Who the fuck are the Eldar

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Who the fuck are the Eldar

Post by The Wrench » #626411

And why does the corpse emperor hate them?
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Who the fuck are the Eldar

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #626433

The Aeldari or the Eldar as they were long known to outsiders, are an ancient and highly advanced species of humanoid xenos whose vast empire once extended the width and breadth of the known galaxy.
In its time, the Aeldari Empire was without equal in the galaxy, spreading across both realspace and the Webway. They counted themselves masters of the stars and every Aeldari was born a potent psyker, their abilities often used to both create and power their almost magical technology.
Even death was no barrier, for when the Aeldari's spirits eventually left their mortal bodies they dissolved peacefully back into the Immaterium to be reborn again in new forms, for the Warp did not thirst for Aeldari souls then as it does today.
But ten millennia ago, the Aeldari's overweening pride and their fall into amoral and hedonistic practices led to a cataclysm that all but eradicated their kind and resulted in the birth of the Chaos God Slaanesh, known as "She Who Thirsts" to the Aeldari.
Despite their boundless power, the heart of their civilisation was torn out by this catastrophe of their own making, forcing many of the surviving Aeldari to pursue different strategies for survival to protect their souls from being consumed by She Who Thirsts. These strategies have shaped the nature of the surviving Aeldari cultures.

In the 41st Millennium there are five major sub-cultures or kindreds of the Aeldari species: the Asuryani or Craftworld Aeldari, the Drukhari, the Harlequins, the Exodites, and the Ynnari.
There are also bands of independent Aeldari who survive by raiding other species' shipping and commerce, many of whom are Asuryani who have left the often rigid and confining culture of their people behind. They are known as the Asuryani Outcasts and the Aeldari Corsairs.
The Asuryani fled the original homeworlds of the Aeldari Empire in great, continent-sized starships called craftworlds. These craftworlds are now scattered across the galaxy, only connected to each other by the labyrinthine corridors of the Webway. The Asuryani seek to protect themselves from the hunger of She Who Thirsts through the use of a soul-capturing psychocrystalline technology known as Spirit Stones and a rigid code of behaviour called the Asuryani Path.

The Drukhari are the descendants of those Aeldari who originally settled within the Webway, particularly the ancient city of Commorragh. The Drukhari protect themselves from the hunger of Slaanesh by following what the Asuryani call the "Path of Damnation"; these piratical people revel in the physical and emotional pain of others, for feeding upon the psychic residue of suffering is the only way they can stave off the slow consumption by She Who Thirsts of their own souls.

The Harlequins are the servants of the Aeldari Laughing God Cegorach who fled into the Webway at the time of the Fall of the Aeldari and were protected from the thirst of Slaanesh by their god's power.
The Harlequins are the keepers of the Aeldari repository of Chaos knowledge known as the Black Library and they are the only Aeldari who still move freely among all of the other factions. Their purpose is to maintain among their fellows the knowledge of the Aeldari mythological cycles that form the foundation of all Aeldari culture.

The Exodites are those Aeldari who fled the ancient homeworlds before the Fall and chose to settle on verdant, unsettled planets known as Maiden Worlds. The Exodites are protected from the soul-thirst of Slaanesh by unifying their souls upon death with the World Spirits of their home planets and from the darker impulses of the Aeldari psyche by pursuing lifestyles marked by more hardship and less labour-saving technology than any of their brethren.

The Ynnari, also called the Reborn, are a religious sect of Aeldari drawn from all of the other factions who serve the partially awakened Aeldari god of the dead Ynnead. Led by Ynnead's high priestess and chosen prophet, Yvraine, the Daughter of Shades, the Ynnari came into existence just before the birth of the Great Rift and the start of the Era Indomitus.

The Reborn seek nothing less than the full awakening of Ynnead, who will then do battle with Slaanesh, destroy the Chaos God and restore the Aeldari people to their lost greatness. Ynnari no longer need fear Slaanesh's thirst, for upon death they become one with Ynnead.

I am personally a fan of the Harlequins, as they remind me of the clown from ss13
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #626471

fantasy > 40k
archaon a bitch tho
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #626513

Kel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:19 am fantasy > 40k
archaon a bitch tho
Yeah GW kinda exploded that unfortunately
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #626801

Didn't I post in here? Like it wouldn't be notifying me people had replied to this thread if I hadn't posted in here. I think I just wrote "uhh" or something. The jannies must've deleted it. Anyway, wrhammere ie g ru
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #626813

cacogen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:31 am Didn't I post in here? Like it wouldn't be notifying me people had replied to this thread if I hadn't posted in here. I think I just wrote "uhh" or something. The jannies must've deleted it. Anyway, wrhammere ie g ru
Yeah one of your posts got deleted in shitty suggestions as well, perhaps this is all some targeted conspiracy against you? Better grab the shotgun before the Felinid Cabal shows up at your doorstep and silence you for good.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #626821

Was it the one about removing women? I deleted that one because it was in the wrong thread.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #626883

space elves

they suck there too
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #626886

cacogen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:31 am Didn't I post in here? Like it wouldn't be notifying me people had replied to this thread if I hadn't posted in here. I think I just wrote "uhh" or something. The jannies must've deleted it. Anyway, wrhammere ie g ru
rave wiped the thread to before i posted the "40k is not videogames" post after i pointed out this belonged in off topic
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #626888

I miss those "deleted by x for reason y" messages.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #626976

Adam Klein wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:13 pm And why does the corpse emperor hate them?

Eldar, commonly referred to as knife-ears, witches or "elf", are xeno-scum that scheme and plot against the imperium of man without pause. The emperor hates them, as he hates all xeno-races, because you must not suffer the alien to live.

With fearless regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #627004

True story, I was a marine and was fighting a horde of orcs.

I ran out of ammo so I made shooting sounds with my mouth and boom sounds with my speaker. the orcs fucking believed it so hard they all died and I massacred the entire base.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #629322

Commissar Yarrick is a waaagh zombie because the orks don't believe he can die
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med