THIS IS A WELDING TOOL FREE THREAD

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

THIS IS A WELDING TOOL FREE THREAD

Post by Kendrickorium » #619018

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30234

local man commits grievous act of attacking the hos with a welding tool and is noted for it
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: THIS IS A WELDING TOOL FREE THREAD

Post by Farquaar » #619019

IC issue
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #619021

tastes like ic issue to be entirely honest
no clue on whether there's prior reason for noting because I haven't read through their note history but in a vacuum it looks like something that's just a shrug and move on incident
I get wanting to come down hard on shuttle-related issues as they're very usually always grief, but this one seems extremely minor
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #619022

I'm almost 100% convinced this note is just a "I don't like this particular player" case.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #619025

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:09 am I'm almost 100% convinced this note is just a "I don't like this particular player" case.
incredibly poor taste claim
admins as a whole avoid getting involved with situations where their own personal bias may influence things - people can be and have been deadminned for violating the premise of disengaging from situations if you would be biased
saying that cyan (very good admin) would be noting someone "because they don't like them" without serious evidence to back that up serves no purpose aside from spreading rumors, misinformation, and is generally based in ill intent

don't do this thanks
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #619030

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:13 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:09 am I'm almost 100% convinced this note is just a "I don't like this particular player" case.
incredibly poor taste claim
admins as a whole avoid getting involved with situations where their own personal bias may influence things - people can be and have been deadminned for violating the premise of disengaging from situations if you would be biased
saying that cyan (very good admin) would be noting someone "because they don't like them" without serious evidence to back that up serves no purpose aside from spreading rumors, misinformation, and is generally based in ill intent

don't do this thanks
Cool and I'd heard that Hulk was a Greatmin and yet there was my whole fiasco where even the Headmin Ruling was "yeah no we don't agree with any of the initial ticket, but you still shouldn't have done what you did out of spite".

Sometimes admins are shitmins.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #619038

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:27 am
Cool and I'd heard that Hulk was a Greatmin and yet there was my whole fiasco where even the Headmin Ruling was "yeah no we don't agree with any of the initial ticket, but you still shouldn't have done what you did out of spite".

Sometimes admins are shitmins.
I noted this person because attacking someone multiple times with a welding tool over them clearing out dangerous simple mobs is shitty and not the kind of behavior we should be tolerating on any server. kindly stop projecting your personal grudges with other admins out of this, thanks
► Show Spoiler
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #619039

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:09 am tastes like ic issue to be entirely honest
no clue on whether there's prior reason for noting because I haven't read through their note history but in a vacuum it looks like something that's just a shrug and move on incident
I get wanting to come down hard on shuttle-related issues as they're very usually always grief, but this one seems extremely minor
you are correct, this was a very minor case of shit escalation. thats why its a low severity note, instead of something like a ban or an !!! extra bad note !!!. I told them to not do something like this, because its improper escalation, and noted it down, which is what we're meant to do for any conversation like this.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #619041

Cyan wrote: you are correct, this was a very minor case of shit escalation. thats why its a low severity note, instead of something like a ban or an !!! extra bad note !!!. I told them to not do something like this, because its improper escalation, and noted it down, which is what we're meant to do for any conversation like this.
Cyan my friend, you are allowed to instigate conflict with players via harm FNR, completely ignoring the whole slime part. It’s in the escalation policies. You’re just not allowed to round remove them, take their ID, seriously impact their round, etc. Hitting me with a welder was well within the scope of instigating a conflict.
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #619046

cSeal wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:09 am I noted this person because attacking someone multiple times with a welding tool over them clearing out dangerous simple mobs is shitty and not the kind of behavior we should be tolerating on any server. kindly stop projecting your personal grudges with other admins out of this, thanks
Did the person HoS actually have an issue with what occurred? Because based on their appeal, and the quote of "Big thanks to Axle himself for providing this videoclip of the entire encounter -" it sounds like they were probably completely fine with it, which. I know LRP doesn't abide by the MRP rules, but MRP's even got a clause that allows non-antags to do antag-y things if everyone involved approves (so long as you accept the consequences of your actions).

If the HoS had an issue with it, then fair enough, I'll rescind my point. But otherwise it feels impressively restrictive over LRP, especially if MRP's tighter rules would normally allow it.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #619081

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:18 amDid the person HoS actually have an issue with what occurred? Because based on their appeal, and the quote of "Big thanks to Axle himself for providing this videoclip of the entire encounter -" it sounds like they were probably completely fine with it, which. I know LRP doesn't abide by the MRP rules, but MRP's even got a clause that allows non-antags to do antag-y things if everyone involved approves (so long as you accept the consequences of your actions).

If the HoS had an issue with it, then fair enough, I'll rescind my point. But otherwise it feels impressively restrictive over LRP, especially if MRP's tighter rules would normally allow it.
I was the HoS and no it wasn't even a minor problem, stuff 10x worse than this happens every other shift. I respect Cyan's principles about creating a friendlier atmosphere, and I very much like the idea of people getting whacked when they get in the way of security doing their jobs, but I do think that's best kept to IC unless it's severe harm or round-ruining grief.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #619270

• Sec decides to murder """friendly""" slimes proactively
  • Friend of friendly slimes objects that the HOS killed a bunch of """innocent""" """cute""" things and hits the HOS
  • They fight it out and slimefriend gets a nonlethal trip to medical
This feels like the rare as hell textbook example of good IC escalation for good reasons (a dispute about how safe the 'safe' mobs were)?
The opposite of griefing/fornoreasoning?
(Also loving the HOS attacked repeatedly saying "Nah it was totally fair" in both threads)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #619281

weird note
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: THIS IS NOT A WELDING TOOL FREE THREAD

Post by datorangebottle » #619305

attention, this thread is no longer welding tool free.

anyway, i don't see how this deserves a note at all. i might've done the same myself.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: THIS IS NOT A WELDING TOOL FREE THREAD

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #619317

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:38 am Image
i might've done the same myself.
I would just sit there and be a little sad.
Living God

Extraordinary Person