THE MANUEL SHUTDOWN AFTERMATH

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

THE MANUEL SHUTDOWN AFTERMATH

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #637155

damn mso maybe instead of seeding servers you should stick to cultivating hemp
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: THE MANUEL SHUTDOWN AFTERMATH

Post by Mothblocks » #637156

couldn't you at least wait until terry wasn't literally 1 pop before taking a screenshot
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #637159

Mothblocks wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:00 am couldn't you at least wait until terry wasn't literally 1 pop before taking a screenshot
"nuhhh muh timezones"

you guys are europeans you don't work for a living the nanny state pays for everything using money siphoned from your defense budgets because you expect america to bail you out when Vladolf Putler comes knocking post the fuck up and get on ss13 or prove yourself unworthy
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #637160

I love Crag.
ED:
How can one man say something so offensive, yet so ridiculously based at the same time?
Last edited by datorangebottle on Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #637161

i am?
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #637162

USA NUMERO UNO 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #637164

do not research how many north american admins we have
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.

Post by upp » #637165

Super Aggro Crag wrote: you guys are europeans you don't work for a living the nanny state pays for everything using money siphoned from your defense budgets because you expect america to bail you out when Vladolf Putler comes knocking post the fuck up and get on ss13 or prove yourself unworthy
:oops:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #637166

did you seriously make a second account to blush react to that post mothblocks? jesus christ
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #637168

This is really fucked upp
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #637169

upp wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:09 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: you guys are europeans you don't work for a living the nanny state pays for everything using money siphoned from your defense budgets because you expect america to bail you out when Vladolf Putler comes knocking post the fuck up and get on ss13 or prove yourself unworthy
:oops:
guy named unworthy
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #637170

Anybody who expected different was a fool
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #637172

its the guy named up

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #637199

It's almost like EU players will go "yeah but my friends are on Manuel" and continue to play Manuel...
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #637216

There are a finite number of players, most of which are regulars that have made friends on their respective servers and probably aren't gonna hop on Campbell for any length of time by themselves with lowpop. Coldstart problem. There are three possible solution scenarios, one of which is outside TG's control:

1) Enable ERP on Campbell. Pros: Instant 90-pop, record-breaking numbers and influx of new players. Cons: ERP and overflow into other non-ERP servers.
2) Put Campbell on the Byond HUB. Pros: More new players. Cons: It might already be on the Hub I'm not sure.
3) Have a massive Youtuber release an SS13 video and put all the servers on panic bunker except for Campbell.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #637217

We should just try enforcing random names on Manuel for a month.
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637221

Hey everybody my name is markiplier and today I'm playing ss13 on tg station.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #637229

If Campbell was less laggy for eu users I might consider playing there over Manuel.

But then again, maybe not. MRP is at it's best on High op
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #637235

Farquaar wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 am We should just try enforcing random names on Manuel for a month.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637237

YBS wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:38 pm
Farquaar wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 am We should just try enforcing random names on Manuel for a month.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #637239

Damn
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #637241

Implement microphone usage somehow on Campbell to promote speaking and therefore roleplay
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #637282

On the one hand, I'd lose my static that nobody even recognizes.
On the other had, the catgirl metagangs would be fucking obliterated.
This is a tough choice.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #637293

Server shutdowns will continue until pop improves
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #637294

Server shutdowns will continue until pop improves
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637295

Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:51 pm Server shutdowns will continue until pop improves
Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:51 pm Server shutdowns will continue until pop improves
double post, triple kill.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #637296

I wouldn't mind Sybil going down for a couple of weeks to raise Basil's pop.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #637297

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:56 pm
Oops

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #637306

Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:56 pm
Oops
Damn right that's an oops, you fucked up, you're being taken to the edge ya fucking globehead.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #637308

Campbell having 7 pop when Terry has 20 honestly isn't terrible, tbh, I wonder how that'll change over the next week or two.

Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #637343

Just a personal opinion, but I think the reason Campbell suffers is because of the culture that Terry has. Sybil and, to a lesser extent, Bagil had a good number of players who became Manuelites because it was more in-line with how they wanted to play the game. Terry is more robust and more serious about the game aspect of SS13 compared to Sybil or even Bagil in its prime, so I think there was less of a demand for something like a EU version of Manuel because there's little to no EU players who want to play the game that way. The only people on during Manuel's shut-down were the Manuel players who wanted to do their normal thing and the people who wanted to try out Secborgs with a captive audience.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637352

I finally was able to connect to Manuel after being unable to all day and the lag is unbearable. I've only been able to play on Campbell today and absolutely nothing was happening on that server for two hours and it was so fucking annoying. We had like 20 people and absolutely nothing of interest was happening. Not even wormholes or a bluespace translocation. Why even have a fucking game at that point? Just go on Discord and wank each other off there. Not that it's the players' fault.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637366

Honestly Campbell was pretty rad and I would stay there if I didn't have massively better ping on Manuel.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #637399

Same as it ever was
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #637403

cacogen wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:55 am I finally was able to connect to Manuel after being unable to all day and the lag is unbearable. I've only been able to play on Campbell today and absolutely nothing was happening on that server for two hours and it was so fucking annoying. We had like 20 people and absolutely nothing of interest was happening. Not even wormholes or a bluespace translocation. Why even have a fucking game at that point? Just go on Discord and wank each other off there. Not that it's the players' fault.
And Campbell claims yet another soul!
*Laughs in one week shift*

With enduring regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637422

► Show Spoiler
So I connected to Campbell just then because Manuel is down and it has all the pop and I'm greeted with this fucking thing:
► Show Spoiler
I have played so many rounds on MRP:
► Show Spoiler
Why do I have to fill this out?

Oh, and I ended up with over 20 hours some days because the game doesn't kick people AFK in the lobby. And given the limited amount of slots on Manuel, it probably should.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #637427

My immediate guess is because of the DDoS it wasn't able to access the database, and defaulted your hours to 0, thinking you were new?

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637428

Tbh I'm actually digging Campbell's atmosphere. I didn't even try to log in on Manuel or Sybil this morning. Just joined straight into a 9-hour round and promptly nearly killed myself trying to make hyper-noblium
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637773

Update: I haven't really tried to play into non-Campbell servers since the shutdown, and it's not even DDOS-related. Campbell is just Nice. The only problem is I can't seem to be roundstart cyborg 🤔