What are you doing (or not doing) at work?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: What are you doing (or not doing) at work?

Post by Qbopper » #266054

Bottom post of the previous page:

i worked at a tim hortons (coffee/pastry place for non canadians) for a bit

I had a week left on my hiring probation (3 month period after hiring where you can be fired without warning or explanation) and was apparently doing really well, one of the older folks working there swore I lied when I said it was my first time and claimed I had to have worked at a tims before

showed up one day and the manager said "remember that probation? yeah sorry we're not keeping you"

a shame tbh I really enjoyed working there, though this was a while ago
Limey wrote:its too late.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #266063

Malkevin wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:
Malkevin wrote:You track people down and stalk them for a shitty 2d autism box...
NikNakFlak wrote:I just started tutoring at my university for my major.
Did you even read the thread or did you just want to throw shade
Do you even fucking read?
You were calling Intigracy 'disturbed' for having road rage, I called you disturbed for being a stalker.
Wanting to kill people road rage yea.
and you always say that, it's your go-to insult for anything I do. Be more clear in your sentences in the future, it will better help you articulate your meaning in the world.
I like working with data. You use the same insults over and over and continue to be the grumpy dude on the forums. Shrug.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #266076

a desire to murder people, if kept in check by not being batshit insane, is pretty normal and occurs with relative frequency even in healthy humans
stalking people over internet slapfights isn't and doesn't
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #266078

I don't stalk people over slapfights. I put their username into a search bar, press search, look at the number assigned to their computer by byond, look at that, that's about it.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #266115

That's stalking them because they slighted you.

You just don't think so because you're not a normal person.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #266121

Slighted me?
I usually just double check other admins notes and bans, I never have contact nor even know the people usually.
I'm not you inti, that's more of your expertise. ;)
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #266123

also sorry for ruining your thread shaps, wasn't just all me tho
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #266124

It's okay niknak, forgiving people is a full time job for me
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #266261

lol
you are mom is gay
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #266280

All of my co-workers and I have been getting really excited about this paper: https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 017-1299-z

Some beautiful madmen in China, while everyone else was busy asking "is it ethical to genetically modify human embryos" responded with a resounding "CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF US GENETICALLY MODIFYING HUMAN EMBRYOS"

They performed the first successful targeted genetic modification to fix a disease-causing mutation in a potentially viable human embryo via CRISPR/Cas9.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #266896

Spring break is going great so far, I'm spinning in my chair really fast a lot and getting paid money for it
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #267059

>calling someone disturbed for doing a good job as an admin

How the fuck is googling an IP to see if it's a proxy or not and linking ckeys together based on the used ip's and ranges, stalking you fucking memes? WHat the fuck do you envision that NikNak was doing? Going into a cafe and through your garbage?

I know you're so retarded you need a sound track to remind you to breathe but could you just for once try to understand something before you run your mouth.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #267068

oops I thought it was NTR Hut
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #267147

randomly doing that to random people just so he can get his jollies off isn't normal regardless of how much you try justifying it
you are mom is gay
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #267149

lntigracy wrote:randomly doing that to random people just so he can get his jollies off isn't normal regardless of how much you try justifying it
What the fuck is your deal
Limey wrote:its too late.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #267153

niknak started with the insults famalam
you are mom is gay
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #267161

I said it disturbed that you wanted to hit people with a car
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #267197

I'm a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) at a retirement facility, I'm one of three male employees in the whole damn building, and of those three I'm the only one on day shift. twelve hour shifts, making me half of all available muscle in the building during hours where you're likely to need muscle.

I have my own personal overhead page, they call me 'Dr. Strong' which was an overhead code for additional muscle for a lift job before I got there, but now it just means me. example: Intercom. "Dr Strong to room 409 please, Dr Strong to room 409, thank you"
Roughly translated in CNA-speak mean I need to get my ass to 409 for either someone who has fallen in a location to cramped for a mechanical lift, or an Alzheimers patient is beating the hell out of someone and I need to come pacify the situation, like some orderly at a psyche hospital, which I'm not trained for, but I happen to be a natural at it.

I love my job, and hate my employers, overmanaged at every turn, and there's always five chiefs for every indian, too many people have so little actual job to do that they spend their time criticizing others for the job they've done while over-loaded and under-supported.

I often use my catchphrase "I wish 'I' had a job where I didn't have to actually do my job" when I've run into a supply issue, such as laundry not having any linen for me to use (Washclothes and bedsheets are the lifeblood of a retirement facility) or central supply failing to supply me with enough hand sanitizer, gloves, or briefs (Diapers, depends, pull-ups etc) to make it through a shift.

But despite the grueling labor of lifting old people from bed to chair to wheelchair to bed and whiping reer-ends twelve hours a day, it's not so bad, it's the first job I've ever had with a roof and walls at the same time, and I've yet to be splashed with molten metal so far. so life is good.

Also, I'm trying to make a master mold for a cast pewter chess set with the black pieces being a force tarnished copper/silver alloy as a side piece of revenue, once I got that done I'll be doing that on the side for aditional cash flow.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #267265

Oh yeah you're the guys that sign the release papers when I go to pick em up with a hearse.

Please never forget to cover them with a sheet. Not only does it make extraction easier on us, it prevents purge from reaching the floor and making it a mess to clean.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #267275

and thats capitalism baybee
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #267402

D&B wrote:Oh yeah you're the guys that sign the release papers when I go to pick em up with a hearse.
Nah, Need an actual nurse for that, I'm the step below that
D&B wrote:Please never forget to cover them with a sheet. Not only does it make extraction easier on us, it prevents purge from reaching the floor and making it a mess to clean.
Dunno what kind of jacked up places you're picking people up from, but where I'm at we have 'death care' so everyone is nice and clean, in a new outfit with a brief and rubber sheet to boot to avoid such messy eventualities. and also the cover sheet too. we don't send people out in a mess, You guys got enough to worry about.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #267424

I read this thread and feel bad because I live in a tiny town where my options range from retail work to fast food. And not even big retail. Literally petrol station or tescos.
I play Boris Pepper.
D&B

Post by D&B » #267445

Dunno what kind of jacked up places you're picking people up from, but where I'm at we have 'death care' so everyone is nice and clean, in a new outfit with a brief and rubber sheet to boot to avoid such messy eventualities. and also the cover sheet too. we don't send people out in a mess, You guys got enough to worry about.
Oh trust me, there's retirement homes that only care about the money. Kinda makes you glad when you pick up someone from those places, at least you know now they're having a proper rest.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
D&B

Post by D&B » #267446

Bluespace wrote:I read this thread and feel bad because I live in a tiny town where my options range from retail work to fast food. And not even big retail. Literally petrol station or tescos.
You can get good money doing independent body pick ups for funeral homes, if you can handle it. At most you'll need to be able to lift 120 pounds or so, but it pays off well, and it gets your foot in the door if you want to get into the funeral business.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #267887

Main Programmer/Sys Admin has had to step out during a transfer of some customer's blobs (files) between servers.
I have been left in charge.

am sys admin now.
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #267911

show that you're better than him by turning the system into an atmospheric simulator
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268126

Bluespace wrote:I read this thread and feel bad because I live in a tiny town where my options range from retail work to fast food. And not even big retail. Literally petrol station or tescos.
A software developer can work remotely, earn good salary and live cheaply outside of the city.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #268138

Doctor Pork wrote:I cut meat. Beef specifically.
"Doctor Pork"
DISAPPOINTED
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #268216

oranges wrote:
A software developer can work remotely, earn good salary and live cheaply outside of the city.
"Entry level" "Remote Work" "Good Salary (for entry level)" seems like one of those "you can pick any two, but not all three" statements.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #268350

Software developers specifically can get away with it because they're in high demand.

Lots of people with comp-sci or similar degrees try to do startups, or game dev, or whatever, and there weren't that many to begin with, so if you know how to program and are willing to do drudge work you can get away with a lot.

My brother studied comp sci and is experiencing the effect right now. I'd have done the same, but I love genetics too much.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #268366

Ye ye ye nah nah nah. That's no excuse to feel that you're not achieving anything with life.

Here's a shout: Instead of thinking that you're too high and mighty to work in a "tescos or a pub or a petrol station" how about you go there and you work and then you save money and then after you have some money saved up you move from whatever town you live in to a place with more career options.

There is very little excuse to say that "I don't have any money to move out because the only jobs I can get is a mininum wage (which I may add is like £7.20) job stacking shelves." You think moving towns is difficult and unattainable? Bruh I had to fucking move to a different country and I still managed it. I worked shitty jobs, my last job was literal fucking warehouse grunt work. You ever walked stupid amount of miles in steel toed boots? It's only bad for the first few weeks.

What you're doing is averting and procrastinating about your lack of options. You do have options, it's just those options are going to fucking HURT. There's no easy path in life unless you were born into a billionaire family. I get it, it's easy to complain and whinge, it's much harder to actually get up at 6 in the morning to get dressed in some shitty supermarkets uniform so you can do monotomous work whilst having a fake smile and in a constant fake "Always happy to help!". But that's life, and it's life for a lot of people. You have the ability to work that job for a little while and then move out and find better and more rewarding work. The people that have worked in that tescos or sainsburys for literal decades are not so lucky.

It's the same shit with college grads. Getting a BSc does not guarantee you shit nowadays. Heck, getting a masters doesn't and neither does getting a phD. They're all entry requirements, hard work and dedication gets you the job you want. I'm not under any illusion that as soon as I finish my phD that I'm going to get instantly accepted by a institute to do their research. The shit I'm researching, just like 99.9% of other projects, literally have zero real world application. The only people who are going to read it is my tutor and my auditor. Otherwise it's going to the theses pile in the library never to see the fucking light of day again. I just hope that I manage to get into an interview and actually show them how much I care for the work and how hard I'll work for it. That's what matters. Your education and degrees opens the door to the office, but that's it. It's not a fucking keycard to employment, it's a facilitator.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #268371

More studying for the CCNA
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #268375

ColonicAcid wrote:
Ye ye ye nah nah nah. That's no excuse to feel that you're not achieving anything with life.

Here's a shout: Instead of thinking that you're too high and mighty to work in a "tescos or a pub or a petrol station" how about you go there and you work and then you save money and then after you have some money saved up you move from whatever town you live in to a place with more career options.

There is very little excuse to say that "I don't have any money to move out because the only jobs I can get is a mininum wage (which I may add is like £7.20) job stacking shelves." You think moving towns is difficult and unattainable? Bruh I had to fucking move to a different country and I still managed it. I worked shitty jobs, my last job was literal fucking warehouse grunt work. You ever walked stupid amount of miles in steel toed boots? It's only bad for the first few weeks.

What you're doing is averting and procrastinating about your lack of options. You do have options, it's just those options are going to fucking HURT. There's no easy path in life unless you were born into a billionaire family. I get it, it's easy to complain and whinge, it's much harder to actually get up at 6 in the morning to get dressed in some shitty supermarkets uniform so you can do monotomous work whilst having a fake smile and in a constant fake "Always happy to help!". But that's life, and it's life for a lot of people. You have the ability to work that job for a little while and then move out and find better and more rewarding work. The people that have worked in that tescos or sainsburys for literal decades are not so lucky.

It's the same shit with college grads. Getting a BSc does not guarantee you shit nowadays. Heck, getting a masters doesn't and neither does getting a phD. They're all entry requirements, hard work and dedication gets you the job you want. I'm not under any illusion that as soon as I finish my phD that I'm going to get instantly accepted by a institute to do their research. The shit I'm researching, just like 99.9% of other projects, literally have zero real world application. The only people who are going to read it is my tutor and my auditor. Otherwise it's going to the theses pile in the library never to see the fucking light of day again. I just hope that I manage to get into an interview and actually show them how much I care for the work and how hard I'll work for it. That's what matters. Your education and degrees opens the door to the office, but that's it. It's not a fucking keycard to employment, it's a facilitator.
.....I think you're reading into his post a little much, m'dude.

What part of it says he's procrastinating? He could be doing the very thing you described, and be unhappy that it's necessary.

It looks to me like you've wanted to spew this rant for a long time and dumped it at the first event to which it was remotely applicable.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #268380

Nah I know what he's saying because I too was like that in my early years. I mean this is a problem endemic in a shit ton of places in the UK. The town I used to live in was basically the capital of that shit. It had a very large senior population and very little jobs other than the usual low skill coffee shops, supermarkets or pubs etc. I lived and worked around people like that, and as I've stated, I was one of them. I mean the rant may have been a long time coming but that's just the nature of the beast, especially since I'm speaking from the agency of an immigrant. I've basically had people tell me to my face that they can't afford to move to a different town and they have no money because there's no "good jobs". They say this and afterwards they go back to their house that they don't have to pay a single cent on rent and then waste money on stupid shit and rinse and repeat.

My old town's motto may as well have been:

"Why should I work in these shitty menial jobs when later in life I'm going to go work in a much better place?"

I grew out of it because there was a very, very surreal and quick wake up call that if I don't find a job, literally any job, I would actually not be able to afford food or even a house. Like I'm talking at one point I was eating purely peanut butter sandwiches because overall for around £2 it had like 4000 calories which lasted me a couple of days.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268445

carry a jar of peanut butter in your bag, it's an entire day or mores worth of calories for the adult diet and can be easily transported in case of major quake/tsunami or general loss of societal control.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268446

plus you can always make peanut butter sammies when bread is found
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #268541

Yeah I still eat the shit out of peanut butter sandwiches. Shit is calorie packed, couple that with wholewheat bread and its like 600 calories every sandwich.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #268552

>I eat the shit
>Shit is calorie packed

t. ColonicAcid, the 16th of March, 2017
you are mom is gay
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #269381

Slowly losing my god damned mind. Tired and worn out emotionally. I just need a long weekend. With a shift bid coming up i can't afford to call in sick either if i want to get a good shift
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #269564

The rumours I heard about game dev were enough to make me keep it as a hobby only
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #270171

yeah but that's a hobby so at least I can leave at any time r-r-right?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #271349

Had my first day working at Subway. Didn't even expect to be working today either. Filled out the background check stuff yesterday then got a call from the manager around 11:30 saying everything came back clean and asked if I'd be able to come in at 1 PM. Gonna take advantage of the fact that I don't have to pay rent or buy food and save up my first couple of paychecks for a laptop so I can 2D spessmen again.