a former friend of mine killed himself

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

a former friend of mine killed himself

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #222576

I'm using this forum as my blog from now on btw. It feels really weird and I'm having trouble sleeping. I always thought it would be me to be the first one of us to go. That or the kid with the heart condition or the dude who got cancer in his 20s. The last time we talked we fought about nothing. I guess he was sad because he lost his job? If I lost my job I probably wouldn't kill myself I don't think. I'd just take my last check and buy a bus ticket to an0n3s house and tell him to get me a job fixing keyboards or something. I knew he was depressed but I was told not to tell anyone. I wonder, if I did, would things be different? Feels weird man. Hard to sleep.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: a former friend of mine killed himself

Post by oranges » #222594

it is what it is
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #222596

You can't blame yourself for it. Even if you say you aren't, right now you're probably on the bargain stage. From the way your post is written it seems you feel like you subconsciously think you could have done more, but if he was at the tipping point, then you alone would not have probably been able to stop it.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #222630

Crag your life sucks man, I'm sorry you've gotta go through all this shit at once.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #222700

I told people at work today who knew him and did not yet know of his death. They seemed upset with me. Apparently I do not appear sad enough? I have a weird grief response,i told them. I certainly feel bad, but mostly for the people that knew and cared for him, I suppose.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #222701

Arguably the best person on the forums has the shittiest life

:(
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #222720

Crag. You're a good guy. Don't forget that.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #222727

Yes everyone loves me. Even my mom.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #222865

Actually, seeing those two threads right next to each other (accident and this one) makes me wonder.

Jesus fuck. Crag, are you all right?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #222943

No not really

I want to fly a mutual friend across the country so they can attend the memorial service but I'm flipping poor unfortunately.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #223283

Just don't become like me by drinking or drugging your troubles away. You're better than that.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #223301

When I have trouble I just jerk off until I bleed.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #223304

Your liver thanks you, but i am sure your penis is horrified
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #223316

No its ok I'm pretty sure it decreases my chance of prostate problems
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #223565

Well use it or lose it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #224564

My door's open.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #224583

Such is life. It hands you a cookie, then kicks you in the knee, then kicks you in the stomach, then repeatedly beats you with a baseball back, and finally it takes the cookie back.
Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Post by Toronto88 » #232722

oranges wrote:it is what it is
Wow well aren't you just a shining beacon of great advice? Go fuck yourself you callous little dweeb.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #232736

long day tonto?
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #232739

That's irrelevant, did you really think what you said was going to be helpful at all?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #232745

Helpful? Do you come to spacemen forums looking for psychological counseling? SAC made a blog post and received positive replies.

You're being edgy for the sake of edginess, but I understand by now that's your whole shtick.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #232757

Don't be mean to tonto
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #232759

I've never been mean to anyone on these forums.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #232761

Lumbermancer wrote:Helpful? Do you come to spacemen forums looking for psychological counseling? SAC made a blog post and received positive replies.

You're being edgy for the sake of edginess, but I understand by now that's your whole shtick.
"it is what it is", yea that's real fucking helpful you smarmy little jackwagon. I'll tell you what it is, it's SAD! Just like Oranges ability to dispense relevant advice.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #232763

If you were less angry you'd notice I implicitly agreed with you.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #232787

This place has become much of a community than just a forum for a game anymore. Heck theres a few people here I'd consider friends. My guess was SAC feels the same and maybe was reaching out, or heck maybe its just a place to get stuff off his chest semi-anoymously with the chance of some feedback or something to take his mind off things.

Anyway, suicide is always a difficult thing to talk about, its a strange mental disease that we rarely know how to confront. All I can say is don't blame yourself, do what you're doing and carry on, talk to people and don't face things alone like they felt they had to. Life is a strange thing and death is stranger still, but the best way to deal with it is to at least communicate with some others.

I'm genuinely here if you need someone to PM n such, I think I know you well enough to say that.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #232807

I have no agency to know how you feel other than the fact that I get hard over anything to do with Albert Camus & Nietzsche. None of my mates have killed themselves, none of them probably will out of pure will, if they die it'll be something like cancer or occupational hazards or some shit (90% sure of this, I mean you never can be sure but there is nobody that I know that have an unstable psyche to actually go through with it.)

What you're going through right now, the feeling of "uncaring" that you show on the outside is known as the philosophy of the absurd. This is usually first shown by the fact that you stop caring about death. Mersault, when learning that his mother died, showed the same response. General uncaring, why should he care about someone who is not even in this world. He went to her funeral out of social norms, not out of mourning. If it was socially acceptable for him not to go he wouldn't have. He saw nothing connecting between him and his mother now that she had died. To him, she had finally escaped the paradox that is human life: We wish to find the inherent meaning of the university but as humans we never will. There is usually three ways to respond to this crisis:

1) Suicide, escaping the absurd. Camus counters this idea and states that it its inherently absurd to end your own life to escape absurdity.
2) Through religion, or belief of any kind that transcend our own existence and realm. Known to philosophers as the "leap of faith" and to Camus as "Philosophical suicide".
3) Acceptance. Mersault accepted this, and to his credit died to his beliefs. All through The Stranger Mersault could have shown remorse for his actions, shown remorse for his mother's death, but he never did. Through this he showed ultimate free will, he had accepted that in the end, we die, and when anyone dies they die not having answered the most important question in life, "Why are we here." If he had plead for himself, especially since he was a white Algerian that had killed an arab (contextually) he would've gotten a much more lenient sentencing, but his general contempt, nay, general uncaring of the situation made him look like a sadistic murderer, of which he clearly was not since when we had Mersault's agency we saw that he did not understand the outcome of his actions until after the event. It was instinctual, not pre-planned as the prosecution made it look like.

It's okay to not feel remorse or regret at learning someone chose to take their life. I'm not going to sugar coat it, could you have prevented it? Perhaps, just like there is a tiny, tiny astronomical chance that somehow through the power of atomic quantum linking that a gun shows up in front of me and shoots me. In life, nothing is "impossible". It's just the "impossible" is statistically more unlikely than the "possible." Many people see death in many different ways, some exhibit the Kübler-Ross model, others see it in your view. Without any emotion. The most important part of accepting death at its face value, physiologically a person's biological inputs and outputs cease to function is to know why you are accepting it. Is it because you have given up in face of absurdity or because you have come to accept it. Whilst they may seem like it's the same flip of the coin, in reality it is a very important distinction to make. Eluding and accepting can have very different impacts in your life.

Basically, don't feel as if you have to bawl and shout and cry because your coworkers or colleagues do. You are your own human being, do what makes you feel better. If that is general uncaring at the situation, so be it. Don't do something because you feel you are forced to do. They may have seem angry at you because of you not caring as much as them, but you have to remember that at that time they had mixed feelings. If someone had told me someone I knew had died my mind would be all over the place. I wouldn't know how to formulate myself. Tell them at a later date that is how you deal with those emotions, they should understand you, and if they were harsh at the time may even apologise. I don't know the entire situation obviously but everyone is human at the end, and humans are instinctual and behavioural creatures.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #232818

Thank everyone :)
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #233798

Suicide... is a selfish thing to do. I'm sorry for your loss crag. Although your friend killed himself try to live your life the best way possible. We only get one life to live and its best we don't waste it.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #233799

Suicide is not a selfish thing. It's a mental issue and anyone thinking of doing it isn't in the right state of mind. They need professional help. It's very important to understand the signs of it and get them to treatment.

Despite what people say, meds do help start the path to recovery.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz