Name Rating Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Name Rating Thread

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627713

Post here for username rating!

I will rate them, others please feel free to do so as well!

I promise I will be honest about however your username makes me feel, whether good or bad. I am gonna try and make sure it's just about your username the best I can, and not a judgment of you as a person, so hopefully you don't need to worry.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Re: Name Rating Thread

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #627714

chili dogs
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #627720

Rate it
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #627721

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #627722

My current Ckey is "Rectification"
The Ckey of my old, dead account was "Mulligan2"
Neither of these compare to "Itseasytosee"
Last edited by Itseasytosee2me on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #627728

i thought it was a pretty cool superpower when I was young
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #627747

hi
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #627754

do it coward
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #627759

So many requests so few ratings. BRUH chop chop.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627760

InfiniteGalaxies wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:49 pm chili dogs
InfiniteGalaxies. Well galaxies are pretty neat but the username 'InfiniteGalaxies' feels like a generic type of forum username you'd see anywhere on the internet. Like could you not imagine seeing 'InfiniteGalaxies' alongside other staple usernames such as 'MrGamer2', 'Qxzd9991' and 'HereToFightAndRun on somewhere like r/AskReddit'? Though on the other hand, that genericness kinda makes it sorta universal in a way... also that pun was not intended

Rating: 3 Stars
WineAllWine wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:17 pmRate it
WineAllWine, immediate impression is not about wine, but rather about the rhythm of how it's said. Also I hear 'Whine' when I read it aloud, rather than its alcoholic homophone, though I don't get a reaction that the owner of the username is interested in either of them. Something about the name also feels like it fades into the background... whether that's good or bad I don't know

Rating: 4/10
bobbahbrown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:24 pm best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown
I'm gonna go with 'Bobbah Bee Brown' instead of BobbahBrown. The name gives me an image of some county supervisor or board member in some state like Tennessee. I imagine this Bobbah B. Brown having being a caucasian male, approx mid 40s, slightly overweight, with a white shirt tucked into his pants, and balding. No necktie. I can imagine seeing him at a schoolboard meeting or a barbeque.
Unclear why this is the image I associate with Bobbah B. Brown, but I must speak the truth

Rating: C-
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:48 pm My current Ckey is "Rectification"
The Ckey of my old, dead account was "Mulligan2"
Neither of these compare to "Itseasytosee"
Rectification: has a good feel to it, even if a bit... uhh, "flagrant"... something about it being a mechanism of action has a weird appeal to an otherwise gross concept ... (NOT IN THAT WAY)
Mulligan2: that's a classic SS13 ckey if I've ever seen one. I could imagine logging into any current server and seeing them on the adminwho. Goon, tg, vg, Para, Bay. Big points for this one
ItsEasyToSee2Me: this name is especially fitting for the tg forums, and has a FINE ring to it. I think nothing else need be said

Rating: Platinum
Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:38 pm i thought it was a pretty cool superpower when I was young
Shadowflame909. Has that classic inverse concept to it we've seen in many other usernames over the years. It gets a bit stale over time, but still has some flavor to it I think. Reminds me a lot of one of our old game masters, Shadowlight321...
The '909' part though does add some flair. Something about the feel of a darkened flame mixed with sharp yet soft numbers balances it out fairly well

Rating: :)
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 amhi
Super Aggro Crag. Unclear what a crag is off the bat. Some video game enemy comes to my mind... I think an actual crag is a type of rock formation? This would make sense with the adjectives of 'Super Aggro', implying a fierce enemy. So the concept is good, however the tonguefeel is a bit off. Try saying it outload... twists your tongue a bit. This is one of the usernames that works best when shortened to a nickname like 'Crag'

Rating: 1200 ELO

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627762

Capsandi wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:53 amdo it coward
Capsandi. Major Caprisun vibes right off the bat. I'm imagining a middle-class beach outing at a freshwater lake somewhere in the Midwest. There's grilling of grocery store hotdogs & burgers, as well as Caprisun, Sunny D, and other juices in the Coleman cooler filled with Ice. The kids are swimming, there's not too many mosquitoes on a sunny day like today, and it's a great American time. However there's a slight hint of something unknown in the name as well that contrasts with the pleasant imagery, which'll have take the rating down a small mark.

Rating: 85% of your Daily Nutritional Intake
Nabski wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:43 am So many requests so few ratings. BRUH chop chop.
Nabski. I'd say it generally has a pleasing rhythm to it. Saying it outloud is pleasant, however for only 2 syllabelles, it takes way longer to say than feels natural. Kinda in that regard clunky. However despite this, I appreciate the 'A' and 'I' combo for the two syllables. That has a pretty healthy vowel balance, giving it a nice feel behind it. Yet again though, the whole 'nab' feels a slight bit antagonistic... unclear if its referring to the user themselves or someone else. The dual nature of this username is however definitely appreciated, so I'm bumping it up by several grades.

Rating: Significantly Above Average

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627764

Oooh, this looks fun! Discord tag is The Wrench.
And my Ckey is Adam Klein
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627768

Adam Klein wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:02 am Oooh, this looks fun! Discord tag is The Wrench.
And my Ckey is Adam Klein
The Wrench: THE WRENCH. Does feel like a byond ckey for an ss13 player. One that may not be around forever, but is very active for the time they are. Spaces in a username are a bold move and either pay off big or fail. I'm not feeling a big win in this case sadly, so that's some negative on your total rating. Using a common object, especially one very relevant to ss13 is a real mixed bag for me. On one hand, lots of usernames do this, but it just can feel a bit forced at times. Unsure at the end of the day.

Adam Klein: Sounds like the name of a STEMlord who spends their time on r/ProgrammingHumor and r/StackOverflowTips... however, while they do spend some time there and are really into tech and computer science, they also aren't like a total loser or no-lifer or anything. Just a bit reclused but can function normally in life. Also we're seeing another bold play with a space again. The commitment is appreciated, so that'll reflect well on your rating.

Rating: 67,340 Score

InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #627775

i am moderately bad
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627777

InfiniteGalaxies wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:25 am i am moderately bad
3 Stars, out of 5

also it's only your name

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #627778

Your profile picture is top tier so that at the very least balances it out.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #627784

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:42 am
Your profile picture is top tier so that at the very least balances it out.
thanks
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #627786

I found mine in a list of obscure words. I wanted something unique without numbers. People always say it reminds them of carcinogen.

At some point I realised oranges has the best username. One word, no numbers, can't Google it, unique enough nobody had it.
Last edited by cacogen on Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627788

cacogen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:55 am I found mine in a list of obscure words. I wanted something unique without numbers. People always say it reminds them of carcinogen. At some point I realised oranges has the best username. One word, no numbers, can't Google it, unique enough nobody had it.
Okay I won't lie, your username was maybe one of the main reasons I made this thread. I was hoping you'd post so I could say it sounded like carcinogen. Although tobacco is gross, if we follow the same philosophy for how carcinogen as a word was developed, and we add in 'caco' (like cacophony, though it literally means "bad") and 'gen' (producing of) together, we get your username... Produces bad.... Though after I read your post again you said it was an actual word so that makes sense. Anyways I like how clever it is and also distinct.

Rating: 300 pts

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #627789

Express my value as a percentage, if you please
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #627790

I think I use a space in byond rather than an underscore.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #627798

wahoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #627806

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:19 amAlthough tobacco is gross, if we follow the same philosophy for how carcinogen as a word was developed, and we add in 'caco' (like cacophony, though it literally means "bad") and 'gen' (producing of) together, we get your username... Produces bad.... Though after I read your post again you said it was an actual word so that makes sense. Anyways I like how clever it is and also distinct.

Damn, you unlocked a method to a cool unique username with this post. You take a prefix and a suffix you like and end up with something that looks good that nobody else has.

I'm also interpreting those points as house points from Harry Potter where 300 is a lot.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #627829

hi
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #627834

God, this is an old username that I've mostly moved on from, but sure. Hit me!
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #627848

my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627849

Farquaar wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:37 am Express my value as a percentage, if you please
Farquaar. Hearing your name, naturally my inclination is to think of Lord Farquaad from Shrek. Not sure if this is intended, however I think we can all appreciate a bit of Shrek nowadays. Even so though, the reference doesn't leave that strong of a mark on your name. By that I mean, when you hear from some people, you can't help but think of their name in relation to whatever they're saying, but Farquaar doesn't seem to do so. In spite of this, it's very distinct and recognizable.

Rating: 74.32%
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:42 am I think I use a space in byond rather than an underscore.
CMDR Gungnir. Might be weird but the whole 'CMDR' bit throws me off a little... Having usernames that start with Sgt., Lt., Pvt., are all classic for certain game forums, but the all-caps 'CMDR' for Commander feels very very strange to me. I can't quite nail it down. In addition, the Gungnir is a weird element as well. That's some mythology thing right? But not real life mythology, like mythology in some fictional work... (Lord of the Rings?). Anyways gotta admit, your username unnerves me somewhat because of those two things.

Rating: E-4
Fikou wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:18 amwahoo
Fikou. Has a balance between almost sounding almost cute but also burly at the same time. Somehow it feels like both at the same time, and few other usernames give me an impression like this. I can best only liken this to an animal like a deer or caribou or something. It has beautiful fur, a majestic figure, but is also tough and vigorous. This special kinda form is pretty neat In regards to the style behind it, the -ou ending is something I'm a big fan of and would like to see more of.

Rating: Certified Fresh
wubli wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:56 pmhi
Wubli. One of the usernames I was hoping to see here. Love your username, has a great rhythm behind it. Say it outloud, 'Wubli'. Very smooth to say. Reminds me very lightly of 'wub wub wub' music, but only lightly. The combination of letters used is also very very good I think. The 'u' and 'i' for its only vowels is a good combo and slightly uncommon, but meshes greatly with the 'b'. 'W' tops its off well, and the 'l' fits in too. Gorgeous name, and it also has a very lovable feel to it.

Rating: S++
Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:14 pm God, this is an old username that I've mostly moved on from, but sure. Hit me!
Pandarsenic. Although your username has "arsenic" in it, I never think about that right away. Instead I see it as a combination of "Pandar" and "senic," which paints it in a much nicer feel than a toxic chemical. The Pandar half feels light and pleasant because of its double-'A' combination, while also being also having a good feel to it (though not the best to say outloud). Even though it's really close to the word panda, the 'R' makes it distinct enough where I never think of that aspect. The 'senic' have doesn't feel bad either and gives me a watery vibe, maybe cause of the 'i'. Something Greek about it almost, but not like too overpowering, very subtle. Them combined together works well, and creates a nice healthy unique username. Though just like no username is, it's not perfect, as it doesn't shorten that well (eg Bawhoppen shortens well to "Baw"). "Pandar" on its own is slightly unwieldy.

Rating: 9 Diamond Stars

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627850

Qbmax32 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:54 am.
Qbmax32. Fits sort of into the category of disjointed usernames, with a bit of a genericness as a result. Ie, as compared to unique usernames (usually no numbers and something that sounds like a complete name/word but isn't one), yours is a combination of many letters and a couple numbers. The the capitalized 'Q' helps it out a lot, and the whole 'max' part of it being a word does lend a bit of an aura of mystery behind it. What does the 'Q' and 'b' stand for in relation to the 'max'? And is 32 a year? A ranking? Has a bit of enough enigma behind it to bump it up significantly despite its otherwise seemingly generic motif.

Rating: 55th Percentile

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #627852

Sweet I got a B
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #627857

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:09 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:42 am I think I use a space in byond rather than an underscore.
CMDR Gungnir. Might be weird but the whole 'CMDR' bit throws me off a little... Having usernames that start with Sgt., Lt., Pvt., are all classic for certain game forums, but the all-caps 'CMDR' for Commander feels very very strange to me. I can't quite nail it down. In addition, the Gungnir is a weird element as well. That's some mythology thing right? But not real life mythology, like mythology in some fictional work... (Lord of the Rings?). Anyways gotta admit, your username unnerves me somewhat because of those two things.

Rating: E-4
I grabbed the CMDR from Elite Dangerous, because every name starts with it there. I'd been doing a bit of rebranding on myself name-wise at the time of starting SS13 though, and was trying to move away from Soal (my handle on ED was CMDR Soal), and was trying to think of something cool to replace it with, and went with Gungnir. While the specific reasoning of choosing Gungnir may tie to a fictional work (It's the artifact used for the Symphogear of my favourite character from the anime of the same name), the Gungnir itself DOES actually tie in to real-world mythology. It's, specifically, the name of Odin's spear in Norse mythology.

Completely reasonable rating though. :thumbsup:

Edit: (wow i really use 'and' a lot huh. also, it's only *somewhat* the reasoning for choosing Gungnir. It also just sounds very cool to say, at least imo)
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #628027

yo hello can i get my name rated PLEASE & THANK YOU
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628109

BlevRuz wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:24 pm yo hello can i get my name rated PLEASE & THANK YOU
BlevRuz. I cannot avoid thinking Russian when I see the 'Ruz' in your name. The 'Blev' compliments that as well, since it feels like something to come from an Eastern European language. Blev Ruz comradeski... In a way this gives me the impression of a vigorous, hardy user (because I guess that's what I associate Russians with for some reason?), and that reflects the vibe I get from your name. Also the pronunciation I assume for it also doesn't sound super soft or gentle or anything, which maybe reinforces that perception of mine. So, anyways, good healthy robust above middle-of-the-road username.

Rating: Black Diamond

Looking forward still for more people to have their name rated! Please come and post if you are interested!

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #628111

why do you have my vegemite arc in your signature
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #628113

wait it's still my forum pic
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628145

oranges wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:50 pm why do you have my vegemite arc in your signature
oranges wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:57 pm wait it's still my forum pic
Yes I was going to ask you to change it for the pic but I didn't want to bother you

Also your rating: oranges is quite a good name for anonymity, which I know was the goal behind it. It also it pleasant and recognizable. I always imagine a sweet citrus smell whenever I read it... good vibe there, a bit healthy. Additionally, as you have made clear, 'oranges' can only be spelt with a lowercase 'o'. This unique requirement is distinct and is kinda cool, since some people don't realize it's a thing. Fun name all-in-all.
Bonus: optimumtact is an absolutely fantastic username. Optimum is a cool word, and then the 'tact' element of it really gives a great feel. You have maximal tact when speaking, but in the wisest yet most subverting of convention way... it's good. Robust and healthy. Great great username.

Rating: 0 digg Upvotes, 300 digg Downvotes

CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #628146

✋✋ooh rate me rate me
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628148

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:55 pm ✋✋ooh rate me rate me
CoffeeDragon16. Has a bit of genericness similar to how I rated InfiniteGalaxies. HOWEVER, gives me a vibe of an old friend I've known for years, and always come back to talk to, even if it's only once-in-awhile now. For the stylo-vibonics of your name, I'd have to say that it has a good feel as well. The specific choice of the number of 16 compliments the coffee I think. Naturally the coffee needs something to attach to as well, though dragon is maybe not the best choice. However, that being said, as I think about it, I can't imagine what a better choice would've been... Maybe something sharp? Or with some 'i's and 'u's in it? Ehh, even then... I can't come up with really a better choice (my best word to compliment it is 'Bamboo', though that has many other flaws). So, that being said, Dragon is a fine choice for the 2nd word in it.

Rating: 2 Thumbs-ups

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #628150

rate my username + enjoy this song while rating my username https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1NDg8aHZc
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628235

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:17 am rate my username + enjoy this song while rating my username https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1NDg8aHZc
Iwishforducks. I too wish for ducks. Thinking about it, ducks are pretty neat, though I'm not sure what context we want ducks. For pets or for prey? Well, I get the impression of that Duck Hunt dog when I read your username, and everyone loves that game. Though the username's phonotactics feel strange to me. I-wish-for-ducks... It's slightly janky but also pretty smooth for being 4 words with all different vowel sounds. That balance is nice. Anyways it's pretty good I think.

Rating: Straight Flush

bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #628240

Hi hi

Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #628250

This thread was higher value than I thought.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628367

ardentarclight wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:22 pmHi hi
Ardentarclight. A very bright and shining username. Arc light on its own is definitely very recognizable, however the 'ardent' part of it is where it really shines (no pun intended). Ardent obviously comes from Latin for shining, fiery, brilliant, and burning. While looking this up I noticed that there is a poetic alternative for the normal word of ardent in English as well, with the same meaning as the Latin. Also, as for its normal use, the fervor from the word ardent also fits very very well with the image of a glowing, shining signal, feel-wise. The combination of 'a's and couple of 'r's has a great texture to it as well that I don't wanna miss. It's also very appreciated that only the first letter is capitalized. A username that is both brilliant figuratively, and (non)literally.
Also, I promise that my glowing review is not from bias. (this pun was not intended either)

Rating: 5000K Lumens
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:41 am, edited 11 times in total.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628368

Nabski wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:06 pm This thread was higher value than I thought.
Thanks, it's appreciated

Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #628642

cacogen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:29 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:19 amAlthough tobacco is gross, if we follow the same philosophy for how carcinogen as a word was developed, and we add in 'caco' (like cacophony, though it literally means "bad") and 'gen' (producing of) together, we get your username... Produces bad.... Though after I read your post again you said it was an actual word so that makes sense. Anyways I like how clever it is and also distinct.

Damn, you unlocked a method to a cool unique username with this post. You take a prefix and a suffix you like and end up with something that looks good that nobody else has.

I'm also interpreting those points as house points from Harry Potter where 300 is a lot.
I literally did this for my username. Annihilite is the combination of annihilate and lobotomite kek.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628696

Annihilite111 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:22 pm I literally did this for my username. Annihilite is the combination of annihilate and lobotomite kek.
Okay I will rate your name, Annihilite111. Since you gave some prior info I'll use it in my judgement. Well, I'm not a fan of the violent nature of it. Well, to clarify, the specific words that go into it seem a bit excessive. Annihilate on its own would've been more palatable. The 'nihil' inside of it also really adds another layer of the darkness to it. This is unfortunate, since the stylistics of the name had some good qualities. Repetition in the 'i's + the l + the 1s, all is very very nice. The double nn compliments it too, and the other letters are healthy filler. Anyways though, overall I'm not personally too fond of the username.

Rating: NC-17

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #628699

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #628700

Yeah I like ratings.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #628708

I can't believe i've been roasted by bawhoppen
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #628782

rate
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628810

Armhulen wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:13 am.
Armhullen. It has a lot of the letters for an anagram of "Graham" (I think graham cracker, not the name), plus some extra letters. The hullen feels like a nautical thing, of course cause of "hull" but also I feel has a smokiness in its flavor. I don't know how to pin that down... The feeling of your name based on the vowels is truly neutral. Definitely though we can recognize it as being fairly distinct of a name, though it just doesn't have a ton of pop to it, y'know? However, if we look at your ckey, Armhullenn, it is beyond appreciated the double 'n' at the end. I think I know where you got your inspiration from.

Rating: +1,819 Lines Changed
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:22 am Yeah I like ratings.
Jonathan Gupta. Usernames that follow a real name format are always interesting specimens. Does it work in this case? I think so. Mixing a Western + Indian name, kinda good and a bit more creative then just being another Jonathan Smith. Gupta in particular is a good choice. Has a beautiful flavor to it. Very savory. Jonathan is pretty neutral, but I tend to err on the side of thinking neutral is healthy filler to compliment the rest of the name. The space is also a strong move here, but it works with this particular set of names. Jonathan_Gupta wouldn't have been as good I think, whereas in a situation like Zoey_Smith it would've been more suitable. I think it's cause of the length of Jonathan that makes the space work. Healthy good username.

Rating: RESPECTABLE
GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:41 am rate
GamerAndYeahMick. Your name is a rollercoaster in many ways with all that capital-case lettering. As a string of seemingly mysterious words, it doesn't come up with too much of a cohesive theme, which sorta hurts its recognizability.
Based on the name alone, I get a Burger King-themed Mickey Mouse image in my head from your name. Of course the Mick plays into that, but I'm not sure where the Burger King comes from. I guess gamer. Gamers like the King right? Whoppers and all that. Anyways when trying to source out a vibe of your name, that's all that can come to my mind. BK, Gamer Mouse. I tried to go down the path of interpreting in another way (I even tried to define the 'Yeah' as an old-timey yea, ala "yea or nay," but no luck). Anyways umm... I think this is a positive review of it? Or maybe it's negative. I'm not sure.

Rating: Awaiting Certification

Annihilite111 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:00 am I can't believe i've been roasted by bawhoppen
NONO, I promise it's just your name
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.