Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #364091

Bottom post of the previous page:

cedarbridge wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:words

You should tell all of this to the self-ghettoizing neighborhoods then. There's a reason I didn't go to several parts of the small town I grew up in growing up and the reason wasn't something supercicial like "They're brown and unfamiliar." The reason was "They don't speak the local language, they don't participate in the local culture and they organize and cover for a lot of crime." The host country in no ways should feel obligated to morph its culture to welcome the migrant, for a host of reasons that should be self-explaining.
Itt - Swedenstan who has monthly grenade attacks now, defunded police & fire stations for being too dangerous & blatent no-go zones.

Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #364169

ColonicAcid wrote:t. the guy who walks across the street when he sees a minority walking towards him at night

for someone who always harps on about people getting thicker skin you sure a pussy when it comes to dealing with brown people arent u
Oh stfu you boring cunt.
Did you grow up in Rochdale or Oldham or Bradford? No? Then don't fucking comment.

Pussy?
What do you want me to do?
Launch my own personal tenth crusade and start removing the local kebab population?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #364175

Malkevin wrote:Launch my own personal tenth crusade and start removing the local kebab population?
Do this immediately.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364191

Malkevin wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:t. the guy who walks across the street when he sees a minority walking towards him at night

for someone who always harps on about people getting thicker skin you sure a pussy when it comes to dealing with brown people arent u
Oh stfu you boring cunt.
Did you grow up in Rochdale or Oldham or Bradford? No? Then don't fucking comment.

Pussy?
Launch my own personal tenth crusade and start removing the local kebab population?
>respecting people unconditionally regardless of their skin colour or ethnicity is being "boring".

i guess humanism isnt your strongest point buddy

here's what i want you to do, i want you to stop being a little dense fucknugget and actually try and talk to people from different ethnicities and religions instead of lumping them all up into one big pile of "shitskins who're going to stab me".

I've lived in a 99% british white area for nearly 10 years now, it's not like because everyone is white and british that we don't have any social problems. we still have stupid inbred cunts that think throwing bottles at peoples heads and stealing bikes is a great life choice.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #364210

ColonicAcid wrote:>respecting people unconditionally regardless of their skin colour or ethnicity is being "boring".

here's what i want you to do, i want you to stop being a little dense fucknugget and actually try and talk to people from different ethnicities and religions instead of lumping them all up into one big pile of "shitskins who're going to stab me".
I wouldn't be so quick as to call his lived experiences into question. How many people does it take getting jumped by muslims for distrust to build in a community? Just saying it seems like a pretty natural reaction to be distrustful after the ethnic crime wave hit the Euros.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #364213

nobody mentioning rotherham where there was literally a rape van driving around kidnapping girls off the streets and child protective services and the police didn't do shit because they thought if they lifted a finger they'd be called racist and have their lives ruined
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #364262

CosmicScientist wrote:Oh, another thang. Drynwyn, one scary media based cultural synthesis was an advert by I believe a minor Swedish political party (hey, Fwoosh brought the country up so it's relevant!) was I think titled "the New Swede" and at the end of it, they did a reveal of a Middle Eastern woman in a headscarf and I believe said those words. I can try to find it if needs be.

I'd hope that doesn't show up in any manner over here or in Sweden's major parties but that is when minority representation gets a tad over the line. But maybe I can take two pinches of salt and blind the devil in both eyes since there are minor parties here with over represented nonsense.
Addressing all of your remarks at once-

The reason gender issues are different from race issues is biological. There is a deeply ingrained biological component to interacting with people of the opposite sex, that far, far predates efforts to solve it- because every single human who could claim to be a genetic ancestor of a single living human, by necessity, interacted with someone of the opposite sex. This produces a complex suite of neurological factors that affect gender and sex issues.

Racial tensions, meanwhile, do not have a deeply ingrained biological component. Racial distinctions developed more recently, and for 99.9% of evolutionary time, 99% of humans had minimal contact with other races. So there is no evolved suite of responses- only the baseline "It's unfamiliar, what do?" response, and the corollary response of "I have learned about it and now it is fine."

Trying to compare the two is like comparing how people learn pass a football, and how people automatically protect their face when something moves towards it quickly. One is a set of learned responses and actions, the other has elements of biological hardwiring (literal hardwiring- the reflex arc for 'protect the face' doesn't even interact with your forebrain until well after it's done it's thing). They have a few common elements, but trying to think of them in the same way is still disastrously mistaken.

Moving on, then, to the topic of cultural synthesis: This is one of those questions that gets philosophical by necessity, because we have to ask: "Why are we worried about changes to our own culture?" Otherwise, when you say things like "That's a tad over the line", it will be interpreted as bigoted- because it would be if there wasn't a reason other than "they're brown." However, such reasons do exist.

As I see it, there are a lot of bad answers to this question out there (muh white genocide, muh western culture is the best), and two answers that I find fairly compelling:

1- Because the cultures with which we are engaging in synthesis have elements we find objectionable, such as sexist, violent, or otherwise repressive elements.

First of all, it's important not to confuse class issues with cultural issues here. Malk comments that he has observed ethnic minorities participating in, and covering for, crimes, and that is very likely true. But that confuses correlation with causation- across history, we reliably find that low income communities of any cultural background participate in and cover for crimes. But that doesn't mean that cultures can't have problematic elements.

There are two things to keep in mind here- one, that synthesizing some elements of a culture into another does not mean incorporating all of them, and that just because a cultural element is associated with problematic elements doesn't mean they're mutually inclusive- cultures almost always contain elements that are in tension with each other.

But it is legitimate to say that fusing with other cultures un-critically is unwise. This argument mainly struggles because, unfortunately, it is used as a dog-whistle for hate groups. They can generally be distinguished, because dogwhistling with this will involve claims that incorporating some elements of another culture necessarily pushes towards incorporating the worst elements, alongisde a failure to recognize the problematic elements found in western culture.

Thankfully, the second argument is both much more compelling and much less frequently used as a dogwhistle.

2- In the context of essentially authoritarian governments and global structures existing, and holding massive power over our daily lives that we have extremely limited ability to contest should it be abused, cultural clashes can lead to one or both sides suffering as a result of the application of that authority.

Essentially, in cases where two values do directly or indirectly conflict (which are not nearly as many as assorted racists claim, but do exist), there is no good solution when the decision is being made by a monolithic structure with many interests that run counter to the general population (including but not limited to corporate and monetary interests, personal agendas, and the maintenance of their own power).

Now, in my opinion, the only good answer to this problem is to do away with monolithic and authoritarian structures both private and public- the creation of racial and cultural tensions demonstrates their flaws, I'm sure you can recognize how the same logic applies to other situations of conflicting interests. Authoritarian structures are basically crap at everything other than maintaining their own power.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #364278

ColonicAcid wrote:
Malkevin wrote:

Oh stfu you boring cunt.

Pussy?
>respecting people unconditionally regardless of their skin colour or ethnicity is being "boring".

I've lived in a 99% british white area for nearly 10 years now, it's not like because everyone is white and british that we don't have any social problems. we still have stupid inbred cunts that think throwing bottles at peoples heads and stealing bikes is a great life choice.
>Implying that I never interact with brown people.

I've interacted with plenty of ethnics, and you know what? They're just as prejudiced and racist as any white person I know.
The indians hate the pakis, the pakis hate the indians. They both hate the blacks.

Multiculturalism is shoving a bunch of people into the same area who all fucking hate each other.

Edit: And its nothing to do with skin colour either, because I hate the thieving irish gypsy cunt chavs and slovaks too.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #364282

Malkevin wrote:As a white Britain who grew up as an ethnic minority in a burnt out former mill town let me tell you, it's not unfamiliarity why I hate pakis. I'm very much aware of their positives and negatives and the negatives far outweigh the positives.

If anyone doesn't understand something through unfamiliarity it is suburbanite pinko commie hand wringing lefties like you.
Screemonster wrote:nobody mentioning rotherham where there was literally a rape van driving around kidnapping girls off the streets and child protective services and the police didn't do shit because they thought if they lifted a finger they'd be called racist and have their lives ruined
These are what's happening. It's not often unfamiliarity that makes people dislike immigrants, but rather their experiences with them
And as people aren't always stupid, they can see the pattern in who keeps doing bad shit in their area and they will react accordingly. This is just human nature, everyone who didn't have this pattern recognition died trying to pet tigers or got stabbed by the local hostile tribe

If you want people to stop hating immigrants, then either make the immigrants integrate or make them leave the country. What does not help is government and organizations wagging a finger and going 'dats racist' and trying to change how people think without changing the causes of why people think such things. Tensions will keep rising until the problems are resolved and there are two ways for it to go since they seem to be okay with just closing their eyes and shouting 'bigot, cant hear you' at any problems. Either the locals vote in someone considered 'extreme', like Trump, to solve their problems, or enough immigrants are brought in and given voting rights that democrasy will fail.
And if democrasy fails, expect to see people withdraw into gated compounds, the occasional balkan style purge, or large amounts of localised violence and fighting

As peaceful solutions become impossible, people will attempt to resolve problems with violence.
Or in modern days, they'll seclude themselves and/or migrate away to somewhere else as the country they knew has died and the people that used to live there are a tiny minority that will still be subject to the same 'anti-racism' shit there was before
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364289

XSI wrote: These are what's happening. It's not often unfamiliarity that makes people dislike immigrants, but rather their experiences with them
And as people aren't always stupid, they can see the pattern in who keeps doing bad shit in their area and they will react accordingly. This is just human nature, everyone who didn't have this pattern recognition died trying to pet tigers or got stabbed by the local hostile tribe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
XSI

Post by XSI » #364295

Thank you for proving my point
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364297

ah yes, let us just follow our cognitive biases and forego all rationality out of the window

burn the darkies, up the whiteys, fuck the brownies
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #364299

The experiences you're talking about don't occur in a vacuum, though, XSI, even though it's true that some people (though far from all who hate them) have negative experiences with minorities. Minority races experience discrimination, which drives them into lower classes and social isolation, which drives them to commit crimes and engage in antisocial behavior, which drives more discrimination. There is a causal context to their actions that goes beyond "they aren't integrated into the culture!", and demanding that it be ceased solely by forcing them to integrate overlooks the fact that the prevention of integration is not a one-sided thing- the existence of the factors that would be solved by integration simultaneously prevent immigration. Acting on only one side of the loop will not solve the problem.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
XSI

Post by XSI » #364301

What I meant there was

1. People see Colonic make posts appealing to authority with vague shitposts while avoiding anything resembling content in his posts
2. People expect this to keep happening

And of course, it keeps happening
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364303

basically, after many times of trying to actually argue ive found its a waste of time.

the time of me posting actual content on this thread is done. it doesn't matter anything i say, y'alls opinions are entrenched, you're not going to go "oh this is an interesting notion that ill consider."

look back on this entire fucking thread and find me one instance of somebody going "your wall of text have changed my opinion on this subject".

here's a little hint: you won't.

the only time ill post here is if somebody says stupid shit, ala malkevin whenever the topic of brown people comes up.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364305

not going to even lie lmfao 90% of the time i dont even fully read the posts, i just skim until i see something that i dont like and i rev those engines

sue me if u want lol
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #364315

No one cares about you colonic acid
XSI

Post by XSI » #364316

Drynwyn wrote:The experiences you're talking about don't occur in a vacuum, though, XSI, even though it's true that some people (though far from all who hate them) have negative experiences with minorities. Minority races experience discrimination, which drives them into lower classes and social isolation, which drives them to commit crimes and engage in antisocial behavior, which drives more discrimination. There is a causal context to their actions that goes beyond "they aren't integrated into the culture!", and demanding that it be ceased solely by forcing them to integrate overlooks the fact that the prevention of integration is not a one-sided thing- the existence of the factors that would be solved by integration simultaneously prevent immigration. Acting on only one side of the loop will not solve the problem.
^ Example of a post that actually says something ^

While it is true that there is discrimination and this can give them problems, it seems to be mostly the opposite with the 'minorities' being a protected class that can do no wrong in the eyes of the gov/law. Which in turn leads to many of them just not trying to integrate or even bother following the laws. As with the Rotherham example above, the bad apples among them know that they are protected against such silly local things like laws and they will abuse this. Which in turn means they're actively encouraged to not integrate, as that would lose them their special protections and special interest support.

The single greatest way to avoid people from integrating is to give them perks for being different from the main body of the populace. And that's what's happening here in europe
Shit's just fucked on all sides and there's no easy solution without compromising morals, and the people who are supposed to help with it (Government and various organizations) only make things worse
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364323

Super Aggro Crag wrote:No one cares about you colonic acid
now where did u get the idea that i actually want anyones attention here lol

dont reach young blood
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #364327

XSI wrote: While it is true that there is discrimination and this can give them problems, it seems to be mostly the opposite with the 'minorities' being a protected class that can do no wrong in the eyes of the gov/law. Which in turn leads to many of them just not trying to integrate or even bother following the laws. As with the Rotherham example above, the bad apples among them know that they are protected against such silly local things like laws and they will abuse this. Which in turn means they're actively encouraged to not integrate, as that would lose them their special protections and special interest support.

The single greatest way to avoid people from integrating is to give them perks for being different from the main body of the populace. And that's what's happening here in europe
Shit's just fucked on all sides and there's no easy solution without compromising morals, and the people who are supposed to help with it (Government and various organizations) only make things worse
I don't have access to European statistics at the moment, but in the U.S minorities are more targeted by the police and government, not less. Hispanics, blacks, arabs, and other minorities are disproportionately represented among:

-Those who have search warrants taken out against them by police.
-Those who are indicted for crimes (the U.S indictment system requires very, very little to indict there's a saying among lawyers that if a prosecutor wanted to he could indict a ham sandwich.)
-Subjects of formal investigations
-Individuals stopped and searched by police in programs that we have data from
-Amount of police presence in their communities
-Prison populations

In the U.S, at least, all evidence I've examined indicates minorities are far more likely to suffer consequences for breaking the law. So assuming what you say is accurate, that would indicate that the character of racial discrimination in Europe is different from the character of racial discrimination in the U.S.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #364333

ColonicAcid wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:No one cares about you colonic acid
now where did u get the idea that i actually want anyones attention here lol

dont reach young blood
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364346

projection is a metaphorical form of reaching.

d o n t r e a c h
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #364350

we get it you're all very good at performative detachment
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #364353

cease the character assassination
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #364362

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #364491

>minorities get targeted more often

And do you happen to have the stats on how often these turn out to be false?
Because otherwise it just indicates minorities do actually commit more crimes and the police are doing their jobs by actually enforcing the law instead of keeping their hands behind their backs to avoid mud slinging
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #364494

Now on that point it's probably a bit between.

Obviously you are going to assign/ fund more cops where more crime happens, failing to do so would be near criminal negligence on its own.

Minority becomes statistically known for committing more crime this is a factor but a minor one other than situations where you are choosing people to random search.
Most policing is reactionary so they are just having more presence in say a ghetto then reacting as crime happens there.

Now I know ghetto formation by any minority isn't strictly voluntary property prices drop in an area because scary ____ are moving in lawks and the minority is poorer so they all move in there.
I do think spreading out would ease trouble with the police though. Rehabilitative imprisonment is probably more important than that though since private profitable and therefore replicating punishment prisons is a fucking retarded idea. All focus should be on making inmates less likely to re offend rather than making ignorant fucks outside the prison wank a bit easier because bad men get hurt hurdyhar.

More minorities should be near Malk upsetting him something awful instead of being in London basically.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #364601

Incomptinence wrote: More minorities should be near Malk upsetting him something awful
i concur
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #364632

Jokes on you, it'd be nigh impossible for more minorities to be near me.

[youtube]WtftZPL-k7Y[/youtube]
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #365128

Malkevin wrote:Jokes on you, it'd be nigh impossible for more minorities to be near me.

videosnip
There's a distinction between "gender" and "sex"- at least, as used in academic, and to some extent common language.
Firstly, you can say "Gender is what's between your legs", and that could be true if you were defining gender in that way- but that phrase doesn't really capture the full scope of the word "Gender" as it is applied- even in common, day to day language.
For this discussion, I'll take sex to mean "The characteristics which an individual displays as a result of an XX or XY karyotype", and gender to mean "An individual's sex, plus the traits assigned to and encouraged/intensified in them as a result of their sex."

One could claim "Those are the same thing- all of the difference between men and women in today's society are because of biology!", but this is not a tenable position. This can be demonstrated by the simple fact that the traits and roles associated with each sex, for the same human species, with the same biological makeup, are demonstrably unstable over time and geography. What constitutes masculinity in 2017 U.S is different from what constitutes masculinity in Saudi Arabia which is different from what constituted masculinity in the Roman Empire. There are commonalities, to be sure- but we've acknowledged that there are biological difference between sexes (even if they're not hugely helpful for understanding indivduals, though I won't address that in detail here), so that's hardly a surprise.

This same instability proves another point- "gender" is not something that necessarily has two and only two interpretations. Two individuals with vastly different social contexts for their sexes have two vastly different conceptions of gender- Malkevin does not have the same conception of masculinity as Muhammad. Their conceptions are assigned to the same sex, but do not involve the same traits or ideas- they are different, distinct constructions.

This brings us to the tricky issue of nonbinary gender. Nonbinary gender requires, as a precondition, that gender constructs distinct from biological differences (which, again, don't consistently apply to individuals) exist as real and powerful social forces. In that scenario, an individual who for whatever reason has issues being assigned the traits of either sex's associated gender can sensibly decline to associate themself with either gender- that is, to exist somewhere on the spectrum between male and female. Given that, in everyday language, masculine and feminine pronouns do carry with them an assignment of gendered traits (even if intended not to- context is not extricable from speech. It's for the same reasons, though to a much greater degree, that the n-word is inappropriate in many contexts) it is, again, sensible for them to avoid being referred to using these pronouns.

Note that in a world in which sex was not distinct from gender, nonbinary people would not exist in a meaningful sense. Working out the the train of logic on that one should be pretty straightforward.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #365136

Tl;dr nonbinary genders don't exist
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #365153

Nonbinary sexes exist.

Just for microbes tho.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #365155

There's boys and girls, but call yourself whatever you want, just don't get pissy when random strangers ASSUME wrong

That's my whole stance on gender/sex
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #365177

lntigracy wrote:Tl;dr nonbinary genders don't exist
would you please inform me how you drew that conclusion from my text, because that's not what I said

actual tl;dr
first premise: gender is a construction, not a concrete thing
second premise: as a consequence, we have the power to construct additional genders
conclusion: these genders are not "unreal", any more than binary genders are unreal- they are less widely acknowledged, but truth cannot be established on the basis of general agreement

the bit at the end basically says "if you deny the first premise, or set up a society in which constructed gender doesn't exist, the conclusion is false"
if you're denying the truth of the first premise you're gonna have to level a real damn good argument
XSI

Post by XSI » #365189

I'm more wondering how it took this long for corporate to merge all bathrooms into a single gender-neutral bathroom

Think of all the money it would save on new constructions? Less bathrooms!
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #365201

I think the whole sex/gender thing can be broken down as follows:

-biological sex: genetic, defined by DNA, XY, XX and any other freakish combination thereof
-phenotypic sex/social gender: what you look like, what other people think you are, "passing" etc. Can be further broken down into how you look like with/without your pants (traps etc.). Bathroom issue stops at this point unless you follow people into the stall
-inner gender: the sex you identify with. What you think you are. The answer you give if someone asks you if you're male or female.
-sexual preference: your sexual attraction. The gender/s you want to have sex with.

All of those can combine in various ways, e.g. a person with androgen insensitivity syndrome, genetically male, looks like a female, identifies as a male and is sexually attracted to males.
This means that going around saying "With Trump we're going back to 2 genders, attack helicopter copypasta etc." is kinda dumb
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #365311

XSI wrote:I'm more wondering how it took this long for corporate to merge all bathrooms into a single gender-neutral bathroom

Think of all the money it would save on new constructions? Less bathrooms!
to be fair it's a tube that you shit in, our plumbing isn't all that different down there but there's some weird taboo about it that leads to things like that guy on twitter the other day that was saying the only reason he's replacing his busted toilet seat is because of his wife and got confused when people were like "but what about when you need to poop?"

like the dude had grown up thinking that toilet seats were for girls so he parked his ass on the cold-ass porcelain when he needed to pinch off a loaf because ARGH I AM MAN I CAN'T DO GIRL THINGS and that's just as hilarious to me as any amount of tumblr pronoun bullshit
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #365320

To be fair sitting on raw porcelain to shit forges real men
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #365380

CosmicScientist wrote:We could always enforce attack helicopter sexuality. Though I fear only Anondoe will get what I mean.
Check your privilege Anti-Aircraft scum
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #365383

I have no horse in this race but in my mind, there's no difference between sex and gender. You can look like, identify or act as one gender but DNA is set in stone on the matter. Rare genetic anomalies are a different topic and are so rare they're not worth talking about
XSI

Post by XSI » #365386

In all seriousness, none of this matters as far as I'm concerned.
Guy wants to be a girl? Good luck with that, not my problem
Guy wants to treat clearly masculine guy in a dress like a man still? Thats their choice to make. It might be a dick thing to do, but we can't enforce being nice to people without everything getting fucked

And while this sort of thing is in the public view, actually important shit that nobody wants can get sneaked through in government while everyone else is concerned about what words to use for a guy-turned-girl. Important stuff like censoring the internet or privatizing the water supply, or bombing another third world country.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #365387

But we need to give our bombs to third world countries

It's the humanitarian thing to do
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #365419

Anonmare wrote:I have no horse in this race but in my mind, there's no difference between sex and gender. You can look like, identify or act as one gender but DNA is set in stone on the matter. Rare genetic anomalies are a different topic and are so rare they're not worth talking about
But that's not accurate.

It's not accurate because most of the things you and society associate with gender aren't a result of DNA. Yes, your DNA isn't changed when you present as a different gender, but since it never had an effect on the things you changed to begin with, why does that matter?
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #365424

I remember seeing some post from 4chan ages ago that expanded on the whole "there are no girls on the internet" thing and pointed out that when all anyone ever sees of you is words on a screen, or an avatar that you can freely change at will, gender becomes completely irrelevant

even if it is a girl physically sat at the computer, it doesn't matter. There are no girls on the internet. Nor are there any boys.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #365444

Screemonster wrote:I remember seeing some post from 4chan ages ago that expanded on the whole "there are no girls on the internet" thing and pointed out that when all anyone ever sees of you is words on a screen, or an avatar that you can freely change at will, gender becomes completely irrelevant

even if it is a girl physically sat at the computer, it doesn't matter. There are no girls on the internet. Nor are there any boys.
But people don't assign Gender = NULL to random people on the internet- because people try to follow their existing social scripts, and the existing social scripts of our society differ depending on the gender of the person you are interacting with. Instead, they take a guess- in my experience that guess generally defaults to male.

Additionally, even if you assume that someone's gender is truly irrelevant on the internet, it still ends up mattering- because the gender roles people are accustomed to affect their behavior. And notably, if the base assumption is that the user is a male, that can cause tension when individuals unknowingly follow non-male social scripts.

I'll admit freely that the effects of gender are significantly reduced online as compared to in-the-flesh interactions, but they still exist in ways that I'd say are fairly noteworthy.
(And, of course, voice chat is a thing.)
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #365467

Anonmare wrote:I have no horse in this race but in my mind, there's no difference between sex and gender. You can look like, identify or act as one gender but DNA is set in stone on the matter. Rare genetic anomalies are a different topic and are so rare they're not worth talking about
This is an odd stance to take because it's so hard to apply to everyday things (it obviously applies to important stuff like healthcare). Easiest example is the bathroom thing: stunning hot bombshell walks into the women's restroom but you'd force her to use the men's because she's genetically male.

I acknowledge there is a problem with the whole "passing" culture in the trans community with obvious men poorly dressed up as women who are told they "pass" by their friends just because they don't want to be rude.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #365484

Speaking as somehow who actually talks to girls most of them are uncomfortable with dudes walking into the ladies roon
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #365489

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Speaking as somehow who actually talks to girls most of them are uncomfortable with dudes walking into the ladies roon
I agree that it would be uncomfortable for other women to have to undress together with a stunning hot bombshell who unravels her monster cock in front of them, it's not the same thing for places where you do your thing mostly alone.

Person who passes as *gender* walks into *gender* bathroom -> no one will ever know
Person who passes as *gender* walks into *opposite gender* bathroom -> awkward and uncomfortable for everyone involved

Or we could have gender neutral restrooms but I thought that goes into autistic screeching territory.

To clarify: "passes"=actually looks like a woman, not an ugly man in a petticoat
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #365493

Grazyn wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Speaking as somehow who actually talks to girls most of them are uncomfortable with dudes walking into the ladies roon
I agree that it would be uncomfortable for other women to have to undress together with a stunning hot bombshell who unravels her monster cock in front of them, it's not the same thing for places where you do your thing mostly alone.

Person who passes as *gender* walks into *gender* bathroom -> no one will ever know
Person who passes as *gender* walks into *opposite gender* bathroom -> awkward and uncomfortable for everyone involved

Or we could have gender neutral restrooms but I thought that goes into autistic screeching territory.

To clarify: "passes"=actually looks like a woman, not an ugly man in a petticoat
It's not constant though, wouldn't it be better to define passing as a function where you roll an opposed test with your deception score against the other's perception skill?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #365497

the problem with the BATHROOM DEFENDER bullshit is that for all the noise made about them in the news transgender people are still a vanishingly small percentage of the population and you're literally getting dudes showing up to malls with an AR-15 (it's always a fucking AR-15) to PROTECT THE WIMMUNS from these PERVERTED TRANNIES regardless of whether there are actually any trans people within a fifty mile radius and the best part is that they're so fuckin' eager to STOP THEM PERVERTS that they're actually stopping biological women from using the ladies' room

nevermind that if your ultimate end goal was to get fuckin' creepy looks at women in the bathroom there's surely got to be easier ways to go about it than having your dick cut off I mean come on, you can pretty safely rule it out as their motivation for transitioning on account of there being ways to achieve that goal that don't involve tableflipping your entire life
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #365519

C W C
W   W
C W C
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay