2014-ish /tg/ Simulator Thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

2014-ish /tg/ Simulator Thread

Post by Pandarsenic » #626324

Thinking about viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30784 and viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30789 I have decided to perform a Thought Experiment.

Hit me with questions like "Can I do X" or "What should I do if Y happens" or "Z just happened, what do admemes do" and I'll attempt to summon from my DECREPIT, DEMENTIA-ADDLED MIND an answer that I think sounds about right for what you would've gotten from that era

basically i want to crowdsource your examples of escalation situations, RP/culture expectations, etc.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: 2014-ish /tg/ Simulator Thread

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #626340

can I beat someones ass if they make fun of me?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #626341

Two players, typically xenos, spend literally every minute of the round with each other. They only really speak when spoken to. What adbin do?
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626475

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:41 pm can I beat someones ass if they make fun of me?
Hell yeah you can, but don't come crying if they beat your ass right back or sec arrests one/both of you
Farquaar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:49 pm Two players, typically xenos, spend literally every minute of the round with each other. They only really speak when spoken to. What adbin do?
Okay, this takes a bit of creativity because the only xenos back then were Actual Xenos; as playable charactersr, you only had humans (and one admin who lizarded himself to be Xemo the Lizard Janitor)

If we're talking like Alien Hunter Xenos fucking around, a gentle reminder that they're expected to get shit done for the hive ought to be enough to motivate them. If not, you don't even need to give their bodies up - the difference can be made up by spawning in new xenos of the same type and inviting ghosts into those bodies.

If we're talking spacemen who only RP with each other, if someone ahelps it or a complaint is made, a talking-to reminder that SS13 is a group activity, not a "Just chilling with each other around a bunch of people," but be understanding if they're introducing a friend to certain mechanics or whatever. This is kind of a weird one, because certain departments had a rep for this kind of thing ("Neon-haired medbay whores," very tight sec teams who were friends, etc.) but the medbays were also enormously effective at their jobs so that they could get people who wandered in injured healthy and tossed out faster, which was good for everyone.

The sec teams were robust but also you had people like Kira Seville and... god, I can't even remember his name anymore, but the blond dude with the buzzcut who was practically a god of death, but he was always down to do wacky RP stuff like let an antag challenge them to a 1v1 deathmatch for freedom. And if they did, everyone would honor the terms. There was an expectation back then that sec and antags would RP, maybe not when shit was going down in the moment but before and after fighting, over radio, etc.

And, honestly, it wasn't that these tight groups wouldn't RP with other people, it's that other people didn't like them so they wouldn't even try? Also that they were impossible to replace as a changeling because they knew each other so well and you'd get found out immediately.

If they're ERPing (which was legal at the time), things like subtly guiding several people nearby and then turn a nearby wall into glass, exposing them to the crowd, who will IMMEDIATELY disrupt them. Possibly also spawning ghosts in as simple animals, if they convince the admemes. Stuff like that.

If we're talking two people clearly metafriending/metacommunicating, especially to tide, BWOINK. This was a pretty big issue back then! A lot of bans dropped over that shit.
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Post by legality » #626510

Amy Lessen is on the station and xenomorphs appear. What happens?
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626512

legality wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:37 am Amy Lessen is on the station and xenomorphs appear. What happens?
She gets a facehugger thrown on her before she has a chance to even try anything, tbh
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #626536

fuck hippie
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #626538

I start the round as CMO. I fill my hypospray with 30 units of Chloral Hydrate and move to the HOP line to get extra access because as always there's no Captain and no Security. Somebody stands adjacent to me in the HOP line. I push him away a tile by walking into him and resume my position. This happens again. And again. I leave, and stand in front of the kitchen. The same guy follows me, once more attempting to stand next to me. I inject him with 15 units of Chloral Hydrate and order the chef to gib this individual.
What repercussions am I likely to suffer for this act?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626544

terranaut wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:31 am I start the round as CMO. I fill my hypospray with 30 units of Chloral Hydrate and move to the HOP line to get extra access because as always there's no Captain and no Security. Somebody stands adjacent to me in the HOP line. I push him away a tile by walking into him and resume my position. This happens again. And again. I leave, and stand in front of the kitchen. The same guy follows me, once more attempting to stand next to me. I inject him with 15 units of Chloral Hydrate and order the chef to gib this individual.
What repercussions am I likely to suffer for this act?
Honestly, you were A-OK until going for the gibber instead of cuffing him for a Friendly Chat or something.

Depending on past history, unless you have some real nasty notes, you're looking at maybe a 24-hour ban for the wordless killing if nobody involved was an antag, with a reminder that you should be looking for a little more than "he stood near me twice (but nothing went wrong either time)" for a round removal? Probably depends on the admin, but more than that on the prior notes.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #626546

Wrong, nothing happens because standing next to people is enough to kill them with no counterplay other than maing sure nobody stands next to you (CMO Hypo, Parapen, Parasting) and trying too hard to stand next to somebody when they clearly don't appreciate it is enough to kill someone.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626548

Yeah, I mean realistically the answer is "It was a changeling and you're just fine because it WAS an antag"

And the admin checks, if they weren't, why they were trying so hard to stand next to you

If both of those vibe checks are unfavorable to you, the dayban is still only a maybe unless you have a bunch of "simply loves to kill" notes.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #626585

Farquaar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:49 pm Two players, typically xenos, spend literally every minute of the round with each other. They only really speak when spoken to. What adbin do?
in like 2015 the lizard erp metagang took an escape pod when it was code red. they waited until all 4 lizards were onboard and immediately launched to the asteroid. Hornygranny (the admin, but IC) came out of the wall like scp fucking 106 and warned all the lizards that they will soon be punished for their crimes of metacliqueing
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #626586

in like 2015 the lizard erp metagang took an escape pod when it was code red. they waited until all 4 lizards were onboard and immediately launched to the asteroid. Hornygranny (the admin, but IC) came out of the wall like scp fucking 106 and warned all the lizards that they will soon be punished for their crimes of metacliqueing
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #626642

legality wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:37 am Amy Lessen is on the station and xenomorphs appear. What happens?
probably vored ttytt
terranaut wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:07 am Wrong, nothing happens because standing next to people is enough to kill them with no counterplay other than maing sure nobody stands next to you (CMO Hypo, Parapen, Parasting) and trying too hard to stand next to somebody when they clearly don't appreciate it is enough to kill someone.
my friend you forgot about stun gloves (which i would make every single round)

also chloral hypospray was based and i'll hear no more of it
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626647

cacogen wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:27 am
terranaut wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:07 am Wrong, nothing happens because standing next to people is enough to kill them with no counterplay other than maing sure nobody stands next to you (CMO Hypo, Parapen, Parasting) and trying too hard to stand next to somebody when they clearly don't appreciate it is enough to kill someone.
my friend you forgot about stun gloves (which i would make every single round)

also chloral hypospray was based and i'll hear no more of it
Hell yeah it was, there's a reason I didn't mention even the possibility of a punishment for that.

You can inject MEDICINE with NORMAL SYRINGES or use sleepers if people want fast healing

The hypospray was a DIY parapen and being able to introduce an attacker to the unconsciousness overlay with a couple good clicks was rad

Also chloral was super easy to make because this was pre-pH
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #626648

I sleepy pen + c4 an entire crew of 13 people as traitor, wat do?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626651

Capsandi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:53 am I sleepy pen + c4 an entire crew of 13 people as traitor, wat do?
I think this was maybe before refilling sleepy pens was doable? So you probably had to robust several of those people by hand

Either way, based lmao, dead chat is 50/50 people complaining and people cheering you on.

If you went loud, the shuttle is already called because back then Command Staff was actually halfway competent

If you didn't, you better call it before people get bored or an admin is going to spawn those 13 people back in as a fat pile of Apprentices or something
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626772

Doubled post to keep it split off from the above:

I think this post made me realize something:
Adam Klein wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:18 pm Again, the way valid culture works, being forced to out yourself for power means any tider with a stolen baton will click, and then remove you from life
The difference between then and now was the difference between "doing what you can" and "doing what's interesting"

The rules were extremely permissive in that era of /tg/station, but people were willing to go out of their way to accommodate stuff. That's how you ended up with traitors doing things like going up to the HOP and asking for all access and then placing an Emag on the desk, then everyone emoting about staring, one by one, instead of whoever's next in line grabbing it and bolting with their new loot.

Everyone was within their rights to clap the traitor, but it wasn't INTERESTING to do it, so people just didn't because it was more fun to let the traitor keep going and see what they'd do next.
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #626788

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:58 pm Doubled post to keep it split off from the above:

I think this post made me realize something:
Adam Klein wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:18 pm Again, the way valid culture works, being forced to out yourself for power means any tider with a stolen baton will click, and then remove you from life
The difference between then and now was the difference between "doing what you can" and "doing what's interesting"

The rules were extremely permissive in that era of /tg/station, but people were willing to go out of their way to accommodate stuff. That's how you ended up with traitors doing things like going up to the HOP and asking for all access and then placing an Emag on the desk, then everyone emoting about staring, one by one, instead of whoever's next in line grabbing it and bolting with their new loot.

Everyone was within their rights to clap the traitor, but it wasn't INTERESTING to do it, so people just didn't because it was more fun to let the traitor keep going and see what they'd do next.
yeah, this still happens but its a lot rarer, rather sad

Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #627500

I am a chemist, and make some death mix syringes, but stock the chemfridge with so much medicine it can't be stocked anymore, and the chemdispensere are out of energy for doing the job too well
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #627504

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:41 am I am a chemist, and make some death mix syringes, but stock the chemfridge with so much medicine it can't be stocked anymore, and the chemdispensere are out of energy for doing the job too well
upgrade it or make more chemfridges(can also drop pills on the floor)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #627509

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:41 am I am a chemist, and make some death mix syringes, but stock the chemfridge with so much medicine it can't be stocked anymore, and the chemdispensere are out of energy for doing the job too well
Certified Based™

Nobody will blame you if you yell at R&D/Engineering for Chem Dispenser upgrades or break in to force the issue... or start doing whatever else you want, really, as long as you aren't ruining people's lives with those syringes for genuinely awful reasons.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #633927

hahahaha yeah fucking right nerd. i walk into chemistry as an assistant, make 100 hyperzine pills (phosphorus sugar sulfur) in 10 seconds, and run around at max speed permanently for the rest of the round as the 1000u of it slowly ticks down in my body
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #634027

PKPenguin321 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:47 am
hahahaha yeah fucking right nerd. i walk into chemistry as an assistant, make 100 hyperzine pills (phosphorus sugar sulfur) in 10 seconds, and run around at max speed permanently for the rest of the round as the 1000u of it slowly ticks down in my body
I want to believe it used to be like this but I at least know how clunky the fucking chemmaster window still is to doubt it
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634041

Frankly, the beaker swapping and ChemMaster are the big barriers to that, yeah

But pre pH-chem and overdoses, you could just run ham with stuff like that
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #634046

you dont actually make pills you just sip it from the beaker
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #634066

Can I make myself into a monkey using genetics then go around injecting the station with my UI to make a station of clones?
As a non antag
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #634067

Oooh can I eject the chaplin into space as a non antag simply because they stepped on the coffin ejector whilst trying to pull a coffin back inside?
► Show Spoiler
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #634097

peoplearestrange wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:31 pm Can I make myself into a monkey using genetics then go around injecting the station with my UI to make a station of clones?
As a non antag
I would've been okay with it as long as you didn't make a habit out of it. Maybe even mess with you if it got annoying

but you would also expect to be lynched and it would be an IC issue
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #634111

*creates polytrinic acid smoke grenade that instacrits the tick it creates the smoke tiles and uses it in medbay for literally no reason*
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634207

Ikarrus wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:37 pm
peoplearestrange wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:31 pm Can I make myself into a monkey using genetics then go around injecting the station with my UI to make a station of clones?
As a non antag
I would've been okay with it as long as you didn't make a habit out of it. Maybe even mess with you if it got annoying

but you would also expect to be lynched and it would be an IC issue
Yeah as long as you don't come crying to the admins about it, this sounds funny as hell. You're gonna get your ass kicked and you can't fight back very well as a monkey so your fate is pretty much sealed, but it'll be funny.
peoplearestrange wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:32 pm Oooh can I eject the chaplin into space as a non antag simply because they stepped on the coffin ejector whilst trying to pull a coffin back inside?
► Show Spoiler
Yeah as long as it's funny enough and you don't have a history of being a shitter you can get away with a lot
massa wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:40 pm *creates polytrinic acid smoke grenade that instacrits the tick it creates the smoke tiles and uses it in medbay for literally no reason*
First offense, you'll probably get a "Not funny enough, don't do it again" warning and a note.

Serial offender, you might be looking at a dayban or more even if you don't actually kill anyone, especially if it's the exact same acid grenade "gimmick" instead of something funny or creative.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #634215

hey have you guys seen the latest homestuck update
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634217

nianjiilical wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:16 am hey have you guys seen the latest homestuck update
listen,,
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #634218

massa wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:40 pm *creates polytrinic acid smoke grenade that instacrits the tick it creates the smoke tiles and uses it in medbay for literally no reason*
this was the funniest shit, also mutagen grenades that would instantly give you every single mutation positive and negative so you were a bumbling blind tourettes hulk
Spoiler:
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #634241

PKPenguin321 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:31 am
this was the funniest shit, also mutagen grenades that would instantly give you every single mutation positive and negative so you were a bumbling blind tourettes hulk
I was going to mention how mutagenic smoke grenades also basically instantly deleted you from the game, functionally. That was basically the last time I did chem was that era, and it looks like modern chem is just as wack
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #634286

nianjiilical wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:16 am hey have you guys seen the latest homestuck update
nah i think i stopped a couple of years ago because it got overly convoluted and couldn't possibly pay off like what happened with lost