know why the hut worked so well for conversation?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

know why the hut worked so well for conversation?

Post by BONERMASTER » #616896

Because we had no filter in there. You could literally just use a hammer and make a forum post with it, and by everyone else just turning off the filter, we had our conversation starter and we went somewhere, alright.
So what you see now, is what happens if you insist on having a standard on a forum with virtually no substance. You go around locking and merging threads that don't have an immediate purpose, and now the only thing that gets reliable traction are peanut threads, and maybe the odd thread with the absolute minimum action treshold.

Our variety is absolutely dreadful. The only thing we seem to want to talk about, is talking trash on ban appeals. This has got to change, or else this forum is just plainly not worth sticking around for anymore. Bring back the hut, or change something to make off-topic more like it, and we'll get some more life in here. Otherwise, what are we even doing here? I was having a good time when the hut was up, I think most people had a good time, and now it's just all work and no play, it just does not feel fun to post anything in here anymore. This has got to change, and you will agree, we want the excitement from the chaos and madness of our space station game to also translate into the forum, and go with it, and not this dodgy peanut-poster club that just waits for the next weak appeal, like doves waiting to get fed by an irresponsible old lady.

With concerned regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: know why the hut worked so well for conversation?

Post by Misdoubtful » #616898

I could certainly stand to start more interesting threads. In fact, I don't think I've started a single one (I just checked I only started one).

The forums are a bit of a graveyard but that begs the question: what do they offer and what do they offer better than Discord does?

I'm actually almost interested enough to take a field trip through the forums for all the other spaceman servers.
Hugs
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #616901

Well, they offer conversational continuity past the last 5 minutes if theres a topic people are actually interested in for a start. That's a good thing and occasionally a bad thing.

They also put themselves better to more structured thought out posts, but that's also a downside because it encourages big conceited rants.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616904

Misdoubtful wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 pm The forums are a bit of a graveyard but that begs the question: what do they offer and what do they offer better than Discord does?
better long-term archival and a separation from the fast-paced discord, which leads to more nuanced and thought out discussion.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #616906

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pm Because we had no filter in there. You could literally just use a hammer and make a forum post with it, and by everyone else just turning off the filter, we had our conversation starter and we went somewhere, alright.
So what you see now, is what happens if you insist on having a standard on a forum with virtually no substance. You go around locking and merging threads that don't have an immediate purpose, and now the only thing that gets reliable traction are peanut threads, and maybe the odd thread with the absolute minimum action treshold.
I fundamentally disagree that it worked well for conversation. It gave the guise of a consequence-free board that in fact was not consequence-free, leading to people posting downright hateful and vitriolic things, spamming, and making """"ironic"""" posts that do all of the above under a flimsy veil. Off topic was never meant to replace the hut, though you can have conversation here; before we were overtaken by schizophrenics, topics like watercooler chat had consistent, pleasant conversation in them. Maybe consider if the things that you want to talk about are worth talking about, or if your thoughts are worth posting an entirely new thread for rather than an existing one, as new threads fragment conversation and make it harder to hold one. Threads without an immediate purpose amplify this issue severely, so if your complaint is that a conversation can't be reliably held here, you should be in favor of removing them.

And by the way, I agree that constant peanut threads discussing ban appeals are lame as fuck. I see that you're burning out on them now too, but guess what the most popular hut threads were towards its end? Also peanut threads. In-between topics were one-post mundane garbage like "lol funny animal" or some other shit that also is not "conversation" as you would put it. If you want that kind of thing, I'm fairly certain the discord has a shitposting channel where you can spam away and be ignored without wasting space on a static board like this one.

Basically, you're clear on what you want here, but you seem confused as to why you don't have it and are misattributing the actions of moderation for it. If you want me to go fully hands off, you can expect a board flooded full of even more garbage with even less discussion and a continuous stream of worthless peanut threads, the antithesis of your desires.

With concerns regarding you sucking my penis,
- PKPenguin
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #616920

Discord sucks
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #616921

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pmThis has got to change, or else this forum is just plainly not worth sticking around for anymore.
please, go
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #616922

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pm This has got to change, or else this forum is just plainly not worth sticking around for anymore.
so you want a video game forum to broaden their conversational topics for your personal entertainment? why not find a better suited community for what you want...?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #616928

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 pm
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pm Because we had no filter in there. You could literally just use a hammer and make a forum post with it, and by everyone else just turning off the filter, we had our conversation starter and we went somewhere, alright.
I fundamentally disagree that it worked well for conversation. It gave the guise of a consequence-free board that in fact was not consequence-free, leading to people posting downright hateful and vitriolic things, spamming, and making """"ironic"""" posts that do all of the above under a flimsy veil. Off topic was never meant to replace the hut, though you can have conversation here; before we were overtaken by schizophrenics, topics like watercooler chat had consistent, pleasant conversation in them. Maybe consider if the things that you want to talk about are worth talking about, or if your thoughts are worth posting an entirely new thread for rather than an existing one, as new threads fragment conversation and make it harder to hold one. Threads without an immediate purpose amplify this issue severely, so if your complaint is that a conversation can't be reliably held here, you should be in favor of removing them.

And by the way, I agree that constant peanut threads discussing ban appeals are lame as fuck. I see that you're burning out on them now too, but guess what the most popular hut threads were towards its end? Also peanut threads. In-between topics were one-post mundane garbage like "lol funny animal" or some other shit that also is not "conversation" as you would put it. If you want that kind of thing, I'm fairly certain the discord has a shitposting channel where you can spam away and be ignored without wasting space on a static board like this one.

Basically, you're clear on what you want here, but you seem confused as to why you don't have it and are misattributing the actions of moderation for it. If you want me to go fully hands off, you can expect a board flooded full of even more garbage with even less discussion and a continuous stream of worthless peanut threads, the antithesis of your desires.

With concerns regarding you sucking my penis,
- PKPenguin
hi pkpenguin
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #616931

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pm some shit idk
the hut didn't work for conversation it worked for shitposting
it was good because threads were temporary and people could post the dumbest fuckin takes (of which i had many) and only people who actually used the forums would see it
it was perfect for peanut threads because after the ban/note appeal was all said and done the thread would die and everyone would have said their peace and it didn't clog up the whole board because it would disappear in a couple days

for the most part what happened in the hut stayed in the hut and few cared to bring hut drama to the greater forums (those who did were shitters), it was the best example of a containment board i've seen on any forum
that being said, any forum that needs a containment board to keep people from derailing everything else just kinda has a shitty userbase
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #616940

Yeah, you convinced me a long time ago this place would be a lot more fun and active if we brought back the dedicated shitpost board.

This place is not that active nowadays and it makes things worse when posts and entire threads are deleted by moderators who expect higher quality contributions when a lot of the regular posters (I guess the "schizophrenics" PKPenguin's referring to, which is bigoted) are too lazy or disinterested to provide them.

I used to enjoy the forum more before the Discord for threads like Little Things You've Learned that Can Be Game Changing and other ones I don't remember but for things like giving tips or recounting interesting rounds or sharing screenshots or discussing other games or even other interests like TV shows but it seems like the Discord has largely rendered these types of threads redundant. Which is a shame, especially if you don't like Discord as I personally don't.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #616946

Im not a big fan of big discord servers cuz people constantly change their names and avatars and talk so much its hard to keep track. Its also full of contentless shit posting like people all posting the same animated gif of a cat or a lizard in sequence or enterung a conversation to say "lizard" or "trans rights" or "amogus"
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #616949

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:47 pm Im not a big fan of big discord servers cuz people constantly change their names
This is one of the many reasons why Discord is the worst.

I remember one time I had a question about a game on this one server, and a bunch of people there said "message X, he'll help you". So I shoot a PM to X and he says "Oh sorry, I'm not X. I just changed my name to his for laughs. His name is actually Y right now".

Bruh
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #616951

Yes.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #616955

Yeah exactly, you can put out a thought here and hold it for a few days. On discord, you can't even hold one for a single minute. Plus, all the constant name and avatar swaps are impossible to keep ontop of if you don't go into posting-uberdrive there, and as you guys have said, a big portion of discord is just posting gifs and videos, and I don't need to piss into the culture that the people there prefer, I'm merely advocating that we get BACK what we had, so we have our own culture circle, and they keep theirs.

The thing that made the hut so great is not compatible with discord. And by the way, I haven't thrown any punches, but if you're just going to hit me with "suck dick" for this completely normal post I made, I'll just tell you to 1. Grow out of puberty first and 2. find a girlfriend that does it for a price that you can afford. Until then, don't even start with this garbage, I'm a person too and I got other things to put up with, let's just stay on a level playing field here, alright?

I think in particular, it was the threads automatically deleting themselves that defined the hut the most. Admins always talk about the lack of rules there, which I don't think are necessary to have a good hut. I think it can do with a minimalistic ruleset that bars the most extreme of vitriol and other equally unpleasant things. But as long as this mechanic is in place, you will always have the most active threads on top, threads that lose interest are slowly consumed by time, and much like thoughts that one possesses, it empowers you to just throw them out there, see what people think, and once everyone has moved on, it will disappear and make room for a new one. I want this specific thing again, more than anything else, and I think it will do wonders to kick up engagement here again.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #616957

all boards should delete any thread older than a few months, who wants to archive all that past cringe.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #616958

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:03 pm Yeah exactly, you can put out a thought here and hold it for a few days. On discord, you can't even hold one for a single minute. Plus, all the constant name and avatar swaps are impossible to keep ontop of if you don't go into posting-uberdrive there, and as you guys have said, a big portion of discord is just posting gifs and videos, and I don't need to piss into the culture that the people there prefer, I'm merely advocating that we get BACK what we had, so we have our own culture circle, and they keep theirs.

The thing that made the hut so great is not compatible with discord. And by the way, I haven't thrown any punches, but if you're just going to hit me with "suck dick" for this completely normal post I made, I'll just tell you to 1. Grow out of puberty first and 2. find a girlfriend that does it for a price that you can afford. Until then, don't even start with this garbage, I'm a person too and I got other things to put up with, let's just stay on a level playing field here, alright?

I think in particular, it was the threads automatically deleting themselves that defined the hut the most. Admins always talk about the lack of rules there, which I don't think are necessary to have a good hut. I think it can do with a minimalistic ruleset that bars the most extreme of vitriol and other equally unpleasant things. But as long as this mechanic is in place, you will always have the most active threads on top, threads that lose interest are slowly consumed by time, and much like thoughts that one possesses, it empowers you to just throw them out there, see what people think, and once everyone has moved on, it will disappear and make room for a new one. I want this specific thing again, more than anything else, and I think it will do wonders to kick up engagement here again.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
discord is where you actually talk to people and build relationships with more substance than just epic dunking people on the forums or arguing about the video game

i didnt even read your post past the first two sentences what conversational peaks we attain here on phpbb
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #616959

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:03 pm I want this specific thing again, more than anything else, and I think it will do wonders to kick up engagement here again.
Engagement from people who specifically have proven they're only here for drama. Again, you're saying you want a video game forum to cultivate a separate community from the game to personally entertain you. The more sane option would be finding a separate community to suit your needs instead of trying to force this one to be what you want.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #616961

The real question is who is living in whose walls.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #616963

I don't know what kind of movies you have been watching lately, but I'm not Patrick Bateman alright, this forum has died down immensely from back when I first came here, and I'm bringing up a few things that I believe were important to keep it alive. I struggle to view your claims in good faith, I don't see how encouraging any activity or community period is me building my own "personal ego stroking entertainment club", and I also don't see why you keep bringing up that this is a video game forum, like it wasn't when the hut was in full force? Just feels incredibly condescending to put these statements to my name, like I'm a deranged idiot and huge narcissist for bringing up examples of the past, where I felt we had a good community, great moments and non-stop action, to show what we could do to move into that direction again.

And listen, all this "tehe, just leave idiot, tehe" non-sense falls flat on me, because if I genuinely feel worse after visiting here, time and time again, and you sit around and insist that this is great, I will peace out and go to another server. I'm not tethered to this server any more than all the other people that used to be around here, and if you want to wallow in your own misery, I will let you, but I won't stick around to cheer you on.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #616965

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:32 pm I don't see how encouraging any activity or community period is me building my own "personal ego stroking entertainment club"
Why are you putting quotes around something that nobody said? If you wanna accuse people of being in poor faith, maybe don't do this shit
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #616967

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:32 pm And listen, all this "tehe, just leave idiot, tehe" non-sense falls flat on me, because if I genuinely feel worse after visiting here, time and time again, and you sit around and insist that this is great, I will peace out and go to another server. I'm not tethered to this server any more than all the other people that used to be around here, and if you want to wallow in your own misery, I will let you, but I won't stick around to cheer you on.
please do leave, you should feel worse, you are not welcome
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #616975

Aint the hut just like the Gupta corner. But worse?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #616977

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:26 am Aint the hut just like the Gupta corner. But worse?
I agree. OP is too much of a coward to use the Gupta corner
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #616985

BM: We should bring the hut back
/tg/ Colourednames: No. The hut was way too toxic. Now suck my penis and gtfo nobody will miss you lmao
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #616989

Farquaar wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:14 am BM: We should bring the hut back
/tg/ Colourednames: No. The hut was way too toxic. Now suck my penis and gtfo nobody will miss you lmao
scared?
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #616998

If we tell you the coffee is too hot and then fling boiling coffee in your face that's still proof the coffee was too hot
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #617002

Stickymayhem wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 am If we tell you the coffee is too hot and then fling boiling coffee in your face that's still proof the coffee was too hot
"People, including admins, are toxic outside the hut.
Therefore, the hut is toxic."
► Show Spoiler
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #617006

Yeah well, what else needs to be said, you open a thread to encourage more liveliness, and you get treated like an absolute piece of shit by everyone around you. No wonder nobody wants to come here anymore.

Go fuck yourselves.

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #617009

"Treated like an absolute piece of shit" people disagreed with you bud. You've treated people worse in other threads for less of a reason, too. Why do you clutch pearls about it now?
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #617011

IkeTG wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:39 pm "Treated like an absolute piece of shit" people disagreed with you bud. You've treated people worse in other threads for less of a reason, too. Why do you clutch pearls about it now?
Maybe a lot of posts were polite, but a reread the thread and you'll see an unreasonable amount of vitriol directed towards BM by a select few individuals.
*cough*
Last edited by Farquaar on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #617012

I don't read posts from admins so I"ll have to take your word for it
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #617014

IkeTG wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:39 pm "Treated like an absolute piece of shit" people disagreed with you bud.
oranges and PK were definitely trying to piss BM off, and it seems to have worked.
I hope he actually doesn't leave, because I'll miss his warm outro on almost every post. It makes me giggle.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617016

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:19 pmIt makes me giggle.
schoolgirl type laughing.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #617017

I don't know dude regardless of who is typing it out or what is being proposed there are good intentions here. The forums are a bit slower than they were sometime ago, maybe it was covid, maybe it was summertime, but its certainly something noticeable, even its just riding on the waves.
Hugs
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #617033

BONERMASTER wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:39 pm Yeah well, what else needs to be said, you open a thread to encourage more liveliness, and you get treated like an absolute piece of shit by everyone around you. No wonder nobody wants to come here anymore.

Go fuck yourselves.
goodbye
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #617037

The admin/maintainer dogpiling observation is interesting, particularly with how cuckolded the playerbase has become since the orange man bad thing was introduced here. But it's MSO's decision, not theirs anyway.
NSFW:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #617047

this is why we should get rid of all the colored people on the forum
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #617049

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:19 pm
IkeTG wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:39 pm "Treated like an absolute piece of shit" people disagreed with you bud.
oranges and PK were definitely trying to piss BM off, and it seems to have worked.
Well I mean, OP definitely goes out of his way to antagonize people around the forum pretty consistently, so that's why the reaction he gives confuses me. It's not like you can switch on "Good faith mode" and expect people to treat your thread like it exists in a vacuum.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617057

I dunno dog, BM gave me a weird feeling he was chill but also not. Dunno he just assumed shit alot about people, who knows I could be a murderous psychopath but who cares aye?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

terbs
Byond Username: yolo4202beardromenmugen

Post by terbs » #617064

i am not sure, BONERMASTER

would you like to take our shirts off and kiss
"You cannot create fun, only take it from other players." - 2beard
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #617069

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:19 pm
I hope he actually doesn't leave, because I'll miss his warm outro on almost every post. It makes me giggle.
Actually my first reply was pretty sincere up to that last line where I figured I'd do a tongue in cheek parody of the signature thing in the OP, didn't really mean for it to come off as hostile
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #617074

I mean it seemed pretty hostile pk it might be worth apologizing
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #617078

IkeTG wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:33 am It's not like you can switch on "Good faith mode" and expect people to treat your thread like it exists in a vacuum.
You gotta give people a way back. Like the parable of the prodigal son or the iterated prisoner's dilemma suggest it's in your best interest to do so.
NSFW:

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #617095

cacogen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:18 pm
IkeTG wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:33 am It's not like you can switch on "Good faith mode" and expect people to treat your thread like it exists in a vacuum.
You gotta give people a way back. Like the parable of the prodigal son or the iterated prisoner's dilemma suggest it's in your best interest to do so.
Okay no, this is actual insanity. The guy spends his time being a bastard around the place, but then gets belligerent and ultimatum-y that his pet good faith thread wasn't given open arms. That's just called cause and effect. You show people 'a way back' on the internet and you're going to get exactly what you got before.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617099

IkeTG wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:22 pm
cacogen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:18 pm
Okay no, this is actual insanity. The guy spends his time being a bastard around the place but then gets belligerent and ultimatum-y that his pet good faith thread wasn't given open arms. That's just called cause and effect. You show people 'a way back' on the internet and you're going to get exactly what you got before.
Aye, what ike said. I was feeling he got a little hostile lately but it's just the internet whateva.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #617109

Just don't be a dick. It's not difficult. We're in an internet community, not a cliquey high school.

If you have a problem with somebody's past actions, it's fine to be upfront and confront them on it. But being snarky, snide, and passive-aggressive says more about you than it does about the person your behaviour is directed towards.

BM has posted some dumb takes in the past couple of months, but nothing deserving this level of mean-spiritedness.
Last edited by Farquaar on Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617110

Farquaar wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:23 pm Just don't be a dick. It's not difficult. We're in an internet community, not a cliquey high school.

If you have a problem with somebody's past actions, it's fine to be upfront and confront them on it. But being snarky, snide, and passive-aggressive says more about you than it does about the person your behaviour is directed towards.
I'm rude upfront, fuck you.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617111

People on tg are cool though, I'd rather get high and blasted here then anywhere else(Expect with a couple of best buds) I treat you all like I treat my friends(Mean)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #617113

Farquaar wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:23 pm Just don't be a dick. It's not difficult. We're in an internet community, not a cliquey high school.

BM has posted some dumb takes in the past couple of months, but nothing deserving this level of mean-spiritedness.
If there's any sort of high-school grade emotional intelligence being displayed here, it's this post. Nobody's trying to go out of their way to spite anyone here, it's just people leaving their takes in what they thought was a bad idea, 'n some folks who usually take the piss taking the piss. Making it out to be anything more than that is disingenuous.