things wot we made

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

things wot we made

Post by WineAllWine » #681520

Please either share a cool hobby thing you've made or tell us about some fun hobby thing you did!

I knitted these as presents for friends/ family
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Re: things wot we made

Post by WineAllWine » #681521

I mostly knitted these while adminning on Terry, so if you were playing on Terry and didn't need an admin - these are dedicated to you
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #681774

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:27 pm I mostly knitted these while adminning on Terry, so if you were playing on Terry and didn't need an admin - these are dedicated to you
o7
they look cute, how long did it take to make them?

not sure if this counts because it was technically just a very open-ended assignment but i made a VR application in Unity where frogs hop around and you can pick them up and put them back down again
Unity is pretty neat once you get the hang of it, i still need to get around to trying to make a game instead of just playing them
froggysim.png
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #681806

I've been working on a dungeon-crawler Soulslike in my spare time for a while now. I'm not amazing at animation, so recently I've been writing what is essentially an IK system to automatically animate leg angles based on desired foot positions. Here's an image of the player in a knight armor set standing next to a skeleton: Image

Also, how long does it take you to knit those on average?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #681819

kawoppi wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:23 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:27 pm I mostly knitted these while adminning on Terry, so if you were playing on Terry and didn't need an admin - these are dedicated to you
o7
they look cute, how long did it take to make them?

not sure if this counts because it was technically just a very open-ended assignment but i made a VR application in Unity where frogs hop around and you can pick them up and put them back down again
Unity is pretty neat once you get the hang of it, i still need to get around to trying to make a game instead of just playing them
froggysim.png
Each maybe an hour a day for about 3 weeks? I was a novice though; I reckon I could do it a lot faster now