Streamers are(n't) destroying /tg/station

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Streamers are(n't) destroying /tg/station

Post by RaveRadbury » #624738

Welcome to the place to post about the streaming trials without having to actually participate or observe the trials at all

Here are some links for VODs that have been made here, take a look

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1258674738
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1257564472 (like halfway through)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1257561474 (like halfway through)

These links will probably expire soon, like we all will one day. :)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Streamers are(n't) destroying /tg/station

Post by Bawhoppennn » #624767

I'm keeping an open mind to the streamers idea personally. I'm not sure how it'll go long-term, but I think we should be ready to evaluate it wholly after some time, then be open to all possibilities of action on it. As in we should keep all options on the table, whether it be embracing it, totally cancelling it, or something in between.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #624835

The last streamer experience I remember was an admin (Wubli?) asking the streamer nicely to add a delay if she wanted to stream on TG only to have her sperg out, flaunt her NoPixel cred, then shit talk the admin to her hundreds of viewers while bragging about her extensive roleplay experience and why the rules are stupid. What a cunt.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624844

HommandoSA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:25 am The last streamer experience I remember was an admin (Wubli?) asking the streamer nicely to add a delay if she wanted to stream on TG only to have her sperg out, flaunt her NoPixel cred, then shit talk the admin to her hundreds of viewers while bragging about her extensive roleplay experience and why the rules are stupid. What a cunt.
Holy shit it's rusty

Also that's just the average Manuel player
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624872

tex doesnt stream tg anymore :(
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #624894

HommandoSA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:25 am The last streamer experience I remember was an admin (Wubli?) asking the streamer nicely to add a delay if she wanted to stream on TG only to have her sperg out, flaunt her NoPixel cred, then shit talk the admin to her hundreds of viewers while bragging about her extensive roleplay experience and why the rules are stupid. What a cunt.
i don't think we've ever allowed streaming before so i have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about LOL are you sure this was on tg?
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624903

wubli wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 am
i don't think we've ever allowed streaming before so i have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about LOL are you sure this was on tg?
It was the parallel universe wubli
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #624936

wubli wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 am
This was close to 2 years ago and I'm positive it was on tg.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #624944

you could be right! i genuinely have no memory of this ahhaha
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #624961

wubli wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:58 am you could be right! i genuinely have no memory of this ahhaha
It might not have been you who handled it, I don't remember who it was.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #626236

I've watched a few streams briefly and a lot of the stream rus did, definitely avoiding playing while streamers are active, awful.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #626269

I have come to the conclusion that disallowing streaming is for the better
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #626290

cybersaber101 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:21 am I've watched a few streams briefly and a lot of the stream rus did, definitely avoiding playing while streamers are active, awful.
gonna elaborate or just piss your pants?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #626294

they should have to ask to feature my Original Character in their vid and i'm hitting every stream with a takedown notice because it's copyright me
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #626305

oranges wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:25 am
cybersaber101 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:21 am I've watched a few streams briefly and a lot of the stream rus did, definitely avoiding playing while streamers are active, awful.
gonna elaborate or just piss your pants?
In the proper thread, not the players club mr angy
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Ook
Byond Username: Taocat

Post by Ook » #626395

Hello everyone. I am the Duke of Ook, one of the streamers who has been participating in these trials. I have been playing ss13 for around 3-4 years regularly now. On and off for longer. I mostly played goon with some vg on the side when I started off but I bounced around to a bunch of code bases random naming until I mostly stuck with goon. I am in no way a big streamer, I am lucky to break 45 people a night. If I stream anything other than ss13 I get around 20 ish viewers. I have been streaming for a year and a half, so the whole streamer culture and streamer game are very new to me. Here are some interesting facts from my analytics that I have noticed about me streaming on tg.

I have had roughly 5-7 average viewer uptick when streaming on Manuel
My viewers seem to enjoy your community quite a bit. More so than other communities that I have participated in while streaming (CM, Goon, Bee code offshoots)
Most of my players are incapable of playing the game, but they think the game play of tg is the most interesting.
Manuel seems to have been hitting popcap regularly, This is not because of me, I dont have a tide to bring.
I haven't had any issues with meta involvement the times i rolled antag.

So far while I have played tg, I have only noticed 2-3 people with names I recognize from other servers. Most of my viewers are goon nerds who seem to be wanting to branch out but are afraid to leave the kiddy pool that is goon or just want to see what tg is like. Most of them are surprised it isnt gamer word central.
For me, however, playing and streaming on tg these last few weeks has been enjoyable. Making friends, doing crime, selling cigs, its been fairly enjoyable. People in general are nice and agreeable and are willing to work on gimmicks quite a bit. It has been so refreshing from goons 50+ staff assistant rounds, mechanics have depth to them, departments matter to each other, game play is fun, etc etc. The list goes on.

Regardless of all of that, thank you for having me. I have been having a wonderful time and enjoy playing with you nerds. Shout out to Joe Colada for having a name thats easy to make fun of. I am sure he will never live it down.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #626399

I don't think we have to worry too much about streamers causing a huge influx. The thing with Sseth is because he has like a million fucking subscribers. Some guys with 100 average viewers shouldn't cause us too many issues.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Post by Aeri » #626496

I want to see something absurd happening like Jerma streaming Manuel just to observe the hellfire explosion that would ensue.

To be honest I haven't noticed anyone streaming so as of yet I don't care.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!