ERT Nut. ee arr teanut. ERPeanut?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

ERT Nut. ee arr teanut. ERPeanut?

Post by Pandarsenic » #624610

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30703
Timonk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 am BYOND account: timonk
Character name: some random emergency squad name
Ban type: Deathsquad, Sentience Potion Spawn
Ban length: 20160 minutes (2 weeks)
Ban reason: Spawned in as an ERT and decided to immediately just start shoving and tabling the commander. Was gibbed. Rather not waste time or the spawn on someone who wont take it seriously.
Time ban was placed: 2022-01-12 23:41:52
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: ERT Nut. ee arr teanut. ERPeanut?

Post by Timonk » #624713

SuperNovaa41 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:53 pm mfw you act like a shitter in an admin spawned ghost role and get punished for it
Why are you even appealing this bro what is your issue
my issue is that i caught a ban for an incredibly minor action, it literally has almost no effect on anyone, does not linger in the round as hes just going to despawn himself after talking to us

also i never said i dont want to play
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624714

Sylphet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:43 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:27 pm
Sylphet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:09 pm Timonk played a stupid game and won a stupid prize by getting gibbed. The only difference here is that if someone fucked up my event, I know that I'd be annoyed. And I'd feel obligated as a jannie to have someone else deal with it because of that. I know that I couldn't be impartial, but that wasn't done here. It's the fact that the long term consequences are coming from the same person managing the event, who has some emotional involvement in it that bothers me about this.
When you dress it up with the extra details of "Admin spawned event -> player takes role and immediately uses it to just be a shitter and not actually play to the event -> Player gets slapped" it's more or less okay, but if you strip those extra details away, it's still "Something is done to admin -> admin punishes" which is a weird precedent, is what I think you're trying to say if I understand correctly?

It's definitely a strange situation. I can totally get the reasoning behind the ban, as it's pretty minor and at least means if there's a repeat situation any time soon they can at least know there'll be one less potential shitter ruining it. But the fact that it leaves a lingering note which paints a picture of the player makes the fact that it's being left by the admin who was griefed an uncomfy precedent.
Pretty much this. I hate the idea of do something to admin personally -> admin handles punishment as a precedent a lot more than I have a problem with the ban. It's not a weird precedent, it's an actively bad one. Between the hostile tone of the jannie in handling the appeal and the number of admins trying to justify it because they don't like what the player did, I think it's important to argue it. Allowing stuff like this damages trust in the admin team and people's faith that they'll be handled fairly, which is much, much more important than one guy doing a bad thing getting punished.
its an admins rebellion against the players and it started with me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #624715

Hello lawyers!

Lets remember the absolute bottom line here. Was a shitter during an admin event. Got a punishment that has almost zero consequences, doesn't stop them playing, it's basically a slap on the wrist. Meaningless.

As someone else said, I have no idea why this is even being appealed. The idea that this deserves the time of multiple admins to judge such a meaningless punishment is a huge waste of time. As is the appeal IMO. Though I do appreciate that its now public, has some visibility to other players, and I can talk openly about the whole thing.

It really is nothing, there's no rage "server ban" here, I don't think any different about it the next day, like I say in the appeal, it's probably even less significant than getting a note over it due to expiry times. What a terrifying abuse of my adminship?
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #624717

Timonk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 pm its an admins rebellion against the players and it started with me
the retirement home pink cat sjw-mins (singular) stand with the shitters in the rebellion, slip them all

vive la révolution
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624720

pretty sure the admin commander that got tabled would have just been laughed at on goon and everyone would have moved on with their lives

"admin event"
admin was obv salty he got tabled during the whole 30 seconds an admin takes to spawn in and tell the ert what to do

here is a crazy idea, lighten the fuck up

everyone could have just had a giggle and then gotten back to business

but nah since the admin was a salty turd decided to gib and ban him

i'd love to know if at any point the commander said "stop"
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624724

Was a shitter during an admin event. Got a punishment that has almost zero consequences, doesn't stop them playing, it's basically a slap on the wrist. Meaningless.

so you were just mad?
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #624725

"Meaningless punishment". You have a strange idea of what "mad" looks like given the buttons I have available. Deliberately chose something fairly meaningless. Frankly given the initial "not done with you" and leaving them to stew and not disconnect while I cat-herd the ERT into the shuttle the actual punishment I elected on oughta be anti-climatic, in my opinion. "Mad" is a whole other game.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624727

if the punishment is meaningless then its just being petty
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #624729

oh nooooo so horrible the admin was SHOVED that bastard probably wasted like 10 seconds of the admin's time in the time it took to gib them, but worse, the admin had to waste MORE time banning this man because of those several shoves!

Maybe timonk just thought everyone would laugh.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #624732

Timonk
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #624734

This is a good peanut thread, it's been a while...
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624743

playing on manuel
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624744

confused rock wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:18 pm oh nooooo so horrible the admin was SHOVED that bastard probably wasted like 10 seconds of the admin's time in the time it took to gib them, but worse, the admin had to waste MORE time banning this man because of those several shoves!

Maybe timonk just thought everyone would laugh.
yea i didnt think i would catch a ban for such a miniscule action
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624749

was he shoved onto the table or aggressively grabbed and then tabled? just once? several times?

was the word "stop" used at any point?

these questions and more just lead up to a classic "you aren't playing the way I want you to play and now I'm going to push buttons and make boink noises"

the bottom line is the admin and everyone involved could have just had a giggle over everything but, nah?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #624750

STANGE
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #624782

You have absolutely no right to an ERT role (or any ghost role) and an admin can revoke your ability to play it at any time without any recourse
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624785

it being a privilege and not a right doesnt mean have a hissy fit after you get shoved onto a table simply because youre in a position of Lord Master over the Lesser Plebeians

someone that can't laugh at a table shove shouldnt be playing this game in the first place
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #624788

What if you just said "my bad, I thought it would be funny and didn't consider how it would be annoying to the admin setting things up and the rest of the ERT" instead of insisting you did nothing wrong
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #624790

1984 and such

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #624801

this is just some lame admin vs player mentality. nothing malicious was done here. just fucking tell him not to table the centcomm commanders and be on with it. absolutely pointless to get all pissy in ahelps. top 10 stupidest escalations of all time.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #624802

None of this was any reason to get big mad over.
► Show Spoiler
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #624804

certified timonk moment
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624812

GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:11 am certified timonk moment
I will gut you
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624813

I think it's fine to ban people from ert I'd never want to show up in my ert events
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624814

that means you timonk
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624817

lol oof
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624818

I think a good takeaway here would be to remember that some of the best and funniest moments in this game happen when things dont go according to plan
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624820

Armhulen wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:33 am that means you timonk
Friendship ended with armhulen
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #624987

Imagine posting in the peanut thread about your own ban appeal.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #625044

Banning this T.I. monk character for shoving him onto a table and then repeatedly tabling him was baby-tier. I understand gibbing him, but let it end there. Also, I deeply understand the impulse to attack one's betters.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #625068

Sylphet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:12 pm
Timonk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 pm its an admins rebellion against the players and it started with me
the retirement home pink cat sjw-mins (singular) stand with the shitters in the rebellion, slip them all

vive la révolution
This did not age well
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625080

cacogen wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:41 pm Banning this T.I. monk character for shoving him onto a table and then repeatedly tabling him was baby-tier. I understand gibbing him, but let it end there. Also, I deeply understand the impulse to attack one's betters.
I tabled him once
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #625086

Timonk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 amafter which i got gibbed and bwoinked with "im not done with you either".
just how torqued do your testicles even have to be just to do something like that
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #625097

Timonk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 am
cacogen wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:41 pm Banning this T.I. monk character for shoving him onto a table and then repeatedly tabling him was baby-tier. I understand gibbing him, but let it end there. Also, I deeply understand the impulse to attack one's betters.
I tabled him once
did he once say "stop"
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #625111

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:17 am
Timonk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 am
I tabled him once
did he once say "stop"
I mean, from a purely RP perspective, would he? You're a high-end, Loyal Team by NT, supposed to be pretty fancy. Not quite Death Squad tier, but you're still the one called in to salvage their assets and the like.

And you immediately turn around and table your commander. In a normal military, there'd be no "Stop". You would be out of there on the spot. NT has even less of a reason to give a shit because they don't have to care about morals or doing the right thing. Why waste the time with that kind of thing when you can just Deal With Them.

From a Mechanical standpoint, again why? He doesn't have to. Fuck around and find out.

The ban makes sense too, if you can't behave, you get punished. If you can't use an admin spawn role responsibly, then you shouldn't be able to receive them for a little while. My only complaint is that having the admin it was done to make the ban is an uncomfy precedent.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #625114

its

a

game

dude
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #625171

We have a button to ghost people and a button to offer bodies to ghosts. The role could have been easily offered up to someone who would take it seriously without the gibbing and oh no now they don't have a medic and it's all your fault like honestly the more time passes the more this looks cringe and excessive to me. There were so many better ways to handle it that don't waste the time of literally everyone involved with this.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625186

Sylphet wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:43 am We have a button to ghost people and a button to offer bodies to ghosts. The role could have been easily offered up to someone who would take it seriously without the gibbing and oh no now they don't have a medic and it's all your fault like honestly the more time passes the more this looks cringe and excessive to me. There were so many better ways to handle it that don't waste the time of literally everyone involved with this.
Summed up perfectly
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #625205

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 am its

a

game

dude
It sure is! Which means that a 2 week inability to play something they clearly show they won't use properly anyway and would probably only result in ONE missed opportunity at the most isn't really a big deal to their life, huh?

If you join a game with RP...you're expected to RP...Shocking, I know.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625207

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:29 pm

a

game

dude
It sure is! Which means that a 2 week inability to play something they clearly show they won't use properly anyway and would probably only result in ONE missed opportunity at the most isn't really a big deal to their life, huh?

bootlicking RP isnt big on terry...
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #625211

My god the thread that never stops giving haha.

Everything here, from "it's fine", "it seems a long ban" to "omg admin abuse" and hypothetical constructions about future possible problems.

And now Mr. Singular Perspective would like us to consider there are only two options in life - bootlicking or being a shitter.

I guess peanut threads deserve their rep, no-one learns anything, it's just an outpouring of opinions that have managed to get more and more extreme and ridiculous over time.

Not that anything will be learned from this, of course, but there are a million shades of grey between just being a shitter and bootlicking. No-one else in the ERT was a shitter, no-one bootlicked either, they were a pretty standard ERT that required herding into the shuttle.

They just ... played like a normal human being in that position (shocking!). No shittery, no bootlicking, no gibbing for anyone else. Your eyes are truly opened to new possibilities for your future behaviour! Glad to have enlightened you! If something was learned this whole thing wasn't a complete waste of time!

Role play wasn't even necessary, you could have said nothing and just boarded the shuttle and I wouldn't have cared or noticed.

The bar is literally "dont be a turd". Imagine expecting people to just not be turds. Imagine going to appeals and headmins because you have a right to be a turd.

Imagine if we ever had a peanut thread over anything actually controversial. Eesh.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #625215

Timonk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:44 pm

a

game

dude

bootlicking RP isnt big on terry...
It's not bootlicking to not assault your commanding officer.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #625217

Timonk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:27 pm *cringe*
iprice wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:33 pm *cringe*
Posting in a peanut thread you're the subject of is mega cringe stop doing it
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #625220

Thunder11 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm
Real and true
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #625255

a

game

dude

let me guess, you admin on manuel?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #625256

i have no idea how to delete a post
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #625257

iprice wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:33 pm My god the thread that never stops giving haha.

Everything here, from "it's fine", "it seems a long ban" to "omg admin abuse" and hypothetical constructions about future possible problems.

And now Mr. Singular Perspective would like us to consider there are only two options in life - bootlicking or being a shitter.

I guess peanut threads deserve their rep, no-one learns anything, it's just an outpouring of opinions that have managed to get more and more extreme and ridiculous over time.

Not that anything will be learned from this, of course, but there are a million shades of grey between just being a shitter and bootlicking. No-one else in the ERT was a shitter, no-one bootlicked either, they were a pretty standard ERT that required herding into the shuttle.

They just ... played like a normal human being in that position (shocking!). No shittery, no bootlicking, no gibbing for anyone else. Your eyes are truly opened to new possibilities for your future behaviour! Glad to have enlightened you! If something was learned this whole thing wasn't a complete waste of time!

Role play wasn't even necessary, you could have said nothing and just boarded the shuttle and I wouldn't have cared or noticed.

The bar is literally "dont be a turd". Imagine expecting people to just not be turds. Imagine going to appeals and headmins because you have a right to be a turd.

Imagine if we ever had a peanut thread over anything actually controversial. Eesh.
all i'm seeing is a whole lot of words indicating your butthurt over not everyone agreeing with your decision
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625265

Thunder11 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm
You can't stop me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625266

iprice wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:33 pm My god the thread that never stops giving haha.

You literally gibbed me AND gave me a ban because I shoved you onto a table

If that isn't "i have the moral high ground because I can push buttons you don't have access to" then idk what is
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #625268

Idk I kinda feel like peanuts are for the community to discuss ongoings not for the involved parties to hash out arguments that can be had in ban appeals
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625271

Cope
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: