Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: St8 of the b8

Post by oranges » #18358

Bottom post of the previous page:

An0n3 wrote: Someone showed me the singulo board and it's funny to see a new outlet of aggression show up.
Same as it ever was.
Pssh, nothing personnell kid
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #19093

The fuck happened to errorage?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #19098

He proved there is such a thing as TOO butthurt
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #19103

he locked and deleted like 3 dwarf fort threads on the other forums because i told him to stop posting in them if he didnt like the game
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #19224

Yes. More should trickle here. Come... COME.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #19242

Pretty sure I proved that, pap
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #19301

would you rather hang out with a dog who was nice and fun to play with, or sit in the middle of a highway and eat a jar of flour
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #19307

>flour comes in jars
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alexander De'Foe
Byond Username: Murakame

Post by Alexander De'Foe » #19327

nsos wrote:would you rather hang out with a dog who was nice and fun to play with, or sit in the middle of a highway and eat a jar of flour
An0n3 wrote:>flour comes in jars
I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.
♣-Having a gun and thinking you can shoot, is like buying a piano and believing you're a musician.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #19580

Alexander De'Foe wrote:
nsos wrote:would you rather hang out with a dog who was nice and fun to play with, or sit in the middle of a highway and eat a jar of flour
And milk comes in bags.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #19587

ThanatosRa wrote:
Alexander De'Foe wrote:
And milk comes in bags.
Oi don't insult the bags. They create a lot less wasted material than your stupid jugs.
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #19595

Plastic milk jugs are recyclable. You crush 'em and put them in the blue bin.

Glass milk jugs are reused and recycled depending on their condition.

Unless you're recycling the used bags you're totally wrong.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #19597

Yeah I got no idea what they do with the bags.

EDIT: Quick google search resulted in this.
Milk bags use less plastic than traditional milk jugs and are placed in reusable plastic pitchers. The bags themselves can also be washed out and re-used to carry sandwiches, or to freeze food (using a twist tie or rubber band for closure).

They contain less plastic than a milk jug, causing less environmental harm than milk jugs. Milk bags are more ideal from an environmental standpoint than paper milk cartons or glass milk bottles.
Image ImageImage
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #19603

I've always reused our milk containers, and especially the glass bottles for more milk or juices. Byrne Dairy you go in you get whatever liquids you're going to buy, you pay for them and a deposit for the glass jugs.
Next time you come back you bring the empties and you can trade them in 1:1 for more liquids without paying for the deposit, or just turn them in to get the deposits back, or put down deposits for more whatever.

This way they're constantly getting back the glass jugs that go out, they clean them out and ship them back to be refilled and returned and put back on the shelves.

You can get different kinds of juices as well as milk and chocolate milk in them. They're great. Even plastic milk jugs I sometimes hang on to and reuse to fill with water in case of emergencies or make iced tea or whatever sugar drinks or juice concentrates in.

Paper cartons are probably the worst in terms of sustainability but at least they can be recycled.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #19720

Shame not everyone can be conservative and recycle/re-use like that :I
In the end, all our ways of distributing milk have their pros and cons.
Image ImageImage
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #19726

Fuck milk, I can't drink it without having horrific pain and diarrhea.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #19740

this is the only way to buy milk.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #19754

Now I'm wondering what cheese made with human milk would be like.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #20410

ThanatosRa wrote:Fuck milk, I can't drink it without having horrific pain and diarrhea.
Food intolerances and allergies are becoming more and more common. I've read some interesting theories about evolution and blood typing as it relates to your general health and relative sensitivity to different diets.
I wouldn't say it's based in any sound science, but following what they describe for O+ works great for me. According to their theory, being an older and increasingly uncommon blood type as it's sort of bred out of our society, means I'm more inclined towards a simple diet but can eat all the dairy and meat or fish I want. And for what it's worth, it works perfectly for me. I can stuff my face with as much heavy fatty foods as long as it's unprocessed and I never gain a pound.

On the flipside, tons of carbs, processed foods, or things with a lot of sugar content like sodas and sweets drive my metabolism fucking nuts. They wreak havoc with my appetite and energy levels/sleep cycle. Like putting racing fuel in a weed-whacker, my system is too simple for that and stuffing too much energy into it at once is just bad news bears.

Now, some of that is just good advice for human bodies in general. Processed foods aren't a great staple for anyone (though they're not as disastrous as a lot of health nuts make them out to be). Everyone should keep on eye on their calorie intake and sugars. But with sodium, dairy, carbohydrates, and different proteins there's some sway in how they effect different people.

I think the problem we have with food and our health is that we often take one thing that works for one person and blindly try to apply it to everyone, and it's where these weird fad diets come from. Remember the Atkins craze? The constant debating over whether eggs were good for people or killing everyone's hearts? Now we've got this Paleo diet where you're supposed to eat like a caveman is the hot new thing.

I think the truth is somewhere in between, that some things are good to eat for some people and for others aren't as ideal sources of food energy. Our bodies are all slightly tuned just a little differently, we need different sources and different "octanes" of food to go with that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #20440

Only Europeans have the lactose tolerant gene. China and the East in general have extremely high levels of lactose intolerant because their agriculture and livestock didn't depend on cattle. It's probably why you can't drink milk.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20480

Lactose free milk is the shit i ain't even mad
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #20555

Whole milk is the shit on a hot day though.

It's like drinking coolant. All those rich ass lipids coating the interior of your digestive tract.

Also if you ever want to stumble around like a total retard, save your stems and stuff them in a coffee filter, put a rubber band around or twist tie around the top, then boil some whole milk and drop the bag in there and let it steep a bit, then drink it.

Roughly twenty minutes later you'll be walking on the moon.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #20583

i dont like milk
im probably lactose intolerant since it makes me feel kinda sick
i used to drink fuckloads of milk but for some reason now it makes me feel bad when i drink it
i dont like the taste anymore either
bananas are a better source of calcium
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #20662

An0n3 wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:Fuck milk, I can't drink it without having horrific pain and diarrhea.
Food intolerances and allergies are becoming more and more common. I've read some interesting theories about evolution and blood typing as it relates to your general health and relative sensitivity to different diets.
I wouldn't say it's based in any sound science, but following what they describe for O+ works great for me. According to their theory, being an older and increasingly uncommon blood type as it's sort of bred out of our society, means I'm more inclined towards a simple diet but can eat all the dairy and meat or fish I want. And for what it's worth, it works perfectly for me. I can stuff my face with as much heavy fatty foods as long as it's unprocessed and I never gain a pound.

On the flipside, tons of carbs, processed foods, or things with a lot of sugar content like sodas and sweets drive my metabolism fucking nuts. They wreak havoc with my appetite and energy levels/sleep cycle. Like putting racing fuel in a weed-whacker, my system is too simple for that and stuffing too much energy into it at once is just bad news bears.

Now, some of that is just good advice for human bodies in general. Processed foods aren't a great staple for anyone (though they're not as disastrous as a lot of health nuts make them out to be). Everyone should keep on eye on their calorie intake and sugars. But with sodium, dairy, carbohydrates, and different proteins there's some sway in how they effect different people.

I think the problem we have with food and our health is that we often take one thing that works for one person and blindly try to apply it to everyone, and it's where these weird fad diets come from. Remember the Atkins craze? The constant debating over whether eggs were good for people or killing everyone's hearts? Now we've got this Paleo diet where you're supposed to eat like a caveman is the hot new thing.

I think the truth is somewhere in between, that some things are good to eat for some people and for others aren't as ideal sources of food energy. Our bodies are all slightly tuned just a little differently, we need different sources and different "octanes" of food to go with that.
What's fucked for me is that Milk, ice cream, and a few other dairy products murder me. But I can eat any sort of cheese, Yogurt, what have you, to little or no effect aside from some flatulence if I have too much. Aside from that, I can eat like a garbage disposal.
And I'm at most a year or two younger than you at 29 and Also O+.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
OtherDalfite
Byond Username: OtherDalfite

Post by OtherDalfite » #20664

ThanatosRa wrote:
An0n3 wrote:

What's fucked for me is that Milk, ice cream, and a few other dairy products murder me. But I can eat any sort of cheese, Yogurt, what have you, to little or no effect aside from some flatulence if I have too much. Aside from that, I can eat like a garbage disposal.
And I'm at most a year or two younger than you at 29 and Also O+.
cheese is the shit. cheese is probably one of my favorite things on earth.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20665

this fucking thread
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #20675

paprika wrote:this fucking thread
come. be fat with us.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #20693

Cheese is great.

A lot of food is pretty great.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #20724

I don't understand how some people can't live without milk.
Cheese is pretty good though.
Image ImageImage
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #20745

Rumia29 wrote:I don't understand how some people can't live without milk.
By having different phenotypes of the C/T 13910 and G/A 22018 is how they can't live without milk.

Funny thing: Cheese contains the lowest amount of grams of lactose per content of all dairy products, which is why people who can't drink milk can chomp down cheese.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20771

What about yogurt CA
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #20776

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #20793

Afaik cheese and yogurt are both made using bacteria, so depending on how sensative you are to foreign microbes having a party in your guts you might want to just say no?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #20796

If your body rejects Lactobacillus you probably have something very, very wrong with your immune system. Like self destructive wrong.
Especially considering the bacteria that makes yogurt (Lactobacillus) actually helps people with lactose intolerance because they break down lactose and produce lactic acid. There's also some evidence of them being part of the natural human gut flora but I can't find any suitable sources for that so I'll leave it to speculation.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #20860

this thread went from informing an0n3 to drama to alcohol to heated jug skubbing to lactose and lactose intolerancy facts. good job /tg/
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #20871

ayy lmao
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #20961

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #28283

Holy shit are there really no new headmins still?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #28299

Weren't you a headmin?

Was that ever a thing?

EDIT: I mean in the last 2 years or something. I dunno.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #28303

I was head of bans ages ago. That's all relative though. "Ages" being before the current batch of headmins were voted in. So like over a year?

It feels like eternity. I'm not in the running for headmin because:

1) My temper is too short these days to do a good job.
2) I'm too busy with real life stuff to have the time to do a good job.

I haven't even posted in this forum or played spessmens in over a month?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #32083

Holy fucking shit all these shitty policies what the fuck is even going on here anymore.

Someone actually added lizards as a selectable race at roundstart holy shit it's fucking happening.

Is anyone aware for how long we joked that you'd know the server had gone to hell when you could choose between different races at roundstart?

And now it's actually happened? Holy shit I gotta go tell some folks it's come to this. You beautiful idiots actually did it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #32086

Do note that heads of staff are human restricted only.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #32121

Except within, like, two weeks at absolute most, things are literally back to where they were before lizards were added, Anon. Like, there isn't even many people who bother with 'down with the lizards!' radio spam, much less anything more severe. Everybody wigged out at first, then adapted, policy caught up, and we moved on with life.

You know, like everything else people said would destroy everything.
RIP
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #32123

I wasn't saying they would destroy everything, just that it's a sign the station as it is is totally off base from where it started.

Even just two years ago when anyone suggested that they add round-start selectable races everyone would point and laugh amidst cries of "muh snowflakes" and "furfaggot".

How long until we have a Zombie mode?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #32151

Yeah, things have changed, but I can't say that's all bad. Some recent trends conccern me like ENFORCE RP YOU CAN'T PLAY THE WAY YOU LIKE ONLY MY WAY IS CORRECT but there's a lot of stuff that's better about the game now. What exactly is wrong with somebody getting to run their lizard gimmick, given that we've had multiple admins do it, and do it to other people when they asked? And it's neither hurting anybody, nor ruining their fun, in any way whatsoever, and it doesn't change the gameplay balance etc.

Also that's kind of what Rev is. Forcible, involuntary conversion by a rabid horde of the unwashed against the few lone, heavily armed, reactionary jerk-survivors, the regular social order and jobs break down incredibly fast when it's clear what's happening, and the only cures are special science devices that inject you with nanomachines, son, or enough damage to the skull.

Long bouts of this can lead to an abandoned, destroyed, bombed-out vacant hell-scape, drifting without power or hope in the dark abyss while pockets of survivors go into siege mode and bunker up before the last havens inevitably fall... or a massive, brutal government response of riot troops and militias snuff out the infestation at the root with over-reactive measures and the world survives.

And it normally starts in the medical treatment area and radiates outwards from there like any plague.
RIP
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #32170

why are you still a headmin
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32181

why am i not a headmin

same answer
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #32189

i like dicks
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #32191

What are you all on about anyway?

I'm sorry Anon but things change over time. The ravages of time spare no one.

Besides, arguing its a slippery slope is a dumb argument. We already have a zombie game mode anyway, rev.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #32197

>see first page
>go to last page
>talking about cheese
>scroll down to make post about this
>see actual discussion again

wot
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #32218

>all these zombie apologists
>holy fuck mein sides
>RIP IN PEACE
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: