Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Qbopper » #278277

Bottom post of the previous page:

oh I know you can buy premium but I don't have the time to consistently log on within my membership and make stuff to sell, nor do I find it overly interesting - it's not that it's not possible, I just don't really want to do it, I'd rather pay $30 or whatever once and have a game I can play whenever I want with no issues

I was afraid I'd miss the sense of community but the server I usually play on feels like WO anyways so it's never been a big deal to me
Limey wrote:its too late.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #278314

i guess that's a good reason to get unlimited instead of choring on online
do you have time to spare? no? wu
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #278348

I had a really painful dream about a friend who killed himself last year and one I lost not long ago.

Shoot me, desu.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278474

DrPillzRedux wrote:I had a really painful dream about a friend who killed himself last year and one I lost not long ago.

Shoot me, desu.
that's unfortunate to hear, I can sympathize with having dreams about rough shit that's happened IRL, sorry man
420weedscopes wrote:i guess that's a good reason to get unlimited instead of choring on online
do you have time to spare? no? wu
yeah I love the persistence of WO and how it takes actual work to be well known for stuff/make things, but WU is nice when you can't dedicate that level of time to the game

WU is still challenging/rewarding imo, but there is a difference
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #278522

420weedscopes wrote: that map is four kilometres squared
Xanadu is 32
you need a one-time teleport, especially when you're recruiting - our settlement is a two hour boat ride from the nearest starter town, and that's with perfect winds the whole way
I can see why you'd need a teleport then
Has Wurm actually gone up in playercount over the years?
It's just java, and they've not really done that much to change the game from what I know, so I don't know if they actually had anything going on

I'll keep you in mind for when/if I ever want to return to Wurm though, good memories of that game, though it took forever and I was drowned in work and didn't get to do anything fun.
Just had to keep working since literally nobody else on my half of the server did tailoring/leatherworking on a quality above 50, and we needed that to pay for the deed for a massively oversized town with at one point only 3 people in it
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278532

Wurm has only gotten more popular as time goes on, there's a fucking ton of maps beyond GV/freedom/wild now and most of them are connected via boat

there's been a lot of QOL changes from my experience
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #278695

XSI wrote:Has Wurm actually gone up in playercount over the years?
sort of
it's sitting at around 400-1000 players depending on the time
Qbopper wrote:there's been a lot of QOL changes from my experience
uh huh
here are the maps

testing
golden valley (some players still just hang out on here though)

freedom (pve save one)
independence
deliverance
exodus
celebration
pristine
release
xanadu
chaos (pvp)

epic (pvp, skills start at 50)
affliction
desertion
elevation
serenity

it is possible to right click your ship and Plot Course to a certain island, then when you cross a border you're on the opposite border of that island
this means if you wanted to sail from indy to cele you don't have to sail for literal days
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278914

I think I had a GV account kicking around at some point, I should have sold it
XSI

Post by XSI » #279083

I suppose Wurm is stable, at least

I've been wanting to play a similar game lately, but I just can't like the UI and interface of Wurm anymore. Even SS13 has a better interface for most things from what I remember
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #279137

there's a different wooden-looking UI if you'd prefer that
i'm a classic boy though
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #279156

420weedscopes wrote:there's a different wooden-looking UI if you'd prefer that
i'm a classic boy though
first thing I change in the options every time tbh
XSI wrote:I suppose Wurm is stable, at least

I've been wanting to play a similar game lately, but I just can't like the UI and interface of Wurm anymore. Even SS13 has a better interface for most things from what I remember
May have been the case back in the day but ez mode stuff like the crafting window have made this untrue, you can basically add shit to a little GUI box, select what you're making, and press a button to auto queue the action as many times as you have the mind logic for
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #279771

Had another blood test.
Yet another hole in my arm.
私は完璧
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #279851

My head hurts because I've been pounding it against a wall the past two days. I'm starting to get a little dizzy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #279913

Super Aggro Crag wrote:My head hurts because I've been pounding it against a wall the past two days. I'm starting to get a little dizzy.
shouldnt do that
CosmicScientist wrote:"You scored an 8 on the questionnaire. That means you have minor depression."
"As you're travelling home next week I can't do anything. See your GP down there."

Drugs were offered verbally, twice. I said no to both because my issues are long standing and not something I just need to reach the end of the tunnel on.
fuck depression
youre a buff boi just kick depression's ass
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #279940

I'm conducting an experiment.
So far the results are:
People suck I have no friends.
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #280012

Spoiler:
i thought we were friends ;_;
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #280024

You don't even consider your fellow spacemen your friends? That's cold.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #280105

Remie Richards wrote:I'm conducting an experiment.
So far the results are:
Atleasr you aren't fucking bald remie you hair having goober
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #280184

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:I'm conducting an experiment.
So far the results are:
Atleasr you aren't fucking bald remie you hair having goober
Would you rather have gone prematurely grey?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #280213

reposting from shed
PKPenguin321 wrote:ay fuck depression
everybody in here's saying how fucked up they are and i got a shitload of friends with it irl too
lost a couple friends to it as well and now another's come to me and confided in me that hey guess what he's depressed too and is scared he'll kill himself
is this a common thing or do i just attract depressed people? i wish i could help them out better but when somebody's depressed there just doesnt seem like theres anything to do. i want to do more than give them pity or wave them off with "see a therapist" (that's not to say i dont recommend a therapist though).
how do you help depressed people? ???
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #280230

Every night I pray that I die in my sleep and yet I am still disappointed. I hate my life and everyone in it. All my friends are a bunch of selfish traitors and I hope they get aids. If I have to listen to one more histrionic rant about how you're the saddest person alive because mike pence is gonna steal your hrt and electrocute you until you don't want to eat pussy (doesn't even make any fucking sense because you have a fucking cock you dipshit) I am going to blow up the ocean. Or bitching about people not letting trannies into bathrooms in south Carolina or some shit because guess what you don't live there and also you don't even leave your fucking house so I don't see how you'd ever need a public bathroom. Having friends that are different orientations, race, or gender identity than you is a fucking chore you have to listen to them piss and cry constantly and they need constant reassurance but when you've been struggling financially and living out on the street for almost a year they just shrug their shoulders and say they can't help you because they need to buy more guns to protect against the terfs/white people/straights. Fucking useless mongs and their fucking spergbux, I hope every democrap dies so these scum don't get paid free money to watch tron every day whereas I have to cut myself down to 3 meals a week to keep out of the rain.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #280256

no one thing works for every depressed person
it is unfortunately a case by case basis and even worse so many people simply never get cured
i was lucky and solved it with some pills to get me off the ground and then a stranger on the internet told me some magic words and i just realized everything was fine now
therapy is a suggestion medication is a suggestion a hobby is a suggestion the mountains are a suggestion listening to other's stories and experiences is a suggestion
absolutely try all of these and if they don't work then try harder or try something different
that's the only thing i can say for certain

some anti-depressants and "he threw his pills in the french lake" won't work for everyone
XSI

Post by XSI » #280270

Thats the thing with pills for it
Brain chemistry is different for everyone, and those pills are a gamble. They can work and give you enough motivation and energy to work through things and all, or they can make it worse. Or they just have no effect and after x months its time to move on to other pills to see if those work.

Shit kinda sucks, there is no way to help a depressed person 100%. Pills or no pills
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #280320

Depression brings about physical changes in your brain. Fortunately your brain is very malleable, and the damage will revert over time. But it takes a lot of time. That's why depression is a downward spiral and why it is so hard to snap out of, even when everything else in your life is back to normal.

So remember: when you feel generally miserable and don't really see the point in life, it's your brain chemistry trying to make you kill yourself. Are you going to let a few neurons ruin it for the rest?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #280328

I wouldn't be depressed if people would give me a bunch of money
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #280355

Ricotez wrote:
Spoiler:
almost 7 days rico!

hurts tbh.
私は完璧
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #280368

XSI wrote:Shit kinda sucks, there is no way to help a depressed person 100%. Pills or no pills
literally what did i just fucking say
CosmicScientist wrote:I drew a thing this evening.
nice
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #280387

"May cause suicidal tendencies"

A common side effected printed on anti-depressants.
Just what you need right?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #280391

I wonder if that's just a correlation because they're usually given to depressed people and they listed it as a side effect for legal reasons.

I've never been depressed and I don't usually get sad about things so I don't know how to help people who are depressed.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #280397

I forget the technical term for the phenomena but basically some people are just too depressed and apathetic to even bother killing themselves. However, once the depression starts to improve they hit a point where they are still miserable, but are better enough that they can muster the motivation to end it.
XSI

Post by XSI » #280402

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I wouldn't be depressed if people would give me a bunch of money
Studies say this is...Partially true
Money helps up to a certain amount, then after that it stops helping
This amount is higher than what a majority of people earn, so it can be generalized that there are an unknown amount of depression cases out there that are at the least started by a lack of money, or worsened by such a lack of funds.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #280404

XSI wrote:Crag is correct.
XSI

Post by XSI » #280405

Yes. Crag is indeed right
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #280583

Remie Richards wrote:
Ricotez wrote:
Spoiler:
almost 7 days rico!

hurts tbh.
I'm confused now, what's going on?
Spoiler:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #280584

Crag is always correct
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #280615

oranges wrote:I've never been depressed and I don't usually get sad about things so I don't know how to help people who are depressed.
most people don't realize this and just do stupid fucking shit to try and help someone depressed like say "HURR WHY R U SO SAD CHEER UP :DDD" so you're already helping by not begin a fucking dimwitted idiot

can you tell I REALLY hate people that do that
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #280735

Malkevin wrote:Just what you need right?
the majority of anti-depressants will make you more depressed as you start to take them
and then make you more manic
and then slowly balance between the two
so yes it's what you need
Cherrypone
Byond Username: Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #281157

CosmicScientist wrote:Aye, being told by me own mammy to be happy is not a happy time.
being guilted into being happy is some of the fucking worst shit someone can pull.
"just cheer up!!!" may be retarded and insulting but atleast it doesn't make things fucking worse, or atleast not by the same margin
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #281356

Channel 5 in the uk is showing Watership Down.

I can't wait for the news articles tomorrow about the outraged parents that plonked their kids down in front of what they thought was just a cute cartoon about bunnies.
Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #281377

keep us updated
also
>Watership Down on Easter
Hahaha whew
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #281379

They should follow it up with Fire and Ice
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #281405

There is zero things wrong with making children watch Watership Down.

It has always been a children's novel, yeah sure, it explores violence and shit, but yo that's life man. It's a childrens retelling of the Odyssey and the Illiad,
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #281407

Doesn't mean parents won't complain
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #282028

motherFUCK
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #282490

Filed my taxes. Hope I did it all right.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #282492

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Filed my taxes. Hope I did it all right.
worst case scenario you didn't and they let you know, I suppose

ok that isn't WORST case but you know
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #282594

mr speaker, we are for the big
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #282813

Waaaah
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #283253

CosmicScientist wrote:Home now. Ate most of a chocolate egg. Regretting consuming so much chocolate.
How big are those eggs?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #283317

Car went in for its MOT today, passed it but been told the head gasket is going - 500 quid to fix that :(
Think its time to send my poor fiesta to the grave yard.