NSFW:
gold plastic syndrome IS REAL AND WILL HURT RANDY
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Re: Thread of unpopular opinions

Post by Googles_Hands » #620818

Lifeweb, as bad (i.e. fucked up) as some of it's mechanics might be, has the best RP atmosphere.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #620837

war ops is fun because it brings the entire crew together against a common enemy team

also can't wait for someone to use this thread to be racist or homophobic
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #620839

murderboning is based when done right
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #620840

people of the same ethnicity as wubli are slightly less cool than everybody else and i also dont approve of same sex relationships
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #620841

Do whatever the hell you want, it doesn't matter if you are wanted or unwanted.

Seriously who the hell cares if you are wanted in this world if you want yourself its a whole lot better, it's all good baby baby.
► Show Spoiler
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #620845

I miss when I could turn into an ash drake, xenomorph, weeping angel, changeling, and syndicate borg from xenobio
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #620848

wubli wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:45 pm war ops is fun because it brings the entire crew together against a common enemy team

also can't wait for someone to use this thread to be racist or homophobic
Haha you didnt say sexist

Femoids be stinky

Owned
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620852

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:38 pm I miss when I could turn into an ash drake, xenomorph, weeping angel, changeling, and syndicate borg from xenobio
i don't that shit was dumb as fuck and lead to all the scientists crowding around in xenobio because they wanted to be a syndieborg/xenoling/fucking dragon.

anyway my unpopular opinion is that tying science to round progression directly leads to it being unfun, and that we need a new system. Open-ended research type jobs(like virology(which should very much be a science job) and xenobiology) should stay, but toxins and R&D suck and nobody who's done them once wants to do them again.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #620853

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:38 pm I miss when I could turn into an ash drake, xenomorph, weeping angel, changeling, and syndicate borg from xenobio
i don't that shit was dumb as fuck and lead to all the scientists crowding around in xenobio because they wanted to be a syndieborg/xenoling/fucking dragon.

anyway my unpopular opinion is that tying science to round progression directly leads to it being unfun, and that we need a new system. Open-ended research type jobs(like virology(which should very much be a science job) and xenobiology) should stay, but toxins and R&D suck and nobody who's done them once wants to do them again.
Yeah after taking several breaks from this game im honestly sick of power-gaming. progressing through science/mining an hour into the round only to end up with useless tools that can only be used to valid isnt very fun.

But at the same time I don't want antagonists to not fear the crew progressing through the round....

Maybe gamer gear should just be changed up to a purely defensive and disabling lean. Like science getting a hardlight energy disruptor instead of a missile. That would prevent e-swords from being activated in its presence.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620854

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:09 pm But at the same time I don't want antagonists to not fear the crew progressing through the round....

Maybe gamer gear should just be changed up to a purely defensive and disabling lean. Like science getting a hardlight energy disruptor instead of a missile. That would prevent e-swords from being activated in its presence.
they already do have to fear round progress. science does a lot of round progress between Genetics, R&D, Xenobio, and Robotics. it's a lot harder to kill someone with cheesy ebow + esword strats if they're hulks and don't get stunned.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #620859

wubli wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:45 pm war ops is fun because it brings the entire crew together against a common enemy team
Really enjoyed warops back when sybil was lower pop because it was super uncommon and what you described DID happen. People would be much more open to working together, and the typical paranoia's tossed aside because "death by nuclear fire" is a much more visible and possible threat than "this strange little moth creature might kill me when I look away"

When warops became significantly more common I found myself enjoying it less and less, however, because although teamwork is a lot of fun, the problem I found with warops is that this teamwork usually results in the same activities being done every time for preparation, which is a 20-minute period. Doing the same shit every time for 20 minutes rapidly becomes irritating, as a warops round is typically then decided in the next 10-15 minutes after that. (Repetition kills the fun)

Honestly it happens kinda "just right" now but now I just don't play because I'm an admin and find more enjoyment via adminning than playing?? strange

Personal unpopular opinion, the ONLY thing that will always be different in this game is talking with other people
I don't even find the combat with other people to be that variable, and more importantly combat with other people tends to be a zero-sum game (both parties can't win) (I don't like this)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #620864

there's no real arguments against censoring swears
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #620869

Golem spam is the thing Antagonists should probably fear most, as well as being incredibly obnoxious to normal crew. Golems almost always seem to be shitters for some reason, and GODDAMN MAGICARP are even WORSE in every way.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #620872

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 pm
Personal unpopular opinion, the ONLY thing that will always be different in this game is talking with other people
I don't even find the combat with other people to be that variable, and more importantly combat with other people tends to be a zero-sum game (both parties can't win) (I don't like this)
What do you mean by this? If both parties are benefiting from a fight, it's not really a fight, is it?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #620876

IkeTG wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:11 pm there's no real arguments against censoring swears
there are no arguments for censoring swears
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #620877

cacogen being wrong once again
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620882

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:38 pm Golem spam is the thing Antagonists should probably fear most, as well as being incredibly obnoxious to normal crew. Golems almost always seem to be shitters for some reason, and GODDAMN MAGICARP are even WORSE in every way.
haha i dont know why you would think that instantly cuts your arm off with one spell or teleports you into space or something nothing personnel kid

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #620883

xenobiology is good (though flawed)

golems are a fun idea

icebox is a nice map
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #620895

unpopular opinion threads are fucking stupid because everyone posts a popular opinion
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #620901

I have done more for this game in 1 year than most have achieved in their entire time here.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #620905

oranges wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:41 am I have done more for this game in 1 year than most have achieved in their entire time here.
why?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #620907

lack of empathy
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #620908

dont be so hard on yourself :(
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #620981

If you put a lot of effort into praying for something (rituals, sacrifices etc.), it's incredibly uncool for online admins not to respond. Even if they're just telling you to piss off, that's better than nothing. I get ignoring dumb requests like "gib anteg", but prayers made with the earnest intent to make the round more fun/interesting should at very least get a "lolnope".

Nothing was more depressing than the shift where 12 clowns engaged in a massive ritual in the chapel praying for something silly to happen to security (we were being persecuted or something). Eventually one brave clown volunteered as a human sacrifice to the Honkmother. Then another. One by one, all the clowns killed themselves upon the ritual runes and... nothing. The fun just fizzled out. Really lame imo, especially for something that basically gave online admins carte-blanche to make the round more interesting.
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #621036

Farquaar wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:56 pm Nothing was more depressing than the shift where 12 clowns engaged in a massive ritual in the chapel praying for something silly to happen to security (we were being persecuted or something). Eventually one brave clown volunteered as a human sacrifice to the Honkmother. Then another. One by one, all the clowns killed themselves upon the ritual runes and... nothing. The fun just fizzled out. Really lame imo, especially for something that basically gave online admins carte-blanche to make the round more interesting.
Suicide pact for the honkmother
Living God

Extraordinary Person

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #621101

departmental beret propagation is the worst thing to happen to tg
[this space reserved]
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #621103

wesoda25 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:37 am departmental beret propagation is the worst thing to happen to tg
Seconded
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #621109

IkeTG wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 am cacogen being wrong once again
where is argument??
NSFW:

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #621112

A polite society is a healthier society, and the language we choose shapes us and our peers on a day-to-day basis.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #621113

also it would be REALLY funny if fuck words got changed to innocent words, it would confuse the heck out of newcomers
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #621117

IkeTG wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:12 pm A polite society is a healthier society, and the language we choose shapes us and our peers on a day-to-day basis.
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #621121

murderbone is good
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #621132

Round removal is not bad. Effects that seek to explicitly not remove people from the round (like contractor pod) are bad and made by cowardly coders. Effects that unapologetically permanently round remove people (space pirates taking hostages into the cargo hold, supermatte dusting you) are badass.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #621135

IkeTG wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:15 pm also it would be REALLY funny if fuck words got changed to innocent words, it would confuse the heck out of newcomers
this should be a brain trauma. filters any fuck-word you say to a polite one.

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #621136

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 pm Round removal is not bad. Effects that seek to explicitly not remove people from the round (like contractor pod) are bad and made by cowardly coders. Effects that unapologetically permanently round remove people (space pirates taking hostages into the cargo hold, supermatte dusting you) are badass.
Its not bad...but its not fun either. If only we could trust people to respawn without them metagaming/metagrudging.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #621137

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:37 pm
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 pm Round removal is not bad. Effects that seek to explicitly not remove people from the round (like contractor pod) are bad and made by cowardly coders. Effects that unapologetically permanently round remove people (space pirates taking hostages into the cargo hold, supermatte dusting you) are badass.
Its not bad...but its not fun either. If only we could trust people to respawn without them metagaming/metagrudging.
Follow up related opinion, remove all latejoin
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #621141

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:36 pm
IkeTG wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:15 pm also it would be REALLY funny if fuck words got changed to innocent words, it would confuse the heck out of newcomers
:)
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #621142

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:36 pm
this would be amazing as a trait too
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #621157

People are too averse to having dirtiness & conflict in rounds. I am good with banning OOC bigotry, but IC-wise, people are often a bit too reluctant to engage anything that might be seen as a confrontation or form of hostility. Many people are very keen to make sure everyone is happy and pleased at all times, and unwilling to really do things that might cause friction or bad blood (including IC racism). Being able to have some serious conflict in rounds beyond just antagonists (which most people will hopefully realize isn't an OOC thing mostly) adds a lot more spice and intrigue to things, and makes the memories of what happened in a round a lot more long lasting. (This post from a Manuel perspective)
I second this
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #621161

Mining is fun
retired ss13 coderman
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #621231

Oranges has been good for the game long term even if I don’t agree with some of his decisions.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #621235

Coders generally know what they're doing and have good intent

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #621339

IkeTG wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:12 pm A polite society is a healthier society, and the language we choose shapes us and our peers on a day-to-day basis.
I don't think removing swear words is going to be some magic bullet that civilises servers like Terry.
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #621340

NSFW:
► Show Spoiler
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #621390

nonhumans have no rights
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #621433

cacogen wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:07 am
I don't think removing swear words is going to be some magic bullet that civilises servers like Terry.
What? Magic bullet? This is why you consistently fall behind, you forsake my idea because it cannot carry the burden of such change. Simple as put, it is but among many steps this place could take towards a brighter future.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #621435

words is just some shit we made up, the fact we are typing on a fucking keyboard is weird by itself, I dunno why people get angry at this made-up shit called 'words'
Living God

Extraordinary Person