Isekai Thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Isekai Thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #635902

The brother of High Science Fiction is High Fantasy.

Isekai is peak fiction and you should be reading or watching it!
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Isekai Thread

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #635913

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:51 pm The brother of High Science Fiction is High Fantasy.

Isekai is peak fiction and you should be reading or watching it!
The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance subsystem uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position that it was, is now the position that it isn't.
In the event that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has acquired a variation, the variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was.
The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows. Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice-versa, and by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called error.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #637095

I do agree that you should give almost every anime a shot, but you can do way better than Isekai

Some of my favourite animes that aren't Isekai or magical
Baki
Jojo
One piece
Megalo box
A certain scientific rail gun/magical index
Another
Code Geass (kinda magical but fuck you)
Death note
Erased
Inuyashiki
Mirai Nikki
Parasyte
Plastic memories
Vivy
Sonny boy (a recommend if you liked paprika)
The detective is already dead
Kamisama ni natta hi
Toradora
Tower of god
Vivy again

Just some examples (composed of a list i personally watched)

You can really do better than Isekai and i will enjoy the moment Isekai will lose their domination on the market.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637117

The last good isekai anime was Vision of Escaflowne (1996)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #637119

Timonk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 pm You can really do better than Isekai and i will enjoy the moment Isekai will lose their domination on the market.
If that happens it will be either due to a major historical event or a very similar genre replacing isekai.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #637188

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:20 pm
Timonk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 pm You can really do better than Isekai and i will enjoy the moment Isekai will lose their domination on the market.
If that happens it will be either due to a major historical event or a very similar genre replacing isekai.
Ukranian anime after Ukraine gets nuked
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #637269

Timonk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:39 am
Ukraine was already nuked once
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #637279

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:38 pm
Timonk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:39 am
Ukraine was already nuked once
it needs 2
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637377

Everyone knows it takes two nukes to produce something like anime. You really have to demoralise them.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #637496

Timonk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 pm Some of my favourite animes that aren't Isekai or magical
Tower of god
:? Half the anime you listed had magical elements, and Tower of God is outright high-tier magic fantasy.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637899

Tearling wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:34 pm
Timonk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 pm Some of my favourite animes that aren't Isekai or magical
Tower of god
:? Half the anime you listed had magical elements, and Tower of God is outright high-tier magic fantasy.
this emoji sucks I hate you.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #637902

Isekai is a classic and has been here since wizard of oz/alice in wonderland

Like purple guy it always comes back
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #637912

Undertale is isekai
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #637913

shaft miner is an isekai
► Show Spoiler
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #637968

isekai is lazy and bad and all anime is shit shit shit i hate anime japan is a shit country non lethally allow them safe immigration pathways into all countries in the world and transport them from that brainwave damaging island and sink the island zero casualties thank you
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #638016

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:58 am
Tearling wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:34 pm
Tower of god
this emoji sucks I hate you.
Please :o don't :twisted: hate :roll: me :arrow: because :lol: I'm :idea: beautiful :honkman:
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #638105

Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:08 pm all anime is shit shit shit i hate anime
can you stop saying things i agree with please
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #638675

Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 am shaft miner is an isekai
transported to another world ✔️
funky magic shit ✔️
for all intents and purposes dead in world of origin ✔️
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #639823

I think it shows and preys on a desire by people in our Era to escape from the abuse and drudgery prevalent in modern society.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639825

I honestly can't fucking believe that "Double Otome Isekai" has become an entire genre

I hate this place
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639832

double what
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639840

Timonk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:57 pmdouble what
Double Otome Isekai. Two characters are isekai'd and possess characters from an otome game (female-aimed story game/VN, likely dating-oriented) and generally end up opposing each other, with the conflict usually centered around an unworthy/manipulative character possessing the main character or displacing the main character in the story using their knowledge of the game cues.

It's

An entire

Genre

I HATE it here.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639881

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:04 pm
Double Otome Isekai. Two characters are isekai'd and possess characters from an otome game (female-aimed story game/VN, likely dating-oriented) and generally end up opposing each other, with the conflict usually centered around an unworthy/manipulative character possessing the main character or displacing the main character in the story using their knowledge of the game cues.

It's

An entire

Genre

I HATE it here.

The ones where they turn into the villainess and become a total cinnamon roll are definitely the best ones
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639912

Shadowflame909 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:35 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:04 pm

It's

An entire

Genre

I HATE it here.

The ones where they turn into the villainess and become a total cinnamon roll are definitely the best ones
WE ONLY NEEDED ONE

MAYBE A COUPLE OF IMITATORS/TWISTS

Like there's one where the villainess is chillin' in the same body and watching the new character's old memories from inside her head to pass the time and then she gets betrayed and fucked over anyway, new character BSODs and the old villainess passenger gets control of the body again and goes "OH IT'S ON FUCKERS TIME FOR REVENGE" that I am watching with interest

But

Listen

If I go to MangaDex and search +Isekai +Villainess, I get seven pages

SEVEN PAGES

I WANT OFF MR BONES WILD RIDE
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639913

ALSO YOU WILL NOTICE "VILLAINESS" IS ITS OWN SEARCHABLE TAG
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #639996

just dont read them lol
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640000

PKPenguin321 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:16 pm just dont read them lol
I LITERALLY CAN'T STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

But also I'm just desperately hoping the isekai boom we've been in since fucking SA:O will stop dominating the big-name anime releases, but it just NEVER ENDS

And now SOMETIMES the ISEKAI IS GOOD so the chance of the bubble popping is EVEN LOWER

At least we're outside of the "light novel shovelware chasing the latest trend" cluster for the anime industry, though I cynically say that's probably by necessity since there's so much chaff in the isekai genre.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640002

Im tied between the one where the salary man dad is sucked into his daughters otome game as a villainess or the one where the villainess just goes full street fighter and punches all her problems away
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #640022

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:35 pm

But also I'm just desperately hoping the isekai boom we've been in since fucking SA:O will stop dominating the big-name anime releases, but it just NEVER ENDS

And now SOMETIMES the ISEKAI IS GOOD so the chance of the bubble popping is EVEN LOWER

At least we're outside of the "light novel shovelware chasing the latest trend" cluster for the anime industry, though I cynically say that's probably by necessity since there's so much chaff in the isekai genre.
wtf.. you also read light novels? (I only read ones with goldenfingers)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640032

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:14 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:35 pm

wtf.. you also read light novels? (I only read ones with goldenfingers)
no but like 60% of the shows in the last 5 years are anime adaptations of isekai LNs