnels with no light or space access whatsoever. It looks horrid and it feels like it was designed 10 years ago. Gimmick stations don't mean shit when the station itself is regressive in layout design. Only the underpass is particularly interesting aesthetically, but it's extremely underutilized dead space and just move giant cubes.

To put this in more useful terms, the tram seems to be the only thing this station had going for it and the design of the entirety of the rest of the station feels immensely like an afterthought. If the station at large got the love that the tram got when it came to trying to implement it, it could be better. But as it stands it feels like a massive hackjob.
NecromancerAnne wrote:Inconvenient station design focused around an even larger inconvenient navigation method that only a small number of people can use at a given time and have fight over doesn't equal good gameplay. It's just movement bottlenecking for a decent chunk of the station trying to get where they need to go, which is a whole lot of just idling in place. I'd fucking blow up that tram too if it meant I would have a clean walkway to every department, and I'm seeing sometimes people just tunnelling through the bloody asteroid rather than deal with the fucking tram and the rest of the station layout.

Again, so much of that station doesn't feel like deliberate design choices. It feels like the gimmick came first, and everything else was just slapped together around it and then it was called a day.
Anne spitting facts.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #615575

meta mains seething because they aren't playing another meta clone

tram chads just keep WINNING
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615577

MMMiracles wrote:meta mains seething because they aren't playing another meta clone

Stop lying to yourself, you know I was a Donut enjoyer.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #615578

I don't see anything wrong with breaking the station tram on lowpop because you dont wanna deal with its gimmick of being dangerous, slower than a corridor, and janky.

I like tramstation because the tram is hilarious when it kills people, but i can certainly sympathise with people who just want it gone now and then
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #615596

Nice rapid response from the headmins!

Precedent is now set, I can ban people for breaking tram
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #615597

Sinfulbliss got owned lmao
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615598

Welp, battle might be lost but not the war. Chad side-hallway builders, rise up.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #615601

Agux909 wrote:Welp, battle might be lost but not the war. Chad side-hallway builders, rise up.
a map that encourages helpful engineering projects?

tram chads literally can't stop winning!

seriously though half of the point of those side EVA walkways was to give engineering a side project to properly pressurize them for walking
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #615605

NecromancerAnne wrote:Inconvenient station design focused around an even larger inconvenient navigation method that only a small number of people can use at a given time and have fight over doesn't equal good gameplay. It's just movement bottlenecking for a decent chunk of the station trying to get where they need to go, which is a whole lot of just idling in place. I'd fucking blow up that tram too if it meant I would have a clean walkway to every department, and I'm seeing sometimes people just tunnelling through the bloody asteroid rather than deal with the fucking tram and the rest of the station layout.

>It feels like the gimmick came first, and everything else was just slapped together around it and then it was called a day.

thats exactly what happened though.

I remember them testing a "tram" on meta/delta awhile ago a couple times then someone slapped together a map and now a well known community member receives a bullshit note because MUH TRAM IS CRITICAL TO THE MAP

the tram is a fucking meme and people dont want to deal with it

BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #615608

That decision does not fill me with optimism. I hope that this was just a one-time oof, and the other cases will be properly handled.

On the other hand, it does not have to stop here. We can still take it to policy and get a poll going to remove tram from the rotation. No tram, no precedent to use to ban you.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #615610

cope, seethe, ect

[youtube]ETfiUYij5UE[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #615611

Dankasaur wrote:This just proves it.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #615613

"i dont like tram"
"Ok"
"Im going to fuck with tram because i dont like it"
"Dont"
"THE NEW AGE OF TYRANNY HAS BEGUN RECALL THE HEADMINS REEEE"
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #615616

Kendrickorium wrote:

>It feels like the gimmick came first, and everything else was just slapped together around it and then it was called a day.

thats exactly what happened though.

I remember them testing a "tram" on meta/delta awhile ago a couple times then someone slapped together a map and now a well known community member receives a bullshit note because MUH TRAM IS CRITICAL TO THE MAP

the tram is a fucking meme and people dont want to deal with it

Cope
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #615618

port the space elevator map from vorestation or citadel or whatever

the one that has a 4x4 elevator as the only means of getting between the space half and the ground half
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615619

Screemonster wrote:port the space elevator map from vorestation or citadel or whatever

the one that has a 4x4 elevator as the only means of getting between the space half and the ground half
>plays on vorestation
:( :( :( :( :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :c4: :beer: :whiskey:
Living God

Extraordinary Person

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #615620

I think tramstations (current) issue is that it does a poor job at solving the issues it intentionally creates. Like yeah, normal navigation is a chore and tram is the best away around but... it’s kind of not that good? Depending on pop there’s a good chance you’ll have to wait until it arrives to your destination, and even then you have to juggle other people’s desired stops. On top of this tram is still a buggy mess, and prone to breaking. I really feel as if it’s no wonder people become frustrated with this map, because pretty much all of our other maps experience very dynamic flow and traffic whereas tram constrains it to a single passageway.

As others said, I think it could be improved by spacing departments out more, but having actual passages between them, both public and maintenance. Speed would probably help in this regard, although I worry that might make it even more buggy. It might be interesting to have two adjacent trams in the center, as well as maybe a visual warning if one is coming. Or perhaps even add two additional tram runs on the north and south sides of the station, to improve connectivity.
Last edited by wesoda25 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[this space reserved]
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #615621

honestly making a hole in the station and going through it is safer than the tram
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #615623

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Screemonster wrote:port the space elevator map from vorestation or citadel or whatever

>plays on vorestation
:( :( :( :( :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :revolver: :c4: :beer: :whiskey:
Vorestation Administrator⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 22-14-46 295099-Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 09 44 15 png (PNG Image, 1278 × 633 pixels).png
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #615626

BONERMASTER wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
Please give me a detailed list of arguments of why it wasn't funny to blow up the tram with a forcefield wall.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
you will only find it funny after the fact to serve an argument because you small brained weaklings use backwards logic to justify everything
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #615627

wesoda25 wrote:I think tramstations (current) issue is that it does a poor job at solving the issues it intentionally creates. Like yeah, normal navigation is a chore and tram is the best away around but... it’s kind of not that good? Depending on pop there’s a good chance you’ll have to wait until it arrives to your destination, and even then you have to juggle other people’s desired stops. On top of this tram is still a buggy mess, and prone to breaking. I really feel as if it’s no wonder people become frustrated with this map, because pretty much all of our other maps experience very dynamic flow and traffic whereas tram constrains it to a single passageway.

As others said, I think it could be improved by spacing departments out more, but having actual passages between them, both public and maintenance. Speed would probably help in this regard, although I worry that might make it even more buggy. It might be interesting to have two adjacent trams in the center, as well as maybe a visual warning if one is coming. Or perhaps even add two additional tram runs on the north and south sides of the station, to improve connectivity.
What kind of tram bugs/breaking we talking here? I've have no actual reports of the tram breaking since the actual main fix was merged months ago. If this kind of stuff is happening people need to be opening an issue report on the matter.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #615635

MMMiracles wrote:meta mains seething because they aren't playing another meta clone

so true
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #615636

oranges wrote:

so true
*kiss*