2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by InsaneHyena » #325796

Bottom post of the previous page:

I see doctors, scientists and engineers, women and children.
Bring back papercult.

XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #325813

All that would be fixed if we welcomed them here, asked for their visa, found they don't have one
And then send them right back to where they came from instead of giving them free shit.

Send them back for just 1-2 months and word gets around, then they stop coming except for the real refugees who would go through embassies instead of storming the borders just to get in
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #325879

starmute wrote:You don't want to draw attention to yourself if you work for a company. If you publicly shame your own company then you probably are going to get fired. I don't agree with everything my company does but I don't write a 10 page manifesto and distribute it online.
more to the point, Google is currently in the middle of a lawsuit by the federal government about its hiring practices, specifically regarding salaries for women, the lawsuit isn't going particularly well from what I understand, and this guy just produced a concrete document that the lawyers could have a fucking field day with.

Google's options at this point are ignore it and look pretty fucking bad, roll the dice on an argument that the dude wasn't a supervisor and still look pretty bad, or cover their ass by distancing themselves as much as possible, i.e. firing him. a company of Google's size is almost always going to go for the option of covering their ass.

tl;dr: if your company's being sued and you want to keep your job don't do anything that can help the people suing it
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #325896

Probably the usual "We women get paid lower salaries, but we want to work less hours, have more time off, and leave our jobs at the office - SEXISM!!!"
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #325949

So... there's a bunch of nutjobs in Charlottesville.
私は完璧
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #325951

bandit

Post by bandit » #325972

you're posting in the wrong place, half the people in this thread were probably there

admin feedback pls
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #325990

>Blacks riot and loot the city
>National guard is coming any week now
>White people stage a civil protest they actually get an approval for
>Illegally dispersed by riot police (who does nothing about antifa counterprotest), national guard called in IMMEDIATELY

Land of the free
Bring back papercult.

nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #325991

InsaneHyena wrote:>Blacks riot and loot the city
>National guard is coming any week now
>White people stage a civil protest they actually get an approval for
>Illegally dispersed by riot police (who does nothing about antifa counterprotest), national guard called in IMMEDIATELY

Land of the free
have you ever typed anything that wasn't endemic of you being a disingenuous gibbering retard lol
bandit

Post by bandit » #325996

I guess you missed the part where a dude in a mustang plowed through the counter-protest just now

admin feedback pls
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #325997

We can't even begin to guess his motives.
Bring back papercult.

XSI

Post by XSI » #326003

Was that one of the states that legalized driving through protests?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #326005

The law for that says if the protesters are trying to bait you into hitting them (jumping in front of your car) you're not responsible if they get hit, and no I don't think that was in Virginia.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
bandit

Post by bandit » #326006

nothing's legalized, there are laws that have been proposed but as of now either died in legislature or are in committees

not that it would matter in this case because most of the text of the legislation specifically excludes intentionally hitting people and the car here pretty much straight up gunned it, hitting the cars ahead of it

admin feedback pls
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #326008

President just spoke about what's happening in Virginia, did not disavow, blamed both sides.
Bring back papercult.

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #326012

You mean the president of the free world didn't take the side of self-declared nazis? Well color me surprised
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #326013

Nobody expected him to. He did the best he could allow himself to, and did not exclusively blame the right, which is good enough for me.
Spoiler:
Bring back papercult.

XSI

Post by XSI » #326015

I don't even know what the protest was about, but I do know antifa is hateful shits
And you kind of have to be a hateful shit to run a car into a group of people intentionally

So I'd say multiple kinds of hateful shits were involved. What exactly is the problem?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #326022

Absolutely nothing. Both sides were wrong, but because Trump didn't play cheerleader and apologist for the left he's a nazi.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #326025

It was a protest about a confederate statue being removed from public and placed in a museum.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
bandit

Post by bandit » #326032

judging by the wealth of nazi shit I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was also about other things

admin feedback pls
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #326069

bandit wrote:judging by the wealth of nazi shit I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was also about other things
Are you 89IQ he literally said blackshirts
XSI

Post by XSI » #326089

Such is politics
The worst of all sides are the loudest
bandit

Post by bandit » #326100

ohnopigeons wrote:
bandit wrote:judging by the wealth of nazi shit I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was also about other things
Are you 89IQ he literally said blackshirts
I meant what the rally was about, there were plenty of people in Nazi armbands doing Nazi salutes with Nazi slogans and so on

admin feedback pls
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #326149

one more step towards self-driving cars

only white supremacists like to drive cars manually
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
XSI

Post by XSI » #326151

A few stickers have managed to convince current self-driving car tech that the 'stop' sign was actually a '45km/h' sign

Self-driving cars need work before they can be used without having a driver behind the wheel paying attention to things
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #326162

XSI wrote:A few stickers have managed to convince current self-driving car tech that the 'stop' sign was actually a '45km/h' sign

Self-driving cars need work before they can be used without having a driver behind the wheel paying attention to things
I'm not certain about that- the question shouldn't be "do self-driving cars never crash", it should be "do self-driving cars crash as or less frequently as humans?"

And humans crash a lot. They crash for different reasons than self driving cars, but they still crash a lot. From a legislative perspective, they should be legalized once they're as safe or safer than human drivers on average. Now, obviously "it only crashes very rarely" may present a marketing problem, but "it would be hard to sell these" is not a reason to say "you can't sell these".

Obviously there's also the question of who, exactly, is liable for accidents involving self-driving cars. I think the best solution is "the operator of the self-driving vehicle", but then extend insurance requirements for owners of autonomous vehicles (in the short term, until the tech improves further.) I'm not a liability expert, though.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
XSI

Post by XSI » #326180

I'm not saying we shouldn't use them, just that we still need a human in there at the controls at this point. Now if that human is a terrible driver and/or drunk, it won't help either

The stickers is just an example of why you still need to pay attention, at least until the system improves
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #326218

From nazi riots to self driving cars, how fast.

The confirmed fatality (not counting a police helicopter crash which could be anything at this point) was a counter-protester. Don't see how the literal nazis are meant to come off as 'both sides are bad' here, they're the ones calling for genocide. The masks have finally dropped, somewhat literally as they're working on doxxing the fascists as we speak.

Was always going to happen, and it looks like it's the right-wingers who've started killing people, terrorist style by using vehicles. It's all self-defense from the left now.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #326222

Didn't they approve a law that decriminalized hitting protesters with a car? Exactly for this kind of scenario? Working class Americans have no time to waste with lazy ass lefties blocking the road
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #326223

It's fitting that your nickname has the word "Professor" in it, since you're spouting marxist propaganda. Antifa are violent, crazed thugs who keep violently assaulting people wherever they appear - from Berkeley to Chicago, beating people with bike locks and bricks. While the so-called nazis only went on a peaceful demonstration, the crazed anarchists immediately started shit. Even on the video of them being run over (by a nazi? No evidence of that.), you see them immediately attacking the vehicle with bats. Where did they get weapons so quickly, I wonder? What did those peaceful people intend to use them for?
Bring back papercult.

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #326225

InsaneHyena wrote: (by a nazi? No evidence of that.)
Can't wait for /pol/ to doxx and dig out every tiny bit of information about the car driver like they usually do with anyone waving a stick during a leftist protest.
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #326226

Grazyn wrote:Didn't they approve a law that decriminalized hitting protesters with a car? Exactly for this kind of scenario? Working class Americans have no time to waste with lazy ass lefties blocking the road
In like two states, and struck down when they realised it was absurd.

And antifa are pretty much dispensing with 'peaceful' given you've literally got people marching with torches chanting 'blood and soil'. There's no high ground left; violence against Nazis is self-defence by definition. Even the cops are sick of them. The alt-right is not peaceful, they jump at the mere sight of black people peacefully demonstrating, and encourage violence at every opportunity while fleeing at the first sign of retaliation.

The murderer was a registered Republican. But apparently he had a black friend, so that makes it okay.

I suppose Nazis do, historically, have good reason to be afraid of communists.

Also a police helicopter crashed, there's rumours it might have been a collision with a drone, and possibly even deliberate from the protesters. Might be a good time to worry about no-knock raids, the cops may have coddled the alt-right so far but when they start getting killed, the gloves are off.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326242

Gee I can either be beaten to death by communists or beaten to death by nazis

Well one of these guys are clearly the good guys! Just gimme a second to find out
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326245

The alt left has NEVER resorted to violence before, that guy shooting up a charity baseball game doesn't COUNT
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326248

Kill all commies
Kill all nazis
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #326259

me: Nazis suck
Nazis: Oh so you're a Commie
me: Commies suck too
Commies: Oh so you're a Nazi
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326261

Me: [youtube]w_jHY1CXK0I[/youtube]
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #326270

>you will never live in a world where human beings didn't open the pandoras box of left vs right

it was such a net loss to bring these concepts into politics, it's like working out how to make vx or make nukes, we just shouldn't have done it
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #326271

who thought its a good idea to march with torches?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326279

Gaston

[youtube]xCENkwPiuU0[/youtube]
XSI

Post by XSI » #326283

Professor Hangar wrote: There's no high ground left; violence against Nazis is self-defence by definition.
Throwing communists from helicopters is self-defence by definition. They conspire to take away our property, so we must get rid of them before they do so.
May I interest you in a free helicopter ride?

-
Few more things I've found by browsing 4chan
4chan went and found everything they could on the guy who did it. Ex-military apparently. I can't be arsed to look up what else they found.
The protest held by the 'alt-right' was a legal one, they had permits etc. Then the city declared a state of emergency and cancelled the protests for reasons unknown. Apparently at this point the majority of the alt-right left while antifa and other thugs stayed behind to 'celebrate' (Read: Vandalise public spaces and try to find a fight with the other side)
The 'alt-right' protest was also arranged by a bunch of very questionable people who popped up only exactly when the media started talking about the alt-right and seem to be exactly what the media wants the alt-right to be as well. These people supplied the torches and planned stuff out
There was an 'anti-communist action' present to fight off antifa if antifa attacked. Both sides were geared up for a confrontation though this time nothing seems to have happened. Car not included
The car was apparently attacked with bats and bricks by antifa before it rammed them. After that it drove away to a secluded area where the driver was arrested. Some think it was pre-planned. Others do not
And the heli crash is not typical of how these helicopters normally crash
Last edited by XSI on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bandit

Post by bandit » #326287

once again, to my knowledge none of the laws protecting drivers hitting people at protests have gotten through any of their state legislatures. the "X State PASSES Law" headlines are misleading, what the "passes" generally refers to is moving through the legislative process, where it later dies.

and once again, when you are on video clearly going from to 0 to GTA, even if any of those laws did make it through legislature in time to be in place for this, most of the bills contained stipulations, usually worded like this (North Carolina and Tennesssee both had it):
A person shall not be immune from civil liability if the actions leading to the injury were willful or wanton.
"but why didn't you quote Virginia's bill" because it wasn't even about driving, just remaining at the scene of a protest

admin feedback pls
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #326363

>ACLU is suing Charlottesville for illegally shutting down the pre-arranged rally the alt-right set up
>Butthurt donators of them in the past when they sued during the muslim ban want their money back
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #326367

Thats not how donations work
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #326370

Professor Hangor please hang yourself.

The cops at Berkeley and Charlottesville were ordered to stand down. In fact, cops in both instances worked to help Antifa (conservative protestors couldn't have anything resembling a melee weapon, pepperspray, etc) while Antifa were allowed in without being searched. In Charlottesville, when the Gov canceled it, conservatives were herded down a small staircase, with Antifa on the side, pepper spraying them and hitting them with bats.

There's a huge difference between a chant from one side and smashing skulls with bikelocks, switch blades, cherry bomb's, bats, and other weapons being used to deter and silence one side.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #326392

Why did which thing happen?

In general, when it comes to antifa, assume it happens because they're hateful people with the idea that they are right and therefore they do not need to be moral because they're right anyway and the end justifies the means
If you mean the right wing protestors being pushed through a gauntlet, blame the police and mayor for failing to protect them. Usually because the mayors tend to be antifa supporters or otherwise leftist, along with the idea that "If it sucks really hard for them, maybe they'll stop protesting entirely"
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326394

I hope they destroy that statue because fuck the confederacy
XSI

Post by XSI » #326399

I disagree there
It's still art. Worth protecting at least as much as a similar statue of a literal who
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326405

XSI wrote:I disagree there
It's still art. Worth protecting at least as much as a similar statue of a literal who
What are you a seditionist
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #326407

CosmicScientist wrote:That sort of answered my question. Why are the mayors of these places antifa supporters and why did the police, I assume, defer to the mayor's decision to not search or otherwise disarm that group?
Because the mayor can give orders to the chief of police to stand down who then is trapped in a lose/lose situation where they can

Either A: Ignore the order and control the inevitable damage, but then have the mainstream media and the mayor slander you for not doing your job well enough, disobeying orders to stand down (which might actually be illegal to ignore) and arresting some poor dindu nuffin antifa rioters counter-protesters

Or B: Listen to the order and standby while people get the shit kicked out of them and a riot starts because you weren't there, and instead of getting slandered by the msm you get your shit kicked in by the alternative media for not doing you fucking job.

Either way you're fucked.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz