Icepacks is dead

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Icepacks is dead

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #633339

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Icepacks is dead

Post by cacogen » #633350

The end of an era. Nothing is sacred in the eyes of zoomers.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #633356

I'll miss him. He was fun to play with.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #633360

Very sad indeed, will be missed.
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #633459

I made myself into a certified player again just so I could post.

f
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #633465

You guys always pick some fucking name that I have NEVER heard of anywhere, and go on saying like how this guy was a legend, what a loss it is for the server, end of an era, blablabla, and after that, nobody ever loses a single word about them again.
TROLLING me with this shit. If I ever kick the bucket, I also want to be called a legend for no god damn reason.

With legendary regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #633469

Bonermaster, it's understandable that you are a little baby with tiny baby legs and tiny baby hands. For your historical reading pleasure I am linking some things related to them from the admin complaint forums.

As an admin, successful complaints
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11841
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12761

As a player
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=29275
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=27839

Also as an admin but go together
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13013
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12885
Still slightly on theme
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12991

They also grew up geographically close to me, and I respect that. They went from player, to admin, to player, to break, to nonhuman player. Their avatar well represented who they are.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #633471

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:54 pm You guys always pick some fucking name that I have NEVER heard of anywhere, and go on saying like how this guy was a legend, what a loss it is for the server, end of an era, blablabla, and after that, nobody ever loses a single word about them again.
TROLLING me with this shit. If I ever kick the bucket, I also want to be called a legend for no god damn reason.

With legendary regards
-BONERMASTER
You've never met Bryce Pax? The only good static character on this god-forsaken server? (with the possible exception of Reed Glover)

Edit: Man barely ever plays on Sybil. That explains it.
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #633473

(you can use CentCom for a permanent link to the ban since /tg/ makes all of our permanent bans public and it scrapes it from there)

https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/icepacks
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #633487

Pax is the human embodiment of the canonical /tg/ player
I miss him
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #633506

He will be back.

A team of highly trained assistants is traveling tactically through maint to free Pax from gbj.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #633518

Why are people saying that tg is dead for banning icepacks.

banning icepacks IS tg culture
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #633526

Bryce Pax moment
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #633552

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 pm Why are people saying that tg is dead for banning icepacks.

God knows it's happened enough times, yeah.

I never would have imagined a world with IcePacks or ForcefulCJS becoming /tg/ admins but

Well

yeah
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #634006

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 am
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 pm Why are people saying that tg is dead for banning icepacks.

God knows it's happened enough times, yeah.

I never would have imagined a world with IcePacks or ForcefulCJS becoming /tg/ admins but

Well

yeah
The fact that people actually trusted someone who was a complete and utter greytider with admintools says a lot.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #634021

Now that Icepacks is gone we should have more pleasant and non toxic players re-welcomed into the community like Oldman Robustin

This is a threat
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #634022

It's finally over. We had a good run everybody. Time to go home and have tea with Kor, Ausops & Deuryn. Wish you all the best.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #634034

Can somebody who actually knows what they’re talking about get in here and defend Ice Packs from being wrongly characterised as toxic or as a simple greytider?

It’s a sign of how bad things have gotten that he’s been playing since 2006 or something and only recently has his playstyle been deemed a problem.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634038

cacogen wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:14 am Can somebody who actually knows what they’re talking about get in here and defend Ice Packs from being wrongly characterised as toxic or as a simple greytider?

It’s a sign of how bad things have gotten that he’s been playing since 2006 or something and only recently has his playstyle been deemed a problem.
"only recently"

???????????
Chimpston
Byond Username: Chimpston

Post by Chimpston » #634040

free my man pax smiley face
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #634044

cacogen wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:14 am Can somebody who actually knows what they’re talking about get in here and defend Ice Packs from being wrongly characterised as toxic or as a simple greytider?

Ah yes sir asking to be converted to cult is clearly peak TG culture and not breaking the rules

Honestly my feelings are pretty mixed, he was at least funny, but really, you do what pax did for so long and eventually even the Buddha toolboxes you to death.

GLORF.
massa

Post by massa » #634052

mashallah brother he will walk free soon trust the plan
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #634076

cacogen wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:14 am ...and only recently has his playstyle been deemed a problem.
I distinctly remember him trapping a newbie just in the arrivals hallway with vending machines and then hitting one until it fell over on both of them while I was still actively adminning.
Pax is known for his shittery for a reason, and honestly, it really IS a surprise that he's lasted this long. It's not a RECENT thing, it's a recurring occasional thing
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #634100

cacogen wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:14 am wrongly characterised as toxic or as a simple greytider?
The only time I have ever had a positive experience with Pax was taking off his suit and watching him burn.

One down, five to go.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #634103

Archie700 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:31 am Ah yes sir asking to be converted to cult is clearly peak TG culture and not breaking the rules
who cares
ArcaneDefence wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:57 pm I distinctly remember him trapping a newbie just in the arrivals hallway with vending machines and then hitting one until it fell over on both of them while I was still actively adminning.
That’s funny and an IC issue
Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:54 am

"only recently"

???????????
He was only recently permabanned for it. It’s an indication that admins have recently become more strict in a way that invalidates the playstyle of somebody who’s been playing on the server longer than anybody, which indicates that it’s excessive. It shows no sense of humour or appreciation for somebody else’s harmless fun
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #634104

Yeah sure.

I've played with Pax for like... Pretty much as long as I've been playing. Had tons of interactions with him. Almost always they were funny. He did stuff that you would probably consider "greytiding" but it wasn't for his own benefit usually, since he almost always just got lynched for it, he did it for the comedy of it. That's why he got away with a lot of things, 'cause most people found them funny. "Toxic" is definitely the wrong word for Pax.

Towards the end of his play he got pretty into gunpowder and explosives, I reckon he probably blew up a few people that shouldn't have gotten blown up, and combined with the cult conversion I imagine that's what led to him being perma'd. It's anyone's guess though - clearly the cult conversion wasn't enough by itself because someone was just recently given a 1-mo antag ban for the exact same thing.
Spoiler:
massa

Post by massa » #634132

pax is actually a force for good who maybe needed to simmer down just a bit

i hope to see him come back immediately with full admin rights
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #634152

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:54 am

"only recently"

???????????
had to laugh at this
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #634172

He was only recently permabanned for it. It’s an indication that admins have recently become more strict in a way that invalidates the playstyle of somebody who’s been playing on the server longer than anybody, which indicates that it’s excessive. It shows no sense of humour or appreciation for somebody else’s harmless fun
"harmless"

His antics may have been funny, but they certainly weren't harmless. Sinfulbliss has the right of it, his antics weren't malicious and he lets himself be killed for them, but I bet it wasn't really that funny to the people who got killed as collateral damage or had their rounds shat on as a result.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #634182

Archie700 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:11 am
"harmless"

His antics may have been funny, but they certainly weren't harmless. Sinfulbliss has the right of it, his antics weren't malicious and he lets himself be killed for them, but I bet it wasn't really that funny to the people who got killed as collateral damage or had their rounds shat on as a result.
It's something I'm noticing a lot on here, is the amount of people who go "BUT MUH HARMLESS FUN" when someone's griefing, as though the victim of the griefer who just wanted to do their own thing didn't get their round ruined.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #634190

yeah but i like him so unban he
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634200

cacogen wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:15 pm He was only recently permabanned for it. It’s an indication that admins have recently become more strict in a way that invalidates the playstyle of somebody who’s been playing on the server longer than anybody, which indicates that it’s excessive. It shows no sense of humour or appreciation for somebody else’s harmless fun
He's one of the most frequently permabanned players in /tg/ history, what are you talking about

Like he's straight-up one of those players where when he appeals the perma, admins go "But you're just going to get permabanned again" and then he inevitably does