Byond Username: Bolien

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by Bolien » #242915

That was Gawker.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #243061

As an italian, this latest story (fake or not) is hilarious because our former prime minister Berlusconi was recorded on tape inviting a prostitute to "Putin's bed" on the night of the 2008 Obama election. And now there's Trump allegedly inviting prostitutes to piss on Obama's bed while visiting Putin

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 54477.html
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #243066

I can't believe I even have to say this but the hentai part is a photoshop
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243069

BGO I'm disappointed in you for posting the Trump watersports thing in OOC last night like it was confirmed. Shamefru.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
bandit

Post by bandit » #243072

it's my headcanon :honkman: :whiskey:

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #243585

I should probably start posting this once a page.
[youtube]d4jn2HGHseA[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #243897

>trump isn't even inaugurated yet and he already managed to piss off everyone
>4 more years of this gold

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #243903

>liberal doublethink has replaced being salty with "pissing everyone off"

hmm.

>character assassination and hate narratives done by mainstream media, social media soapboxes, celebrities telling the average american what's best for them, everyone except the average person- accurately reflect what the average person thinks
Spoiler:
You know if I were a batshit insane liberal with a streak of common sense, I'd sit down and think about where it went wrong. Start with the slogans. I'mWithHer and MakeAmericaGreatAgain. One makes the campaign the means and makes the candidate winning the end. The other makes the candidate the means, and making the lives of people better the end. Consider this and what it means to the average person. Not the average person soaking up propaganda online. The average, maybe middle-aged person, maybe struggling single mother, or father struggling to be the breadwinner, the average person who keeps their opinions hidden because they risk being labeled things that cost them their job. If the six figure salary idiot in charge of hillary's 'public' face was stuck up enough to not ever consider that, how do you think the rest of the campaign and the candidate actually felt? How do you think the average person felt? There are a lot of perceptive average people, who might not put it in words, but they'll certainly think it.

Maybe the average person thinks they've tentatively given their trust to an unknown factor. If it does get worse, they'll get bitter but they'll weather it somehow. If it gets better, and they've been given the hope that they will, they will celebrate. It's not a bad way to think about their lives. Maybe attempts by one candidate's campaign to scare the average person into thinking the other candidate was a horrible person so they'd better vote for her, never inspired any real hope. Compared to actual problems, what are virtue signalling hopes about 'the first female president' or 'a president who won't lock up my islam and lgbt friends aren't I progressive'? How does any of that relate to the average person?

Or maybe you were never referring to the average person. Maybe you were talking all this time, about the filthy liars and parasites within mainstream media, social media, celebrities and the like. Who gives a fuck about them? Giving a fuck about them only lets them control you. Were you talking about multinational corporations? They don't need to be given a fuck about beyond the threat of severe financial pain lest they hurt the countries they operate in. Foreign countries? Exactly the same thing. Who cares what they say they think as long as they behave as we reasonably want them to? Countries across human history have understood the necessity of saying one thing while doing another, and it won't be the first time countries pay lip service to something while still holding hands.
Keep the delusion up and it'll be 8 years of gold for you to enjoy. Understand basic human psychology and decency and just maybe, just maybe it'll be 4.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #243915

imblyings wrote:accurately reflect what the average person thinks
the average person was more likely to vote for hillary than trump
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243917

in a democratic system

not in a republican system with different states with different focuses of propaganda, with blacks and mexicans treated not as people but as a source of votes

but even in a democratic system, someone outside of politics as a businessman outsmarted the system and everything going against him because he did something that caused half more or less, depending on illegal votes, of a country to place their trust in him.

What you still don't understand, judging by your one-liner, is why hillary lost and why people suffer and why people chose for something that gave them hope. It is why people like you continue to try for any crack or failure whatosever to make yourselves feel good and vindicated and proven right, while the average person just wants a better life.
bandit

Post by bandit » #243923

imblyings wrote:You know if I were a batshit insane liberal with a streak of common sense, I'd sit down and think about where it went wrong. Start with the slogans. I'mWithHer and MakeAmericaGreatAgain. One makes the campaign the means and makes the candidate winning the end. The other makes the candidate the means, and making the lives of people better the end. Consider this and what it means to the average person. Not the average person soaking up propaganda online. The average, maybe middle-aged person, maybe struggling single mother, or father struggling to be the breadwinner, the average person who keeps their opinions hidden because they risk being labeled things that cost them their job. If the six figure salary idiot in charge of hillary's 'public' face was stuck up enough to not ever consider that, how do you think the rest of the campaign and the candidate actually felt? How do you think the average person felt? There are a lot of perceptive average people, who might not put it in words, but they'll certainly think it.
according to almost all exit polling more people "struggling to be the breadwinner" voted democratic than republican (the cutoff is under $50,000 a year). rednecks at rallies make good TV but the bulk of republican voters are still basically the same people who always vote republican

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #243925

According to all known laws
of politics,

there is no way an orange
should be able to win.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #243928

imblyings wrote:in a democratic system

not in a republican system

oh now I get it, the fatal error I made while trying to discuss American politics with you and everyone else on this forum

you see, I operated under the assumption that the USA was a democracy
Spoiler:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243930

fuck the edit and quote buttons are too close to each other

if the same people who voted republican voted republican this time they wouldn't have won, states had to go red for that to happen, and painting them as rednecks is partially why it happened

That's not the point at any rate, one person new to a presidential elections received the trust of more or less half a nation. This half have a different mindset and approach to life than the other half. The other half still rely on their old tactics to get whatever it is that they want despite it not working when they need it during the election. Lib, dems, whatever you call them, need to evolve past what they do now and in the process hopefully grow up and not paint the other side as 'rednecks'. When they understand that, my point is, they won't just become better people, they'll have a real shot at winning an election.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #243931

Ricotez wrote:
imblyings wrote:in a democratic system

not in a republican system

oh now I get it, the fatal error I made while trying to discuss American politics with you and everyone else on this forum

you see, I operated under the assumption that the USA was a democracy
It's a federal republic.
CosmicScientist wrote:So does that mean the UK is a republic? We have constituencies, the masses vote in representatives there and then they go to the big wooden box to decide what's good 'nuff for themselves if good 'nuff for the rest to do without.

This is very confusing terminology.
Constitutional monarchy.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #243933

I agree that bullying people, not having any political experience, not having done a single thing for anyone other than yourself in your entire life, insulting entire population groups, spending more time attacking your political opponent with adhom than talking about policy, getting away with making fun of disabled people, admitting on tape to being a misogynistic molester, and enjoying watersports is certainly a new approach to running for president
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #243935

>le political correctness is bad meme
>don't call people rednecks it isn't respectful

admin feedback pls
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243936

Please distance yourself from the propaganda you hear on mainstream media. The one caught colluding with the DNC to character assassinate Trump and help Hillary. The one spreading lies right up til the point the votes came in and revealed they went so far in they believed their own lies.

You list bullying people, which is about the only one I will agree with, but this is nothing Hillary hasn't done when she's not face to face with Trump and I only really agree with this because Jeb was so utterly destroyed by Trump no one will forget for some time. Maybe the one about making fun of disabled people but everyone here uses autism as a casual insult or even badge of pride.

Trump has had to negotiate with politicians to build his real estate empire and regardless of experience, he's outwitted every other politician competitor and political group to get where he is. He's done plenty of things for other people if you looked past mainstream media but he's humble and smart enough to not boast about it. Claims about misogynism and racism are based on lies, very rarely do people never say a thing they don't want to be public, and the majority of men say things like this when with close friends at some point in their life. Look closely at the media, and you'll realize racism and misogynism are powerful terms used as weapons, not as objective labels. If you're referring to anything related to mexico, he's been careful to refer to the ones that commit crimes. Posting anything about the watersports allegation makes you look like the sort of person to fall for desperate character shaming tactics done by very incompetent and desperate losers who don't and won't ever have your best interests at heart. Please don't be that person.

Anyway, everything you post still goes to prove my point.

Whatever you are, dem, liberal, you fixate yourselves on the person. All your posts are fixated upon trying to find something to smear him with. Nothing about biding your time and waiting to analyze and critique his actions after he is inaugurated. Actions Trump promised he was the means to. You could at least wait to see what he actually does wrong as a president so not only do you have valid grounds of criticism, you also provide an opinion regarding something actually of worth. You probably will at any rate, you and plenty of people across America will be waiting to pounce on the first mistake he makes and tout it as complete proof he should be ousted. You'll forget the travesty that was obamacare or the national debt and you'll forget the thousands of people dead as a result of Clinton's meddling in the middle east. Which is fine, we need to move on, but you won't judge them the same.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243937

there is political correctness and there is common courtesy

political correctness is a form of tyranny where not kowtowing the line means you put yourself at risk of being labeled things that cost you your job, friends, or even family ties

common courtesy is not handwaving millions of people away with a label with connotations of 'stupid or irrelevant' because they voted for someone you didn't support

I'll add that common sense is realizing these millions of people have a vote and not ignoring these people when you are a candidate who would like to be president :^)
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243940

lets make this a trifecta

I and many others welcome legitimate criticism when Trump does fuck up because he can't risk fucking up. America is doing pretty badly in some places and all empires fall. If America wants to continue being an empire a lot of hard things have to be done and the last thing he needs is yes men.

So wait for when he does fuck up and give him everything you've got and you'll get thanked.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #243947

imblyings wrote:So wait for when he does fuck up and give him everything you've got and you'll get thanked.
mate he has already fucked up countless times and every time people like you defend his actions or outright deny his fuckups, going as far as to deligitimize any media who report negatively on him. Fox fucking News had to defend the journalistic integrity of CNN. none of this is going to change after he is inaugurated.
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #243948

Obama literally pushing a law that delegitimalizations news outlets that disagree with him ya fucking hypocrite
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243954

Rico it really deligitimizes your popcorn comment when you are clearly not happy with the results. I don't think trump is the best choice either but I certainly see why he won.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #243958

Trump didn't win by convincing people to vote for him, though.

He got FEWER votes than the previous three republican candidates for the presidency. The vast majority of these votes were from traditionally republican groups. Very few people "crossed the aisle" to vote Trump, and some republicans elected to vote for no one.

He won by convincing democrats that Hillary was bad enough that they should just stay home and not vote at all. To me, that indicates that if you dislike what trump represents, your target should be the two-party system before it is the electoral college.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #243962

>delegitimize media

I'm not sure if you think I do think this but I need to say it right now, I don't hate you or your opinions. I am saddened, very very mystified, but saddened. People should not be lied to by news corporations to the point where leaked documents proving collusion are disregarded completely. If there ever was genuine negative information on Trump, the media have very incompetently handled it and buried it amongst far more sensationalist lies and it is too late to make a difference. Fox News and CNN are one and the same regardless of their content and they fully know well the same people who believed in the lies mainstream media pushed will just as easily turn on all of mainstream media if things just slip for a moment. Their bottom line is profit and if it means swallowing their non-existent pride so be it.

I await actual times where he has fucked up. Policy decisions that hurt Americans. Executive orders that are incompetent in nature. Mistakes like these and whether he acknowledges them and moves to competently fix it or weasel his way out. Wild attempts to label him (identity warfare!) and smear him, are not Trump's fuck ups. They are fuck ups by the people who failed to prevent his nomination, his election win, and then the vote confirmation. Frankly those people should be moving on to do what they can for America but clearly modern politics is not always about the common good. You and I aren't politicians though and while internet arguments do nothing either way, I'm very sure you're not the sort of person to repeatedly make mistakes like those people.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243969

Who woulda been better, Wyzack? Certainly not Bernie.

If Bernie had stayed true to his words about wanting to dismantle the establishment he should have won as an independent, and likely had a much better showing than Hillary. He pussied out however, as he wasn't willing to gamble being blacklisted by the democrat establishment if he did so, unlike Trump who would have had he not gotten the republican nomination. I felt like that really showed how he was talking a big game but wasn't ready to bet it all on himself.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #243982

In a two party system that's not an unreasonable conclusion for Bernie to reach, though, Shadow. I feel Bernie's decision had less to do with his belief in his own message and more to do with his belief that a (apparently) likely Hillary victory was preferable to splitting the Democrat vote.

Sure, if he had known how Trump would do in the election it would have made sense for him to run as an independent, but he didn't have access to that information at the time he was making his decision.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #243985

Wasn't Bern a rogue plant after all was said and done though?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #243991

Silly murricans and your political bull

From what I know, a lot of the people who voted Trump are already regretting that it couldn't have been someone else, since they fully expect Trump to fuck up pretty much every single thing they hoped for.
And Bernie was going to be worse than Hillary anyway, since Bernie flat out said white people can't be poor and accepted BLM/identity politics.

There is no way anyone could have looked at that and gone "This is a great idea". It would have just been pointed out an infinite number of times by the Trump campaign and then Bernie would pretty much fail it as hard as Hillary.
Blame the two party system, it's more about making your opponent look evil and pandering to your own side than about reasonable discussion. This is why the DNC has the SJW idiots being loud in it, and the RNC has the extreme religious Christians in it. In a system like Europe has, both of these would be fringe parties because they only represent a small chunk of people and are a bad stereotype to be associated with
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #243994

>both of these things would be fringe parties
Behold FN, AfD, PiS, etc.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #243997

XSI wrote:From what I know, a lot of the people who voted Trump are already regretting that it couldn't have been someone else, since they fully expect Trump to fuck up pretty much every single thing they hoped for.
I've heard differently, that a good percentage of people in America are hopeful. Can't recall from exactly who though, but I can't imagine why people would be terribly regretting Trump getting elected. We should at least wait until he actually fucks up before screeching and pointing at him and how he fucked up.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #244000

While I didn't vote for him (I just didn't vote), I'm going to remain hopeful to see what he does. I have no real reason not to. I agree to watch out, but at the same time give making America great again a chance.

Either way going to go about, work my job, pay my bills and be an average American just hoping our country can get it's shit together.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
XSI

Post by XSI » #244001

DemonFiren wrote:>both of these things would be fringe parties
Behold FN, AfD, PiS, etc.
Those aren't extremist idiots though. They're just nationalists. And since there aren't other political parties in their countries that support nationalism, they get the entire nationalist vote.
If the established political parties would stop being globalist asshats, they'd get some of those votes too.
But they won't, because nationalism is a thing that benefits the people of a country, and not the rich international business type of people that these parties consist of.

I can tell you that, at least in the Netherlands, the situation I mentioned is as I said. The SJW idiots have their own party that never gets anything above 2%, and the extremist religious ones only get 3%. Then the rest of us can actually ignore them and let them scream about their own shit.
ShadowDimentio wrote:
XSI wrote:From what I know, a lot of the people who voted Trump are already regretting that it couldn't have been someone else, since they fully expect Trump to fuck up pretty much every single thing they hoped for.
I've heard differently, that a good percentage of people in America are hopeful. Can't recall from exactly who though, but I can't imagine why people would be terribly regretting Trump getting elected. We should at least wait until he actually fucks up before screeching and pointing at him and how he fucked up.
The anti-corruption, the anti-globalism, and the anti-Hillary stuff.
The 'anti-corruption', 'drain the swamp' guy assembled a cabinet that is essentially Wall Street and corporate interests.
Who are global businesses without any attempts to reduce that and boost national workers
And he's dropping the point about Hillary actually being prosecuted for her crimes

People are disappointed, but at the same time, they are still hyped about and hopefull for the wall and immigration reform. That, and they still like that at least it wasn't Hillary
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #244002

XSI wrote:nationalism is a thing that benefits the people of a country
>people actually believe this
[youtube]4pDEU96vJIk[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #244004

What did he mean by this
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #244011

That he enjoys sucking Ahmed cock.
Bring back papercult.

bandit

Post by bandit » #244013

ShadowDimentio wrote:Who woulda been better, Wyzack? Certainly not Bernie.

If Bernie had stayed true to his words about wanting to dismantle the establishment he should have won as an independent, and likely had a much better showing than Hillary. He pussied out however, as he wasn't willing to gamble being blacklisted by the democrat establishment if he did so, unlike Trump who would have had he not gotten the republican nomination. I felt like that really showed how he was talking a big game but wasn't ready to bet it all on himself.
disclaimer: I didn't vote in the primary and I don't dislike bernie as much as the below is going to make it sound like

the single most annoying group of people right now are not the /pol/ people, who are at least predictable, or the democrats, who are also predictable, but the bernie people. no, bernie would not have won. if the republicans can get away with calling obama a socialist and have it stick then the closest thing in america to an actual socialist certainly won't have a chance (and has never, historically, had a chance, how's that eugene v. debs campaign looking? oh wait, which one?) the republicans apparently had a fuckton of really bad opposition research on bernie, some of which can be found now.

the dnc meme is also somewhat annoying. like, bro, come the fuck on for a second. bernie wasn't a democrat until he decided to suddenly run as one this election in order to get out of the jill stein tier. what makes you think the democratic party would bend over and go "oh sure, come right in, everyone gets a fair shot?" it's the exact same thing the republican party did to trump (also not a republican originally), except they were at least smart enough not to go too far and alienate the majority of their voterbase.

this is one of the two things the democratic party actually has to realize: suck it up and think as a party. (the republicans consistently do.) the other thing is to actually grow a pair and oppose the other party. (again, the republicans consistently do; most of the actionable anti-trump opposition in the past couple weeks has come from republicans.)

admin feedback pls
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #244039

the DNC is a far more sprawling and efficient machine than the republicans though. bernie had more of a chance than hillary because at least he didn't have 30 years of bribery, corruption, recalling QRFs, collusion, murder(?) dirty dealings, illegal servers, lies, insane amounts of criminal negligence, conspiracy.. etc etc

whether the right calls you a socialist or not is immaterial because they call everyone a socialist, probably including hillary "i am actually a fucking neoconservative" clinton. that label scares exactly no one. bernie's actual cold-war allegiances are a little questionable but i'm not sure that rumor is nearly as damaging as the above. the democrats probably could have picked someone off the street with no history at all and it would have gone better.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #244049

imblyings wrote:>delegitimize media

I'm not sure if you think I do think this but I need to say it right now, I don't hate you or your opinions. I am saddened, very very mystified, but saddened. People should not be lied to by news corporations to the point where leaked documents proving collusion are disregarded completely. If there ever was genuine negative information on Trump, the media have very incompetently handled it and buried it amongst far more sensationalist lies and it is too late to make a difference. Fox News and CNN are one and the same regardless of their content and they fully know well the same people who believed in the lies mainstream media pushed will just as easily turn on all of mainstream media if things just slip for a moment. Their bottom line is profit and if it means swallowing their non-existent pride so be it.

I await actual times where he has fucked up. Policy decisions that hurt Americans. Executive orders that are incompetent in nature. Mistakes like these and whether he acknowledges them and moves to competently fix it or weasel his way out. Wild attempts to label him (identity warfare!) and smear him, are not Trump's fuck ups. They are fuck ups by the people who failed to prevent his nomination, his election win, and then the vote confirmation. Frankly those people should be moving on to do what they can for America but clearly modern politics is not always about the common good. You and I aren't politicians though and while internet arguments do nothing either way, I'm very sure you're not the sort of person to repeatedly make mistakes like those people.
>Don't believe the news!
>Don't believe any information!

That's what I hear you saying.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #244050

What he's saying is that the media can't keep crying wolf on Trump over stupid shit, and if there actually ever does turn out to be a wolf then nobody's going to fucking believe them because the last fifty times it's been a false alarm.

I mean you'd have to be retarded to say THERE ISN'T A WOLF as evidence of the wolf's presence is glaring you in the face, but at that point the said wolf will probably have eaten your sheep and moved on.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #244053

And at that point, the idiots who cried wolf when there was nothing are going to go "Told you so", as if they never did anything wrong.
starmute

Post by starmute » #244086

ShadowDimentio wrote:What he's saying is that the media can't keep crying wolf on Trump over stupid shit, and if there actually ever does turn out to be a wolf then nobody's going to fucking believe them because the last fifty times it's been a false alarm.

I mean you'd have to be retarded to say THERE ISN'T A WOLF as evidence of the wolf's presence is glaring you in the face, but at that point the said wolf will probably have eaten your sheep and moved on.
The problem is when people get their news is from groups like storm-front or breitbart which I feel the president is encouraging. From what I've seen the CNN information that was "fake news" was actually a report given by a former British intelligence agent. It was given to the FBI by a US senator. That should be newsworthy. What's the difference between the Clinton probe and the Trump information?

I think the major thing is when the information is to someone's liking they go "Ah ha!" but when its not then they get mad at the media.
Cik

Post by Cik » #244088

the information was unverifiable and completely ludicrous

exceptional claims require exceptional evidence and they have literally zero

scuttlebutt says it was there at the request of a congressman with an agenda, attached as an example of disinformation, or both

tl;dr calling CNN "fake news" in this sense is literally true
starmute

Post by starmute » #244089

Cik wrote:the information was unverifiable and completely ludicrous

exceptional claims require exceptional evidence and they have literally zero

scuttlebutt says it was there at the request of a congressman with an agenda, attached as an example of disinformation, or both

tl;dr calling CNN "fake news" in this sense is literally true
Saying that it was a report that was passed to the FBI is a true fact. Saying that it was authored by a former British intelligence operative is a fact. It may be a fake report, but the fact that the report went to the highest level of government is noteworthy if not newsworthy.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #244090

Breitbart at least has the decency to tell you at the outset "Hey this is a right-wing media publication" and then going from there instead of places like CNN that'll tout supposed neutral journalism and then pull the plug on a congressman that starts biting into their agenda.

Also I don't care if Jesus Christ himself gave me a report if it says something as utterly ridiculous as the shit the report had.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
starmute

Post by starmute » #244091

ShadowDimentio wrote:Breitbart at least has the decency to tell you at the outset "Hey this is a right-wing media publication" and then going from there instead of places like CNN that'll tout supposed neutral journalism and then pull the plug on a congressman that starts biting into their agenda.

Also I don't care if Jesus Christ himself gave me a report if it says something as utterly ridiculous as the shit the report had.
And how do you feel about the Clinton report?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #244092

Haven't read it so no comment
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
starmute

Post by starmute » #244093

ShadowDimentio wrote:Haven't read it so no comment
Regardless it was considered a bad thing that made Clinton seem corrupt however in the end.. it was seen that nothing definitive came from it.

My argument is that if something is in the domain of the goverment even if it isn't complete it is published as news. Some of these "scoops" are stuff people would kill for. Even stupid things like the Bush twins getting drunk or whatever. Secret memos, rumors, reports by intelligence agents are all seen as information to be published. That's the news industry.

The very fact that the reports were published and given to the goverment is news in itself.
Cik

Post by Cik » #244110

starmute wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Haven't read it so no comment
Regardless it was considered a bad thing that made Clinton seem corrupt however in the end.. it was seen that nothing definitive came from it.

My argument is that if something is in the domain of the goverment even if it isn't complete it is published as news. Some of these "scoops" are stuff people would kill for. Even stupid things like the Bush twins getting drunk or whatever. Secret memos, rumors, reports by intelligence agents are all seen as information to be published. That's the news industry.

The very fact that the reports were published and given to the goverment is news in itself.
we have definitive proof that clinton is corrupt
we do not have definitive proof that trump hired a bunch of russian prostitutes to piss on a bed used by the obamas while they were in russia
That's the news industry.
appeal to status quo and ultimately meaningless. the fact that they reported the existence of a document isn't what i (at least) complain about. the fact that they reported it's contents without any proof and entirely out of context (which they have been doing literally the whole fucking election) is the problem.

i guess the real question is "do you consider tabloids 'fake news'?" because if so, CNN is now reporting tabloid-esque stories and are now fake news. ironic how they all managed to coin that term and now exemplify it.
starmute

Post by starmute » #244116

Cik wrote: we have definitive proof that clinton is corrupt
we do not have definitive proof that trump hired a bunch of russian prostitutes to piss on a bed used by the obamas while they were in russia
Holding it to the same standards should a news source publish a investigation when it is not over? The Clintons were never convicted of anything and haven't been charged with anything. My argument is you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either the standard for news has to be "completely solid sources 100% true and over" or not. The major problem with the prior view that there is a race to be first and fastest.

Cik wrote: appeal to status quo and ultimately meaningless. the fact that they reported the existence of a document isn't what i (at least) complain about. the fact that they reported it's contents without any proof and entirely out of context (which they have been doing literally the whole fucking election) is the problem.
A president, or anyone who is in the highest office of the land should be under constant scrutiny. I don't agree with it but people investigated Obama's birth certificate continuously years ago. Should it be followed up? Certainly. Should it be reported? Sure.

Later the report might turn out false but it should be followed up.