Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by ThanatosRa » #177856

Bottom post of the previous page:

well good news on my end. The shitstorm was partly miscommunication and not caring about details. They still need our help to clear the queue, but it should be less of a demand now that they understand that our phones don't have to be open for us to receive customers and we use a system that's not tied to the phones at all. All they were claiming they saw was "Not Ready". And not that we're in a specific not ready state. Hopefully this idiocy will be solved entirely soon.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177871

EndgamerAzari wrote:I know it's basically just learning a new language, just one that talks to machines instead of people.
You missed my point. It's just a matter of learning a new language when you already know how to program. For your first programming language, you also have to learn programming itself, which significantly complicates things.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #177874

That's true, but I guess I'm seeing main main barrier to entry as the language/languages. It's like the key the opens the mental door to actually be able to learn how to use them.

Did that make any sense? I think I'm hungover.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #177906

EndgamerAzari wrote:Jesus Christ, I'm so bad at this.

I'm only 40% of the way through CodeCademy's JavaScript program and I keep forgetting everything. I don't know if I can actually handle real programming.

BLUUUUUHHHHHH I SHOULD GIVE UP
dont worry my man i coded some things for this game a few times and while i was in coderbus i got some dank coder memes leaked to me, and it turns out that 90% of shit you don't have to remember half the time since you just google it/ask somebody else
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #177907

Its more like learning a different dialect than a whole other language.
Actually, probably easier than that even - fucking teacakes.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177940

Every time I switch between C++ and Java I have to reeducate myself about how arrays and arraylists/vectors work in the other language, and right now I would not be able to write a class in C++ if my life depended on it.

By the way, funny that you should mention keys, because keys is actually how I visualize variable types. Say you have a function int doShit(int a, String b). This function basically has two keyholes. The only types of keys that fits in the first keyhole are integer key,s a variable of type int. The second keyhole only takes String keys. Because the function is of type int, it can also be used as an int key itself, and you can even pass it directly as an input to itself.

So you could call it like:

Code: Select all

doShit(doShit(1, "marco"), "one day while andy was...")
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #178095

I had an old roommate who's a professional developer help me with a couple of my issues last night. Talk about standing on the shoulders of giants! Even though it was kindergarten-level stuff, it felt so gratifying to be able to communicate on the same wavelength. I can tell I'm already starting to be able to think the right way, even if I don't know what the hell any of it means most of the time.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178126

my phd application got accepted

whaddup im going 2 become Doctor
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #178128

ColonicAcid wrote:im gay
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178131

Maccus wrote:hello would u like to talk about how i learned to accept the dick up my boom boom hole and now i not only enjoy it i actively seek it out thank you and god bless
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #178132

ColonicAcid wrote:as a brazillian all i do is rob tourists at gunpoint and play TIBIA, when i'm not huffing peepees that is
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178134

Maccus wrote:as a proud texas mexican i enjoy eating tex mex and when i need to go to the toilet i pretend to be a hot rod as i shit out literal fire poop all over the neighbourhood
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #178136

ColonicAcid wrote: i enjoy eating shit literal fire poop
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178137

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #178138

Grats on that colonic, what are you gonna be studying?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178139

It's still biological chemistry.

Probably to do with protein delivery systems maybe.
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #178140

ColonicAcid wrote:It's still biological chemistry.

Probably to do with protein delivery systems maybe. Like when my boyfriend's weiner delivers protein into my mouth
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178141

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #178154

Is wearing more leather than boots, a jacket, and gloves (but only when its cold) still considered to be massively gay?
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #178159

I think everyone's too preoccupied with contemplating their own inevitable death to really care that much.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #178163

What else could you wear that's leather?
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #178164

Full leather pants might get you some strange looks, admittedly, unless you've gone full biker.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178168

Maccus wrote:What else could you wear that's leather?
assless chaps obviously....

its almost like ur not gay lol

also my dick will go harder than mount fucking everest when women wear leather trousers hOYL SHIT
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #178172

u tak that bak coLOSER acid
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #178185

The music in that movie is so fuckin' baller. When it came out, back when I was in high school, damn near every other marching band was doing a show based on it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #178213

IN a self loathing spat again. I know i'm an obnoxious, loud, emotional asshole sometimes and especially at work. I need to stop, but I can't figure out how ot trick myself into the effort.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #178355

Maybe the bit on the back of the box of antihistamines wasn't lying when it said don't exceed the dosage and don't consume alcohol.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178356

That's a great way to get super sick.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #178463

>Sister gets rid of our cable, has them upgrade our router and stuff
>Get worse up/down speeds than before

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, decided to bite the bullet and bought 100 feet of cable instead

Fuck this place for not having an integrated system

I THINK I fixed it

The upload speed is a bit wonky, though I can tolerate that
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #178505

Take the pictured download speed, divide by 35

Upload was slightly better, at 3 mb/s
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #178511

I tried all my multiplayer games and didn't notice the upload fucking with me

My phone gets 50/50 right next to the router, so I don't even know what's up
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #178533

I bought an exercise bike because I was getting fat and I don't want to have a real bike that will just get stolen

uni life is hard
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #178539

Malkevin wrote:
420weedscopes wrote:maybe you? should get used to it? aren't you a cog of The Machine now?
Worn the damn things for 10 years, they have never gotten comfy, if anything they've gotten more uncomfortable as time has past due to the impact of crappy eating and being glued to a chair all day, everyday.
Maaan that was a great thing about that time I went to Australia. They don't do ties. A tie is not a thing I saw in person over there. Even when I grabbed temp office jobs for some roobux before heading out travelling.
The temp agency handed out a list of interview tips to improve chances of getting the job, and one of the tips was to remember to wear shoes to the interview.
Not to wear smart, polished shoes - just wearing shoes at all.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #178565

I only ever wear bowties.
I would wear cravats, but I'm not quite that old.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #178569

Ran a 5K with my brother tonight. Time was 25:03. Not bad, I suppose.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #178615

Screemonster wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
420weedscopes wrote:maybe you? should get used to it? aren't you a cog of The Machine now?
Worn the damn things for 10 years, they have never gotten comfy, if anything they've gotten more uncomfortable as time has past due to the impact of crappy eating and being glued to a chair all day, everyday.
Maaan that was a great thing about that time I went to Australia. They don't do ties. A tie is not a thing I saw in person over there. Even when I grabbed temp office jobs for some roobux before heading out travelling.
The temp agency handed out a list of interview tips to improve chances of getting the job, and one of the tips was to remember to wear shoes to the interview.
Not to wear smart, polished shoes - just wearing shoes at all.
Oh ties, fuck ties.
Only thing they're good for is a makeshift noose

Luckily I don't wear a tie in my job.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #178706

So I got rid of those damn 15 kg and became skinny - yay! I can change shit in my life.
Then, when I try to get some muscles by lifting dem irons, my body is ayylmao, lolno u no changin anyfin, kek. :|
Also, 21 year - no uni degree, no uni, meanwhile in my country everyone, his wife, aunt and dog, and even hedgehog have uni degrees.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #178723

skellington master race represent. Also a slim black tie is the epitome of class
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178737

>slim black tie

?????
if ur fucking BORING yeah.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #178768

Colonic knows what's up.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #178802

[youtube]UGOGpbY2fvw[/youtube]

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #178837

Twat does not rhyme with Knot.
Twat rhymes with Bat, all I hear from americans when they try to say that is Twot, why can't you say it right?

Edit: this comes off harsher than I mean it to but it's late so idk really how to make it less harsh.
私は完璧
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #178849

American English and British English have been slowly diverging for about as long as American English has been a thing

Dropping the U's from a lot of our words was actually just being cheap bastards, though
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #178850

I mean, I guess I could see Twot coming from Swat? but still that's really not how you say Twat lol.
私は完璧
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #178858

Eh, it's a divergent dialect. It happens.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #179050

This is fucking bizarre.

Apparently, while I am jealous of my brother for being slim and lean, he wishes he had MY body type so he could get FUCKING MASSIVE. Genetics pulled the ol' switcheroo on us both.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #179054

Quick, transplant your heads onto each other's bodies

I watched a medical show once, guarantee it'll work
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #179056

Takeguru wrote:Quick, transplant your heads onto each other's bodies

No that's dumb! The smart choice would be to have a fist fight with your brother on top of a bipedal tank while you complain about superior and inferior genes.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #179090

That's metal gear isn't it?
私は完璧
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #179103

Remie Richards wrote:That's metal gear isn't it?

Yes, yes it is. Solid if you want to be exact.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #179110

Takeguru wrote:Quick, transplant your heads onto each other's bodies

[youtube]R2BxGOdYm8U[/youtube]