Every god damn site is losing their information out here

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Every god damn site is losing their information out here

Post by BONERMASTER » #616149

first facebook and their entire social media gigs, and now twitch as well? Even their passwords? come ON! Do I really have to use encrypted hieroglyph passwords for every site I use, because they can't stop themselves from having a leak? I am about to SUE these motherfuckers! Pisses me off!!!

With pissed regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Every god damn site is losing their information out here

Post by Cobby » #616165

no just use a sentence like for twitter "BirdsGoChirp" or something, longer is better :smug:

If a site doesnt have good security it doesnt really matter how poggers your password is, just that you're not using it elsewhere
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #616177

use a password manager that generates them
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #616179

imagine having weak passwords in the year of our lord and savior + 2021
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #616192

But it's not about that! If they literally hack the site itself, they have the password. But I have the passwords I really like, that I can easily remember, and now they're all leaking out left and right and I can't use them no more! Why can't we have nice things?? And no I'm not going to put my passwords into the hands of an unknown program to let them "manage" them for me, first of all I want to remain autonomous and not be depending on some freak software that just might be a blatant trojan and rip me off, second I'm not that old that I can't figure out what the password is, I'm not in that stage yet, I can deal with it.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #616196

Cobby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 pm no just use a sentence like for twitter "BirdsGoChirp" or something, longer is better :smug:

If a site doesnt have good security it doesnt really matter how poggers your password is, just that you're not using it elsewhere
If the account holds something really sensitive that you can't risk someone else getting into (for most people this is just banking) then this isn't the case, you do still want a strong password. I watched this youtube video on it today so basically I'm an expert on this topic
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #616357

The Russians are becoming too powerful
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #616361

Well, as far as twitch is concerned, they didn't leak any passwords or user data apparently. Seems like they specifically targetted the company itself, and were more interested in causing them financial damage as well as revealing their hidden projects. Must have been an insider for sure, no way that even the russians would get access to the source code itself. But just who would be high enough in the hiearchy pyramid to have access to all this and still be pissed enough to go through with it AND be able to cover their tracks at the same time?

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #616430

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:03 pm Well, as far as twitch is concerned, they didn't leak any passwords or user data apparently. Seems like they specifically targetted the company itself, and were more interested in causing them financial damage as well as revealing their hidden projects. Must have been an insider for sure, no way that even the russians would get access to the source code itself. But just who would be high enough in the hiearchy pyramid to have access to all this and still be pissed enough to go through with it AND be able to cover their tracks at the same time?

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
John Gupta
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #616527

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:04 pm
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:03 pm Well, as far as twitch is concerned, they didn't leak any passwords or user data apparently. Seems like they specifically targetted the company itself, and were more interested in causing them financial damage as well as revealing their hidden projects. Must have been an insider for sure, no way that even the russians would get access to the source code itself. But just who would be high enough in the hiearchy pyramid to have access to all this and still be pissed enough to go through with it AND be able to cover their tracks at the same time?

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
John Gupta
be quiet
Living God

Extraordinary Person