MSO is a dictator!

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

MSO is a dictator!

Post by LeekiLoku » #681337

Headmins get traded every 4 months so why cant host get traded? I say we should over throw him.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: MSO is a dictator!

Post by confused rock » #681353

We actually did overthrow a previous tgstation host, scaredofshadows. MSO is genuinely one of the best hosts of any ss13 server. MSO is the server owner who tyrannizes his server the least. It *is* his server, and he *can* do what he wants. He chooses not to abuse it much. All other SS13 hosts "abuse" it regularly, and most don't even consider it abuse. The least tyrannical I've seen is a server where there are 3 equal headmins and one of them hosts the server. no, there were no elections.

Be glad you have MSO.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #681355

I am glad we have MSO, and I do think he's the best at hosting out of any other host due to his skills, I do wish there was a contingency plan. The single role with complete power keeping the server afloat means that if something happens to MSO
/tg/ might fracture, and you know my #1 goal with this community is hopefully having /tg/ be the best server that rises above all the other ones.
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #681363

OH GOD THEY GOT YOU! WE NEED TO REBEL BEFORE THEY ALL LIKE MSO
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #681365

If you think MSO is bad you should see every other SS13 host kek, especially the fallout ones lololol
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #681415

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:47 pm If you think MSO is bad you should see every other SS13 host kek, especially the fallout ones lololol
He might give you the impression of being nice, but the truth is far from it. He stole my dog.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #682352

Is there more or less furries since SoS left?
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #682924

Helios wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 pm Is there more or less furries since SoS left?
Felinids and jumpskirts were added since he took over, he has brought ruin upon us.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #683174

We could not have a better server owner, i can not think of anyone who would replace MSO. Though it would make sense to come up with a emergency step in if MSO was to have medical issues or something was to come up so the server can keep running.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #683296

JusticeGoat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 pm Though it would make sense to come up with a emergency step in if MSO was to have medical issues or something was to come up so the server can keep running.
bobbah
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #683425

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:09 pm
JusticeGoat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 pm Though it would make sense to come up with a emergency step in if MSO was to have medical issues or something was to come up so the server can keep running.
bobbah
ruled themselves out
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #683439

lol people have been talking about "the emergency action" for a decade now methinks
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #683442

if mso dies this place goes up in flames, that's my out, why are you trying to take away my out
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #683564

oranges wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:55 am
bobbah
ruled themselves out

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #683573

bobbahbrown wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:16 am
oranges wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:55 am
bobbah
ruled themselves out

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown
ruled into death
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #683579

Helios wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 pm Is there more or less furries since SoS left?
Oh fuck you're right
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #683703

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:14 pm I am glad we have MSO, and I do think he's the best at hosting out of any other host due to his skills, I do wish there was a contingency plan. The single role with complete power keeping the server afloat means that if something happens to MSO
/tg/ might fracture, and you know my #1 goal with this community is hopefully having /tg/ be the best server that rises above all the other ones.
The problem is anyone with the hardware and skillset to step into his shoes at this point is someone who goes off and makes their own server, because they can just do that. You're right in that there should be a backup plan, because one person having this level of control over things in a way that they are beyond any sort of checks and balances is a terrible idea regardless of current level of benevolence.

It's especially weird considering how well built the power structure of tg is outside of that with the headmin votes/etc.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #684306

you have no fucking idea how lucky you are
go look at other server hosts
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #684411

Ziiro wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:36 pm
Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:14 pm I am glad we have MSO, and I do think he's the best at hosting out of any other host due to his skills, I do wish there was a contingency plan. The single role with complete power keeping the server afloat means that if something happens to MSO
The problem is anyone with the hardware and skillset to step into his shoes at this point is someone who goes off and makes their own server, because they can just do that. You're right in that there should be a backup plan, because one person having this level of control over things in a way that they are beyond any sort of checks and balances is a terrible idea regardless of current level of benevolence.

It's especially weird considering how well built the power structure of tg is outside of that with the headmin votes/etc.

I think the best option, despite how much it would pain me to say it, would be that Oranges takes over in the event of MSO hitting his last blunt. Ten-Thousand years of darkness

At least he would be the front runner in keeping TG a unified entity
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684418

We all know Jordie is next in line as host, followed by that weird Aaron guy I never talked to, then oranges
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #684452

I thought headmins are every 6 months?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #684455

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:03 pm We all know Jordie is next in line as host, followed by that weird Aaron guy I never talked to, then oranges
Where does Secretary of Education sit in the succession plans?
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684467

Presumably immediately before my place in the succession hierarchy

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #684659

Watch all qualms of succession be silenced.

Dibs on /TG/station!
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #684819

i remember one host named an0n3
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #684831

We're going to have a CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684902

Call John Oxford. He's our only hope now.

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #685280

Yall are cunts
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med