ATTENTION CREW: GREY MAN HAS BROKEN INTO TELEPORTER

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

ATTENTION CREW: GREY MAN HAS BROKEN INTO TELEPORTER

Post by blackdav123 » #637779

I REPEAT: GREY MAN HAS BROKEN INTO TELEPORTER. PLEASE DIRECT ALL ATTENTION TO THE MAN WHO HAS HACKED HIS WAY INTO THE TELEPORTER ROOM. SECURITY, HEADS, AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN NONLETHALLY DETAIN THIS MAN PLEASE HURRY. HE HAS TAKEN THE HAND TELEPORTER! SECURITY PLEASE COME AND NONLETHALLY KILL THIS MAN AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE! THERE IS A MAN IN TELEPORTER BREAKING THE LAW.

why do ais feel the need to do this every time
Weston Echard on Sybil
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: ATTENTION CREW: GREY MAN HAS BROKEN INTO TELEPORTER

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #637780

WE NEED TO PROTECT THE BRIEFCASE
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637782

Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637784

I love it when Asimov AIs tell on me for grabbing the hand teleporter that is somehow still there like half an hour in so clearly nobody actually wants it
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #637786

one of the many reasons why silicons need to be whitelisted
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #637822

Snitch AIs should be banned.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #637830

PDA Message to AI: LAW 2 no snitching
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #637835

Imagine not securing the hand tele as command.

Laugh track.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637848

Snitch AIs need to get their asses kicked and they're violating the silicon policy doc

Also, hand teleporters should get back a chance to turn you into a fly every time you take their portals so people are more hesitant to use spam them during fights
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #637853

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:48 pm Snitch AIs need to get their asses kicked and they're violating the silicon policy doc

Also, hand teleporters should get back a chance to turn you into a fly every time you take their portals so people are more hesitant to use spam them during fights
i feel like the people who are knowledgeable enough to spam them during fights are the types to not care if they get turned into flypeople
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #637855

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:48 pm Snitch AIs need to get their asses kicked and they're violating the silicon policy doc

I had a funny idea for an antag that fills a similar purpose: The Bluespace Entity.
In the unknowable depths of bluespace, where shape and direction extends in ways inconceivable to mortal minds, dwell strange forms of life alien to our sensibilities. They have always been, for time and chronology ceases to matter within that swirling vortex behind the portal. Now, however, as Man takes his first clumsy steps into worlds without, some have begun to take notice...

Whenever a portal or hand portal is used by a player controlled mob, there is a very small chance for a (threatless) midround event to trigger. A ghost is polled for the chance to take control of a Bluespace Entity, a pseudo-intangible being whose nature makes it very hard to hurt.

The Entity is about as fast as a standard spessmen, but has very little HP. It is not supposed to be here, and so cannot heal by any means (except maybe legion cores idk). Its main way to survive is by using its natural connection with the bluespace, which manifests in game as an instant version of Bluespace Prophecy and the Blink spell on a longer cooldown. Depending on how frustrating random teleports would be it could also have some kind of phasing ability.
It is also immune to brute damage. Bring lasers.

The Entity has a single objective: kill the player who caused it to be summoned. Fluffwise, the target has become a bluespace beacon of sorts for creatures native to that realm, and the Entity struggles to perceive anyone else. Once it has killed its target it could become "stable" in our reality and get a power boost and/or healing method, as well as getting an objective that threatens the entire station.

Or just have it return to bluespace idk. I just want 40k daemons in my ss13 game
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #637856

i don't use hand tele for fights i use it for taking people to medbay :(
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637860

Mothblocks wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:45 pm

Raise the chance of a fly-person mutation happening, incrementing either on how many portals the person takes in a short time or how many times a single portal is used before it expires. :) And ofc corpses (as far as I know) never became flypeople
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #637862

hand tele is fun to see in fights as the 3 portals suddenly turn it into a scooby doo door chase sequence
Weston Echard on Sybil
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #637891

s to spit
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637893

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:19 am

s to spit
b to burp
Living God

Extraordinary Person

massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #637930

if an AI snitches on me during an antag round I drop what I was doing so I can kill it

not for RP or IC reasons, but because fuck you
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2: