Post by Malkevin » #347156

Bottom post of the previous page:

You guys (cosmic especially) need to start putting tl/dr on your posts
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by Drynwyn » #347160

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:It would be fair to say, of course, that a large number of Antifa members support the overthrow of the US government- but I don't think it's fair to claim that about the movement as a whole.
It's still an organization that a military officer has no business being anywhere near.
I made, and continue to make, no statements about that.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #347161

Drynwyn wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:It would be fair to say, of course, that a large number of Antifa members support the overthrow of the US government- but I don't think it's fair to claim that about the movement as a whole.
It's still an organization that a military officer has no business being anywhere near.
No, instead you're defending position based on arbitrary criteria for what can and cannot define a group position.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #347169

Its pretty amazing how much you can get away with if you just label anyone you target a bad guy
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347223

cedarbridge wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
No, instead you're defending position based on arbitrary criteria for what can and cannot define a group position.
I fail to see how the criteria you have proposed are any less arbitrary. Or rather, not proposed, as you've said that Antifa is X but have not defined any basis upon which you might make that claim.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #347228

Drynwyn wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
I fail to see how the criteria you have proposed are any less arbitrary. Or rather, not proposed, as you've said that Antifa is X but have not defined any basis upon which you might make that claim.
I mean, I can see how you might think that was an argument that proved your position tenable if we lived in some sort of weird zero-sum world made of sophistry where my lack of detail regarding my definitions criteria removed your own position's need for justification. If I were to suggest an equally arbitrary criterion, both would be similarly useless. Wherein you admit or at least choose not to refute that your criterion is arbitrary we can then accept that it does no good in allowing us to frame group-held positions. You do this after, with a straight face, asserting that approximately 60% of German Bolshevik (Antifa) party members were communist because reasons I guess? What we've been trying to get to you is, when you attempt to reduce group action and group motive to a series of individual characteristics where the exception disproves the rule, you have a case where group action or group intention cannot exist because 1) the supposed leader is disputed by a member of the group and therefore his choices, positions, actions do not represent the whole and cannot be ascribed to the whole vis a vis your framework. 2) literally every member of a group will be different by definition even in a case where each member of the group were a carbon copy clone of the one before it. This is because groups are composed of humans. If the assumption is t define group agency and group intention then you've set up a rubric where the group cannot act because each group is really a collective of microgroups equal to the number of members plus any interrelationary associations between said microgroups.

Are we done playing sophomore philosophy yet? This whole conversation has boiled down to sophistry, wordplay and framing without a point or purpose.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #347256

because not every nazi personally gassed a jew it's not fair to say the nazis gassed jews amirite
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347259

welcome to politics
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347280

that's literally what putin's government is though

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347311

A) I would be quite willing to argue a position that people have to be judged as individuals, not as members of groups. In the abstract, at least, that seems totally tenable!

B) I've not said that a disputed leader isn't a leader, but I don't think you can even point to a disputed leader of Antifa- I certainly could not if pressed.

C) You're accusing of sophistry, basically, for disagreeing with the statement "Antifa is communist" and discussing what it means to assign attributes to groups- but that's an important discussion, especially if we're going to claim a warrant for action on the basis of that claim.

I'm all ears if you want to present an argument for why Antifa is communist, or alternatively, why them being largely communist is sufficient for your case (whatever that may be).
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #347321

Because just because some people in a group aren't bad, when a fair chunk of them are it reflects poorly on the group as a whole, and there's no reason to not condemn a group based on the actions of the people in it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #347334

I mean

Antifa has historically been the violent branch of the communist party in several european countries
Doesn't mean they still are today, but it is their roots and reasonable to assume that they might still be
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347366

ShadowDimentio wrote:Because just because some people in a group aren't bad, when a fair chunk of them are it reflects poorly on the group as a whole, and there's no reason to not condemn a group based on the actions of the people in it.
If that is the case, I could reasonably condemn: Democrats, Republicans, /tg/ station admins, career politicians, people with a net worth in excess of 500 million, police officers, Antifa, black people, white people, asian people, and quite possibly the human race in general, depending on what you define to be "a fair chunk."
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #347368

>Implying Humanity is real
>Implying that any of you are real
>Implying that I'm not the only person who really exists and isn't a mindless automaton who acts like it exists
Step it up
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347387

Anonmare wrote:>Implying Humanity is real
>Implying that any of you are real
>Implying that I'm not the only person who really exists and isn't a mindless automaton who acts like it exists
Step it up
>implying that you yourself know you exist
your consciousness could be illusory
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #347395

In order to even consider that I don't myself exist, I have to be able to exist in order to refute my own existence
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #347397

Shoo shoo solipsism jew!
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #347409

Drynwyn wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Because just because some people in a group aren't bad, when a fair chunk of them are it reflects poorly on the group as a whole, and there's no reason to not condemn a group based on the actions of the people in it.
If that is the case, I could reasonably condemn: Democrats, Republicans, /tg/ station admins, career politicians, people with a net worth in excess of 500 million, police officers, Antifa, black people, white people, asian people, and quite possibly the human race in general, depending on what you define to be "a fair chunk."
Most of those groups aren't groups though
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #347423

Drynwyn is correct down with the human race we are objectively awful
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #347430

Shut your mouth before I genocide you, boy
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347497

Anonmare wrote:In order to even consider that I don't myself exist, I have to be able to exist in order to refute my own existence
All you know for sure is that SOMETHING exists, you can't say for sure it's you!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #347503

Drynwyn wrote:
Anonmare wrote:In order to even consider that I don't myself exist, I have to be able to exist in order to refute my own existence
All you know for sure is that SOMETHING exists, you can't say for sure it's you!
Descartes was a moron.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347507

cedarbridge wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
Descartes was a moron.
Descartes was like Plato- he was a very clever person who's notability is only slightly diminished by the fact that he was wrong about everything!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347529

philosophy doesn't really work that way, though

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #347549

Catalonia independence won't turn into actual armed conflict. Kurdistan independence almost certainly will.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #347551

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Its pretty amazing how much you can get away with if you just label anyone you target a bad guy
The government does it all the time. Which group is un-American now bitches
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #347552

Antifa is right on the fact that the 1% should be dragged into the street and have their brains insanely caved in with large heavy objects and if you disagree you are absolutely part of the JIDF
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #347562

captain sawrge wrote:Antifa is right on the fact that all non-whites should be dragged into the street and have their brains insanely caved in with large heavy objects and if you disagree you are absolutely part of the JIDF
Fixed
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #347569

We really need someone to invent a zombification gas so we can fucking beat and shoot people to death in the streets with no contentious political motivation behind it because killing zombies is more socially acceptable than killing loving peeps

Itd get a lot of aggression out
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #347570

Super Aggro Crag wrote:We really need someone to invent a zombification gas so we can fucking beat and shoot people to death in the streets with no contentious political motivation behind it because killing zombies is more socially acceptable than killing loving peeps

Itd get a lot of aggression out
Once your net worth breaches a billion you stop feeling love and human emotions anyway
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #347573

Yeah but there's not enough billionaires to give everyone a chance to smash a humanoid being's fucking brains out sawrge
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #347710

state troopers coming in
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #347726

Go watch it in person

If the cops are actually doing their jobs and keeping the peace you'll be safe and sound.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #347727

remember if a riot does happen the police wont care about your political standings

youre going to get beat up regardless.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #347728

If a riot happens, find the nearest officer and hold your hands in the air as you ask for help.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #347729

remember when a riot happens to shout out your deepest most controversial political opinions to the nearest officer.

bonus points if they're race related
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #347732

Realtalk. If a riot starts you run towards the largest concentration of friendship windmills and you pray you outrun the commies.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #347738

feds

even tho we dont have a federal government that is still the name for POLAICE
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #347740

BLEASCHMHNMN

[youtube]EIEUEqYwIdY[/youtube]
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #347776

I like "Pigs" myself

Short simple and to the point
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #347828

lntigracy wrote:If a riot happens, find the nearest officer and hold your hands in the air as you ask for help.
No this will you look big and threatening

Keep your hands behind your back so they can cuff you easier
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #347832

Malkevin wrote:
lntigracy wrote:If a riot happens, find the nearest officer and hold your hands in the air as you ask for help.
No this will you look big and threatening

Keep your hands behind your back so they can cuff you easier
No this will make you look small and shifty.

Keep your hands on the gun pressed to your temple so they can shoot you easier.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #347895

This may be controversial but I do not think there is a whole lot the white supremacist man could say to culturally or intellectually enrich you
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #347906

sneed
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #347909

ch uck
XSI

Post by XSI » #347939

Any viewpoint is worth listening to

After that you may proceed to ridicule, disgust, or any negative emotion if you want. But at least you'll have heard their side of it. Even if it turns out to be provably untrue and retarded (Like Egyptians being black)
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #347941

Every viewpoint is worth listening to

Not every viewpoint is worth risking your life just for listening to it

Seriously, don't place yourself in harm's way if you can avoid it.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #347944

XSI wrote:(Like Egyptians being black)
WE
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #347946

Grazyn wrote:Every viewpoint is worth listening to

If a bunch of LARPing commies is enough to make you fear for your life, its time to reevaluate your life.
XSI

Post by XSI » #347949

If you are worried for your health, safety, or life, you can also just watch the thing on youtube.
That said, antifa is notoriously weak and cowardly. I'd not be afraid of them
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #347955

cedarbridge wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Every viewpoint is worth listening to

If a bunch of LARPing commies is enough to make you fear for your life, its time to reevaluate your life.
Last time larping commies fought larping nazis a car plowed into a crowd and a guy fired his handgun at someone with a flamethrower.

Not to mention the possibility of getting dragged through the court system if you wind up in a fight.

It's completely rational to see something the national guard was called out for as a risk worth avoiding.