Bottom post of the previous page:

>Crystal shards that blow up
>Explosives

Do you even need to ask?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Tabletop General

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276318

Already did that. It blew up in my face. I promptly tried again by putting the crystal further away and it worked perfectly, dealing max damage on a hit (6+12+3). That's not nearly sufficient enough to kill the fart, who I doubt gives a shit about bombs on account of being a fart.

Unless I use the big one. Then EVERYONE DIES.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #276344

If the wizard is that evil, he's probably pissed off someone in the course of the campaign.

Probably several people.

Without his knowing, give THEM the power crystals, an explanation that it might kill them but it's a shot at revenge, and tell them they never saw you. Do this via notes or private talk with the GM, do not rely on not-metaing.

Stand well back, await destruction of wizard by all the empowered people he pissed off.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276353

He was apparently just your average wizard with aspirations for immortality, but fucked up his spell and turned into a fart instead. Then the samurai found him incredibly weak in a bottle and fed him crystals until he bounced back HARD, as he didn't have a body for them to destroy.

He doesn't really have any enemies as far as my feeble lizard mind knows besides me, as he's been letting the samurai act as his pawn, which she's been doing admirably. The only reason I'm so worried is because if the samurai and I fight-- which we're on a fast track to doing-- and I likely win, the fart will at best demand I take her place or at worse try to kill me.

I have a plan though. We're currently pursuing a Waterbender woman, and I have a giant crystal and a water elemental summoning stone. With any luck I can put these three together to become a [STAND MASTER] and have a pet water elemental to fight her stand.

This campaign is anime as hell but I bemoan that I'm the only one who's seen Jojo
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #276384

Cant you just like

Breathe him in and make him choke in your lungs?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276532

Sorry I can't pull a Star Platinum
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #276563

>Dismissing the power of high explosives

I'd shoot you for heresy if I could Guardsman
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276570

I don't dismiss it, I use it all the time to buff the shit out of my regular harpoons to deal triple their normal damage, but I just don't think that'll be enough to beat an effectively incorporeal enemy.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276572

I feel compelled to ask, is this party member vs party member conflict well agreed on by everyone in the game or do they think you are being a dick by bringing down the evil theme?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276576

We're all good friends out of game and we all know it's coming, they won't be mad when it does.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #281453

D&d/pathfinder question

Are homosexual relationships considered a chaotic act? Can paladins kiss without falling?
XSI

Post by XSI » #281463

Depends on their gods. Some gods are okay with it. Some will want them purged. Most don't have a doctrine on homosex so it depends on the GM
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #281469

Super Aggro Crag wrote:D&d/pathfinder question

Are homosexual relationships considered a chaotic act? Can paladins kiss without falling?
Paladins only fall if they knowingly and wilfully commit an evil act or grossly violate their Paladin's Code of Conduct.

So if they have a rule that says don't put your sausage in your squire's oven then it would be a chaotic act (As they would be acting contrary to something they consider to be Lawful), and, they would fall for grossly violating their Code - unless it was in service of a good end.
People forget that Paladins aren't forbidden from acting chaotically if the situation calls for it.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #281743

Super Aggro Crag wrote:D&d/pathfinder question

It reaaaaaaalllly depends on how you handle the alignment system.

Namely, "Is the Chaotic/Lawful axis absolute, or relative?"

The good/evil axis is generally taken to be absolute- Orcs and Drow are still Evil, even if they are "good" (without the capital-G Alignment "Good") within the context of their culture.

If you apply the same logic to the chaotic/lawful axis, then homosexual relationships are (probably) a neutral act- kissing a dude doesn't, inherently, seem to uphold centralized authority or personal freedom.

However, I think the chaotic/lawful act is better when it is taken to be partially contingent on the nature of local/cultural authority. If this is taken to be the case, a homosexual relationship would be a Chaotic act if done in the context of a culture or regime that broadly disapproves of such. However, it would not be Chaotic if the local culture/authority approved of or had no opinion on it.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #282248

Lawful/Chaotic is an artefact of a time when alignment only went Lawful and Chaotic, with Lawful being Good and Chaotic being Evil. People argued that the heroes could behave chaotically or desire a chaotic outcome and villains were usually tyrants who behaved lawfully or desired an outcome that was lawful as we understood it.

So, it got changed to a four-way axis but the Lawful/Chaotic doesn't really fit in terms of how one acts ethically and has been a point of contention for a long, long time.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #282250

Nine point alignment system fucking sucks dick and actively prevents people from playing complex characters by encouraging them to colour within the specific lines. It is just another of DnD's sacred cows that we will probably never be rid of
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #282253

tbh I'd gut out the Lawful/Chaotic axis as it usually ends up causing confusion. Inevitables and all the pure Lawful/Chaotic entities can still exist as pure neutral entities with templates and still have alien thought processes.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #282260

I would prefer if it were axed all together but i think too many of DnD's mechanics are reliant on it at this point for that to really be possible.

4th edition did that weird 5 alignment system that just had evil, chaotic evil, neutral, good, and lawful good. Not sure if they thought it would help but it kinda ended up getting ignored
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #282285

Personally I usually just start any character as pure neutral

Then I do whatever and if the GM says my actions change my alignment then that happens and I give no shits
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #282613

I think the nine-point alignment system isn't bad per se, but it has to be taken as descriptive, rather than prescriptive. That is, your alignment describes your actions, which your character's beliefs determine, rather than "your alignment determines your actions."

However, this is fucked to hell and back by things like falling or not falling based on alignment and alignment-detecting magic, both of which encourage a prescriptive approach.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #282617

Pretty much, yes. Paladins should only ever fall for a personal crisis of faith, not because "lol u got tricked into doing badthing"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #282642

Such as cannibalism
It's a strongly evil act in D&D/PF and eating sentients makes you evil unless you're a saint or similar.
Even if you didn't know it was meat from people and the taste was hidden. Eat people = evil

Not the greatest system, but thats why GMs often just go "nah, doesn't count" on cases like that
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #282643

All the bad game design in the world does not matter at all if you have a good GM
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #282649

Try playing FATAL and then say that again
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282652

XSI wrote:Try playing FATAL and then say that again
Now all he needs is a good GM.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #282861

One of my old GMs is running a text for a new system he's developing, I made a character. In walks INO HALL, multiplicitous scholar of the arcane!

A master of dark magic she's easily capable of annhilating any enemy, however the magic strains her body. Thus, she became proficient in alchemy to brew potions and bombs, and also healing magic to mend her own wounds. Her purpose in wandering the world is to find a practitioner of ancient magic and learn their secrets, thereby becoming capable of casting spells from three different schools of magic, with only dumb weeb magic being left out.

Truly the future is looking bright for miss Hall.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282863

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #282867

I'd threaten to turn you into something hideous but you're already there, lizard.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282871

ShadowDimentio wrote:I'd threaten to turn you into something hideous but you're already there, lizard.
Was that a hastily withdrawn offer to mindswap, wiznerd?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #282886

>All this alignment discussion and "paladin falls"
Serves you right for playing inferior systems
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282891

InsaneHyena wrote:>All this alignment discussion and "paladin falls"
Serves you right for playing inferior systems
So you're up for a game of FATAL as well?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #282926

I've never had alignment come up outside of a discussion I had once about my cleric being neutral good and me taking that to mean someone who tries to do good and get others to do good but not actively impeding those that aren't good or evil, which is good because the other two partymembers are a thieving rogue and a fighter who'd kill someone for a pint of beer.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #283926

DemonFiren wrote:
XSI wrote:Try playing FATAL and then say that again
Now all he needs is a good GM.
Good Sir,

I am XSI's current GM, and as such the implication in this statement is a personal insult and attack upon my impeccable character.

To resolve this, I am afraid I have no option but to demand an immediate retraction of your remark, or I will have no choice but to challenge you to a duel.
XSI

Post by XSI » #283928

I think the implication was that if you were a good GM, you'd run FATAL so we can prove the theory mentioned

And I would rather not play FATAL
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #293867

The blue space marine woke up...and decided to make TALLER SPACE MARINES to save the imperium. Now all the old Marines are SHIT BABIES. Hahaha space Marines not so elite now are you maybe the imperial guard will let you stand in front of then and soak bullets.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #293977

one of my friends is going to start a dnd campaign this summer and I genuinely fear that one of the people involved will derail her campign into "I KILL THE SHOPKEEPR" territory of murderhoboing and I don't want the game to fuck up and die what do I do
Limey wrote:its too late.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #293979

Tell the GM you are concerned about this. Play a good-aligned character, be on good terms with the other players so you have support when you say "If you try to kill this innocent man for literally no reason I will stop you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #293990

Wyzack wrote:Tell the GM you are concerned about this. Play a good-aligned character, be on good terms with the other players so you have support when you say "If you try to kill this innocent man for literally no reason I will stop you"
>I'm chaotic Neutral

:?
XSI

Post by XSI » #294007

Chaotic neutral does not mean stupid

But yes. It is always fine to go "If you do that I will beat the shit out of you and call the guards". Easiest thing to explain it with is being a paladin, protect the people and all.
Otherwise, you can just say that you refuse to travel with randomly murdering people because you've got a reputation, and you don't want to be hunted by the guards because they couldn't keep their murderboner in their pants
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #294010

XSI wrote:Chaotic neutral does not mean stupid

But yes. It is always fine to go "If you do that I will beat the shit out of you and call the guards". Easiest thing to explain it with is being a paladin, protect the people and all.
Otherwise, you can just say that you refuse to travel with randomly murdering people because you've got a reputation, and you don't want to be hunted by the guards because they couldn't keep their murderboner in their pants
This is one of the better options, but can't he just valid you then?
XSI

Post by XSI » #294070

That's when the GM is supposed to tell them to stop being lelrandumb

Plus, it helps if you're wearing heavy armour and are good at defence, like paladins often are
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #294085

Bring back papercult.

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #294090

Wyzack wrote:Tell the GM you are concerned about this. Play a good-aligned character, be on good terms with the other players so you have support when you say "If you try to kill this innocent man for literally no reason I will stop you"
I also expect RP to be hippiestation levels of quality, so I'll try this, but there's only so much she can do
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #294181

A GIRL Dungeon Master? Woooow
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #294182

I mean she can literally say "stop derailing my game with your random murder you dumb cunt, it's not nearly as funny as you think it is"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #294187

Wyzack wrote:I mean she can literally say "stop derailing my game with your random murder you dumb cunt, it's not nearly as funny as you think it is"
fwiw I sent my + your post to her and she said "yeah, do what you want, don't worry, I have it planned"

I'm not 100% convinced but hey what can you do
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #294220

Well its something. At the very least she will likely account for it and not let the game get ruined by one shitter
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #294313

>LEL I KILL THIS RANDOM SHOPKEEPER
>"Unfortunately the shop is right next to the local watchhouse. Rallied by the shopkeeper's desparate cries to spare his life, a dozen city guards storm into the shop."
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #294517

it's her/THAT GUY's first time properly playing dnd so we'll see how it goes

meanwhile I've played 4e before but the game was cancelled because teenagers are flaky as shit and it's ridiculous
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #295332

update

>guy I'm not a big fan of has been posting shiity "respect women" memes all day
>me and GM are 110% done with him
>guy in question begins to see how far he can toe the line and wants his character to "respect women because other dwarves don't"
>he's actually trying to tell the GM how the world works for his awful meme that no one but him likes
>call him out
>he falls back on the "wow dude why are you so mad???? do u not respect women??? XD" defense
>GM lays down ground rules, one of which is "no low effort memes"
>thank fuck

later

>sit down to make character
>come up with relatively standard backstory, half-elf who's parents are ???, raised by dwarves
>(his name is Roberto because the dwarves thought that was an elvish name)
>relatively pleased with it but I need to replace the two melee weapons I start out with for a single longsword for backstory reasons
>GM is giving everyone one item they can start with to enhance backstory/etc. with the exception of weapons
>explain, she says we'll "discuss it", I probably won't even get to use it at level 1 because my strength is 10, apparently
>the guy discussed in above posts (not respect women guy) sends me his character sheet
>it's the GM but with her name slightly changed
>the backstory is entirely one big reference to the GM
>I'm not at all surprised
>he asks me "what's wrong with it bro?????????"
>everyone seems intent on using their shitty behavior gimmick today it seems
>ask GM if she's seen his sheet
>"yes, it's perfect, why"
>it's hilarious for that guy to use a literal 4th wall break (or at least lean on it) but me replacing two swords for a longsword is something worth discussion

i'm already uneasy

shaps wanted his special item to be a .45 with no ammo and no one (in character) knows what it is which made me laugh
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #295352

Qbopper wrote: >it's hilarious for that guy to use a literal 4th wall break (or at least lean on it) but me replacing two swords for a longsword is something worth
hmmmmmmmmm