onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by onleavedontatme » #347955

Bottom post of the previous page:

cedarbridge wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Every viewpoint is worth listening to

Not every viewpoint is worth risking your life just for listening to it

Seriously, don't place yourself in harm's way if you can avoid it.
If a bunch of LARPing commies is enough to make you fear for your life, its time to reevaluate your life.
Last time larping commies fought larping nazis a car plowed into a crowd and a guy fired his handgun at someone with a flamethrower.

Not to mention the possibility of getting dragged through the court system if you wind up in a fight.

It's completely rational to see something the national guard was called out for as a risk worth avoiding.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #347990

Kor wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Not every viewpoint is worth risking your life just for listening to it

Seriously, don't place yourself in harm's way if you can avoid it.
If a bunch of LARPing commies is enough to make you fear for your life, its time to reevaluate your life.
Last time larping commies fought larping nazis a car plowed into a crowd and a guy fired his handgun at someone with a flamethrower.

Not to mention the possibility of getting dragged through the court system if you wind up in a fight.

It's completely rational to see something the national guard was called out for as a risk worth avoiding.
oh my god Kor your new avatar is incredible
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #347998

Kor wrote:Last time larping commies fought larping nazis a car plowed into a crowd and a guy fired his handgun at someone with a flamethrower.
I know about the guy who had his car attacked by LARPing commies and hit the gas and killed a woman in the process. (the way you phrase it makes it sound like he just drove his car into the crowd like your average truck of peace) but I'm going to need a link to the flame thrower incident.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #348016

Wasnt that the same place?

Some asshat brought a DIY flamethrower and got shot after he tried to use it on people?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #348027

cedarbridge wrote:
Kor wrote:Last time larping commies fought larping nazis a car plowed into a crowd and a guy fired his handgun at someone with a flamethrower.
I know about the guy who had his car attacked by LARPing commies and hit the gas and killed a woman in the process. (the way you phrase it makes it sound like he just drove his car into the crowd like your average truck of peace) but I'm going to need a link to the flame thrower incident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 608230001/

And whether it was an accident or not, those people were still hit by a car, and that guy is still in prison waiting for his murder trial.

"He didn't try to run people over, he merely tried to escape a mob of people trying to kill him with bats and then hit 17 people and went to prison!" doesn't really undermine my broader point that riots are dangerous and should be avoided.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348030

Really don't see the value in listening to or even acknowledging encouraging hate and violence "peaceful" ethnic cleansing could one of you guys explain it to a brainlet like me is there some hidden virtue to white supremacy I have glazed over
Last edited by captain sawrge on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #348031

Because understanding their viewpoint can help you to understand WHY they're racist.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #348034

lol you fucking americans
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #348035

I still just end up in the middle because listening to them made me realize that I don't agree with either of them.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #348037

actually how about I just go to the rally and hold up a big /tg/station sign, that sounds more fun than politics
Last edited by CitrusGender on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348038

Kor wrote: And whether it was an accident or not, those people were still hit by a car, and that guy is still in prison waiting for his murder trial.

"He didn't try to run people over, he merely tried to escape a mob of people trying to kill him with bats and then hit 17 people and went to prison!" doesn't really undermine my broader point that riots are dangerous and should be avoided.
Yeah, I remember that picture now. People are wacky.

As to the second thing. You phrase it to make it sound absurd, but that's a completely valid legal defense in many states. I know that's how it works in my legal jurisdiction anyway. If my car is under attack by a mob of people and I fear for my life I can hit the gas and the court is unlikely to give a shit that I hit people on the way out of the crowd. It turns out that mobing a car is bad and using weapons in the process of doing so is also bad.

>People are threatening to riot about a thing so don't go to the thing.
You understand that driving people away is the point of threatening riot and that cowing to a threat like that will get you only more rioting and threats of riots right? This isn't even a slippery slope. Its inertia.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #348040

captain sawrge wrote:
Really don't see the value in listening to or even acknowledging encouraging hate and violence "peaceful" ethnic cleansing could one of you guys explain it to a brainlet like me is there some hidden virtue to white supremacy I have glazed over
captain sawrge wrote:Antifa is right on the fact that the 1% should be dragged into the street and have their brains insanely caved in with large heavy objects and if you disagree you are absolutely part of the JIDF
Nice hypocrisy, Sewage

Also car dude was speeding his car towards the crowd, stopped suddenly, got attacked by sticks, and then gunned it into the hippies.
Fucking kill baiters man...
Last edited by Malkevin on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348041

hoisted by my own petard
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348042

I mean, any viewpoint is worth listening to, especially if it's popular, because at least you know what they're saying instead on relying on second-hand sources and summaries and then you can form your own opinion. You don't really have to understand their motives or anything, just the basic of knowing the actual words they're saying. And yeah, a recording on YouTube is much safer than risking your life in a riot.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #348044

my broader point that riots are dangerous and should be avoided.
I'm really not trying to argue the legality* of the events. All else equal, a car hitting me legally and a car hitting me illegally is going to break bones just the same.

*As long as we're talking self defense though, plenty of people who claimed defensive violence at Charlottseville got arrested and some held without bail. Even if you eventually get acquitted you might spend years locked up for pre-trial and incur massive legal fees.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #348045

And if he wants to go make a stand/statement/whatever to show he wont be cowed by rioters than that's obviously up to him, but there is a difference between "it is worth the risks for the principle" and trying to downplay the risks.
XSI

Post by XSI » #348048

That /tg/station sign thing sounds amusing
But do try to be safe doing so
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348076

CosmicScientist wrote:Do you think it'll be as big as when that washout put a nanotrasen spanner in their failed game advert?
I'm looking forward to the SPL declaring SS13 is a hate symbol and a breeding ground for nazis or something.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #348088

That's because it's SPLC big guy
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348133

cedarbridge wrote:
Kor wrote: And whether it was an accident or not, those people were still hit by a car, and that guy is still in prison waiting for his murder trial.

Yeah, I remember that picture now. People are wacky.

As to the second thing. You phrase it to make it sound absurd, but that's a completely valid legal defense in many states. I know that's how it works in my legal jurisdiction anyway. If my car is under attack by a mob of people and I fear for my life I can hit the gas and the court is unlikely to give a shit that I hit people on the way out of the crowd. It turns out that mobing a car is bad and using weapons in the process of doing so is also bad.

>People are threatening to riot about a thing so don't go to the thing.
You understand that driving people away is the point of threatening riot and that cowing to a threat like that will get you only more rioting and threats of riots right? This isn't even a slippery slope. Its inertia.
Sad fact: you're doing the same thing that politicians have been doing for millennia, tricking their followers into taking risks and becoming cheap martyrs for them to use.

>"they're just a bunch of harmless LARPers, don't be a pussy"
>"yes of course it's dangerous, but you should go anyway to stand for your God-given right to free speech"
XSI

Post by XSI » #348135

In the end, the real question isn't whether antifa is dangerous or not. Any idiot with motivation to cause harm can be dangerous, and if they join antifa then they're idiots who are motivated to cause harm so that's a given
The question is whether or not you trust the people in charge of security, be it whoever hosts the event or government/police to keep the actively harmful people away from other people. Both inside the venue and on their way in and out

Which should be a thing you can rely on in modern society, but we've seen multiple times now that there is a reasonably high chance of (Often appearing to be intentional) failure when it actually happens.
Do you think your local authorities are capable enough to make an event like this go without violence? And if so, do you also believe that they're not corrupt enough to just let it happen anyway?

If both of these were answered with 'yes', then you can go without worrying too much.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348137

I'm just saying, been there done that. Don't let others trick you into taking risks, especially when they are the ones who profit from you getting hurt.

Mussolini didn't take part in the March on Rome (there was the risk of the King cracking down on it with the army), he waited for it to go through and traveled to Rome the next day in a comfortable sleeping car.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348138

Grazyn wrote:I'm just saying, been there done that. Don't let others trick you into taking risks, especially when they are the ones who profit from you getting hurt.

Mussolini didn't take part in the March on Rome (there was the risk of the King cracking down on it with the army), he waited for it to go through and traveled to Rome the next day in a comfortable sleeping car.
>trick you into
Are you that damaged? In what way do I or anyone else in this thread profit from anyone else in this thread being hurt?
Might be a good time to ask yourself why you are afraid of the LARPers but the LARPers aren't afraid of you. Its got nothing to do with anyone being tricked into doing anything. The commies are violent idiots, but they're certainly not afraid of doing so. So I guess you're partly right. If vague threats by a pack of commie LARPers is enough to scare you away from something then I guess you are a bit of a pussy. I mean, your rights can be worth to you what you want them to be worth to you. You're perfectly free to give them up at the slightest chance somebody might look at you funny. Telling somebody else that they should be scared because you are scared is pretty damn weak though. Its also pretty weak to use authoritarian power grabs as an excuse to hide from a group literally using authoritarian terror tactics to convince you to cower and give up your rights.
Grazyn wrote:Sad fact: you're doing the same thing that politicians have been doing for millennia, tricking their followers into taking risks and becoming cheap martyrs for them to use.

>"they're just a bunch of harmless LARPers, don't be a pussy"
>"yes of course it's dangerous, but you should go anyway to stand for your God-given right to free speech"
You're implying a lot of stupid things in this post.
>followers
>martyrs
>tricking
>use
Please. Human beings have agency and can arrive at the decisions they choose to make. Many of those people choose to stand for things. Many others would rather somebody else stood up for them. Its not a question of being "tricked" into standing up for your rights. Its a question of what those rights mean to you. Are they worth standing up for or would you prefer to give up every single one to save your hide? I mean, if you want to talk about martyrs and sending other people to do things you won't, how many people have to stand up for the rights that you enjoy but refuse to defend or even speak for?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348140

All I see is that someone asked if it was safe to go to a highly charged political rally, you downplayed the risks involved and only acknowledged that yes, it may be actually dangerous only after someone else called you out on it. There's nothing wrong in fighting for your rights but people should be informed beforehand that there is gonna be a fight. Especially when those people can end up in a hospital (or in the morgue) with their bloody, battered face paraded on social media to support whatever side got them into that fight in the first place.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #348146

>everyone lives in a world where ss13's 7 tile view limit affects them in real life also
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #348152

I don't let people within one tile of me irl too
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348199

Grazyn wrote:after someone else called you out on it
Imagine being this guy. Imagine a world where this phrase has lost all meaning. Nobody "called me out." We had a discussion about the relative dangers of attending a rally that was threatened by commie LARPers. You apparently took this as some sort of esoteric plot by evil politicians to get him to martyr himself for facebook likes or some shit. Adjust yourself.
imblyings wrote:>everyone lives in a world where ss13's 7 tile view limit affects them in real life also
I'd say that roughly approximates my need for fairly strong glasses actually.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #348219

cedarbridge wrote:
imblyings wrote:>everyone lives in a world where ss13's 7 tile view limit affects them in real life also
I'd say that roughly approximates my need for fairly strong glasses actually.
Nerd
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348222

cedarbridge wrote: Imagine being this guy. Imagine a world where this phrase has lost all meaning. Nobody "called me out." We had a discussion about the relative dangers of attending a rally that was threatened by commie LARPers. You apparently took this as some sort of esoteric plot by evil politicians to get him to martyr himself for facebook likes or some shit. Adjust yourself.
Still not as far-fetched as Pizzagate. Political tension is at an all-time high, and cheap martyrs are always in short supply.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348226

Grazyn wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: Imagine being this guy. Imagine a world where this phrase has lost all meaning. Nobody "called me out." We had a discussion about the relative dangers of attending a rally that was threatened by commie LARPers. You apparently took this as some sort of esoteric plot by evil politicians to get him to martyr himself for facebook likes or some shit. Adjust yourself.
Still not as far-fetched as Pizzagate. Political tension is at an all-time high, and cheap martyrs are always in short supply.
>Actual politicians participating in child sex trafficing is less far-fetched than a random dude on a space simulator forum actually turning out to be a politician that wants you to march to your doom for an upboat.

wew lad
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348243

A spess simulator of a 4chan community. And 4chan is known to be used by political organizations to stir shit up.

But maybe you're right, it's a bit far-fetched.

I'm letting you off the hook for now, Cedar. Just don't go around telling people to get into trouble.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #348264

Twat
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #348287

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Twat
you are mom is gay
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #348291

I have no idea how to even get tickets to the event. Apprarantly they're giving them out on the day of?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348292

Tickets for that sort of thing are usually just a head counting tool or a means of crowd control if you think there's going to be more demand than seats. Prevents you from having to deal with overflow.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #348701

ended up going, not much happened but I saw a guy get arrested

also my head really hurts from all that shouting ow

didn't hear a word he said because of all the shouting, so I still have no idea what he believes in.
all I got was a headache

https://a.pomf.cat/mcnqqc.mp4
https://a.pomf.cat/hdzrfg.mp4
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348725

CitrusGender wrote:didn't hear a word he said because of all the shouting, so I still have no idea what he believes in.
all I got was a headache
I hope this has helped summarize how retarded modern politics has become.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #348752

CosmicScientist wrote:What was the shouting about?
reportedly, mostly "we don't like white supremacists much"
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #348758

CosmicScientist wrote:What was the shouting about?
GO HOME SPENCER
you are mom is gay
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348789

Wow those are some lame chants.
XSI

Post by XSI » #349007

So basically

Nobody got what they wanted
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #349018

XSI wrote:So basically

Nobody got what they wanted
Compromise is a cornerstone of democracy
XSI

Post by XSI » #349307

I'm sure they aren't biased at all
Nope. Not at all.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #349402

S E C O N D S
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #349516

at last, a building worth bombing
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #349532

Scientology church in Birmingham?
I'm sure all the locals are currently yelling Allah Akbar in disgust.
XSI

Post by XSI » #349535

Whether it's one insane cult or another isn't really that important

Only real difference is that one of them has more members
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #349583

Malkevin wrote:Scientology church in Birmingham?
I'm sure all the locals are currently yelling Allah Akbar in disgust.
Local autosellers are running a special on "Peace Trucks" in celebration of the opening. Diversity is great.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #349663

CosmicScientist wrote:Send kelp.

Parental unit is watching a telly program about Russian involvement in Murican elections.

She claims the program told of one of Trump's aides having ties with Russia. She said that when she sees him, she sees guarded emotion and him keeping an eye on everyone in the room.

tfw she never sees my emotions
The russia shit is insane and only further demonstrates the incompetence/disconnected nature of the DNC establishment. Any russian connections Trump and his cabinet are likely to have are of the "deals every scummy businessman makes all over" variety but the Dems have decided to act like Putin's secretly in control of the US instead of a senile new york city real estate billionaire and a bunch of cronies. Just like how they will never ever admit that maybe Hillary's campaign could have been run better, no, instead they'll blame Sanders and anyone else who dares to run against future establishment-anointed candidates as if they were false-flag saboteurs.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #349707

1g88a wrote:..
Yeah basically. We have the news media running in circles screaming about russians under every leaf like a fucking Art Bell guest hour but its legit because they're paid to talk about it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #349724

cedarbridge wrote:
1g88a wrote:..
Yeah basically. We have the news media running in circles screaming about russians under every leaf like a fucking Art Bell guest hour but its legit because they're paid to talk about it.
lol
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: