!!MSO ran out of weed!! (The cooler August 2021 Drama Megathread)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

!!MSO ran out of weed!! (The cooler August 2021 Drama Megathread)

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #609736

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://discord.com/channels/326822144233439242/808425762217656330/873235156029300836 wrote:It is time for head coders accept a new paradigm where they sit under the host, as head admins do.

Things can not continue as things once have. I will continue to get frustrated at feeling powerless in matters involving coderbus until that frustration leads me to abandon all protocol, as it did today.

The solution is obvious.
?
Last edited by Rohen_Tahir on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: !!MSO ran out of weed!! (The cooler August 2021 Drama Megathread)

Post by Armhulen » #610252

Flatulent wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Flatulent wrote:Fix grab and combat mode is golden

otherwise its complete and fucking aids and anyone who tried cqc with it will probably share my opinion
What's your idea?
make the grab hotkey changeable or bring back intents as legacy mode
as sinful said, having intents as a legacy mode is an incredibly difficult thing to set up and then maintain for the future, from a key binding but also functionality writing perspective. I'd rather have combat mode be better than intents in every way anyways, letting people disable a possible system they don't like is a bandaid for fixing a bad system. And i'm not saying combat mode is bad, but I do think grabbing on ctrl click... could certainly be better!
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #610253

My biggest problem with combat mode is that I can't prevent people from pushing me around while simultaneously having clicks that don't punch others or myself. Disarm intent was perfect for this because I could leave it on to stop getting displaced constantly and I wouldn't have to worry about smashing a drinking glass over my own head for the 8th time.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #610254

Crazy suggestion: Put intents back, make them a toggleable feature.

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Kyrah Abattoir
Byond Username: KyrahAbattoir

Post by Kyrah Abattoir » #610255

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
Kyrah Abattoir wrote: gugu ga ga
make your own thread for offtopic shit that has nothing with the bee emoji pr riot of 2021
Ok
Last edited by Kyrah Abattoir on Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610256

Kyrah Abattoir wrote: gugu ga ga
make your own thread for offtopic shit that has nothing with the bee emoji pr riot of 2021
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #610257

BONERMASTER wrote:Crazy suggestion: Put intents back, make them a toggleable feature.

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
So you're just full on not reading my posts now huh
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #610258

Armhulen wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Crazy suggestion: Put intents back, make them a toggleable feature.

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
I read your post and it made sense to me
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #610259

I read armhulen posts in a caveman voice
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #610265

Switch grab to right click, move shove to ctrl+right click. Solved.

You're supposed to spam shove so it won't hurt to keep your pinky on the ctrl.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: !!MSO ran out of weed!!

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #610268

Malkraz wrote:Why is ur name not purple anymore
i quit
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #610269

お目出度うご座います!!
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #610272

chocolate_bickie wrote:
Yenwodyah wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Control-click to grab is objectively easier than "3-click," and "4-harm" is still "4-harm."
Do you have three arms? That's the only way I could imagine holding down a button for the entire time you're trying to grab something being easier than just pressing a button to turn on grab mode. Or have you never tried to grab a cuffed prisoner away from a tider dragging them away from you down the hall?
Jesus christ this.

Grabbing people who are moving is so fucking hard. Especially since holding down ctrl often stops all movement for some God forsaken reason.
ctrl and alt are hotkeys that by default set you to walk and stop your movement completely, they should probably be remapped to a place that you dont use for combat/mech strafing but you can do this in your hotkey preferences
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610273

Fikou wrote:
chocolate_bickie wrote:
Yenwodyah wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Control-click to grab is objectively easier than "3-click," and "4-harm" is still "4-harm."
Do you have three arms? That's the only way I could imagine holding down a button for the entire time you're trying to grab something being easier than just pressing a button to turn on grab mode. Or have you never tried to grab a cuffed prisoner away from a tider dragging them away from you down the hall?
Jesus christ this.

Grabbing people who are moving is so fucking hard. Especially since holding down ctrl often stops all movement for some God forsaken reason.
ctrl and alt are hotkeys that by default set you to walk and stop your movement completely, they should probably be remapped to a place that you dont use for combat/mech strafing but you can do this in your hotkey preferences
grab with key num 3...............
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #610274

Yenwodyah wrote: Wrong. 4 buttons are now 4 button-combos: lclick, rclick, combat-lclick, combat-rclick. It's exactly as complex, but without the natural hints of named intents.
Let's say I want to whack a dude with my stunbaton and deal damage to him. On intents it's easy - harm harms, help just stuns. And you can't accidentally beat someone if you attack on help intent with no charge.
With combat mode, do I right-click or left-click? Well, most weapons attack on left-click. Left-click is usually used for standard interactions while right-click is usually for specialized functions. Think main fire vs. alt-fire in an FPS - left-click shoots, right-click does each gun's specialized function. So to smash a tider's skull, something that any item with force can do, you'd think left-click would be more appropriate, right? Wrong, fucko, it's right-click! Unless your baton is off and you're in combat mode, then it's both! There are plenty of other examples of stuff like this, e.g. hitting a machine with a tool vs. interacting with it.
You see what I mean? With combat mode the only natural indication of which of your four actions you want to take is "Is this a combat action, or a non-combat action?" There's no indication of what left-click and right-click do. With intents, sure, disarm and grab saw some questionable use-cases, but in general you knew that help would be the least-violent action, harm would be the most-violent action, and the other two would be some specialized use.
Oh, of course, It's good because people are used to it. Why didn't I think of that?
Intelligence issue
► Show Spoiler
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #610275

cSeal wrote:
Yenwodyah wrote: Wrong. 4 buttons are now 4 button-combos: lclick, rclick, combat-lclick, combat-rclick. It's exactly as complex, but without the natural hints of named intents.
Let's say I want to whack a dude with my stunbaton and deal damage to him. On intents it's easy - harm harms, help just stuns. And you can't accidentally beat someone if you attack on help intent with no charge.
With combat mode, do I right-click or left-click? Well, most weapons attack on left-click. Left-click is usually used for standard interactions while right-click is usually for specialized functions. Think main fire vs. alt-fire in an FPS - left-click shoots, right-click does each gun's specialized function. So to smash a tider's skull, something that any item with force can do, you'd think left-click would be more appropriate, right? Wrong, fucko, it's right-click! Unless your baton is off and you're in combat mode, then it's both! There are plenty of other examples of stuff like this, e.g. hitting a machine with a tool vs. interacting with it.
You see what I mean? With combat mode the only natural indication of which of your four actions you want to take is "Is this a combat action, or a non-combat action?" There's no indication of what left-click and right-click do. With intents, sure, disarm and grab saw some questionable use-cases, but in general you knew that help would be the least-violent action, harm would be the most-violent action, and the other two would be some specialized use.
Oh, of course, It's good because people are used to it. Why didn't I think of that?
Intelligence issue
The Real Final cope issue
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #610279

remember when we had to shower
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610280

Yenwodyah wrote: Wrong. 4 buttons are now 4 button-combos: lclick, rclick, combat-lclick, combat-rclick. It's exactly as complex,
and which botton is grab? none
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #610294

Kendrickorium wrote:remember when we had to shower
i remember the chesse pr where you had to drink water and if you drank too much you'd piss yourself and everyone around you would laugh
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #610297

When did this thread become "Let's talk about hilarious features lol". Wasn't this about MSO getting sick of not having administrative oversight on people he hosts for and them being up their own asses?
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #610300

TheMythicGhost wrote:When did this thread become "Let's talk about hilarious features lol". Wasn't this about MSO getting sick of not having administrative oversight on people he hosts for and them being up their own asses?
Because it's already over lol
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #610301

Armhulen wrote:

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
Dear Armhulen,

I only read that it was hard. Not impossible.
Further, upon reflecting on that idea. I have come up with an even more insane idea, bordering on delirium.
It goes like this: Add a grab mode that you can toggle with a keybind.

With wackadoo regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #610305

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
No

Kind wishes,
Lemon
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #610307

because people started saying funnier stuff
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #610308

BONERMASTER wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
Dear Armhulen,

Further, upon reflecting on that idea. I have come up with an even more insane idea, bordering on delirium.

With wackadoo regards
-BONERMASTER
That's on me. Maintainability wise it is impossible
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #610310

Nerds
Kendrickorium wrote:remember when we had to shower
You better shower or I'm telling your mom
Hugs
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #610314

Armhulen wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

With deranged regards
-BONERMASTER
Dear Armhulen,

With wackadoo regards
-BONERMASTER
That's on me. Maintainability wise it is impossible
Dear Armhulen,

start your impossible. Toyota.

With speedy regards
-BONERMASTER

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #610315

bonermaster can you give me a boner
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #610335

How does all this affect the working man's ability to robust?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #610336

[youtube]hnxthIijnQ4[/youtube]
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #610376

TheMythicGhost wrote:When did this thread become "Let's talk about hilarious features lol". Wasn't this about MSO getting sick of not having administrative oversight on people he hosts for and them being up their own asses?
GM respii! I see you have not changed since your vacation :)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #610447

Jaredfogle wrote:Like that one comic I can never find of a husband screaming at his wife, the wife then screaming at her kid, and the kid screaming at their pet. Oh, I'm also a tad annoyed that I can't run playtests as easily anymore or update the servers.
Here: https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... HD360P.mp4
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #610469

Wow, that's actually it

nulladept
Byond Username: Gachiadept

Post by nulladept » #610473

tg drama is so fun to read through
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #610622

sinfulbliss wrote:
Rohesie wrote:So nowadays I'm aware that no matter what change you do to the game, some people will hate you for it and won't be shy about it. It comes with developing.
If there's a hundred players there will be a hundred and one opinions on how the game should be, it is how it is. If you want to do what you consider be improving the game, be ready to face the reaction.
Very helpful post understanding the history. It's worth adding here though that there is a difference between the usual pissing and moaning greeted to any large-scale change (i.e., combat mode, hardstun removal, etc.), and a change being universally hated by pretty much everyone. The former might be a great change (I think combat mode was an amazing change despite the hate it got when it was merged) while the latter could be a change almost everyone dislikes except several members of coderbus who okayed it.
See how much controversy combat mode still brings?
The problem is that the separation between those two ideas, the ones everyone supposedly hates and are bad and the ones that are unpopular but good, well, is not really that well defined.
Because at the end of the day there's no objective right or wrong here, just different possible games.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #610646

When do we get combat mode and non combat mode intents, amounting to a total of 8 intents?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #610649

add left and right click for an even 16

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610651

pressing and holding any key on the keyboard now brings up a radial menu centered on your character with 8 different intents possible associated with that key - thus bringing the intent count up to 808.
to make this a nicer number, space bar has 10 intents instead of 8.

However, due to concern for the loud powergamer subpopulation, pressing alt and then entering in a three-digit code off your number pad can instantly swap you to any of the 810 intents, provided you have the numerical ID memorized.
Sec officers memorize about 100, competent MDs are expected to know a little over 130, atmos engineers know three (smartpipe, dumbpipe, and wielded-action-targeting-head), and AIs are expected to know all 810 despite the fact that silicons STILL only have two intents (help and harm) as otherwise they're griefing and clearly should not be playing the role.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #610672

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:pressing and holding any key on the keyboard now brings up a radial menu centered on your character with 8 different intents possible associated with that key - thus bringing the intent count up to 808.
to make this a nicer number, space bar has 10 intents instead of 8.

However, due to concern for the loud powergamer subpopulation, pressing alt and then entering in a three-digit code off your number pad can instantly swap you to any of the 810 intents, provided you have the numerical ID memorized.
Sec officers memorize about 100, competent MDs are expected to know a little over 130, atmos engineers know three (smartpipe, dumbpipe, and wielded-action-targeting-head), and AIs are expected to know all 810 despite the fact that silicons STILL only have two intents (help and harm) as otherwise they're griefing and clearly should not be playing the role.
cargo techs still know 4
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #610693

I'm on grief intent ?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #610763

Armhulen wrote:cargo techs still know 4
Eat hot chip, twerk, charge they phone and be bisexual
I remade the beach away mission
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622893

EuSouAFazenda wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:55 am
Armhulen wrote:cargo techs still know 4
Eat hot chip, twerk, charge they phone and be bisexual
cargo tech kinda twerkin dough???
Living God

Extraordinary Person

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #622906

No necro