Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Wyzack » #196559

Bottom post of the previous page:

If Anon3 posts it i will post my pasty skellington ribs
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #196563

Remie Richards wrote:I don't cook.

Learn to cook, even if it's just eggs or something. Do whatever it takes to not be a dependant of the man, because when he takes that precious teat away the world gets a lot more colder and the vultures get a lot more bolder. Ya dig?

Also I can't drink milk, I can barely stand smelling the stuff. I'll use it for cooking though fo' sho'.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #196566

oranges wrote:Stop fishing for compliments and post the pic you blueballing fuck
I'm not fishing for compliments and I don't want to post pictures of myself.

But yeah what Galv said. Cooking is fun and really rewarding. When you're eating something that actually tastes good and is really filling and you're like "I made that!" it's nice. You can save a LOT of money and eat great if you just put the effort into planning ahead a few meals and buying the ingredients to some things.

I live by myself, only ever feed/cook for myself, so I cook a lot of really simple nutrition shit. Lots of lean meats, beans, rice, salads, some pastas. I'll make a desert every once in a while but I'm not huge on sweets and stuff like that. If I'm hungry I would rather just eat more of the main course than fill up on garbage afterwards.

I do still have a sweet tooth for candy and junk food though. Pizzas and fast food I can't say no to. I try to restrict my snacking to fruit and nuts though. Get a ton of peanuts, bags of apples, stuff like that.

I want to experiment making my own pemmican and granola since I've been playing too much Cataclysm and I keep thinking "Yo I could do this". I would love to homebrew beer for the craft of it but I don't let myself drink anymore so no go on that.

Being able to go into the kitchen with a bunch of basic stuff and put a good meal together is like, the #1 most attractive thing to a lot of people, guys and girls alike. It shows that you have some amount of responsibility, that you can provide, that you're not filthy, etc.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #196589

and I only use milk for cereal/a drink, which semi-skimmed is perfect for.
So why does your IRC nick always change to Remie|Cooking when you're getting food then?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196593

Easier to type than Remie|Kebab-Shop

And get a slow cooker, best way to make easy and cheap meals for yourself that are tasty and aren't full of shit.
Live off chilli, freeze the leftovers and nuke them all week.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196615

I want to say we have had discussion on the topic of slow cookers/crock pots before and decided that they're fucking amazing.

They're great and the only thing I don't think you can do with one is bake a cake. I'm probably wrong about that.

Yes I am wrong about that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196629

I got a crock pot for Christmas a couple years ago and everything I tried to make in it came out bad. It was edible, it just didn't come out right. It's so fucking frustrating when you keep trying over and over and every recipe turns out mundo garbo.

Plus it doesn't even have an adjustable timer, just 4 different time settings what the hell
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196633

Most of the units I've ever owned have just had a temperature dial and you have to keep track of the time on something else.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #196634

An0n3 wrote:I think I might go buy a Moto G4+ today how does that make you feel?
i have bought the same
phone bros
EndgamerAzari wrote:
420weedscopes wrote:THAT FUCKERS ONE IS SO GOOD
I WON BOTH
GOOD
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196635

PHONE BROS
13754218_10101790610509225_2075882685272144883_n.jpg
While I was buying my phone I accidentally talked another lady who was shopping for phones into buying one too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #196637

Thunder11 wrote:
and I only use milk for cereal/a drink, which semi-skimmed is perfect for.
So why does your IRC nick always change to Remie|Cooking when you're getting food then?
It's mostly me doing the dishes while something cooks in the microwave, and then I add things like melted cheese to it.
I've said before it's not really "cooking" (especially because as before, about 50% of it is just doing dishes)
Malkevin wrote:Easier to type than Remie|Kebab-Shop
Literally never had a kebab.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196638

If any of you pieces of shit are looking for a new ringtone I'll share mine with you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxlfnmagt85mc ... e.mp3?dl=0
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196652

Fug
FUG

The pre-course homework for the Software Guild starts today and I'm already shitting bricks with panic
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #196661

I completely filled my freezer last night, I am now prepared for night shifts for the next... fuck knows, however long it takes for me to get bored of chilli, tikka masala and bouillabaise.
I should make and freeze some rice as well but those microwave bags are only 50p so fuck it.

I need to add some more things to my repertoire of "shit I can just make an entire stockpot of and live off for the next month" 'cause while I do like cooking and pretty much refuse on general principle to eat ready meals, some meals don't scale up too well.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196666

Going to head out the door in a sec to a job interview. There's a position at a local electronics lab repairing and reissuing all sorts of different doodads for a couple different industries.

My synth business has made money and continues to do so but it's just highly irregular and causes me a lot of stress still trying to figure out bills and food and stuff when you can't plan on any money being around for sure. Having a steady paycheck will fix all that as well as providing more fuel to make that project grow.

In addition, working there will build up some core skills I need to keep sharp for my own business. It's a good source of both pay and practice for the technical skills I'm making my bread and butter on.

Wish me luck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196668

Get it fam
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #196669

Ya got dis Anon! You're like, the best!
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #196671

You can feel free to use this forum as a reference on your resume. I will be expecting a forum pm from your soon to be employers asking me about your qualifications
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #196674

I support that

Fun fact, in some countries being SS13 admin is legally equal to lower/middle management experience. Check your local laws to see if 2d spessmans is actually an investment into your future
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #196676

An0n3 wrote:PHONE BROS

also good background

edit
Hello,
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed.
h y p e
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196710

Yeah it's a great phone. One complaint:

You can access the camera even if the phone is locked up, so someone can take your phone and take all the dick picks they want with it. I'm pretty sure this works for ALL the gestures you setup so be careful with that.

On the flipside the gestures are pretty cool. You can program different motions with the phone to do different things so like snapping it 90 degrees to the side and then back upright might bring you right into text messages or whatever.

Also it has a fingerprint reader right on the front. Recommend scanning your right thumb with it as a lock so you can unlock your phone by just touching your thumb to it instead of using a bunch of gestures, patterns, or a number combo.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #196729

*rant about how you shouldn't store biometric data in a smartphone*

I did it too though
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #196731

I reported some basic bitch at work for fucking with a disabled coworker and she spread rumors I got fired during my days off.

Her face when I come in and she gets pulled into the directors office.

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #196739

What did she do to that disabled guy?

And why the shit would anyone start a rumour like that?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #196741

She mocked him and spread rumors about him. I work for a third-party company so she's an idiot for saying I got fired on the spot by their boss, especially when I'm still signing in on the logs. The director can ask me to leave but he didn't say anything to me.

She's on her last strike now which is cool.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #196779

Spider has crawled into my den of black wires below my computer.
I guess I'll see you guys in a week?
私は完璧
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196812

spiders aren't to be feared

didn't you learn anything from that episode of peppa pig that got banned in australia for telling children that spiders aren't to be feared?
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #196822

we in there

also an0n I lied to you I didn't get the plus so I don't even have a fingerprint reader
this thing is probably not even going to leave my house
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196830

>Buying a phone so expensive you don't want to take it out of your house.

Might as well use the landline your ISP insists on you paying for to access the internets
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196839

last time I actually had a handset plugged into my landline I found that I was two swapped digits away from a taxi company's number

after a very short while I stopped bothering to tell clubbers at 3am that they had the wrong number and just started telling them the taxi was on the way
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #196844

Screemonster wrote:spiders aren't to be feared

didn't you learn anything from that episode of peppa pig that got banned in australia for telling children that spiders aren't to be feared?
Spoiler:
[youtube]jzUqt7iZIuQ[/youtube]
Malkevin wrote:>Buying a phone so expensive you don't want to take it out of your house.

Might as well use the landline your ISP insists on you paying for to access the internets
we've had a landline my whole life, and use it quite often too. probably because my family isn't big on the cellphone game and it took like 8 years to even get an android tracphone.
XSI

Post by XSI » #196846

Over here, spiders are bros

They stop mosquitos and they just sorta sit in a corner being all "Don't mind me, just eating those parasites that want your blood"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #196853

Me and spiders have a working relationship. If they are outside i will not fuck with them. If they are inside then they better make a damn good effort to stay entirely out of my sight, lest they be killed.

For whatever reason i dont find the fuzzy jumping spiders scary at all. Probably has something to do with all the closeups of their cute faces i have seen
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196857

also maaan, this last couple of days.

It's been shitty and rainy pretty much all year and mother nature has decided to give us all of July's sun at once.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #196866

Doth I sense a britfag?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196868

indeedy
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196909

I feel like someone beat me all around the lower torso with a Wiffle bat filled with sand. It should not be possible to be this out of shape!
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196920

I've had this weird cough the last couple days and it seems to be getting worse?

Not really sure what's up with that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #196923

As a six billion people said in Stephen King's "The Stand." there is nothing worse than a summertime cold
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196944

Just got a call with a job offer. Neato. Taking it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196946

Holy shit, the day after the interview? Congratulations!
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #196949

Screemonster wrote:
Spoiler:
indeedy
SCOOOOOOOOTLAAAAAAAAND
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196955

What a nice castle behind that big ugly fucking gray thing.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #196957

Malkevin wrote:>Buying a phone so expensive you don't want to take it out of your house.
considering it's a phone for recording on
yeah i don't think i'll be going to The Local Park (12 miles away) to fuckin record a goddamn let's play
get out

an0n some apps will take over The Whole Screen subsequently erasing my back/menu buttons
how the heck do i get back to the menu from that
i've kind of walked around the wall by locking and unlocking the phone then quickly menuing out but surely there's like a Button Combination right
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196958

Huh? Apps like what? What are you using that does that?

My favorite part of the phone so far is the slow motion feature. Taking those kinds of videos used to take a ton of really expensive equipment ages ago so I'm just super impressed to have that on my $250 phone.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #196961

i have a samsung galaxy s3 and i'm thinking about getting a new phone because i'm like 90% sure the battery has deteriorated into nothingness
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #196966

My previous phone was from 2011, so I really needed the upgrade.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196976

This is bullllshiiiiiit

I'm over 40 pounds overweight and my body completely freaks out if I don't eat for three hours. Like, full-on shakes and sweating and feeling like I gotta pee all the time. Why the FUCK am I carrying around all this fat if I start starving in less than a quarter of a day?!
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
XSI

Post by XSI » #196991

If you can not do less food in, do more exercise to get that energy out?

I may not be in shape, but at least my body doesn't try to start a nations round if I don't eat for a few hours
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196992

Man, I exercise every day--I usually go to the gym five times a week, and I walk at least five miles total a day. It's not like tweaker shakes--it's like "diabetic episode" shakes. I'm not diabetic or anything like that, so I don't know what the hell it is. It blows when you're trying to lose weight and your body freaks out when you're not gorging yourself.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196998

420weedscopes wrote:
considering it's a phone for recording on
yeah i don't think i'll be going to The Local Park (12 miles away) to fuckin record a goddamn let's play
get out
No, you get out.
And buy a webcam and a delicious nvidia card capable of running shadowplay

Its hot, the wind has stopped.
Moisture is descending from the sky.
This is me
[youtube]_tDUwNjw7ms[/youtube]
Last edited by Malkevin on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.