Deedubya peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Deedubya peanut

Post by oranges » #585648

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28213
Hmm I wonder why he's back in town

Oh wait, looks like he got lonely over the xmas period
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: Deedubya peanut

Post by Misdoubtful » #585886

cacogen wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Screemonster wrote:Why do people argue their fuckin constitutional rights about being UNFAIRLY BANNED from a social gathering

he's got the same energy as some dipshit that calls the cops over being ejected from a wendy's
Because freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence.
Are you joking or mind-bogglingly retarded?
I don't think it's possible to know what interpretation of the motivation behind each other's posts each of them is responding to. Rohen seems to resent the idea when presented by Misdoubtful, an admin that the right to free speech doesn't protect him from all possible consequences of the speech it protects. Misdoubtful seems to want to see saying n      made illegal and cops brought in to arrest people for saying racist things in public.
True honestly. Assumptions and miscommunication are the devil. I'm guilty of it too.
Last edited by Misdoubtful on Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #585888

Misdoubtful wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Screemonster wrote:Why do people argue their fuckin constitutional rights about being UNFAIRLY BANNED from a social gathering

he's got the same energy as some dipshit that calls the cops over being ejected from a wendy's
Because freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence.
Are you joking or mind-bogglingly retarded?
I'll let you think about that one when you get arrested for screaming obscenities in public.
Ok so the second one.
I don't scream obscenities in public, I just consider the UDHR a better source of human rights definitions than Twitter/digg.
Absolutely, I understand 100%. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to make it true. Nation-wide agreements don't nullify national laws.
Good thing I don't live in whereever the fuck freedom of speech is defined as the state being unable to use censorship but being able to retaliate against people who express dissenting oppinions in any way state officials see fit. Which I guess is North Korea and Syberia because asynchornous communication and therefore also censorship is impossible in those places.
You should really take the time to look at the different bits of unprotected speech and public morality clauses all the around the world then. Italy, the US, Denmark, Sweden. Consequence isn't the same as censorship by the way. Unless you think hate speech laws themselves are censorship, but then you'd be telling on yourself. So lets avoid that, please.
Yes, consequence isn't the same as censorship.
No, freedom of speech isn't equal to freedom from censorship.
Freedom of speech includes freedom from censorship.

Again, my definition of the right to freedom of speech pretty much alligns with the UDHR.
Also, my local laws allow me to express all oppinions I unironically hold without any state retaliation at all.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #585889

Rohen_Tahir wrote:e
Fantastic, all I was really getting at is how different these national laws are. Now I'll be moving on to point at France enforcing laws where men have to wear speedos at the beach.
Hugs
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #585890

Misdoubtful wrote:
Fantastic, all I was really getting at is how different these national laws are. Now I'll be moving on to point at France enforcing laws where men have to wear speedos at the beach.
Oi mate you are handling salmon in suspicious circumstances.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #585893

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Better not drive a dirty car in Russia you'll get a fine.
Hugs
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #585895

Misdoubtful wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Am I being mistaken for a deedub supporter
Big chungus?
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #585910

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Big chungus?
die
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #585917

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Big chungus?
I didn't even see the off color text until it got quoted ouch.
Hugs
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #585920

what the fuck even happened to this thread

free speech doesn't entitle you access to other people's property if they want you to fuck off then off you fuck

weh weh weh but muh free speech but muh censorship muh right to stand in your dining room and scream obscenities into a bullhorn
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #585921

Screemonster wrote:what the fuck even happened to this thread

free speech doesn't entitle you access to other people's property if they want you to fuck off then off you fuck

weh weh weh but muh free speech but muh censorship muh right to stand in your dining room and scream obscenities into a bullhorn
Did you know that its not against the law to escape prison in Denmark?
Hugs
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #585922

Misdoubtful wrote:

I did not know that but I guess it's already technically covered by other crimes like contempt of court
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #585940

Misdoubtful wrote:

so if you escape and they grab you they just put you back in and you sit off the rest of your time or what?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #585943

If memory serves its because they believe "of course prisoners will want to escape prison sucks" and they don't punish people for doing the 'obvious'
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #585947

yeah danish are cringe, what a surprise?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #585963

Screemonster wrote:free speech doesn't entitle you access to other people's property if they want you to fuck off then off you fuck
I agree. Partially because this allows me to protect my house from meta-ethical relativists.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #585982

Freedom of speech is directly related to freedom from consequences. Freedom of speech outlines what can be expressed and what can and cannot be consequences regarding that speech.

Some people think that freedom of speech should/do apply to all forms of speech, they don't, in any country.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #585991

Lacran wrote:Freedom of speech is directly related to freedom from consequences. Freedom of speech outlines what can be expressed and what can and cannot be consequences regarding that speech.

Some people think that freedom of speech should/do apply to all forms of speech, they don't, in any country.
regardless of consequences, the freedom to say what you want doesn't grant you any additional privilege to say it wherever you want
the right to read out every racial slur in existence doesn't usurp the right for people to choose who they allow to access their property, you don't get to trespass because you're doing it in order to speak
nobody is taking away deedubya's right to play SS13 as is evident by the existence of boomerstation, he can play SS13 as much as he wants, he's just mad he can't force other people to play with him when they don't want to
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #586027

I was the one to confine him to FNR
And I did it with le funny infinity wars quote
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #586029

Deedub
Attachments
Delusion.jpg