Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #88562

Bottom post of the previous page:

Remie Richards wrote:I've been coughing all day and my throat hurts.
Brilliant.
Well what do you think you should stop doing?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #88563

breathing? :P

Edit:
INCOMING GROSS:
Well I've just coughed up mucus, it's not all of it, I can feel some more, but it's much less painful to cough now, still just as regular sadly.
私は完璧
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #88668

I misclicked and marked the whole forum as read
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #88787

it takes me like several minutes to take my shoes on and off because suede hightops are an abomination in the eyes of god
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88789

nsos wrote:paid internship
Next you're going to claim you caught a unicorn.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #89077

It sure is a nice Canadian Holiday today.

We get at least one long weekend a month up here. It's pretty great.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89087

Fuggew

Though we have next Monday off for Memorial Day so I guess I shouldn't complain BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL I WILL

This previous weekend was a three-day one for me, because I got a free day off for the month of my birthday, but I spent it at a boring-ass Continuing Legal Education seminar followed by two days of helping my friends move.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #89151

I have aspergers syndrome.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #89155

qwert wrote:I have aspergers syndrome.
Okay.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89156

qwert wrote:I have aspergers syndrome.
That sucks. Did you just get diagnosed?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #89157

Good fucking god why are hot pockets like fucking napalm twenty minutes after you nuke them

E: The world needs pulled pork hot pockets
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89181

I discovered this shit this weekend and HOLY SHIT IT IS DELICIOUS
Spoiler:
It actually tastes like root beer and it gets you drunk to boot

On that note I probably shouldn't've had two during my lunch break
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #89214

Scones wrote:it takes me like several minutes to take my shoes on and off because suede hightops are an abomination in the eyes of god
I KNOW THIS FEELING

THESE FUCKERS.
THESE FUCKING FUCKERS.
BITCH TO PUT ON BITCH TO PUT OFF.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #89270

who would you cast as john madden in a john madden biopic?

philip seymour hoffman would have been perfect but he's dead.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #89274

nsos wrote:who would you cast as john madden in a john madden biopic?

I'd build a time machine and get John Madden to play as John Madden. It would have to be multiple John Maddens though for each 'Madden Age'.

Failing that, a CG John Madden voiced by John Madden and Nolan North.

John Madden
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #89349

Github changed the colour of the DM (Byond) language from a nice blue to a muddy green.
it does not look nice.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89350

Remie Richards wrote:Github changed the colour of the DM (Byond) language from a nice blue to a muddy green.
it does not look nice.
I guess they're done pretending it's not shit

hurr hurr
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #89419

Nah, they're only admitting it's shit when they make everything brown. Green sounds awful though, the blue was nice.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89486

I was looking through my folders and found this picture I saved from the Dwarf Fortress thread before the forum revert.

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #89490

I just got offered a chance to make about $500 a week.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89566

Maccus wrote:I just got offered a chance to make about $500 a week.
That's not bad pay, depending on the job, hours, and your living situation. What do you have to do?

Also holy shit somehow I seem to have not only not used any gas this month, but I somehow generated a $9 credit on my bill. What. :neigh:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #89603

Take things on and off of shelves in a warehouse and learn to use a forklift.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89605

Hey, forklift training is actually a pretty good skill to have. Is it gonna be full-time?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #89614

nsos wrote:who would you cast as john madden in a john madden biopic?

John Goodman. Rosie O'Donnell can be his wife.
Spoiler:

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89623

EndgamerAzari wrote:I was looking through my folders and found this picture I saved from the Dwarf Fortress thread before the forum revert.

Man, good times. Maybe i should actually start that again? I was planning on it but never got around to it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #89728

setting up 4 the changelog
charged battery edition
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #89769

You pronounce Aranclanos weirdly.
wwwwwweeeeeeeiiiiiiirrrrrrddddd.
私は完璧
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #89774

I'M GOING TO BURN MY BUILDING DOWN

I JUST LEFT THE WITCHER TO DOWNLOAD FOR 14 HOURS

30 MINUTES BEFORE THE END I ROLL SECURITY AND NEED TO PAUSE THE DOWNLOAD FOR LAG

RESTART THE DOWNLOAD

14 HOURS REMAINING ALL PROGRESS LOST

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #89777

I am so sick of this Steam bug that constantly pauses my updates. It has existed for years and Valve for some reason never fixed it. Just once I want to be able to start a download and be able to leave it alone, instead of babysitting the resume button.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #89834

Speaking of janky internet, google chrome likes to stop connecting to the internet every fifteen or so minutes even though the connection still works fine on other programs (like connecting sybil). Have to disconnect and reconnect constantly and it gets so annoying.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89842

I spent two hours writing a cover letter from scratch and got a rejection letter less than 24 hours after I applied for the job. Fuck this shit.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #89847

Today I talked a lot about mortgages, risk management, taxes, and investments.

I'm buying a home! My offer has been accepted!

First time I actually felt like an adult doing adult things.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89850

Oh wow, congratulations! I can't wait until I can say the same.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #89866

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #89873

Ricotez wrote:I am so sick of this Steam bug that constantly pauses my updates. It has existed for years and Valve for some reason never fixed it. Just once I want to be able to start a download and be able to leave it alone, instead of babysitting the resume button.
It's an issue with Valve's servers.
Spoiler:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89910

I had an eye twitch for a while, and I don't have glasses. I think it was due to stress, it hasn't happened in a while
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #90807

It's odd to look back in on the forums and find both a post using you as a point to insult from (I've won plenty of fights ingame, dammit) and a post praising you for your better playership.

It's been, what, five years now? I think I'm getting old.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #90813

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90862

I ate an entire box of spaghetti last night (I cooked it first, of course).

I feel fat today, but my stomach isn't sticking out or anything. If anything I'm slimmer than I was. What the fuck is up with my body.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #90865

EndgamerAzari wrote:I ate an entire box of spaghetti last night
what the f-
EndgamerAzari wrote:(I cooked it first, of course).
-oh
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90866

I *knew* somebody would give me shit if I didn't put that qualifier in there.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #90871

to be honest i probably wouldnt have noticed without the qualifier
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #90883

Spoiler:

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90893

neat.jpg

Unrelated: I think the word "simp" needs to make a comeback. It's got that sort of short, sharp venom to it that makes it sound like way worse of an insult than it actually is.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #90933

I like that "pleb" has become a thing again.
Spoiler:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90939

I fucking hate it when people use the word cuck. It is like saying totes instead of totally and makes you look like a mouthbreathing fuckwit.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #90944

Thankfully no one here at my work says it.

However, my team has taken to calling each other gay with no other connotations or elaboration other than. "You gay." "No you gay." "Lets get this straight, we gay."

It's like we're twelve or something.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90947

Yeah, I don't get "cuck" either. It's short for "cuckold", right? As in, someone whose spouse/partner is cheating on them? Because if that's the case most of the times I've heard it used it doesn't make any Goddamn sense in context.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90954

It all started when /pol/ found a photo of a girl they suspected moot was dating in a pool with another guy. Massive shitstorm, and one i blame entirely for the popularization of the term.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90956

Buncha fuckin' simps.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #90979

Learned I'm way too good at lying, don't exactly feel good about it since I hate lying.

Went to a job interview for a bookstore, they did this thing where they asked the other applicants and I to pick something off of a table and try to sell it to them. I picked up the only thing not a book or book-related on the entire table and lied like I knew what I was talking about for a good five minutes and thought I did awful. Turns out they liked me the most out of all the other interviewees.

Guess it goes to show that as long as you sound like you know what you're talking about, people will listen.
Spoiler: