active shooter in california

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

active shooter in california

Post by Deitus » #137697

so shit's going down right now in california, as of time of writing the suspect has not been caught. possibly tied to abortion shooter guy from earlier, but body count is much higher it seems. discuss.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-be ... index.html
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Re: active shooter in california

Post by rdght91 » #137702

It's a facility for disabled kids, so I doubt it's even remotely related to right-wing terrorism. But hey, you never know with those faggots.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137714

men in military gear and a black suv?

c o n s p i r a c y

jet fuel can't melt retarded children
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #137717

One of those kids was the indigo child now we're going to die from internet ghosts
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #137718

Super Aggro Crag wrote:jet fuel can't melt retarded children
Fuck.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #137723

I'm not touching this beyond saying I'm not touching this.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #137738

that's like the people who put their finger in front of your face and repeatedly say "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching"

sure, but you're coming real close.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #137752

The suspects were located just now and are currently in a gunfight with police, one detained, possibly one down, one officer down.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137756

The gun laws here sure have helped.

Yep.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #137758

I'm confused

How can you tell a facility for disabled children apart from the rest of California?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #137760

An0n3 wrote:I'm confused

How can you tell a facility for disabled children apart from the rest of California?
eyooooooooooooooo
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137762

max payne ruins a steak.gif
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #137763

They're showing footage of them evacuating people. Currently the news network feels that talking about Donald Trump's latest "outrage" is more important than 30 retarded people being shot. Getting back to it, they have some woman talking on it with what is possibly the worst audio I've ever heard, I can't understand a fucking word she's saying.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137766

Okay the woman with toaster audio is over, they have actual literate human beings talking, and they're saying they haven't found any bodies, they haven't ruled out foreign terrorism, and they haven't ruled out that it isn't a workplace revenge shooting.

They've also found the getaway vehicle about a mile away from the Inland Regional Center, which was the place that was attacked. Edit : SWAT teams are swarming over it and pushing it down the highway.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #137768

San Diegan here. I have left wing beliefs, but I'll be the first to admit that "gun-free zones" do fuck all to stop shit like this. It's like saying you can stop piracy by banning torrents.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137769

Obama is speaking, mostly generic tragedy coverage that he's probably said at least 12 times this year. He's talking about prevention of further things like this, gun control increase to make it not happen anymore, etc.

Police have stopped pushing the getaway vehicle, they have set up shields, there might be a bomb in there.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137770

Maybe they should try outlawing murders.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #137779

What we need is some way to catch mentally fucked up people like this early on and get them treatment. Healthy, well-adjusted people with something to live for don't do this shit.

Instead, we keep arguing about what kinds of guns we should ban.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137782

It's poverty. I know the people around here, none of them are crazy, all of them are poor. They'd kill for a lot of money, acceptance, or respect. It's why Gangs used to be so bad in California before they got cracked down on.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137787

It's not strictly poverty, it's people's unhappiness. Poverty can be a major contributor to that given how materialistic we are as a society and how much wealth is a factor for a lot of people in how they measure their own self-worth.

I mean, just the framing for this conversation and the words we use to describe people who have a comparatively lower income. They're poor. Something is fucking wrong with them. Or its someone's fault that they exist. And they're endangering other people around them because of how poor they are.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137789

If you are poor, you can't go to college. If you can't go to college, you aren't likely to get a good job. If you don't get a good job, you're likely to be poor. If you're likely to be poor, your kids are likely to be poorer. It's this cycle here that's the huge contributing factor to Gangs and killings as a whole, aside from men having a distinct lack of social lives and pussy, which can happen due to poverty.

Speaking of pussy, good god, men will fucking murder people for it. Wars have been fought over the puss, and in a lot of ways, that continues even today. Teenagers would rather kill themselves than live without any pussy, and it's mostly the same with adults except for societal conditioning of contribution, so instead of offing themselves, they off others because their sex lives are non-existent.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137792

I think it's more that we've invented so many cool doodads and flashing lights that people are compelled to want to own all of them. Not just own them, but the newest ones. The biggest ones. A better one than any of my neighbors have.

And when they can't get them, they flip the fuck out and get angry at eachother and upset with themselves.

Just look at what happens every Black Friday. The looting that occurs during a riot or national disaster.

People aren't stealing basic amenities, they aren't killing eachother over bread and water.
It's Xbox'es, flatscreens, jewelry, etc.

My point is that I don't think it's the money, if you gave the kinds of people who are shaped by this attitude all the money in the world they would still be just as petty, ignorant, and shitty. Maybe even violent, in the right situations.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137793

Wealth. So that they can sell it and gain wealth. It all comes back in a circle, really, everyone has a need for money, some people have too much, and some people have too little.

Speaking of looting, the most sickening case of it I've ever seen happened a few months ago. There used to be this nice old lady that lived next to my grandmother in an RV park. One day she just keeled over, and it was literally the night that she died that her house got broken into and all her stuff was stolen. People will do anything for money if they're desperate.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #137794

Just another consequence of the endless push for more materialism at the expense of maintaining important societal values.

Cue debates where every party plays strawman with every other debater.
Mime: Depresso
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137795

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137796

invisty wrote:Just another consequence of the endless push for more materialism at the expense of maintaining important societal values.

Cue debates where every party plays strawman with every other debater.

[youtube]Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #137798

America is fucked

But it's not the gun laws that make it fucked.
Shit, they pass out guns like candy in Switzerland and I think Finland too. But you don't hear about mass shootings happening there. Austria I believe doesnt even have gun control either

But of course the media just can't talk about that, nah. They just claim guns need to be banned
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #137799

Yet another shooting in the good old United States of America.

Its sad this has become the norm, and not the rare exception.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137803

People single out guns instead of the root cause of people being so fucking upset that they just get up and start shooting strangers.

In America we're okay with our neighbors having horrible, meaningless lives as long as they can't hurt us.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137804

It's the core of society and capitalism, that 20% of the population has 80% of the wealth. Without wealth, we are nothing.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137809

what if instead of outlawing guns, you outlaw lethal bullets?

That way everyone get's to keep their guns and the bullets that do the killing are banned.

Ban assault bullets IMO.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #137811

Won't do any good. People use lethal bullets for legitimate purposes (hunting, self defense, etc.) and they're even easier to acquire illegally than the guns themselves.

We're seeing similar issues in states with strict gun laws and lax gun laws. The level of gun control is not the variable here. Poverty and mental illness are the real issues, and politicians refuse to address either because that would mean defying their corporate overlords.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137813

You have to apply gun laws on a national level for them to make sense, enforcements at a local state level make no sense, since there are no internal borders in the USA.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #137816

oranges wrote:You have to apply gun laws on a national level for them to make sense, enforcements at a local state level make no sense, since there are no internal borders in the USA.
Even if you issued a federal ban on them, there are enough stockpiles of said bullets to last for centuries. Banning things doesn't make them magically disappear. The gun control debate is an easy out for politicians to avoid discussing any real issues with society.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137817

Luke Cox wrote:
oranges wrote:You have to apply gun laws on a national level for them to make sense, enforcements at a local state level make no sense, since there are no internal borders in the USA.
Even if you issued a federal ban on them, there are enough stockpiles of said bullets to last for centuries. Banning things doesn't make them magically disappear. The gun control debate is an easy out for politicians to avoid discussing any real issues with society.
Like all the guns floating around.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #137819

oranges wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Like all the guns floating around.
That too. In addition, you don't see this shit happening in other countries with similar levels of gun ownership.
XSI

Post by XSI » #137824

China tried this

The Chinese are instead just making their own guns from pipes and other plumbing parts
Guns are not going anywhere, no matter what the laws say
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #137830

Fucking liberals and their gun control. If you make guns illegal then only criminals will have guns. The only true solution is to arm retarded children so they can properly defend themselves.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
XSI

Post by XSI » #137835

Cheridan wrote:Fucking liberals and their gun control. If you make guns illegal then only criminals will have guns. The only true solution is to arm retarded children so they can properly defend themselves.
AK-47s for EVERYONE!

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137836

XSI wrote:
China tried this

The Chinese are instead just making their own guns from pipes and other plumbing parts
I'd rather the mass shooter has a homemade gun that jams after 5 bullets than a fully automatic weapon that will reliably shoot 6000+ rounds
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #137838

oranges wrote:
XSI wrote:
China tried this

I'd rather the mass shooter has a homemade gun that jams after 5 bullets than a fully automatic weapon that will reliably shoot 6000+ rounds
Again, this has been tried. Unfortunately, it does not work. If they are dead set on doing this, they will find a way. The only reasonable solution is to keep people from getting this fucked up in the first place.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137844

I think making it harder for someone to commit a mass murder is a reasonably decent acheivable short term objective, all focus on mental health aside.
XSI

Post by XSI » #137847

Luke Cox wrote:
oranges wrote:
XSI wrote:
China tried this

Again, this has been tried. Unfortunately, it does not work. If they are dead set on doing this, they will find a way. The only reasonable solution is to keep people from getting this fucked up in the first place.
Pretty much. If the gun jams after 5 shots, they bring 3 guns and they spend a lot of time practicing their marksmanship to make every bullet count.
Or they'll get a better gun design
If they really want to do it, it can't be stopped. Just inconvenienced
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137859

Oranges is sense. I was gonna write a long and thoroughly reasoned post about gun control in conjunction with mental health and societal reform initiatives, but then I realized that would be pointless since nobody who didn't agree with my opening viewpoint would bother to read my reasoning, so I suplexed a boulder instead and that made me happy.

the moral: distribute a copy of undertale, a shitty monitor, and a Raspberry Pie to a bunch of people. bet you gun violence would go down.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #137860

That's pretty terrible logic yo.

It's like locking your car compared to leaving it on the street with the key in the ignition.
A determined thief can still break into a locked car and steal it, but it will stop casual thieves.

In Aus, after that cunt shot up a load of people in Tasmania and got automatic weapons banned/loads of new gun laws in, we've had no mass shootings and very few shootings at all.
Sure, the police still find gang members and shit with automatic weapons and shit occasionally, but when those guns are not only very hard to get, but VERY FUCKING EXPENSIVE, you see a lot less of them around.

Of course murika has fucking billions of guns in circulation so that would be a 100 year effort to try destroy most of them.

Edit: Also why do all the pro gun people always talk about mental health and stopping these particular people from getting access to guns?
The whole world is full of crazy fucks, yet the only places with this level of gun violence is the usa and shitholes like syria where there is an actual war going on.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #137865

I'm all for a reasonable level of gun control (who needs a automatic weapon?) but from what I see most people, if not all, who commit mass shootings/killings in America seem to suffer from any number of mental disorders or other problems.

I don't think there's a single thing you can do to 'solve' any issue, its a culmination of multiple changes that would work to have some positive effect.

Look to Australia, again, as a example, before the Port Arther Massacre gun shootings were not uncommon, yet after the Liberal party (conservative, John Howard (Prime Minister) got a LOT of shit for pushing for gun control laws) enacted more restrictive gun control laws, well it had a very good net gain. Aside from the occasional bikkie related shooting (that usually only kills a handful of people) there have not been any real mass shootings since.

If someone wants to cause harm they will, if not a assault weapon than a gun, if not a gun than a knife, if not a knife than a damn rock, if not a rock than their hands and teeth. But limiting vulnerable people's access, and access in general, to powerful weapons will make the results of shootings have, in my opinion, less casualties. There's a big difference between a automatic/semi auto rifle with a large magazine versus a pistol.

Essentially, a combination of cultural shifts, better mental health institutes, and very basic common sense gun control laws, would go well to lower gun related mass shootings. Imo.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #137867

and that's why we're removing all guns from ss13
XSI

Post by XSI » #137868

We tried gun control on SS13 several times

Also tried second amendment several times

Turns out giving everyone in the crew guns is fine. Giving them grenades and suicide vests is not
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #137870

The most rational solution is to purge all mentally disabled people from the earth

Can't hurt anyone if they're dead

Pureblood master race

Also it might just be that I'm a stone cold motherfucker, but I really don't think the shootings in the US are as bad as everyone says. If you look at why America has more shootings than somewhere like the UK or Australia, consider that the US has a shitload more people than those two and is larger (300 million compared to 64 million and 23 million). More people means more crazies. More crazies means more shooting, especially with the attention they've been getting these days. Shoot up somewhere and suddenly every news outlet in the country and a lot of the world has your name.

Now I'm not saying gun control does nothing, it probably helps, but it certainly isn't the ONLY reason Ausland has fewer shootings.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #137873

Apparently, the shooting was muslims