2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by ohnopigeons » #326922

Bottom post of the previous page:

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
Those who know history are doomed to watch others repeat it.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #326928

ok, since it seems to be the only language you fuckers understand, how about a spessmen analogy

An assistant goes around screaming about how all engineers should be killed, gray tide station wide, the works. An engineer takes offense to this and hits the assistant once or twice with a wrench. The assistant beats him to death with a toolbox and spaces him. Engineer ahelps. Admin says "sorry, but you punched him once or twice, which really is just as bad." Also, the assistant sides with the KKK and neo-Nazis.

(I don't think it's a coincidence that the people who are in this topic defending Nazis and the people who are shitters in-game have a pretty good correlation)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Post by Jembo » #326929

The real tragedy of the event is that the alt right were confined to a small meeting area. They had around 500 people in attendance to the event, and the mayor in preparation made sure to have a mix of 1,000 different first responders. A healthy mix of police officers, and national guard members. So rather than keeping these two highly volatile groups separated where they could both peaceful display their free speech rights. The mayor told the police there to stand down and let the groups interact with each other. Which to nobodies surprise ended in violence, probably started by antifa as it fits their MO if you've ever read their handbook for how to behave in a mob.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #326933

bandit wrote:ok, since it seems to be the only language you fuckers understand, how about a spessmen analogy

An assistant goes around screaming about how all engineers should be killed, gray tide station wide, the works. An engineer takes offense to this and hits the assistant once or twice with a wrench. The assistant beats him to death with a toolbox and spaces him. Engineer ahelps. Admin says "sorry, but you punched him once or twice, which really is just as bad." Also, the assistant sides with the KKK and neo-Nazis.

(I don't think it's a coincidence that the people who are in this topic defending Nazis and the people who are shitters in-game have a pretty good correlation)
How about we fix that analogy?
Two assistants fight over the toolboxes at roundstart and are separated by security, but released because security has better things to do. For the rest of the round they go around trying to convince the rest of the station to side with them against the other assistant. One side becomes violent and calls you evil if you say you don't give a shit and just want to do your job. The other side wants to purge lizards from the station and is very vocal about how the station used to be great before that other assistant fucked it all up
Then the second one stands outside of the bridge with a few randoms who support him, demanding his opinion is heard by a captain who likes lizards. At which point the first shows up with some of his supporters and the two fight. Nobody really knows or cares who started it because this shit is retarded, but both sides are certain they're the good guys

At least get your SS13 analogies right, you're an embarrassment to everyone
I don't think it's a coincidence that the people in this topic who judge others are idiots who don't have a clue what's even going on
Last edited by XSI on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #326936

you left out the part where someone died
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
XSI

Post by XSI » #326937

Thanks to the captain telling security and the AI to not bother securing the area, a QM drives in on a hacked mulebot and runs over one of the assistants' supporters
In the end, shit's still retarded but now the QM is getting arrested for murder too, while both sides blame eachother

They're expected to fight again next time they meet, because they're shitters with grudges
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #326939

The liberal response to trumps press conference today.

Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #326940

XSI wrote: 'alt-right'
ShadowDimentio wrote:(that actually weren't all nazis or alt right)
DrPillzRedux wrote:A majority of people went there in support of conservatism and to show support of Trump. Only a few truly white supremacy groups went (a few of which were Antifa pretending to be right-wing nazi's). Of course, the media will paint every person that went as a white supremacist.

>inb4 it was always organized to be about the superior white race

False. The main person behind the event is a mod from digg's Trump sub called Terry. Terry is black. Why would a black guy host a white power event?

Unless I have fallen for some FAKE NEWS almost every featured speaker on this list is either self labelled as a white nationalist (like the headline speaker) or alt-right, and the event was organized by Jason Kessler (who also identifies as alt-right), not some guy named Terry.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #326941

Also SS13 analogies to real life violence are really embarrassing to read please don't
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Post by Jembo » #326945

Does it really matter what the group there was supporting? They're Americans they have the right to peacefully gather and have rallies and protests, regardless of how much I might disagree with their message. I'd rather have these people out their voicing their crazy to the world, so I can make the conscious decision to stay the hell away from them. They followed the law got permits to host their event and the mayor had time between doing everything in his power to shut down their event to prepare for it to make sure it didn't turn out this way. Antifa and the counter protests did not have a permit to have a public gathering, the police could of at any time forced their crowd to disperse, or did everything in their power to keep the groups separated. If anyone wants to point the finger at a dead girl, and violent acts taking place the blame should rest upon the shoulders of the mayor who allowed events to take place in his city. Which would almost seem like he did what he was able to allow the groups to violently engage one another just so he could make a political message against the president.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #326948

Jembo wrote:Does it really matter what the group there was supporting?
It apparently mattered to the half a dozen posters who spent two pages having a side argument about whether they were alt-right or not.
Jembo wrote:They're Americans they have the right to peacefully gather and have rallies and protests
I never said or even implied otherwise.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #326949

Jembo wrote:Does it really matter what the group there was supporting? They're Americans they have the right to peacefully gather and have rallies and protests, regardless of how much I might disagree with their message. I'd rather have these people out their voicing their crazy to the world, so I can make the conscious decision to stay the hell away from them. They followed the law got permits to host their event and the mayor had time between doing everything in his power to shut down their event to prepare for it to make sure it didn't turn out this way. Antifa and the counter protests did not have a permit to have a public gathering, the police could of at any time forced their crowd to disperse, or did everything in their power to keep the groups separated. If anyone wants to point the finger at a dead girl, and violent acts taking place the blame should rest upon the shoulders of the mayor who allowed events to take place in his city. Which would almost seem like he did what he was able to allow the groups to violently engage one another just so he could make a political message against the president.
Very well put.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #326973

Jembo wrote: Does it really matter what the group there was supporting? They're Americans they have the right to peacefully gather and have rallies and protests, regardless of how much I might disagree with their message. I'd rather have these people out their voicing their crazy to the world, so I can make the conscious decision to stay the hell away from them. They followed the law got permits to host their event and the mayor had time between doing everything in his power to shut down their event to prepare for it to make sure it didn't turn out this way. Antifa and the counter protests did not have a permit to have a public gathering, the police could of at any time forced their crowd to disperse, or did everything in their power to keep the groups separated. If anyone wants to point the finger at a dead girl, and violent acts taking place the blame should rest upon the shoulders of the mayor who allowed events to take place in his city. Which would almost seem like he did what he was able to allow the groups to violently engage one another just so he could make a political message against the president.

Counter protestors don't NEED a permit once the inital permit is filed
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/file ... tests.pdfa
https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/w ... or-protest

Also anywhere you get neo nazis together you're going to have a bad time. I mean for fucks sake. People are skirting around the issue. If someone goes to a gay bar, wears hot pants, flirts with all the gay men and sucks cock and then says "I'm not gay" would you believe them? Funny thing is when you’re not a Nazi you tend not to be wandering around the south holding torches with David fucking Duke.

But Mah free speech: I’m glad you like free speech, so do I… I guess you’ll be at the next commie rally or NAMBLA meet up, or maybe radical Islam? We all support free speech because we support even the worst ideas “right” to be expressed, “doesn’t mean you have to show up to every event”. You might want to be selective about…. you know… klan lead white supremacist rally’s. Call it for what it is.
Last edited by starmute on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
XSI

Post by XSI » #326977

Even then, even if Hitler himself arrived by long range arctic submarine and the entire command staff of the fourth reich's hollow earth base wandered out to join the protest
I'd still support their right to say what they want without getting attacked or suppressed

Not saying I would support their cause either, but they should be able to voice that opinion anyway
If Stalin would rise from his grave to come and counterprotest, yeah. I'd support him doing that too.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #326982

InsaneHyena wrote:
bandit wrote:LALALALALA, CAN'T HEAR YOU
This is you, Starmute.
the police could of at any time forced their crowd to disperse, or did everything in their power to keep the groups separated. If anyone wants to point the finger at a dead girl, and violent acts taking place the blame should rest upon the shoulders of the mayor who allowed events to take place in his city. Which would almost seem like he did what he was able to allow the groups to violently engage one another just so he could make a political message against the president.
Last edited by lntigracy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
you are mom is gay
starmute

Post by starmute » #326984

XSI wrote:Even then, even if Hitler himself arrived by long range arctic submarine and the entire command staff of the fourth reich's hollow earth base wandered out to join the protest
I'd still support their right to say what they want without getting attacked or suppressed

Not saying I would support their cause either, but they should be able to voice that opinion anyway
If Stalin would rise from his grave to come and counterprotest, yeah. I'd support him doing that too.
But you know there would be trouble. They have the right but they are abhorrent. I'm not saying they don't have the right to do so but you have to call a duck a duck at some point. When racists come to your community with pipes, guns and whatnot you know there is going to be trouble.
starmute

Post by starmute » #326986

lntigracy wrote:
InsaneHyena wrote:
bandit wrote:LALALALALA, CAN'T HEAR YOU
This is you, Starmute.
1/10 adhomenin attack. Not even worth my effort to call you something back. Get Crag as your PR man and then we'll talk.
Yes. Although counter-demonstrators should not be allowed to physically disrupt the event they are protesting, they do have the right to be present and to voice their displeasure. Police are permitted to keep two antagonistic groups separated but should allow them to be within the general vicinity of one another.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #326988

What good comes from two groups that despise each other to be near each other

That's like saying keeping potassium and water near each other is a good idea, you're literally begging for something to happen between the two.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #326989

That would be the police and if necessary military's problem.
Keep the two sides separate and minimize rioting

The mayor should have had this organized in such a way that there was safety for all of them, but he didn't. And because of that, I would place all official blame on him. He's got the job which comes with responsibilities. And he didn't do what he had to
If individuals causing trouble can be caught then they would ideally get a fair trial as well, of course
Last edited by XSI on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
starmute

Post by starmute » #326990

ShadowDimentio wrote:What good comes from two groups that despise each other to be near each other

That's like saying keeping potassium and water near each other is a good idea, you're literally begging for something to happen between the two.
The problem is that people have a right to "rally". And if you have a right to "rally" other's have a right to protest said rally.

Free speech is a bitch ain't it.

Also I would probably put it more as someone putting a ticking time bomb next to water. Nazis will cause shit regardless of protests or no. Look at what they did in my state (Idaho).
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #326991

Some civil rights group is already having charges filed against the mayor for negligence and contributing to the unrest. I'd love to hear what possible reason he would have to tell the police to stand down while shit went down.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #326993

starmute wrote:The problem is that people have a right to "rally". And if you have a right to "rally" other's have a right to protest said rally.

Also I would probably put it more as someone putting a ticking time bomb next to water. Nazis will cause shit regardless of protests or no. Look at what they did in my state (Idaho).
You absolutely have a right to rally, but free speech doesn't mean you have the right to go scream in your opposition's faces and start a riot when inevitably civility breaks down.

This is just basic common sense to not put two groups that fucking hate each other anywhere near one-another
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
starmute

Post by starmute » #326995

ShadowDimentio wrote:
starmute wrote:The problem is that people have a right to "rally". And if you have a right to "rally" other's have a right to protest said rally.

You absolutely have a right to rally, but free speech doesn't mean you have the right to go scream in your opposition's faces and start a riot when inevitably civility breaks down.

This is just basic common sense to not put two groups that fucking hate each other anywhere near one-another
The problem is that both of them have a right to the space. Yeah its "common sense" but really you can't legislate common sense most of the time. The constitution is a loose bit of rules and allows leeway.

Example "The right to bear arms"

Does that mean that everyone has the right to a BGM-71 TOW ("Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided or Wireless) missile system [if so sign me up]? Does it mean you only get a musket rifle. Its very vague.

Not to mention the city SAID it wasn't equiped for this protest. They feared shit like this would happen due to the racist overtones. They were sued. They lost.
starmute

Post by starmute » #326997

God I love the commercials for it.

[youtube]yAQriKjK1NQ[/youtube]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #326998

"The left supports BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS, as long as you're non-white and vote Democrat otherwise YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED AND YOUR FUTURE IS BROOOWN! KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY BLACK LIVES ONLY"

"The right supports BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS, as long as you ARENT A BEANER OR A TRANNY OR A NIGGER WE MUST SECURE A FUTURE FOR OUR WHITE CHILDREN 14/88"

The Media: "those crazy nazis are picking on those po brave progressives...how evil..."
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #327025

gas the kikes race wart now the us government and all western culture that is bent towards mass-marketed industrialism is satan globalist kike shit
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #327028

All of this over a statue that no one sane should have tried to take down

People be stupid
starmute

Post by starmute » #327042

Takeguru wrote:All of this over a statue that no one sane should have tried to take down

People be stupid
Southerners are shitheads. Nobody should venerate traitors.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #327046

starmute wrote:
Takeguru wrote:All of this over a statue that no one sane should have tried to take down

People be stupid
yeah fuck history and shit
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #327048

Armhulen wrote:
starmute wrote:

People be stupid
>Southerners are shitheads. Nobody should venerate traitors.
Golly gee I guess the founding fathers are unworthy of remembrance and we should destroy all the monuments of them, they betrayed His Majesty the King so we shouldn't venerate them.

>inb4 IT'S DIFFERENT
The only difference is that the Confederacy lost so didn't get to write the history books.
you are mom is gay
starmute

Post by starmute » #327049

lntigracy wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
starmute wrote:

People be stupid
>Southerners are shitheads. Nobody should venerate traitors.
Golly gee I guess the founding fathers are unworthy of remembrance and we should destroy all the monuments of them, they betrayed His Majesty the King so we shouldn't venerate them.

>inb4 IT'S DIFFERENT
The only difference is that the Confederacy lost so didn't get to write the history books.
And yet we don't have a golden statue of King George.

"Golly gee". Guess southerners have to be special snowflakes because they lost a war. "Hey have a participation medal, don't feel so bad you betrayed the United States of America"

Frankly I don't understand why you have to literally build monuments to bad ideas. Let history stay in the history books instead of having people go off the rails like this.

The confederates were traitors and got off far too easily. Imagine if a PFC shot a Sgt and then said something like "Well I'm not a murderer because I don't believe in military rules". Are you fucking kidding me. That shit would should hang according to the UCMJ.

You know maybe I can understand your ignorance. "Boy howdy lets just build statues for EVERYONE who betrays us. Edward Snowden come on down! We'll even build a statue of Ossama Bin Laden because he didn't cause nearly as many American deaths as Gen Lee did." right?

All the people who fought the civil war are dead and gone. The people who venerate them either have a perverse idea of what they were or worse. It was a brief horrible time in our history and while we shouldn't forget it we definitely shouldn't fucking gloss over it or venerate it.

I mean seriously of all fucking moments in American history, Tesslas invention of AC power, the creation of the Hover dam, and for southerners the FUCKING INVENTION OF AIR CONDITIONING in the SOUTH what would you want to remember? Well how about the one time when we decided to go off and shoot millions of our fellow countrymen because we didn't like the president. God damn it southerners.

I mean that's like making a god damn monument of someone who raped the most women in the US. Congrats you did a horrible thing. It was something. It happened. Yes but don't make a god damn monument to it.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #327054

Nice false equivalency there with the UCMJ, really nice.

The founding fathers were traitors as well, the only difference is they didn't lose.
Nobody should venerate traitors.
Therefore the statues and monuments of/for George Washington should be destroyed.
you are mom is gay
starmute

Post by starmute » #327055

lntigracy wrote:Nice false equivalency there with the UCMJ, really nice.

The founding fathers were traitors as well, the only difference is they didn't lose.
Nobody should venerate traitors.
Therefore the statues and monuments of/for George Washington should be destroyed.

That's a garbage statement and you know it. But its the only statement you can come at me with. But the "Normans were foregin invaders blah blah blah. "

Garbage, absolute garbage and you know it.

USMJ

(a) "Any person subject to this chapter who--

(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuse, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;

(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct."

As for your argument lets talk about it

What "Great political problem" did the confederacy address aside for "Succession for the sake of succession"? They lost the election so they took up arms. They were losers. They couldn't figure out how to work out a problem with others so they took it upon themselves to take up arms.

The revolution of the United States had TONS of differences than the confederate mutiny. There were loads of problems that GB ignored like representation, differences in how GB was managed. Tons of them. Too many to list here.

So there you have it. On one side a legitimate reason to pick up arms against your goverment. On the other being pissed about a election and being a sore loser.

But yeah. I love how you defend Nazis, talk about how the American revolution wasn't legitimate and throw your hat in with Traitors. A+ there champ. 3/3

Here's some more stuff you can potentially say to cheese people off.

"I love ISIS. They haven't killed enough Christians in Syria"
"Palestine is the only true state in Israel, gas the Jews"
"I hate everything American. I hate myself, Gas me too"
"Rape is a fun game"
"4chan is my only source of information"
Last edited by starmute on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #327057

We shouldn't completely forget talented commanders and soldiers just because they were on the losing side.

An entire armed conflict with half of the military fighting the other half is not in any way comparable to a PFC shooting his SGT because he doesn't like the orders he's been given. Stop trying to compare the two.
you are mom is gay
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #327059

Funfact the civil war didn't start until President Lincoln refused to remove soldiers from a garrison in South Carolina, Fort Sumner. In fact, he sent more troops and supplies instead, which under international law at the time was considered an act of war.

Funfact the exact wording for treason is as follows:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Funfact Lincoln started the war with the South, and since his claim was that the Confederacy was not allowed to secede and was still part of the United States, he was guilty of treason.
By your own demands, we should begin removing statues of Abraham Lincoln for he is a traitor.

Funfact the Declaration of Independence used this as its excuse for why the colonies declared independence from King Georgey:
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Funfact if the confederates were traitors then so were the founding fathers.
By your own demands, we should begin removing statues of George Washington and etc. for they are traitors.
Last edited by lntigracy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
you are mom is gay
starmute

Post by starmute » #327060

lntigracy wrote:We shouldn't completely forget talented commanders and soldiers just because they were on the losing side.

An entire armed conflict with half of the military fighting the other half is not in any way comparable to a PFC shooting his SGT because he doesn't like the orders he's been given. Stop trying to compare the two.
So you're saying you need to hang the whole southern army since they mutinied? Good idea.

We don't make monuments to Joseph Goebels because he was great at convincing people that Nazism was good. Nor do we have monuments to Erich Von Manstein.

And we definitely should not give a statue to leaders of a mutiny.

Or does it say
"(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished ̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶u̶n̶i̶s̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶t̶-̶m̶a̶r̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶.̶" by building fucking statue in their likeness for military wantabees, nazis and white supremacists to rub their dick into."

If you want to appreciate how well they commanded. Read a fucking book.
starmute

Post by starmute » #327061

lntigracy wrote: Funfact the civil war didn't start until President Lincoln refused to remove soldiers from a garrison in South Carolina, Fort Sumner. In fact, he sent more troops and supplies instead, which under international law at the time was considered an act of war.
By a illegimate government.

Funfact the exact wording for treason is as follows:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Look up mutiny smart ass. I gave you the word for word definition.
Funfact Lincoln started the war with the South, and since his claim was that the Confederacy was not allowed to secede and was still part of the United States, he was guilty of treason.
By your own demands, we should begin removing statues of Abraham Lincoln for he is a traitor.
It was still part of the United States. The declaration was not legally recognized. In fact it was not LEGAL.
Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

Funfact the Declaration of Independence used this as its excuse for why the colonies declared independence from King Georgey:
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Funfact if the confederates were traitors then so were the founding fathers.
By your own demands, we should begin removing statues of George Washington and etc. for they are traitors.
You keep repeating the same argument. It keeps falling flat. Good job.
XSI

Post by XSI » #327062

starmute wrote: "Rape is a fun game"
Hey, thats not fair. 9 out of 10 participants enjoy gangrape

But of course, lets just tear down statues of everything considered bad. Then once the nazis take over we can start tearing down all the holocaust memorials too, so nobody will know what's going on when they start collecting the jews in camps again

The argument you quoted in the last little quote bit isn't falling flat. You're just refusing to accept it because it doesn't fit your worldview

Nothing I can say will go through anyway so I'm just going to keep it at that. Consider thinking about why these statues still exist after this long, and why they mattered to the people enough to march in defense of them.
If you at any point get to the answer "Racism" or "They're just evil", then you're wrong and you should start again from the beginning
starmute

Post by starmute » #327064

XSI wrote:
starmute wrote: "Rape is a fun game"
Hey, thats not fair. 9 out of 10 participants enjoy gangrape

But of course, lets just tear down statues of everything considered bad. Then once the nazis take over we can start tearing down all the holocaust memorials too, so nobody will know what's going on when they start collecting the jews in camps again

Nothing I can say will go through anyway so I'm just going to keep it at that. Consider thinking about why these statues still exist after this long, and why they mattered to the people enough to march in defense of them.
If you at any point get to the answer "Racism" or "They're just evil", then you're wrong and you should start again from the beginning
At some point statues to Stalin came down. (que Intigracy crying about how Stalin was such a great dictator and how he contributed so much to society). They meant a lot back (to communists)then too. I understand that its a cultural thing but the same can be said about "gangsta rap" that talks about rape. Both are repugnant cultures. And while I can mostly avoid listening about someone do this shit my tax dollars are going to support monuments of assholes who deserved a noose.
Spoiler:
Why is this considered a cultural thing? How is this excusable?
http://uproxx.com/webculture/50-absurd-rape-lyrics/
If you noticed something I never mentioned slavery or racism. If you want to bring that up it brings up a whole other bag of tator tots I don't want to get into.

Regardless these assholes who deserved the noose are venerated by people due to a retarded culture that prizes that fact that they were "defiant" and killed fellow Americans because they felt like it or you know the whole racism thing which I don't want to get into. It frequently attracts the worst kinds of Americans, like Nazis, White Supremacists, and 4chan users from /pol/ and probably should be replaced with statues of something everyone can enjoy in the south like the invention of air conditioning that, having visited there I can assure you everyone down there is thankful for.

The very fact that a KKK wizard came out to defend it makes me want to destroy shit like that more.

It attracts bad people, its outdated, its a symbol of treason (or if you want to get specific a mutiny). Then theres that grey area of racism that people hate but whatever. I mean fuck. You want a positive symbol of the south? How about Elvis Presley eating a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. Sure Elvis wasn't perfect but the only person he killed was himself. He was fun. He wasn't nothing but a hound dog.

Hulk hogan was a mess but hey he was southern. Put those 24 inch pythons in a monument "brotha".

Ty Cobb, Alvin York, Chuck Yager. All good candidates if you have to put something in stone.

The only thing it that slab of rock is doing now is creating tension. Its in a public space, its objectionable to a good number of the population for various reasons. If you want your own private monument to failure you are free to put it on your lawn. Plenty of people do.

I mean really if you want I can list a ton of things I wouldn't commission for a city. I wouldn't commission a life sized JFK getting his brains blown out in a public space. I wouldn't commission a nude Donald Trump in a public space. I wouldn't commission the human centipede to be mandatory in all schools.

All those things happened (with the exception of the human centipede). They are things that we just don't want to see day to day. The fact that these statues attract human filth like flies should PROBABLY be a good indication of why they need to come down.

If you really want to see what the confederacy was about... go to Andersonville Georgia.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #327072

What really grinds my gears is that there is no evidence of Trump holding racist or white supremacist views, yet /pol/acks and neo-nazis still go on saying "he's really our guy" like he's just pretending for the sake of the media. I mean, he has close jewish family members, he placed Jews at all levels of the administration, he supports Israel, he LITERALLY SAID "Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are REPUGNANT to everything we hold dear as Americans." after Charlottesville, but somehow it's all a facade to hide his real views and "Well he did the best he could allow himself to, it's good enough for me", like he's actually planning internment camps for brown people away from the cameras and the day of the rope is just around the corner. How fucking delusional can you be to believe this shit... Maybe it's because Americans are unable to see things without polarizing everything as black or white, but from the outside it's pretty clear once you filter out all the propaganda.

Try to get it through your thick skull, Trump is focusing on the middle, working class American, he doesn't give a fuck about your "white genocide" bullshit, he's gonna make your country (and hopefully all the western world) a better place for EVERYONE (or at least try to), brown or white, and maybe we can all finally hope for a century of peace and prosperity, free from all the pointless partisan bickering. Why, WHY do you have to poison everything with your stupid hate and ancient racist ideologies? I swear, you americans can't even realize when you have something good, it's like it's all shit in your hands.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #327074

Watch 10:46 -> 13:16 or just click the below link.
[youtube]poFDm0WRqUo[/youtube]

As an aside it's actually really infuriating watching this and seeing the reporters continually speaking over him.
you are mom is gay
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #327075

This gem came from after the protest was cancelled and the cops forced everyone down stairs and onto a path anftifa was waiting at.

This black guy said someone pointed a gun at him so he went and got an aerosol can then used it as a flamethrower in self defense. Don't mind the black Antifa clothes and mask, and the dumb notion he went and got a can to go back and fight a dude who had a gun.

This is the dumbest article, god damn.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independ ... html%3famp
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #327101

On the flipside grazyn is the left taking trump as saying "racism is evil" and saying HE'S NOT ADVOCATING THE EXTERMINATION OF THE WHITE RACE HE'S A FUCKING FASCIST AND WE SHOULD KILL HIM

Like holy fuck democraps every time you fall trump a fascist you are literally shitting on the memory of the thousands that have actually suffered and died under actually oppressive regimes where you could be fucking "disappeared" under fucking SUSPICION of holding anti-government views. Fuckin hell
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #327106

Grazyn wrote:What really grinds my gears is that there is no evidence of Trump holding racist or white supremacist views, yet /pol/acks, antifa, commies and neo-nazis think he's just pretending for the sake of the media. I mean, he has close jewish family members, he placed Jews at all levels of the administration, he supports Israel, he LITERALLY SAID "Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are REPUGNANT to everything we hold dear as Americans." after Charlottesville, but somehow it's all a facade to hide his real views and "Well he did the best he could allow himself to, it's good enough for me", like he's actually planning internment camps for brown or cis-white people away from the cameras and the day of the rope is just around the corner. How fucking delusional can you be to believe this shit... Maybe it's because Americans are unable to see things without polarizing everything as black or white, but from the outside it's pretty clear once you filter out all the propaganda.

Try to get it through your thick skull, Trump is focusing on the middle, working class American, he doesn't give a fuck about your "white genocide" or "non-white or LGBTI genocide" bullshit, he's gonna make your country (and hopefully all the western world) a better place for EVERYONE (or at least try to), brown or white, and maybe we can all finally hope for a century of peace and prosperity, free from all the pointless partisan bickering. Why, WHY do you have to poison everything with your stupid hateful ideologies which you won't benefit from anyway? I swear, you americans can't even realize when you have something good, it's like it's all shit in your hands.
fixed it for u
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #327110

holy fuck i just realized antifa is the real life equivalent of greytiding then ahelping when caught
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #327112

The bitter irony is that SS13 spacemen are already living in a communist paradise and its not enough so they greytide for exclusive shit like captains ID to gain the most advantage rather than work for it.

Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #327113

Scotland has statues of both William Wallace and Robert the Bruce, France has statues of Napoleon, Italy probably has statues of all sorts of emperors
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #327132

CosmicScientist wrote:
For Italy you might want to consider Mussolini? I don't know. I honestly know little of history.
This is tricky because it isn't so easy to erase everything built during 20 years of dictatorship, expecially when half of Italy didn't have the added bonus of being bombed to smithereens by the Allies after the 1943 armistice, unlike Germany. We have entire towns built by Mussolini, some of them were even named after him (and got their name changed after the war - at least some did). Fascists monuments are everywhere, you can still see fascist wartime mottos and catchphrases engraved on random walls in villages and so on.

As far as actual fascists and neo-fascists go... they're mostly seen as somewhat of a joke. They hold their rallies, they worship a few fascist landmarks like the town of Salò or Mussolini's tomb and mausoleum, they protest when a monument or a statue is taken down, and there are counterprotests by what you'd call "antifa" but they rarely clash anymore. We had our fair share of actual battles and gunfights between reds and blacks (and cops) during the 60's and 70's with heavy death toll on both sides and nothing ever comes close to those times. Serious clashes nowadays only occur between lefties and cops, mainly students or trade unions protesting the government. Most cops in Italy are fascists though, so yeah this could be seen as reds vs blacks too but cops are literally everywhere here and we usually go on about our day pretending they're not actually fascists, it makes it easier.

We also have laws that allow prosecution of the happy few who want to re-enact their little fascist fantasy in public. Latest one was this funny character

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07 ... ive-signs/
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #327133

Let me tell you that leftism will be dead in 10 years or completely revamped and if you're on or near that political train ramp youve been proscribing to some really fake non-reality shit.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #327135

to be fair the scots cut the head off that wallace statue because it was actually a statue of mel gibson that some fucking retard made and and some idiot councillor caved and let him put on display at the wallace monument

if you're going to hold up fucking braveheart of all things as something to be preserved as a representation of history then I have some bad news for you
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #327149

CosmicScientist wrote:That does sound like a funny man to be laughed at. Those do sound like some very disturbing signs to put up and on a beach of all places (I sincerely hope they weren't as specific to actually say a cosh to the teeth for not paying for the toilet, that's a tad involved and as you said, a fascist fantasy).
Yes they actually did, here's the picture http://mattinopadova.gelocal.it/polopol ... /image.JPG
he also had signs threatening to shoot patrons who didn't behave and another calling showers "gas chambers" but as I said, I think people mostly thought it was funny or they agreed with his views, there aren't so many public places where you can enjoy being a fascist after all. We're talking about a beach where the owner gave fascist speeches on speakers every hour for everyone to enjoy, there's not much else he could've done to catch the interest of the media.