2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by cedarbridge » #352691

Bottom post of the previous page:

XSI wrote:It's amusing that the most disrespectful people support banning free speech for those who are disrespectful

Of course, the idea is that it only applies to people disrespectful against them. And not to them being disrespectful to anyone else
This is hatespeech. We're going to have to confiscate your Internet browser.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #352695

XSI wrote: Of course, the idea is that it only applies to people disrespectful against them. And not to them being disrespectful to anyone else
Not always the case.

DemonFiren wrote:can i get a link to the detailed survey results
Literally in my first post
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #352717

Kor wrote:
XSI wrote: Of course, the idea is that it only applies to people disrespectful against them. And not to them being disrespectful to anyone else
Not always the case.
I more meant that as a dig that they do not respect other people's opinions by wanting them banned/censorred, but are perfectly fine with voicing their opinion that certain opinions shouldn't be allowed
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #352752

People bitch everu day about trumps fascism on facebook not even realizing under an actual fascist regime theyd be in a mass grave right now for bitching online about it
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #352804

Facist regimes actually end up pretty nice after they get done shooting

Restrictive, but nice enough

More nice than the millions dead and poor after an attempt to go to communism

Well, until you turn all of europe into a warzone and blame ze joos, anyway
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #352816

Takeguru wrote:Facist regimes actually end up pretty nice after they get done shooting

To be fair, they were blaming the jews before and after both of those wars.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #352821

l m a o
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #352823

oranges pls
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #352834

DemonFiren wrote:oranges pls
ohhh
uhm

excuse me
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #353639

I don't know why they're using non-sexual harassment examples when theres plenty of examples of MP diddling the kiddies.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #353685

Malkevin wrote:I don't know why they're using non-sexual harassment examples when theres plenty of examples of MP diddling the kiddies.
You don't bite the hand that feeds you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #353920

Today's scottish Sun front page was about jesus beating the shit out of a jedi

Sun article: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/s ... up-dundee/

The slightly less tabloidy Independent's article on the same story: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 36206.html

And of course it happened in Dundee
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #354199

So that's what they mean by "bloody hilarious".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #354232

Takeguru wrote:Facist regimes actually end up pretty nice after they get done shooting

Nice is not a meaningful category without freedom to choose what things you think are nice. Your "nice" is not the same as my "nice" is not the same as anyone else's "nice", nor are they meaningfully commensurable. The idea of there being a universally desirable state that it's O.K to restrictively impose on people through violence, without their consent, is not coherent.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #354237

Haha yeah man fascist regimes are awesome, and I'm sure they'll tell you they're awesome, after they've shot everyone that won't.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #354254

ShadowDimentio wrote:

Haha yeah man fascist regimes are awesome, and I'm sure they'll tell you they're awesome, after they've shot everyone that won't.
You're thinking about communism
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #354269

Any political ideology that centers around "finding the right people to make Glorious Leader" isn't going to work long-term and produce desirable results. That goes for statist communism, fascism, pretty much any authoritarian system really.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #354274

I am appalled by the number of people taking whatever these hollywood actors are saying at face value. I mean, they're actors. They lie for a living. Why would you ever trust an actor? Yes, politicians are sleazy and lie as well, but actors are on a whole other level. Let the police do its work and we'll know the truth soon enough, but for fucks sake, don't trust actors.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #354282

But, like, true fascism has never been tried, man.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #354768

Malkevin wrote:But, like, true fascism has never been tried, man.
Not to be a stereotype, but that is true. There really hasnt been a fascist regime that has collapsed on its self without outside conflict.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #354807

CosmicScientist wrote:I thought Germany created conflict to ignore their economic crash? Or was that created an economic crash by gearing up for the conflict...
Arguably, both! But primarily Hitler got Germany off the ground by doing both lots of civil works, borrowing money from other nations like crazy and releasing TONS of government bonds (Mefo bills). End result of that was, however, that by about 1940's German economy would have collapsed, primarily due to having to actually pay out these loans and the fact that almost total lack of unemployment (there was some, despite official metrics - they played with statistics, and said certain kinds of unemployment didn't qualify) was mostly due to lots of jobs supporting the military. Had no war started, growing costs of military support would have been quite problematic.

By declaring war in 1939, Hitler effectively nullified money owed to international bankers and created war-time economy, where expectations were quite a bit lower (we are in a war, stop complaining!). This also allowed them to either nullify or postpone payment of actual loans owned nationally, and, later, provided them with LOADS of what was pretty much slave labour.

Now, the actual economic ideas behind Mefo bills and certain other economic tricks are in many places sound - Mefo bills were a method of running a deficit greater than one permitted by the Versailles Treaty, and they bypassed interest rate limit imposed by the Treaty. Moreover, large influx of money into what was basically an economy in it's shambles did help. Additionally, as mentioned above, setting up the state-funded Reinhardt Program (I shit you not, that is a real name) helped employ unskilled workers greatly by having them work on waterways, autobahns and railroads. This was, logically, followed by rapid rise in production of cars and other ways of personal transportation, which helped hide expansions made to the army.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #354974

calzilla1 wrote:
Malkevin wrote:But, like, true fascism has never been tried, man.
Not to be a stereotype, but that is true. There really hasnt been a fascist regime that has collapsed on its self without outside conflict.
In case it wasn't obvious I was taking the piss out of all those hippy commies that claim true communism has never been tried when you point out that Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Che, and the rest of the murderous bastards were worse than the nazis they yell about at every smash the fash rally.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #354989

"No True Scotsman" fallacy is universal across the political spectrum, and especially its fringes, and could be used as a proof of the horseshoe theory.
Last edited by Jazaen on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #355093

This just means we need to have all sides at the same time

National-communism with fascist leaders and an internal capitalist market only
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #355587

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #355588

High quality journalism
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #355613

RIP AND TEAR

YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #355648

If not, there will be now
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #355672

the video is amazing

"here's all the mods his gun COULD have had! Okay he didn't have those mods but he COULD have had them!"

Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #356101

Gotta have the babyseeking assault bullets and the extended clips and the evil foregrip that enables full auto
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #356103

Marginally related, anyone that calls for extended mags to be banned should have their opinions on guns immediately revoked. It's a metal box with a spring, you can't ban that.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #356107

so why can't we attach chainsaws to KAs for faster butchering

do chainsaws butcher faster?
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #356110

We need to make that a thing
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #356158

LAPD is forming a special task force to investigate all the sex allegations in Hollywood.

I hear they're calling it Operation Jewtree.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #356173

There's a lot of stuff about guns that people with no knowledge clamor for banning

The only one I can sort of get behind is bumpfire stocks because that does enable pseudo full-giggle

Everything else though is pretty kosher
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #357451

Takeguru wrote:There's a lot of stuff about guns that people with no knowledge clamor for banning

The only one I can sort of get behind is bumpfire stocks because that does enable pseudo full-giggle

Everything else though is pretty kosher
People don't realize you can do more damage with a 30-06 Springfield than an AR in most cases.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #357462

the only reason the AR-15 is a common gun in mass shootings compared to other guns is because it's a common gun in general compared to other guns

it's like the beat-up white ford transit of firearms
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #357524

I wonder when the next terror attack is gonna be.

banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #357546

right fucking now

im going to commit some lyrical terrorism
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #357578

soon
it wouldnt be terrorism if you knew it was going to happen
crack is whack but smacks got your back
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #357760

fucking got me man oof ouch sick lyrical professionalism bro *dies*
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #357787

Well in Australia the same sex marriage postal survey plebiscite came back 62% yes winning basically as expected.

Public had been majority in favour of queens in wedding dresses for basically a decade the whole thing was a monstrous waste of money.

Basically just a stalling measure because the hardline christians have the liberal national coalition by the balls.

Despite the seats most against it being held by labour. Vice versa on liberal seats.

Targeted political ads are magic.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #357875

aren't the libs more libertarian flavour of right-wing than they are conservative? "don't tell me who I can or can't marry" is kinda the position I'd expect

like you can't be pro small government and also pro government interference in private domestic arrangements
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #358017

Not libertarian no but meant to be the old definition of liberal yes.

Both of the two major parties are very centrist except on issues concerning their donor's desires and illegal immigration which is close to universally unpopular because the required ocean crossing to get here is pretty suicidal in the shitty boats people smugglers prefer.

For example the fiber to the node scheme for the national broadband network. Which is like labours scheme to put fibre optics everywhere but worse. It involves leaving the unmaintained copper in the last stretch of the adsl network and just plugging the fibre into it via a bunch of (obsolete) routers in a box. The copper was privatised in the Howard era and because they did it like idiots Telstra who owned to copper got away with not maintaining the asset simply because they had to allow competitors to use it, in return for this disservice they are buying these old government made phone lines back like they aren't almost a pile of copper oxide.

The copper is so shit the proposed speeds both by ISP deals and the governments shiftily costed deal of IT"S SLIGHTLY CHEAPER BUT 10% AS GOOD plan the copper from the node quickly loses the boost from being plugged into copper over a short distance so the only people living on top of these piles of shit get close to what was promised. Oh and the copper will need to be replaced with fibre anyway so take the opposing labour plan and add the cost of fucking around on top.

Why do all this dumb shit? Well like a corporate tax cut so miners pay diddly shit tax while gobbling subsidies they did it all for the donors. This sponsor was Rupert fucking Murdoch concerned proper internet would compete with his baby foxtell in the home country he treats like a latrine in the last election. Offering his vast number of news outlets putting their humanoid robots to work pushing the coalition in exchange for doing things assbackwards explicitly to hold the country back more than doing nothing.

Sorta man who makes you wish TV and print would die sooner.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #358481

CosmicScientist wrote:Sounds like labour here, their voters and brexit. I'm not sure if there is a party you can trust the intentions of.
You can be sure there isn't. Political parties are not, as institutions, capable of having good intentions.

Have a handy SMBC:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #359336

Revolting husk impersonating a person Ajit Pai plans to make its move in december along with the smoking ruins of the FCC and probably forbid state level net neutrality rules in the process.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #359883

So Jamaica isn't happening.
Enabling Act soon.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #360046

Incomptinence wrote:Revolting husk impersonating a person Ajit Pai plans to make its move in december along with the smoking ruins of the FCC and probably forbid state level net neutrality rules in the process.
meanwhile the subset of donald trump supporters who use the internet are all "wtf I hate net neutrality now???" even though it's virtually guaranteed that the sites they visit would not be favored by ISPs unless the ISPs suddenly decide to make large purchases of hentai sites and imageboards
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #360058

bandit wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Revolting husk impersonating a person Ajit Pai plans to make its move in december along with the smoking ruins of the FCC and probably forbid state level net neutrality rules in the process.
meanwhile the subset of donald trump supporters who use the internet are all "wtf I hate net neutrality now???" even though it's virtually guaranteed that the sites they visit would not be favored by ISPs unless the ISPs suddenly decide to make large purchases of hentai sites and imageboards
[x doubt]
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #360082

Net neutrality is a regulation. Regulations are bad. The internet should be free of regulations. Do you want to regulate the internet?

I don't see the issue???
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #360083

Australia doesn't have net neutrality laws.

However Aus has the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission which is much stronger than any American consumer protections and Aus consumers actually have a choice because monopolising shit where you put cables (probably did a shit job too) isn't allowed. Like dodgy fucks fold at the name strong.

I whine about our NBN but if the coalition hadn't essentially thrown money down the crapper to stall proper fibre it would be fucking perfect like it is in New Zealand