oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by oranges » #275105

Bottom post of the previous page:

XSI wrote:>Implying anything will happen to Gibraltar

Didn't those spanish-speaking folk learn from the Falklands?
Same shit, different location. Try to mess with the commonwealth and NATO? Because if Britain ever starts losing they can and will call on NATO, that's what it's there for.
Gibraltar is going to remain British, as long as the people who live there want it to be

If they want to change then I suppose there are procedures for that as well
lol
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275200

so hyena

how's /mlpol/ treating you?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #275201

I barely even go to /pol/ after the election. Most of my board activity is on /tg/.
Bring back papercult.

XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #275222

>/mlpol/
>Not /cock/
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275231

Personally I prefer /mo/ or maybe /can/.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cherrypone
Byond Username: Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #275287

I like this pol
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #275288

Based pol

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #275391

http://boards.4chan.org/mlpol/catalog
It's actually still open, and it's overall superior to /pol/
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275393

Even I like this new /pol/.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #275411

Not really surprising since /pol/ and /mlp/ have a fair bit of cross-over and used to be allied boards back in the day.

Newfags forget that part a lot of the time.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #275444

>When Hiroshimoot shoves two boards together expecting that they will eat each other alive in some sort of autistic death match but instead instantly reforge bonds of lasting fraternity
XSI

Post by XSI » #275669

Maybe he was aware of it all along and just wanted a /pol/ without bots and shills, just to see what it would be like
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #275714

Spain said they wouldn't oppose Scotland joining the EU. The UK got the hint and replied they are ready to go to war if Gibraltar is threatened. Everything going as expected so far.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #275727

Without Gilbritar, Spain's economy will colllapse because its both a strategic & economic hotspot. Gibratar will still have uncertainty unless clarified by negotiations, but losing it will make Spain potentially more economical viable for the wavering tourism over there on Spanish beaches.

I wonder if a war would be enough to drain the swamp of the EU entirely, i mean most of the smaller economies there would collapse under pressure and eventually the union would just fall apart, Spain's siesta model and its highest unemployment wouldn't do it any favours.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #275729

Apparently, according to the Treaty of Utrecht, if Gibraltar somehow secedes or becomes independent from the UK in any way, it is automatically annexed by Spain.

"And in case it shall hereafter seem meet to the Crown of Great Britain to grant, sell or by any means to alienate therefrom the propriety of the said town of Gibraltar, it is hereby agreed and concluded that the preference of having the sale shall always be given to the Crown of Spain before any others."
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #275730

On the topic of Gibraltar.

"Mr Picardo urged European Council President Donald Tusk to remove the reference to Gibraltar.
"Mr Tusk, who has been given to using the analogies of the divorce and divorce petition, is behaving like a cuckolded husband who is taking it out on the children," he said."

>cuck being used in actual politics
Oh god help.
私は完璧
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #275733

[youtube]YnYr-DX7dyo[/youtube]

Don't act like you didn't see it coming
Bring back papercult.

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #275735

memetic warfare is no joke

It is simultaneously the most entertaining and most horrifying form of warfare humanity has developed.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #275737

Once Scotland secedes and the ball starts rolling I can see Gibraltar holding their own independence referendum. It will be hilarious to watch them celebrate their successful independence from evil Britain only to realize they're now legally owned by Spain due to a 300-year-old treaty.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #275739

Gibraltar don't want to leave though, last time they had a vote they were 99% to 1% in favour of staying in the UK.
私は完璧
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #275752

Bomb in Russia, could be a false flag to blame internal opposition/the West (likely the opposition because of the recent protests)
XSI

Post by XSI » #275754

Grazyn wrote:Apparently, according to the Treaty of Utrecht, if Gibraltar somehow secedes or becomes independent from the UK in any way, it is automatically annexed by Spain.

"And in case it shall hereafter seem meet to the Crown of Great Britain to grant, sell or by any means to alienate therefrom the propriety of the said town of Gibraltar, it is hereby agreed and concluded that the preference of having the sale shall always be given to the Crown of Spain before any others."
Literally all this says is that Britain isn't allowed to give away, trade or sell Gibraltar to anyone except Spain
Which is not really going to happen because as mentioned previously, Gibraltar wants to stay with the UK.
So they're staying
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275871

Grazyn wrote:Bomb in Russia, could be a false flag to blame internal opposition/the West (likely the opposition because of the recent protests)
That's my gut feeling, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276081

BBC panorama just ran a big smearing piece on le-pen throwing a lot of "allegedly's" around about its claims, while completely brushing over the fact that perhaps the reason why Le-pen is lobbying money such as abroad is because as the programme states more than once, the French banks REFUSE to lend her money while discriminating her versus her political rivals.

>> Proceed to completely ignore this like actively sabotaging someones chances of running because of banks refusing to lend loans based on the fact its marine le-pen

>> Marine Le-Pens own father who founded but was removed from the party (with reasonable cause to talk ill of her) and a former foriegn affairs manager (after caught smuggling drugs in the dominican) both spoke on the programme and panorama treated both of them with credibility even with the distinct possibility of shitstirring for personal gain from both of them.

>> Constantly run anti-semitism as the narrative explanation of why they are dangerous and paint le-pen to be more dangerous than she is by insisting that she supported Russia taking over Crimea, whether she may or may not have met Vladamir Putin off record & called for loans from Russian bank, that she is collaborating with Putin and (Trump?) to undermine the EU bloc on the basis that single nations are more managable targets rather than a EU bloc.

Very interesting if she is a bit of a snake or has been influenced by other people in the party, given that some people will defend the right hand movement no matter what (as just is with unbudging political stances) but we can hope that this is what it appears to be, BBC spin.

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #276199

Grazyn wrote:Bomb in Russia, could be a false flag to blame internal opposition/the West (likely the opposition because of the recent protests)
>Retards with no clue about russian politics are talking russian politics

It was religion of peace. There is a photo of the bomber and everything.
Bring back papercult.

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #276295

CosmicScientist wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Spain said they wouldn't oppose Scotland joining the EU. The UK got the hint and replied they are ready to go to war if Gibraltar is threatened. Everything going as expected so far.
Apparently it's been like this all along. Apparently they don't like how the UK gave Scotland a referendum on it but they have little interest in opposing Scotland legally leaving the UK and legally joining the EU, the only point they'd probably stop Scotland from joining the EU is if Scotland illegally (violently) left the UK. I guess we don't know until the day of because lol brexit and all that.

I found it weird war was threatened. I couldn't find out if May said we'd go to war or if some secretary said we'd protect the rock by any means necessary (hey, we have a naval base there, can't really give that up, well, not without losing face). I don't see the UK doing well if we start a war over a useless rock (who wouldn't want to come to Spain's aid against the aggressive leaver? We wouldn't use nukes on Europeans and vice-versa, right?) and I don't see Spain doing well if they initiate it (do they have a military? I thought unemployment there, as everywhere, was such a meme that Spaniards were walking into Gibraltar for work that affording a military wouldn't be on the priorities).
as I understand it, Spain's blustering about not wanting Scotland to be able to leave the UK without interrupting EU membership was more down to not wanting to give Catalonia any ideas about also calling for independence from their parent country while still being able to stay in the single market, so they rattled the sabre about the scots having to reapply on their own terms and vetoing any idea of them being grandfathered in.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #276416

Hey, Spain has won one war since then.

Granted it was a civil war...
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #276480

Malkevin wrote:Hey, Spain has won one war since then.

Granted it was a civil war...
Spain vs Spain
Winner: Spain
+1 point to Spain!
-1 point to Spain!
私は完璧
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276492

Not saying that this is entirely impossible but using this as an excuse to wave the "fuck russian amiriteguys?" flag rather than focusing on the tragic loss of life strikes me as kind of disgusting
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #276510

The loss of life is tragic but there's no point in focusing on that beyond recognizing that it's a terrible event. And even if it was a false flag it wouldn't be the victims' fault anyway. My comment wasn't meant as disrespectful to the russian people.

Sadly the russian government isn't a beacon of transparency when it comes to terror attacks, the Moscow Theater thing left a bad taste in my mouth
An independent investigation of the event was undertaken by Russian politicians Sergei Yushenkov, Sergei Kovalev, journalist Anna Politkovskaya, Hoover Institute scholar John B. Dunlop, and former FSB officers Aleksander Litvinenko and Mikhail Trepashkin. According to their version, FSB knew about the terrorist group's arrival in Moscow and directed them to the theater through their agent provocateur Khanpasha Terkibayev ("Abu Bakar"), whose name was in the list of hostage takers and who left the theater alive.[58][88][89][90] In April 2003 Litvinenko gave information about Terkibayev ("the Terkibayev file") to Sergei Yushenkov when he visited London. Yushenkov passed this file to Politkovskaya and she was able to interview Terkibayev in person.[91] A few days later, Yushenkov was assassinated by gunfire in Moscow. Terkibayev was later killed in an apparent car crash in Chechnya.
I add that Politkovskaya was murdered in 2006 and Litvinenko one month later with polonium-laced coffee.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #276998

Wyzack wrote:
Not saying that this is entirely impossible but using this as an excuse to wave the "fuck russian amiriteguys?" flag rather than focusing on the tragic loss of life strikes me as kind of disgusting
It's not tragic.
It's kinda sad, but it isn't tragic.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #277003

Now the fact that german state still exists, that's a tragedy.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277004

InsaneHyena wrote:Now the fact that german state still exists, that's a tragedy.
No, a tragedy is a play depicting the physical, mental or spiritual destruction of its protagonist.
I've just about fucking had it with people misapplying it to events involving a lot of dead bodies.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277010

trag·e·dy
ˈtrajədē/
noun
an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.

READ A DICTIONARY DUMB LIZARD
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277011

Popular usage put that shit into the dictionary, and popular usage is wrong.
There's a reason it's called "popular". People did it. People repeated the mistake until it became accepted standard, and fuck these people specifically.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #277012

No, a tragedy is a play depicting the physical, mental or spiritual destruction of its protagonist.
I've just about fucking had it with people misapplying it to events involving a lot of dead bodies.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277014

InsaneHyena wrote:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #277018

Demonfiren the kind of ligga who corrects people when they use "third world" in relation to poor countries
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #277020

Read the book Frindle you fucking gorn
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #277022

For some reason I thought Crag was telling us to read about the ancient Finnish Empire
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277026

Grazyn wrote:Demonfiren the kind of ligga who corrects people when they use "third world" in relation to poor countries
Well, it's dated, but fuck it I gotta take it for lack of a serviceable alternative.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #277043

Give me a quick rundown on the ancient finns
XSI

Post by XSI » #277098

DemonFiren wrote:
InsaneHyena wrote:Now the fact that german state still exists, that's a tragedy.
I don´t see what the problem is

Germany has been physically, mentally and spiritually destroyed
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #277186

Wyzack acting like a few people dead to a bomb in russia is a tragedy when loads of people get blown up every day in the middle east is the real irony.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #277192

[youtube]yBOuaIunveY[/youtube]

[White purity]

[Re-civilize yourself]

[White stays white. Black stays black]

/our guys/

Also we care because people getting blown up isn't life as usual in Russia.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #277261

>Trump is a Russian puppet
>Trump says he's had enough of Russia-backed Assad and wants him gone

DNC on suicide watch
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277264

oranges wrote:Wyzack acting like a few people dead to a bomb in russia is a tragedy when loads of people get blown up every day in the middle east is the real irony.
Not trying to say it is somehow worse than when a greater number of brown people die, we just were not discussing that at the moment
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #277265

Luke Cox wrote:>Trump is a Russian puppet
>Trump says he's had enough of Russia-backed Assad and wants him gone

DNC on suicide watch
Well, the UK has been a US puppet for fuck-knows how long, and who was it that funded the IRA again?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277362

If the Ganges river is a person he desperately needs to be put out of his misery
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #277370

The pollution reminds me of how worlds are killed off in 40k by pollution.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277376

The Ganges river is literally what an underhive sump would be like
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster