What are you faggots reading (Books General)

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

What are you faggots reading (Books General)

Post by Drynwyn » #165482

Some of you assholes have to read something other than the library's erotica collection.
I recently finished reading the Dresden Files, and I'm midway through the Codex Alera.

I'm also a fan of Phillip K. Dick and anything remotely resembling cyberpunk. (yes I read mostly fantasy and sci-fi shut up there's nothing wrong with that.)

Also looking forward to the conclusion of the Kingkiller Chronicles and further Game of Thrones novels.

What about you guys?
Last edited by Drynwyn on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: What are faggots you reading (Books General)

Post by EndgamerAzari » #165483

Finished Snow Crash earlier this month and started on Cypulchre.

Though the two books are wildly different in tone and setting, they both use that present-tense style of writing. Funny coincidence, that.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165490

Reading Peter Bamm, The Invisible Flag.

It's about his experiences as doctor in Russia. Unfortunately he was German, and the times were the 1940s, but damn if this guy didn't have a sense of humour.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #165493

What did you think of skin game? I thought it was the best since changes and one of my favorites overall
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #165497

Skin Game was very well done, and it was nice to see some old familiar faces get some screen time.

That said, it has also brought me to Critical Question Mass- the point where enough questions and ~mysterious implications~ have been raised about the world and plot that if I do not get some well-delivered answers in the next book I will be QUITE CROSS.

More metaphorically, Skin Game put a lot of balls in the air, which is neat, but only really impressive if you can catch 'em afterwards.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #165498

I gotta see if I can get Skin Game from a library or something so I can finally read it.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #165502

Finished Small Gods just recently. It's from the Discworld series, so hilarious satire. In this case it makes fun of religion.
Spoiler:
A god called Om gets stuck in the body of a tortoise and together with an acolyte called Brutha, who is the only person left in the entire religion who actually believes in Om instead of in the whole system around him, has to find a way to get his status as a deity back.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #165505

How Om got his Groove back
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #165506

Last book I read was Ready Player One and now I'm reading The Martian.
Hey.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #165513

I'm planning to re-read the 'Worldwar' series by Harry Turtledove, I read it many years ago and I really want to go over it again.

The 'Small Gods' seems like a interesting read.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #165531

Steelpoint wrote:The 'Small Gods' seems like a interesting read.
It's the 13th book in the Discworld series, but it's completely standalone and actually takes place a few decades before most of the other books. There are some small references that will fly over your head if you don't know the rest of the series (such as talk about Ankh-Morpork, the city that most of the books are about), but they're completely unnecessary for the story.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #165537

yall need some First Law
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #165543

I'm ashamed to say that until recently i hadn't read the second half of the dune saga before.(I don't count Brian and Hack's bullshit. only the original six books count). Currently in the first few pages of of Heretics of Dune. God Emperor of Dune was bad ass.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #165560

Steelpoint wrote:I'm planning to re-read the 'Worldwar' series by Harry Turtledove, I read it many years ago and I really want to go over it again.

The 'Small Gods' seems like a interesting read.
Yeah, Small Gods is excellent. Probably among my top 10 favorite Discworld books.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #165630

The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #165634

The dune series, reading the fourth book presently.

Honestly the best book series i've read in my life please read it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #165644

I finished 1984 today
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165647

Reading is for nerds

Fact: If you're reading this you're a nerd
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #165652

Thunder11 wrote:The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson.
My brother keeps telling me to read Brandon Sanderson's shit, I dunno though, he has pretty nonexistent standards. How is it?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #165691

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The dune series, reading the fourth book presently.

Honestly the best book series i've read in my life please read it.
KEEP GOING.

SIONA IS THE BIGGEST BITCH.
LETO II IS BASED.
MONEO IS BEST MAJORDOMO.
EVERY DUNCAN EVER IS THE UR SEXY BEAST. I'm serious, it's like every set of panties is wet within the orbital arc of Arrakis.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #165806

I've only read the very first Dune, my father told me he thought the other ones were pretty boring

but should I nonetheless?
Spoiler:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #165816

Drynwyn wrote:
Thunder11 wrote:The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson.
My brother keeps telling me to read Brandon Sanderson's shit, I dunno though, he has pretty nonexistent standards. How is it?
Really, really good, got some pretty unique ideas. Ever wanted magic based on eating metal, or capturing light in gemstones? Brandon's your man.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #165825

CosmicScientist wrote:Bloodlord by Braden Campbell.
It's set in 40K (don't go! I promise it's not awful this time!) but is written intelligently for a change (at least for an IG book, I'm such a snob) and isn't heavy on fighting nor does it throw around miniature model names like memes. It's about 40 pages long but I got it in an omnibus which made its length okay (actually a lot of the stories in its bundle are really short, got through two in one evening) and left me wanting more. I'm not sure you can get it separately as a story though which is a shame and probably making me a liar by calling it an omnibus...

I need to pick up a non-40K book before too long but I'm not sure how to given my bland palette and anti-pop culture attitude.
For me it's always been the need of the writers to stroke their author-boners by shouting really big numbers without context or meaning.

"AND THEN THE PSYKER BLEW UP A MIILLION BILLION ORKS WITH HIS MIND"

And it's just utterly without any sort of actual, dramatic description.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #165827

I've barely read the first Dune book, but I have read all of the more newer books by his son, the one's that focus on the machine war (or whatever its called) at the very least.

I enjoyed the newer books, but since I was never a hard core fan of the first I don't have that perspective.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #165884

Ricotez wrote:I've only read the very first Dune, my father told me he thought the other ones were pretty boring

but should I nonetheless?
If you liked the first one You'll still like the others. It can be Dry, no pun intended, but I remember thinking that... but continuing. Still reading. Entire swaths of pages devoured and digested. Loss of Days. The World, the Universe that Herbert has created had taken my soul, much like the central spice Melange which dominated and addicted those that crossed it's path.

Also, go back through the first and try to look at the Atreides a different way. They... really weren't the good guys. At all. No one was.

Also Again: Steelpoint is a damned dirty heretic and needs to be left in the desert to die with Nothing to help him.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Steelpoint
Github User

Re: What are you faggots reading (Books General)

Post by Steelpoint » #165953

Yeah yeah funny stuff but I was introduced to the original Dune noval and its lore via the prequel series.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #165964

Don't make me take your water for my tribe.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #166023

MAY THY KNIFE CHIP AND SHATTER
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #166186

How bad was Yarrick in his novellas? I know they advanced Ghazghkull's storyline in 7th edition and he's going around everywhere and uniting the Orks galactically under a single WAAAGH! and krumping Tyranids on Octarius.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #211463

Black Magician Trilogy for the 103rd time.

Akkarin and Lorlen are decent characters with one shared - and fucking glaring - flaw: they don't communicate despite their unique relationship.
I mean, I could say more but that would be spoilers.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #212369

I've only read them twice, good books, but imo the second trilogy was even better than the originals
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #212397

Going through the Vampire Chronicles again, on Queen of the Damned right now. My aunt has a copy of Blood and Gold which wasn't out when I finished Armand and I'm plotting its theft. Considering asking her to start a betting pool monthly on whether Rice is tsuntsun or deredere for God right now.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
Varnesy
Byond Username: Varnesy

Post by Varnesy » #217787

Just finished reading Gunslinger: The Dark Tower by Stephen King.

Hot damn that is a good book
When I am being a faggot online I play as Varnes Mironov, Jean LeBlanc and Farely Brooks

Voted most likely to get lynched 23 years in a row.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #217788

Wait the first one or the last one?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #217832

I finished reading Armada a week or so ago, it was pretty good.
Hey.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #217861

Thunder11 wrote:I've only read them twice, good books, but imo the second trilogy was even better than the originals
Thank you for reminding me to buy that shit posthaste.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #218077

Recently read the Chronicles of Amber. Once you've read them you keep noticing other media that borrowed from them and you can't stop seeing it. It's weird. The books themselves are quite well written, but it's mostly impressive for that.

They have also considerably lowered my opinion of Garth Nix from "Wow, this is so-so on the writing, but the setting is so original!" to "Oh wait, no it isn't."
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218094

I need more vampires that aren't garbage
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #218104

aranamor wrote:I need more vampires that aren't garbage
play WoD
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #218105

Drynwyn wrote:
aranamor wrote:I need more vampires that aren't garbage
play WoD
Honestly this is pretty true.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #218386

maybe i'll run a WoD game with /tg/ folks after one of the games I'm currently in wraps up or dies
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218392

My ethics professor really wants the class to read the book along with the class, but today even though I was stuck at school with nothing better to do I couldn't bring myself to read it it was so boring. Good thing professor's a cool guy and keeps things lively in class or else I'd just be catatonic for an hour and a half before it was time to go.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #218427

You never mentioned what book.
Can't be Metaphysics of Morals/Groundwork because that's way too short to be boring.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Varnesy
Byond Username: Varnesy

Post by Varnesy » #219485

Wyzack wrote:Wait the first one or the last one?
First one.
When I am being a faggot online I play as Varnes Mironov, Jean LeBlanc and Farely Brooks

Voted most likely to get lynched 23 years in a row.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #219502

Stick it out, it is a real fucking good series
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #219517

been working my way through my physical manga collection before i start on my digital backlog, currently reading I am a Hero. good shit man.
Bremlo
Byond Username: Bremlo
Location: Some small town, North Carolina, The US of A, Earth

Post by Bremlo » #219697

I've been reading some stuff by Edgar Rice Burroughs, specifically 'The Princess of Mars'. Super descriptive, if you like to practice writing, that'll give you some great references/pointers.

I recently found some series called 'Michael Vey', meant for teens, but the idea is really cool and it's pretty well written.

Additionally, the Halo Series. Just finished Contact Harvest recently, reading The Fall of Reach next. I've already read The Flood, so that's one to skip, I guess.. Really good series, especially if you're a sci-fi fan/fan of the original games. Action packed and full of terminology.

Finally, 'The Witcher'. I'd figured I'd read the book before jumping into the games. So far, it's really well written from what I can tell. Also action packed.
Hiya!
I play Kenzie.

woooooooosh
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #219737

Drynwyn wrote:maybe i'll run a WoD game with /tg/ folks after one of the games I'm currently in wraps up or dies
Was thinking about it, I remember a campaign I was in once(never finished) where I played an Anarch Brujah Lawyer. His sire snapped him up because he figured the local brujah needed someone who knew how to fight in a courtroom and with words instead of with his fists, though he could do that too. A horribly unoptimized brujah social warrior.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #258392

Just picked this up after Darths & Droids recommended it.

I'm not done with it yet, so if any of you read it, no spoilers please.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fiz Bump
Byond Username: Dennyb

Post by Fiz Bump » #258495

DemonFiren wrote:Just picked this up after Darths & Droids recommended it.

I'm not done with it yet, so if any of you read it, no spoilers please.
Spoiler:
I finished my second complete read of the Wheel of Time, so I'm trying to read heavier material for a while.
Right now I'm slowing working through Simulacra and Simulation and just leafing through my university textbooks to brush up on some stuff I haven't had to know for a while.
I play Fiz Bump.
I am not a game admin. My reign of badminnery ended a few years ago.View me feedback here: >:^)