Romerol final objective removal codenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Romerol final objective removal codenut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #627519

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/64464
"I do not like romerol and I do not like zombies"
dr-manhattan-3.jpg
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Re: Romerol final objective removal codenut

Post by massa » #628758

iprice wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:33 pm Romerol's a fun race against time, especially around medical. The devaluation of TCs makes rarifying things complicated though (similarly with TC trades)

No way of ending the round? Isn't that most things? Spiders, xenos, any powerful antag in a late revs round can just take over the station and if the shuttle isn't coming then it stagnates, same as zombies. Most things don't have a "defined ending", they either get killed, or they force a shuttle call and kill anyone they can. We have admins and vote restart to deal with the few things that fall through the cracks.

Nuke when 90% of souled non SSD mobs on station Z's are zombies.
It will be rarer and more impressive if locked behind 1300+ rep and a lot of TC than it was before when it was a 25 TC trade? 40 could be a reasonably tall order for that rep.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #628762

oranges wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:08 pm
nianjiilical wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:35 pm its okay for things to be a little bad sometimes if they're rare, unique, interesting, and result in small flashes of exciting gameplay
yeah so when will zombies be any of those things ever.
HOLY SHIT.

PLAY

THE FUCKING

GAME
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628766

massa wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:11 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:02 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:38 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:06 am I will stand up for the mouse and say that this is actually true. That's why they need to be rare, and we should simply just remove the progtraitor round end ones only.
What ways remain, then?
Since it's not removed from the game, we'll still see it on occasion from admins, which is what I'm happy about
It is functionally removed from the game and is irrelevant unless it remains a final objective or item for purchase, and that's what we want to stop.

Getting to these objectives is very difficult for all but the most robust, and even they won't make it a crazy amount of time. Romerol or star fury are equal in fun potential. They are both good, and the objective is a good one, even if it's extremely rare and can only be gotten from that objective. Just make it like a reasonable percentage to roll for rarity.
It's too common if it can be routinely achieved through an endgame objective. Also sounds like Mothblocks said there was already a way for it to happen without admins, so I think we can all be satisfied.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #628769

Annihilite111 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:28 amMate stop saying what i needed a whole paragraph for in two sentences. It makes me look bad :(
What can I say, it's a gift :shades:
► Show Spoiler
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #628777

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:29 pm
massa wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:11 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:02 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:06 am I will stand up for the mouse and say that this is actually true. That's why they need to be rare, and we should simply just remove the progtraitor round end ones only.
What ways remain, then?
Since it's not removed from the game, we'll still see it on occasion from admins, which is what I'm happy about
It is functionally removed from the game and is irrelevant unless it remains a final objective or item for purchase, and that's what we want to stop.

Getting to these objectives is very difficult for all but the most robust, and even they won't make it a crazy amount of time. Romerol or star fury are equal in fun potential. They are both good, and the objective is a good one, even if it's extremely rare and can only be gotten from that objective. Just make it like a reasonable percentage to roll for rarity.
It's too common if it can be routinely achieved through an endgame objective. Also sounds like Mothblocks said there was already a way for it to happen without admins, so I think we can all be satisfied.
I don't think so at all, it's still effective removal. A lot of things are potentially doable that just don't happen.

The coders can tweak the rarity. Make it 20% chance to spawn a romerol objective instead of another one once you hit sicko mode (or however it actually works, that was just the cheapest example). If people can routinely and consistently hit the insanely high numbers, which is an almost impossible order for most station's crews, I think it would be fine as a rarer roll that could be very expensive at the cost of the traitor. If it can ONLY spawn on a max level tot after 60+ minutes and is very rare to spawn as an objective, how could that ever be a problem?

And why is zombies somehow worse for the crew than... 15 nukies? Neither are bad. Both seemingly clearly lend to big fun in my opinion.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #628791

Mothblocks wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:24 pm
What ways remain, then?
Necrotic revival
Huh, yeah I suppose that'd work, actually. I don't think I've ever seen someone do that.