Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #638305

Bottom post of the previous page:

Weirdest Ban Appeal I've ever seen, also what a harsh admin jeez bro. Sybil moment.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31566

I saw this i just HAD to make a peanut of it
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Post by BONERMASTER » #638661

Mothblocks wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:06 am
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:32 am Either we all go nuts on this nonsense station and stuff blows up, or you stop merging retard code.
...Who does
Wh- Like, making a kiss blow up the supermatter crystal?
Again, this is stupid as hell, but in the context of a wacky, zany murdersimulator game, this is the kind of thing that you'd expect. But you don't expect a janni to turn around and ban you for half a fucking year because you didn't take into account all the various demented ways, like blowing a kiss through solidified plasmaglass, through which your crystal could be detonated.

Besides, everything concerning these supermatter crystals should have been left for the players to handle, that's what the security department is for, that builds player initiative, that creates stories. If you (Admiral Awesome) can't figure this out as a janni that's been doing this for one year, give your rank to me, I'll make better use of it.

XOXO
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Re: Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Post by Tearling » #638664

NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 am Cooling, at least something like a reinforced glass so some guy with a crowbar doesn't just bash it open, that feels like adequate safety measures to me.
Well, it was behind reinforced plasma glass so that's one of your requirements out of the way.
NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 am Lasers go through glass, a single laser shot would delaminate it. Possession of a laser based gun isn't really an obscure mechanic.
Fair point, but that's still going against common sense that the person that fault is the one shooting the laser at the crystal, not the person who put the crystal there and unmistakably tried to protect it, because in your own words he did at least try to use reinforced glass so some guy with a crowbar didn't just bash it open.
Or, as the wise BONERMASTER put it:
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:32 am You blasting this guy, because he didn't protect against the possibility of someone blowing a kiss and detonating an SM shard, is just peak absurdity, literal Kafka at this point.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #638669

There have been multiple fulp-tier appeals and I'm 99% sure the root cause is the, as another player put it, "subconscious vibe that player on player violence should be minimized".

A lot of the admins have been doing it for so long they unironically are clueless, and it's not a joke that a lot of the coders don't even play the game bro.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #638683

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:52 am
NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:42 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:07 am You can't really install cooling without access to an RPD and half-decent knowledge of atmos.
Then don't mess around with supermatters?
RPDs are easy to get, cooling is easy to set up. Scrubbers take in gas, it goes into space with the heat exchange thingies, filter out everything but nitrogen, it gets vented back in.
NoxVS shopping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1btDc5xJe0
This post made my day.

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #638694

Image Image
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #638699

^ literally nothing wrong with that. why was this rick & morty guy so mad anyway? what did he lose out on?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #638718

cacogen wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 am ^ literally nothing wrong with that. why was this rick & morty guy so mad anyway? what did he lose out on?
Jortymorty is the guy posting this appeal, I think the point is that they know they're line-toeing with halfassed handling of SM shards
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #638728

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:34 pm
cacogen wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 am ^ literally nothing wrong with that. why was this rick & morty guy so mad anyway? what did he lose out on?
Jortymorty is the guy posting this appeal, I think the point is that they know they're line-toeing with halfassed handling of SM shards
The person who caused the delam is responsible for it. Not anyone else.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #638741

Here is my headmin response prediction:

Mothblocks will be the one to post it.
It'll start off with an explanation of their thoughts, (maybe even a summary of the events if it's especially complex), probably explaining the complexity of the situation or how it's a grey area
Then they will explain that a note for the SM crystals will be sufficient, and that while the banning admin made mistakes, it's clear that intentional or not Jorty's actions did create unnecessary harm to the round. At the end they'll comment on either Jorty's position in the case or Admiral's handling of the case.
I'll try to write it out as so:
Headmin Prediction Post wrote: It's quite obvious that this situation warranted admin intervention of some kind. Securing incredibly dangerous objects of any kind, especially SM crystals, in an almost public area will obviously cause some kind of disturbance. That being said assuming bad faith on the part of Jortymorty would be unnecessarily harsh, especially given the complexity of the situation.

Therefor we believe that a note is sufficient for the Supermatter Shards.

As for Admiral's handling of this case we believe that while the original ban was a bit harsh we're overall satisfied with how this case was handled.
If this prediction is accurate I want to be known as the tgstation fortune-teller, and if it is not accurate I wish for you all to forget this post was made.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638758

Tearling wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:53 pm Here is my headmin response prediction:

It'll start off with an explanation of their thoughts, (maybe even a summary of the events if it's especially complex), probably explaining the complexity of the situation or how it's a grey area
Then they will explain that a note for the SM crystals will be sufficient, and that while the banning admin made mistakes, it's clear that intentional or not Jorty's actions did create unnecessary harm to the round. At the end they'll comment on either Jorty's position in the case or Admiral's handling of the case.
Headmin Prediction Post wrote: It's quite obvious that this situation warranted admin intervention of some kind. Securing incredibly dangerous objects of any kind, especially SM crystals, in an almost public area will obviously cause some kind of disturbance. That being said assuming bad faith on the part of Jortymorty would be unnecessarily harsh, especially given the complexity of the situation.

As for Admiral's handling of this case we believe that while the original ban was a bit harsh we're overall satisfied with how this case was handled.
If this prediction is accurate I want to be known as the tgstation fortune-teller, and if it is not accurate I wish for you all to forget this post was made.
A note at minimum seems fairly likely given it did in fact blow up
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #638800

oh so it wasn't even a strawman it was totally sincere

and if admin events can amount to a vague "don't do this or you'll die" then why shouldn't players be allowed to stimulate the round similarly?
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #638803

There was no half-ass handling. That statement was one of frustration at being told how shit I am for doing something not even close to the same level of what Brick gets away with. That was not meant to be a stab at Brick himself but of the complete absurdity of the double standard. I feel shit for throwing Brick under the bus but he's the biggest example I can think of here. Let me explain.

I locked shards behind reinforced plasma glass. That's it. There was no mechanism as I knew it that could affect their status. No emitters, no conveyer belts, no shield generators, nothing. Brick, god love him will build the most insane experimental theory testing Rube Goldberg machine that is designed to haphazardly contain a singularity he spawned from donk pockets and a rainbow slime. Credit where credit is due they're usually amazing and he does go to great lengths to try and prevent them from failure. I support that. What I don't support is that level of complexity introducing so many failure modes being "That's Sybil for ya!" whereas one of the FEW if ANY times I've had an SM go fucktangular I get Admiral_Anal and his parade of horseshit.

I do not believe it to truly be line-toeing but if it's bannable for me when some assdart used a fucking emote to send shit sideways then what does that make it when anybody else builds something that could go horribly awry? I don't know if I'm making sense here. I truly have no problem with Brick. I don't think anybody does even when the clown spontaneously erupts into a tesla ball because of something Brick did on another z-level.

Everything SS13 is at its core, it's lore and it's greatest stories centers around the idea that the station is basically a deathtrap where the real antagonists are the coworkers we met along the way. The Chef wants you to eat a questionable sandwich, the Clown was promoted to captain because the previous captain was lynched for ordering a shuttle THAT IS LITERALLY CALLED DISCO INFERNO and to my knowledge has never not caught fire. Cargonia flexing their monetary muscles and making SMs displays absolutely and undeniably follows with the vibe. Same with running a warehouse weapons sales racket, same with fine tuning the mulebots just a little too much. Absurdist events, slapstick stupidity, Benny Hill chases, rogue vending machines, a mouse chewing just one wire which causes the SM to delam... it's the charm and fun that makes SS13 what it is. Do you know what I find fun? Getting into an IC scuffle, having someone take the bait, then making sure they see me printing a medical drill, I then run at them but before I get within a few tiles I suicide. It brings a huge smile to my face to know that they thought I was gonna drillemkillem only to have me spinning around like an idiot and exploding into something that makes the janitors life harder. That shit is why I play SS13. Oh fuck I've made mistakes. I've taken the game too seriously more often than I'd like to admit but I sure as shit have at least SOME smarts enough to know that Admiral needs to take that picnic tables worth of lumber out of their ass. The initial ban was trash, I accepted it to keep the peace and "gratefully" thanked them for their mercy. I'm injured and wanted to SS13 because I got a few days off work. That's a level of capitulation that brings a sour taste to my piehole. Then you know the rest. What was I gonna do? I rarely get time to sit down and spaceman anymore, I got time off because I'm a clumsy fuck so I can actually SS13, like hell I was gonna argue my way into him just doing the outright ban he initially wanted. I'm not sure what Admiral_Arsewipes main timezone really is but I'm going to assume he's basically a lowpop morning lifer who enjoys two hour rounds of banal, vanilla, plain, predictable, roleplay. Did we not get a server for that specifically?

Anyway, thanks for the support and some faith that I'm not a shitty person 100% of the time.
Tearling wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:53 pm Here is my headmin response prediction:
I'm still trying to figure out how throwing flashbangs through wormholes is going to be addressed in light of it being the straw that gave the camel a 183 day ban. I didn't dive the logs for the rounds but as far as I know nobody was affected by a single one. I still laugh at the idea of the clown harassing security only for a flashbang to pop into existence out of nowhere causing security to think the clown flashbanged them.
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:01 am I've had to deal with, and observed this shitter multiple times

I only see him every so often but it's pretty clear he only plays on tg to grief

good riddance to this trash, stay gone
You only see me every so often because I work, it sucks. Blink 182 warned me about this.

Here goes.
Round 182139 - I'm the AI, I quote some Short Circuit 2 and remind the crew that stress is bad. I snitch a little to help security. Not much happens but I make sure to try and keep a running commentary on things to keep the liveliness up. Brick has me watch his latest creation discovery which goes somewhat alright until it dusts him and the station blueprints. Try to get Bricks SM shard wrangled which is causing minor issues. Efforts to wrangle the green spicey rock end up with a dead detective and someone dividing by 0 using the SM shard which deletes both the SM and the SM shard. An admin replaces the missing supermatter with a supermatter spider. I try to David Attenborough it and warn the crew against taunting it. Round ends.
Round 182134 - Order the AI to be sassy and talk like a southern belle, visit robotics and ask them to borg me and hide my body. Wait patiently(ish) for 40 minutes only to find out the brains gone sour. Ahelp incase it was someone being a dork, get told it's kosher, thank the admin for their time. Kinda in a sour mood about the previous round so I figure that's enough SS13 for the day. Admiral again stalking me this round.
03:07:05ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) checked the individual player panel for Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean).
Round 182130 - Very late join Chaplain traitor, sick discounts but I opt for throwing kits so I can try and embed as many stars as I can in the clown. The clown is surrounded by people in medbay. Handful of people die, lots are tended to. I leave medbay alone after taking the clowns soul and asking it to find runed metal so I can make a Juggernaut for him. I lynch an idiot welding all the airlocks shut and then have to deal with Captain_Cockswipe130 and his yap yap dog Johan.
Round 182115 - I'm the AI. I did my best to warn about the dangers of the Xeno petting zoo. I was salty about things regarding Brickopalypses so I'll call that shitter behavior to be fair. A wizard dies and leaves behind two bottles of tickles. One of my borgs is begging the captain to release them. Borg is locked down and dispatched by the Captain since Uncle Bricks Xeno Petting Zoo is enough horseshit to deal with. The round ends with a lot of I told you so from my salty dumb ass.
Round 182113 - I'm a latejoin assistant. I sacrifice myself by being bait to stop the cultist CE from murdering everybody on the shuttle. Everybody on the shuttle dies regardless.
Round 182109 - I'm a station engineer. There's some kind of film crew promoting a movie star, a yellow balloon must be mine but my attempt to get it is thwarted. Requests to have the yellow balloon guy shot are rejected. I sing to Brick Mortar about how he's a BRICK House, he's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out. I sneak into the CE's office, locking myself in because it seemed like a good idea. When I hear the wall being cut I flush myself and die. I then rage hard because a ghost took over for the AFK AI and used ghost knowledge to out the xenos which I think was total horsewhistles.
Round 182105 - I'm a Lawyer, I'm also a thief charged with taking a sliver of the supermatter. I lock my tools in a secure briefcase and get myself a new title from the HOP as Shady Businessman. I try to gain favour with engineering by offering to sell their N2O. Some shithead steals my N2O and releases it. I need things to be chaotic so I order monkeys and monkey-magnifying hats. Nobody wants to be a monkey. I order a virus crate and I infect myself with everything except for the dangerous viruses. Like, no brainrot and stuff. Just the annoying (As far as I know) ones. I check my tools again and try to slip into engineering by convincing the AI the stations in shambles and I can fix it. I get into the SM room. Brick of course is there and has setup a room full of pill factories to directly feed the SM with matter. Things aren't looking so good. I whip out the monkey distraction and put a magnifier helmet on a monkey. A ghost who knew what was in my briefcase then takes the role and attacks me, grabs my briefcase and runs into the SM fucking me out of my sliver. I run into the SM because why not at this point.
Round 182104 - I'm the AI, it's WAR OPS. I spent all round doing the online/offline shuffle because there was a serious lack of power and people don't understand you can't just drag an AI around willy-nilly when half the APCs are weird. It was not a pleasant round to AI and I spent more of it looking at a black screen than anything. It's an angry round for me. Very salty. A borg who gave me a case of the redass lectures me on the laws we have telling me not to do something I wasn't planning on doing or they will have be "Godsmacked" This is the kind of shift that drives me to alcoholism. An admin makes life better by playing Death Grips, TAK-YON, T-T-TAK YON. Life isn't so bad.
Round 182100 I'm the detective. I actually do detective stuff and watch the cameras. I catch an SM death trap with conveyer belts that people are being tossed into. I can't remember much between that and barking at the AI for crushing (I think) a human. I then bought a backpacks full of meth and couldn't figure out why I kept exploding. I figured it out later that it was my cigarettes dipped in meth or that's my best guess. I thought the explosion happened when meth was created not when it was heated? I may have been smoking syndie smokes not sure. I die a few times.

And so on, The bulk of my rounds aren't being a shitter at all. They're just dumb hijinks that usually end up with my death at the hands of my own attempt at comedy. Yeah, I'll salt a bit here and there and sometimes I'm just a loudmouth idiot but in game that's part of the way I see my character. Dumping the mail from cargo in front of medbay on tramstation and being like "NO FUCK YOU, GO GET IT YOURSELF" At least I'm half-way delivering the mail instead of letting it sit in cargo and I'm making sure to put it smack in the middle of the station. I just imagine Gene Parmesan to be as egregiously stupid as he is blockheaded. A moron with a chip on his shoulder. Dying is part of the game and sometimes it's one of my favorites.
I like playing the role of the heel but not in horribly shitty round ending ways. I'm as guilty as the next person of sometimes taking things a bit too seriously and making an off the cuff remark but for the 821 rounds I've played, much less since going back to the workforce I've only caught a handful of crap.

jortymorty banned from Server by arcanedefence
As a borg with only one law which read "Make Space Station 13 great again" found another player with black skin that had been attacked by bees, full stripped and bolted that player in the vault before realizing they were dying and taking said player out to the medbay, which was overburdened with other corpses, and then brought their corpse to the robotics bay. There is no reason for you to imprison and fullstrip another player under that lawset if they are not being a detriment to the station as a whole. The fact that you fail to understand why I have a problem with what happened only makes the situation worse.
This ban is Inactive and was lifted by arcanedefence 2 years ago

I was given a MAGA law, given the way of the world in reality and the fact that my law was a dogwhistle for white nationalism I thought I'd satire that and make the MAGA = racist thing blatant. I didn't put much thought into this and the ban was deserved. The only thing to be said in my defense here is I immediately tried to help the guy once I realized my actions were killing him. It was poor judgement on my part. This is the ban that Admiral was using in deadchat to try and intimidate or whatever the hell he was doing.

jortymorty banned from Server by oklews
Falsly accusing an AI of being malf, causing its death and the borgs being locked down, proceeded to act extremely combatative in the tickets and went into a rant about admins protecting admins. Please take some time to cool off and read the rules.
This ban Expired 2 months ago

This is just embarrassing behavior on my part. I'm pretty sure I was just outwardly projecting my misery that had come to a head. Seasonal depression and unhealthy coping mechanisms. Life bullshit after getting COVID and basically falling through the cracks. None of that's a valid excuse for just going on a rant at somebody because I thought drinking my way out of a funk was a good idea but I'd rather they know that it was rage pulled from my ass, not from a belief in that they are anything I said they were.

jortymorty banned from Server by awkwardstereo
As a non-antagonist monkey, opened N2O canisters outside the HoP's office to "frame engineering and atmos" because they believed they were acting like jerks. Told N2O can eventually kill if people get caught in it without internals and that releasing N2O is not as harmless as they initially believed.
This ban Expired a month ago

Yeah, so in my entire time playing SS13 I never knew that N2O was lethal or anything more than annoying. That's my bad. I agree with the admin and I'm happy they wrote it out to indicate I wasn't aware of it being lethal. I just didn't think it could displace all the oxygen. I don't atmos very much or very well.

So that's it after two or more years here. If I'm only on tg to grief and be a shitter then I'm doing a horrible job with that. I'm really racking up those bans. Two of those bans were poor judgement and stupidity on my part. One was just plain ignorance.

Some notes:
Misuse of urgent ahelps: "Okay, I drank mroe than all the beers in the ring on kilo, the war ops are coming, turn me into a clownanana... for the war ops!"
That's on me for not reading the blurb and clicking the box.
Shoots at random people with syringe guns full of alcohol in hopes of getting lynched. Not typically bad I suppose but someone told me to add this as a note.
Harmless dumbfuckery but stopped when someone explained the alcohol quirk. Wasn't aware of that. I mostly got ignored once people realized it was only booze. One month ago.
Has been told not to stay on the station for too long as Free Golem, as per their policy text. 2 months ago.
So I don't.
Warned - as a nonantagonist engineer, was deconstructing random windows, depressurising populated areas. They were attempting to learn engineering, but did so in a manner that was harming other players. Keep in mind that oxygen and pressure are both requirements for players to live, and deconstructing windows effectively deprives both of those from people. 3 years ago.
Learning the game.

Am I perfect? Absolutely not. Do I go out of my way to end rounds, remove people from the shift, destroy the station or do whatever it is you think I do Kendrick? No. I mean maybe come close a time or two or three. However if you're going to paint me with a brush at least make sure it's accurate. Dick. I'm a bumbling jackwagon doing my best to try and play a character that is somehow entertaining to me, and hopefully at times entertaining to others. Again, I ain't perfect but you need to slow down with your labels. Just keep it in mind that when you see me gibbering in pre-round OOC about "Make sure you sluts turn on your soup sensors" or wandering the halls screaming "BUGMAN IN THE CHEMITORIUM IS A BAD BUG", "THE DIRTY CHEF WON'T SERVE ME BECAUSE I HIT ON HIS VIRTUAL WIFE" it's the same guy who typed this post.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #638818

Bruh
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #638819

N20 is lethal? What?
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638820

That's what they told me. I've never seen it happen but it makes sense if there's no oxygen somehow. This is basic shit that I don't know so I just trust that I'm being reprimanded correctly. Atmos isn't my Kia Forte.
I'm surprised given it knocks people out that I don't see it more being used to distro flood cause that seems like stupidly lethal then.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638822

Yeah see the problem is that's flat wrong

In standard station atmosphere, you'll not only not die to it, you'll probably sporadically wake up on your own because of fastmos shuffling it around, so if you're fast on your buttons, you can put on internals during bouts of consciousness to get out of it yourself. N2O has to be a VERY high concentration to cause anoxia problems. Old slowmo atmospherics made this doable with canisters because gas took so long to disperse, but in the age of fastmos, I can't imagine a way to get a kill using only N2O except maaaybe as an AI, where you can also drain the air from the room(s) as you do it.

You don't see it used much by antags because it's less likely to cause actual death than release of concentrated CO2, plasma floods without vents configured, etc.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #638823

I mean, I have a note about opening a can of BZ in the hallway as non antag too. Opening a can N2O in the halls as a non antag is bad juju, but it's not going to be lethal.

Replacing someone's internals with it could be lethal.
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638824

NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 am
And nah, I couldn't use this same logic. If you put in the effort to stop the lowest effort sabotages, I don't really see a problem with it. Cooling, at least something like a reinforced glass so some guy with a crowbar doesn't just bash it open, that feels like adequate safety measures to me.
Hello. I'm still not sure exactly how to use the new piping system and it's been my experience that anytime I start a piping project of any magnitude I get tossed around like a salad at a 24 hour truckstop. Push, shove, steal the RPED and so on. So what I tried to do and did try to explain in the post there was secure the boxes with reinforced plasma glass all around because I've never been able to break the stuff. I then left the floors unreinforced thinking that they would melt out and expose the box to space if anything went bad. There was thought put into this and I get that it's not evident given the crap note I was given which implies no steps were taken. The only way to hit the ORM shard would have been to aim directly at it. A stray shot would have been very unlikely. The other two I believe were in a position that would pretty much stop them from being hit unless somebody was firing north into QM lobby from the tram. It was highly unlikely to me that anyone would have hit it.

There was plenty of opportunity to as all manner of people showed up and everybody was cool and left them alone. Except that one guy. I'm told he's new so I don't think he meant anything malicious. I don't think he deserves to cop any of the shit people here are trying to swing off of me onto him. This situation required context, nuance and critical thinking to judge it properly. Admiral_Arsebark showed absolutely none of that.

Here's the bwoink for the SM shards for anyone interested. Let me know if I come off as an asshole.
admiralawesome130 bwoinked jortymorty 6 days ago
Gene. Jortymorty. Dafuq.

jortymorty Reply from admiralawesome130 6 days ago
Hello there, I had some awesome SM displays going on, like, Welcome to Cargonia, here is our power and wealth.##And then a dickhead blew a kiss at one and that made it delam.

admiralawesome130 Reply from jortymorty 6 days ago
Can you give the name of the one who blew the kiss?

I can try m'lord,

Joe Hardie blows a kiss at the supermatter shard! other then that they were secured behind secured plasma reinforced glass.

So, full honesty, it is appreciated. HOWEVER, ordering MULTIPLE sm shards for... Swag points, basically, is really fuckin' stupid. Just make diamond statues of yourself if you wanna be vain.

Well, that was coming along with a grand piano and monkey servants with the helmets but then the moth got uppity and things got whack. Alright, no multiple SM shards.##It started as one just to replace the Ore silo

So going to let you off LIGHTLY, even though I could realistically ban you for a long time. Cargo and command ban for a month.

Aw don't do that, the ban for a long time. It was actually looking really pretty until someone had to be a bored-lord, what am I getting? I'm off work with a bum knee for 3 days, was hoping to SS13

And you'll still be able to play. Just not cargo or a head of staff roll.

Aw I'm the only guy who even QMs anymore but, I get it, and that's fair. Well, it's actually lenient but I can dig it, I won't press my luck.

admiralawesome130 Interacted with jortymorty 6 days ago
Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) has created a temporary 1 month role ban from 9 roles for Jortymorty.
Then, later on in the round with the flashbangs.
admiralawesome130 bwoinked jortymorty 6 days ago
Ok why the fuck are you randomly launching flashbangs into wormholes?

I mean it seemed like a good idea at the time. The first one was to see if it worked, the ones thereafter was to see if anybody said something funny on the radio about randomly getting flashbanged while feeding the clown in the cafeteria or something

Also it's a piece of paper aimed at the mouth to remove lipstick.

What the lipstick what?

So you know how I was going easy on you?

I am trying to wash the radioactivity off, trying to get this moth alived. And yes, why what did I do now?

admiralawesome130 Interacted with jortymorty 6 days ago
Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) has created a temporary 6 months server ban for Jortymorty.
Right there. "So you know how I was going easy on you?" You know what I've learned at 36 and having some real shitty bosses in my time? A powertripping dick is a powertripping dick and a powertripping dick will always throw out a
"I was being benevolent but now look what you made me do!" Didn't even have the decency to explain why flashbangs through a wormhole looked so bad from the perspective they have with their head up their ass. I still maintain this shouldn't be a ban but uh, "So going to let you off LIGHTLY, even though I could realistically ban you for a long time. " basically told me right off the hop he was powertripping bad and I should just act grateful and capitulate because it wasn't going to play in my favour if I didn't feign gratitude. That's cool toxic behavior.

Now let's contrast that with.
ybs bwoinked jortymorty a month ago
Hey there Jorty - Need you to do me a huge favor and, once you fix him, try to stop antagonizing Ward. Obviously facepaint is subtle and that escalation was legit per IC, but I've been watching you both since last round and this is beginning to border on meta. Even if that wasn't your intention, you would be doing me a huge favor by being the bigger person. Sound good?

jortymorty Reply from ybs a month ago
Oh, I facepaint everybody my dude, but I understand.

ybs Reply from jortymorty a month ago
Yeah that is what I am figuring, but I appreciate your understanding and help.

jortymorty Reply from ybs a month ago
No worries, apologies for the headache!
dragontrance bwoinked jortymorty a month ago
Hey, is there a reason you're shooting people with morphine and alcohol?

jortymorty Reply from dragontrance a month ago
It was just booze but then I ran out of booze, nothing should be lethal here, just annoying, we all spawned as parameds not sure what to do so trying to get lynched

jortymorty Reply from dragontrance a month ago
But nobody seems to care enough for getting a little tipsy to chase me and hang me, it's not working so well. Just a crew of drunks.

dragontrance Reply from jortymorty a month ago
Well alright lmao

Context, the entire crew spawned as paramedics if I remember correctly.
jortymorty Opened Ticket a day ago
Hey, the roboticist is a retard and when I wanted to be borged just kinda went "Eh" and must be new or something, either way I can't be borged now and they seem to just be ok with that. I've been waiting since roundstart.

mindstormy Reply from jortymorty a day ago
I know you are going to hate this. But this is an IC issue sadly.

jortymorty Reply from mindstormy a day ago
I mean, if he's an antagonist that's fine. Why would I hate it? That's not bad, that's just how it goes. If they're new though they should be encouraged to go fix things no?

mindstormy Reply from jortymorty a day ago
Yeah its the former. Just how it goes sometimes.

jortymorty Reply from mindstormy a day ago
Just how it goes, all good in the neighbourhood mein deude, thanks for looking into it.
Maybe Admiral_Horsewank is karma for all the times I took things too seriously and was a doorknob in bwoinks, I'm no saint and I'll never claim to be one. There's plenty of shit I don't know about this game, like the current N2O revelation here. What I do know is that Captain_Crunch130 needs to look his own ass in the mirror when he's acting like this. viewtopic.php?p=638779#p638779
Again, thanks for the support and the benefit of the doubt from those who take pity on my half-wit ass.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #638828

jortsandshirts wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:23 pm
NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 am
And nah, I couldn't use this same logic. If you put in the effort to stop the lowest effort sabotages, I don't really see a problem with it. Cooling, at least something like a reinforced glass so some guy with a crowbar doesn't just bash it open, that feels like adequate safety measures to me.
Hello. I'm still not sure exactly how to use the new piping system and it's been my experience that anytime I start a piping project of any magnitude I get tossed around like a salad at a 24 hour truckstop. Push, shove, steal the RPED and so on. So what I tried to do and did try to explain in the post there was secure the boxes with reinforced plasma glass all around because I've never been able to break the stuff. I then left the floors unreinforced thinking that they would melt out and expose the box to space if anything went bad. There was thought put into this and I get that it's not evident given the crap note I was given which implies no steps were taken. The only way to hit the ORM shard would have been to aim directly at it. A stray shot would have been very unlikely. The other two I believe were in a position that would pretty much stop them from being hit unless somebody was firing north into QM lobby from the tram. It was highly unlikely to me that anyone would have hit it.
And if someone had intentionally tried to delaminate it by shooting it once? Say, an antagonist who was allowed to do it?

Also, supermatters will still explode when exposed to space. I think it is generally lower power though, but still. If you don't know how to set up cooling, then don't mess around with supermatters.

Third, get out of your own appeal you clown.
jortsandshirts wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:42 am Brick, god love him will build the most insane experimental theory testing Rube Goldberg machine that is designed to haphazardly contain a singularity he spawned from donk pockets and a rainbow slime. Credit where credit is due they're usually amazing and he does go to great lengths to try and prevent them from failure. I support that.
According to you, he went to great lengths to ensure his projects don't fail. You didn't. If your project results in a button that anyone can easily press to cause some catastrophic disaster, then you aren't putting in enough effort. It is hard to see things like this as anything other than attempts to "accidentally" cause a disaster.

According to you, he also uses these projects as ways to farm self-antag destruction without getting in trouble, so comparing yourself to him may not be the best idea.

The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #638829

I know people like to meme about "MRP jannies" but this last post in the appeal thread makes it look like a literal banbot running around on the wrong server.
jortsandshirts wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:23 pm Maybe Admiral_Horsewank is karma for all the times I took things too seriously and was a doorknob in bwoinks, I'm no saint and I'll never claim to be one. There's plenty of shit I don't know about this game, like the current N2O revelation here. What I do know is that Captain_Crunch130 needs to look his own ass in the mirror when he's acting like this. viewtopic.php?p=638779#p638779
Again, thanks for the support and the benefit of the doubt from those who take pity on my half-wit ass.
It baffles me that you're able to play with this HRP grudge-bearing asshole breathing down your neck. If there's even an ounce of sincerity to the massive post you made at the end of your appeal, I'll never look at this admin the same way again.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638830

Hello again, if you'll direct your eyes up towards #638803 you'll see that was a ham-fisted half-assed attempt at drawing a circle around the double standard. Brick understood and sympathized with my anger there. I think he got it despite my mind-numbingly bad attempt to make a point. If a label applies to me then it applies to all. That's still not 100% what I'm trying to say but I hope you're starting to smoke what I'm rolling. If I'm considered a shitter for what I did then how would my assessment of Brick be wrong? Given that his frequency of catastrophic failure grossly outstrips mine. No. Either we're both idiots with harmless but fun intentions or we're both shitheads. Again there's a point here despite my lack of eloquence and clarity. Even with appreciating Brick and handwaving the catastrophes on a personal level it's still fucking laughable that the little pop that to my knowledge only killed me and maybe the kiss blower was treated with such severity when Bricks erased reality more times than I have fingers. I've rarely, if ever caused any catastrophes with an SM shard and SM shard dumbfuckery isn't something I do multiple times a week. So pardon me for having a little margarita salt on my brown eye and labeling Bricks activities as they should be perceived compared to mine. This isn't an attempt to get Brick into shit. I have zero problems with Brick. I sang him Brick House, get out of here.

I've never once seen an SM shard sitting on a space tile explode. Not once. Could it happen? I mean yeah. Am I going to take your word for it? Also yeah. However to my knowledge a space tile is 100% vacuum and cold as shit since I always seem to remember people stopping SM delamination by taking out the floor under/infront of the SM. I could have sworn though that I tried to delaminate one on charlie station while it was in space. Hoping to send a ball of electricity hurtling into the far reaches of the galaxy. It just sat there and laughed. Twas a while ago.

Yes, I didn't use reinforced plasma glass, I simply just used normal glass anybody can break with colorful language. I didn't take every step I could to move them into position when there was nearly nobody around as to stop people from putzing with it. The belief that a space tile would provide adequate cooling may have been a mistake but I was not planning on one of them being exploded by a frisky engineer. If I took every step necessary including cooling an antagonist could set them off regardless. I don't think there's enough cooling power in a 1x1 box to withstand someone running up to it and unloading double fisted energy guns. Brick can test this hypothesis.

The appeal? Like this peanut post. I'm not familiar with the workings my bad.
datorangebottle wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:14 pm
It baffles me that you're able to play with this HRP grudge-bearing asshole breathing down your neck. If there's even an ounce of sincerity to the massive post you made at the end of your appeal, I'll never look at this admin the same way again.
Well, I would be right now but this is generally when I've found him to be online so.. I ain't. You can't get beaned if you're not online. Yeah I'm sincere about that last post I made there. I'm not looking to change anybody's opinion of their friend or anything, or throw them from the mountaintop. I'm just trying to shine on a light on him being a complete wanker in how he's been going on with me.. If my notes and bans stick then whatever. At least if someone else pipes up down the road who has a similar experience they can say "Well shit, he's done this before" and it'll help them out hopefully.

Honestly though I'm kind of at the point where it's like.. if he's gone that far, and been that shit and somehow that's alright and accepted then I'm hanging up my hat and calling it. I rarely play video games anymore, SS13 being the bulk of it and with time and reality the way it is it's not like I would be giving up a huge part of my life. Just some fun shit that makes me laugh 90% of the time and rage 8% of the time. I'd hope this shit remains on record though so the next guy he railroads with his powertripping tomfuckery can point out it maybe a running theme.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #638834

please type less words dude
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #638836

Hey Jorts can you write my next essay I'm sure you can do it in 1 forum post
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #638850

NoxVS wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:09 pm Third, get out of your own appeal you clown.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #638857

Holy fucking shit that recent post. First of all killing 8 people in a 22-person round is probably lowpop murderboning, anything under 25-30 is lowpop. Good opportunity for headmins to define the boundaries though.

The worst part by far is Admiral leaking a ban, and threatening to leak its details, to dchat because... of salt? Of dying? Lowpop murderboners suck but you would expect an admin to both be experienced enough to control their salt, and ethical enough to not flaunt someone's private bans in front of their face as a way to win the verbal warfare. Honestly incredibly immature and I hope headmins look into this seriously.

02:38:46 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "Hey, would you be ok with me posting your first ban on the server here in deadchat or no? I won't if you're not cool with it, but it's a spicy one I'll say that." (92, 88, 2) Security Locker Room
02:39:43 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "I said if you don't want me to post em, I won't post em. But it's a spicy one I'll give you that." (129, 88, 2) Engineering

An admin is not supposed to say anything remotely like this period, even though they were justified in being angry at what is most likely lowpop murderboning.
Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #638858

My take on populations is highly twisted because I've been spending too much time on bagil during dead hours. Killing the two random people in the hallways to me is worse than killing a bunch of people in medbay but leaving one alive to fix it. That would be exciting especially at that long as point in the round where fucking NOTHING is going to be happening.

Progression antag is a mistake on lowpop because you just sit there for 13 minutes while someone holds every single item in the game.

Or maybe I'm just mad because I joined a round 2 hours in, make a comment about the bugged reflector vest laying in arrivals, the "captain" runs in, stuns me, cuffs and takes me to medbay (then into straight jacket so I can't escape) and goes through a big thing of brainwashing surgery/hypnoflash. The rest of the crew was also hypnoflashed to follow his orders too. He gave no orders and just wandered off to go do another objective once he was sure no-one was going to ruin his time traitoring. I wandered to the chapel to stare into space (and went to go play another game).
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638860

Well, I mean the killings were.

Slippo, Haliee Mason, Muterover, Admiral_ragebaby, Lola Jesse. Pete (RIP), Isabella Dunn were involved in my attacking medbay, everybody except for Isabella Jesse I think was part of one big initial group.
Johan does not get counted because 37 airlocks agree, it was justified.

Slippo did die, was soul captured and the hope was to make him a purified cult juggernaut.
Isabella Dunn healed up, then got themselves a syringe rifle and loaded up with morphine to take me down, I shocked them to death.
Hailee Mason did die from their wounds.
Muterover healed up from their wounds, tussled with me later on and got shocked to death.
Admiral_Wankstick died of their wounds, then died of.. whatever, repeatedly? I'm not sure what to make of it but I don't remember going back for seconds or thirds.
They also went admin mode, used admin verbs, then went non-admin and back and forth not sure if that buggered up any efforts that were being used to keep them alive. I don't know this stuff.
► Show Spoiler
Lola Jesse died of their wounds but I can't make heads or tails of what happened before and after that. Die, come back, die, come back and so on.
Pete I feel like a fuck about. He was in medbay and died of his wounds but became meat.
Detective was not me. Someone broke a window and space wind sucked him against the windows normal electrified gril
Johan deserved a lynching and I ain't gonna budge on saying that's completely justified.

So Slippo, I count that as a death even though I did capture his soul I don't think it's very fair to continue to call that participating in the round since shades can't do much. +1
Isabella Dunn got themselves healed up, armed themselves and came after me. I'm not counting that one.
Hailee Mason died from their wounds, not sure what else but that's a +1
Muterover, healed up and then came after me for revenge. Like Isabella I can't count this as me just being a murderboning rampager when they come back to the kitchen asking for second helpings.
Admira I don't even know. There was plenty of effort to keep them in the round by other players but they didn't do much with that and I'm not sure if the constant admin/deadmin and crap affected their living. They finally died for the last time way later. I'm not counting that.
Lola Jesse, I can't tell what happened there but I did attack them and they did die so +1
Pete was a witness and I fully admit I would rather have stolen him than killed. That's my bullshit +1
Detective, no idea. Not my doing.
Johan got rightfully lynched for being a wankstain.

Alright, that's four deaths in total that even meet the loosest idea of a murderbone. Of those four I'm fairly certain each was a part of the initial medbay clusterfuck. Not people I stalked through the halls like a psychopath. The clown was given life but again, I don't feel that's fair to him so let's leave it at four. There's absolutely no way I'm going to count Muterover and Isabella against me here since they decided they wanted round two. Isabellla had a syringe gun full of morphine for fucks sakes. They weren't coming with the welcome wagon and some complimentary muffins.

I never hid bodies, other than Pete and the clown I never destroyed bodies either. I let forever be and let people get tended to so I could go commit sudoku in the holodeck. I called for the shuttle and truth be told lynching Johan should have evened everything out. I'm not sure how the circulating diseases played a factor in anybodies death because I'm tired of going over logs.

I don't think simplifying it down to me killing eight people is accurate given the information above. So not only was Admiral being a hyperfuck in general they were pushing a narrative without looking into it beyond whatever fit their criteria of being banworthy because I had the audacity to appeal their shitbad original ban. I threw the question at them asking how they were even an admin and that question still leaves me perplexed. The threats, the powertripping, the downright fucking psychopathic "benevolence" they extend, the outrageously stupid judgement calls and the adherence to delusions that defy the reality as it is. Like I illustrated above, they took no time for context and nuance and decided it was just a better option to hit an admin verb to make sure they were "Right" and then haul off on someone that appealed their hogshit ban. Anybody allowing them to keep a modicum of authority is being willfully blind to their toxic, powertripping, overbearing, creepy, unhinged and borderline cause for concern behavior. You're enabling him to do this same shit to someone else in the future. I accepted today it's time to put SS13 down and focus on other productive things. While Admiral may see that as a victory in getting what they want I'm down to let them indulge in their fuckwit fantasies. I'm sure outing yourself as a biased, punitive, angry, inept, vengeful, half-witted tinpot tyrant was worth it.

Thanks for coming to my TEDx talk.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #638868

jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:10 am -rationalizations-
First get out of your own peanut thread you clown.

Second any murder that wouldn’t have been allowed if you were nonantag counts as a murder as antag - round removal isn’t the marker of what’s considered murderboning. The only exception is if they started the altercation and engaged you first (as well as objectives but that goes without saying).

Third none of this matters because the admin did a very big oopsie in hinting at a player’s private ban history to posture in front of the ghost court, as well as readminning to check antags mid-round (unsure if that’s allowed but a little cringe regardless). I’d be shocked if the ban weren’t thrown out for conduct alone.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #638870

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:01 am
jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:10 am -rationalizations-
First get out of your own peanut thread you clown.

Second any murder that wouldn’t have been allowed if you were nonantag counts as a murder as antag - round removal isn’t the marker of what’s considered murderboning. The only exception is if they started the altercation and engaged you first (as well as objectives but that goes without saying).

Third none of this matters because the admin did a very big oopsie in hinting at a player’s private ban history to posture in front of the ghost court, as well as readminning to check antags mid-round (unsure if that’s allowed but a little cringe regardless). I’d be shocked if the ban wasn’t thrown out for conduct alone.
That entire part of the appeal is completely unrelated, tacked on for absolutely no reason, and should have been an entirely separate admin complaint.
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #638871

NoxVS wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:08 am That entire part of the appeal is completely unrelated, tacked on for absolutely no reason, and should have been an entirely separate admin complaint.
I agree it’s an entirely separate issue but if an admin does something like that then their judgment as a whole comes into question and it colors the appeal differently now.

Like if I spawn myself an SM sword to kill a guy that I banned earlier, that probably discredits my ban and conduct as an admin as a whole, even if it’s unrelated. Big exaggeration but you get the point.
Spoiler:
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638873

NoxVS wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:08 am

That entire part of the appeal is completely unrelated, tacked on for absolutely no reason, and should have been an entirely separate admin complaint.
I disagree. I think it is important to provide that information to show the full bredth of their failure as an admin. They outed themselves in the chatlogs in that they thought I was someone who had done them wrong in the past, not in general speaking but they specified they believed me to be someone I was not. I think when you take that information and look at that flashbang 183 day ban you may see things looking a little different.

I was informed I would not be able to make an admincomplaint without a prior successful ban appeal. That interaction the next run-in with Admiral and his switch from malevolent powertripping psychopath to full blown openly biased, threatening, grudge admitting, Johan enabling asshole because I had the audacity to appeal is very much important in this context.

I will do the admin complaint when admins rule on the ban appeal. Expunged or not I'm going back to work and I am going to fill my spare time volunteering again. I hope in my small black heart that me choosing not to play his reindeer games and not be his prey so he can't feel like a big man makes him angry. He outs himself as a creepy, cringey, umsuitable admin and I get to smile and help developmentally delayed children build their bicycles.

That is the greenest greentext one could ask for.
BOBAMA
Byond Username: BOBAMA

Post by BOBAMA » #638874

truly there has never been a more despicable and loathsome creature as the internet moderator. I had something similar happen to me where i got banned for like a month for something i thought i shouldn't have been banned for at all, and when the ban was mercifully reduced to a mere two days i just took it to avoid further confrontation. mister jorts has inspired me to type up 2 page documents to verbally own these vile internet moderators in the future. thank you and god bless.

edit: i now realize it was the same admin, lol
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #638875

jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:36 am
NoxVS wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:08 am That entire part of the appeal is completely unrelated, tacked on for absolutely no reason, and should have been an entirely separate admin complaint.
I disagree. I think it is important to provide that information to show the full bredth of their failure as an admin.
That's what admin complaints are for. Not ban appeals. The incident you are bringing up appears (according to a brief glance over what you have said) to not have resulted in any kind of note. If it isn't documented, headmins won't be able to know it exists to consider it, and would come to a decision on whether the ban/note was too harsh or not without the incident having any impact on it.
jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:36 am I was informed I would not be able to make an admincomplaint without a prior successful ban appeal.
You cannot make an admin complaint for behavior you were noted/banned for. You would still be free to make an admin complaint for the admin's behavior in another round, as long as it didn't result in you being noted or banned that round as well.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #638879

Seems to be a reoccurring theme for this guy to wack you with a ridiculously long ban, and then "letting you off easy" by reducing it by a little bit.
I think we may have a live one here, boys.

With abusive regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638891

BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:01 am Seems to be a reoccurring theme for this guy to wack you with a ridiculously long ban, and then "letting you off easy" by reducing it by a little bit.

With abusive regards
-BONERMASTER
I keep using specific terms in reference to his malevolent intent on purpose. That "letting someone off easy" to manipulate them into graciously accepting a punishment under threat of a far more severe outcome is a glaring red flag. Beyond that let's see what happens when you don't act in accordance with his will, even unknowingly.

SM shard shit: "So going to let you off LIGHTLY, even though I could realistically ban you for a long time. "
Lightly by his standard is fucking insane. He makes sure though to remind you he's actually taking it easy on you but it could be so much worse, he has that power, be grateful.
Flashbangs later: "So you know how I was going easy on you?" *wordlessly applied a fucking SIX MONTH BAN, was I not gracious enough?

Then, you all saw what interaction with him was like the next day. The threats, the bias, all of it. He went from disturbing red flag in adminhelps, to disturbingly overboard banning and then when I dared to appeal the ban I was met with hostility beyond what you would normally even see from the saltiest shitter player in deadchat. Absolutely no fucking attempt to reign himself in when I reminded him thricely that what he was saying was being logged, blatantly expresses his frustration that HE cannot do anything personally due to his involvement, tries to fucking SHAME me with my first ban in an attempt to... impress dchat? Has me pegged as someone I'm not so outs himself as grinding an axe for someone else. The guy admins and deadmins to check on me repeatedly, through multiple rounds my friends. Like, stalking.

Here's some shit from another round. I'm absolutely sure that Brick was not implying that I somehow caused an SM shard to start lighting up. I think he meant it's ironic I was just complaining about it and now the situation is at it is. I sure as shit don't remember doing anything but beyond trying to coordinate the SMs secureness.

Round - 182134 The round right after Admiral_Cockswing had his breakdown.
02:48:57 ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Admiral_awesome130) has turned stealth mode ON
Bravo six, going dork.
02:53:39 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "I had a previous encounter with him where he set up three separate supermater shards in the lobby of cargo, in plasma glass 1x1 enclosures. No cooling, but he was assuming that things wouldn't blow up if they got out of hand, like the floor would melt and then vent the gasses." (110, 121, 2) Corporate Showroom
02:53:50 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "Whelp wrong chat" (110, 121, 2) Corporate

Sad.
03:07:05 ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) checked the individual player panel for Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean).
Stop looking at my panel you spazacreep.

03:15:55 ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) checked the individual player panel for Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean).
I can only theorize at this point he's either looking for shit in my notes/bans to justify being a horrible hitler with major psychological issues or he's paranoid his crap notes might get expunged.

Round - 182139
06:57:58 SAY Scriptis/(Brick Mortar) (DEAD) "the AI was complaining about me causing this sort of thing en masse yesterday"
06:58:01 SAY Scriptis/(Brick Mortar) (DEAD) "and now it's caused this" (115, 69, 4) Supermatter Engine
06:58:09 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Robusto) "HE FUCKING WHAT" (112, 69, 4) Supermatter Engine
06:58:20 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Robusto) "I JUST YELLED AT HIM LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO FOR THAT SHIT" (112, 69, 4) Supermatter Engine

Calm your assumptive ass you dork.

So yeah, I don't see much of a point in logging in with this guy riding my back. Sociopath or something, bad news. That's some predatory malevolent cringe.
BOBAMA wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:41 am truly there has never been a more despicable and loathsome creature as the internet moderator. I had something similar happen to me where i got banned for like a month for something i thought i shouldn't have been banned for at all, and when the ban was mercifully reduced to a mere two days i just took it to avoid further confrontation. mister jorts has inspired me to type up 2 page documents to verbally own these vile internet moderators in the future. thank you and god bless.

I thought you were kidding. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30138
You absolute monster, you released water vapour as a clown. Why that could have hurt someone, you did it on the Disco Inferno shuttle as well. Safety first. Wouldn't want to slip on the shuttle that's literally a flying plasma fire with anime music. A month, he gave you a month for that.

Some more ass conduct from this wizard of suck.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=30531
23:38:41.908] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes)->Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo): Why do you do a "Super Mario" bit each round?
23:38:59.666] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo)->Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes): Why cant I?
23:39:08.838] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo)->Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes): Its a RP game is it not
23:39:43.625] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo)->Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes): all my characters i play dress up even when am not mario
23:40:47.484] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes)->Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo): Fair enough I suppose.

Why the fuck do you care? Mario is good, Mario is fine. I literally keep my borg static name as YOSH.E because I find Mario to be a delight when he plays. Fuck me what a dork thing to grill somebody about in ahelps.

Bah.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #638897

jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:11 am
BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:01 am Seems to be a reoccurring theme for this guy to wack you with a ridiculously long ban, and then "letting you off easy" by reducing it by a little bit.

With abusive regards
-BONERMASTER
I keep using specific terms in reference to his malevolent intent on purpose. That "letting someone off easy" to manipulate them into graciously accepting a punishment under threat of a far more severe outcome is a glaring red flag. Beyond that let's see what happens when you don't act in accordance with his will, even unknowingly.

SM shard shit: "So going to let you off LIGHTLY, even though I could realistically ban you for a long time. "
Lightly by his standard is fucking insane. He makes sure though to remind you he's actually taking it easy on you but it could be so much worse, he has that power, be grateful.
Flashbangs later: "So you know how I was going easy on you?" *wordlessly applied a fucking SIX MONTH BAN, was I not gracious enough?

Then, you all saw what interaction with him was like the next day. The threats, the bias, all of it. He went from disturbing red flag in adminhelps, to disturbingly overboard banning and then when I dared to appeal the ban I was met with hostility beyond what you would normally even see from the saltiest shitter player in deadchat. Absolutely no fucking attempt to reign himself in when I reminded him thricely that what he was saying was being logged, blatantly expresses his frustration that HE cannot do anything personally due to his involvement, tries to fucking SHAME me with my first ban in an attempt to... impress dchat? Has me pegged as someone I'm not so outs himself as grinding an axe for someone else. The guy admins and deadmins to check on me repeatedly, through multiple rounds my friends. Like, stalking.

Here's some shit from another round. I'm absolutely sure that Brick was not implying that I somehow caused an SM shard to start lighting up. I think he meant it's ironic I was just complaining about it and now the situation is at it is. I sure as shit don't remember doing anything but beyond trying to coordinate the SMs secureness.

Round - 182134 The round right after Admiral_Cockswing had his breakdown.
02:48:57 ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Admiral_awesome130) has turned stealth mode ON
Bravo six, going dork.
02:53:39 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "I had a previous encounter with him where he set up three separate supermater shards in the lobby of cargo, in plasma glass 1x1 enclosures. No cooling, but he was assuming that things wouldn't blow up if they got out of hand, like the floor would melt and then vent the gasses." (110, 121, 2) Corporate Showroom
02:53:50 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "Whelp wrong chat" (110, 121, 2) Corporate

Sad.
03:07:05 ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) checked the individual player panel for Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean).
Stop looking at my panel you spazacreep.

03:15:55 ADMIN Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) checked the individual player panel for Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean).
I can only theorize at this point he's either looking for shit in my notes/bans to justify being a horrible hitler with major psychological issues or he's paranoid his crap notes might get expunged.

Round - 182139
06:57:58 SAY Scriptis/(Brick Mortar) (DEAD) "the AI was complaining about me causing this sort of thing en masse yesterday"
06:58:01 SAY Scriptis/(Brick Mortar) (DEAD) "and now it's caused this" (115, 69, 4) Supermatter Engine
06:58:09 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Robusto) "HE FUCKING WHAT" (112, 69, 4) Supermatter Engine
06:58:20 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Robusto) "I JUST YELLED AT HIM LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO FOR THAT SHIT" (112, 69, 4) Supermatter Engine

Calm your assumptive ass you dork.

So yeah, I don't see much of a point in logging in with this guy riding my back. Sociopath or something, bad news. That's some predatory malevolent cringe.
BOBAMA wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:41 am truly there has never been a more despicable and loathsome creature as the internet moderator. I had something similar happen to me where i got banned for like a month for something i thought i shouldn't have been banned for at all, and when the ban was mercifully reduced to a mere two days i just took it to avoid further confrontation. mister jorts has inspired me to type up 2 page documents to verbally own these vile internet moderators in the future. thank you and god bless.

I thought you were kidding. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30138
You absolute monster, you released water vapour as a clown. Why that could have hurt someone, you did it on the Disco Inferno shuttle as well. Safety first. Wouldn't want to slip on the shuttle that's literally a flying plasma fire with anime music. A month, he gave you a month for that.

Some more ass conduct from this wizard of suck.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=30531
23:38:41.908] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes)->Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo): Why do you do a "Super Mario" bit each round?
23:38:59.666] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo)->Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes): Why cant I?
23:39:08.838] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo)->Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes): Its a RP game is it not
23:39:43.625] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo)->Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes): all my characters i play dress up even when am not mario
23:40:47.484] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes)->Sheltton/(Mario Faccoilo): Fair enough I suppose.

Why the fuck do you care? Mario is good, Mario is fine. I literally keep my borg static name as YOSH.E because I find Mario to be a delight when he plays. Fuck me what a dork thing to grill somebody about in ahelps.

Bah.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #638903

jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:11 am -something-
Stop posting in your own appeal thread you absolute cretin. The points have been made. The things have been said. The evidence has been provided. Scrounging up tiny little comments they made in dchat about you and going on about them is now detracting from your case. Along with the whole "I metaphorically greentexted" thing. Quit while you're ahead jesus christ.
Spoiler:
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #638904

This is an appeal thread? My bad. Not a regular forum person sorry.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #638906

jortsandshirts wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:13 pm This is an appeal thread? My bad. Not a regular forum person sorry.
This is a peanut thread.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #638909

We are the peanut gallery. We throw peanuts at admins or the complainter from afar with mob mentality
► Show Spoiler
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #639148

fat chance.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #639149

With a headmin team of 3 maintainers, nobody will ever be satisfied about anything.

We will always be dissastisfied with all things.

This was your first mistake.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639150

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:38 pm

fat chance.
Did you wait until after they responded to say fat chance to give the illusion that you predicted my prediction would be wrong?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #639151

if it helps, i would've copied and pasted that if it were the stance i actually wanted to take
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #639153

Tearling wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 pm Did you wait until after they responded to say fat chance to give the illusion that you predicted my prediction would be wrong?
"fat chance" refers to the part i bolded and underlined.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639155

Well I think I speak for a lot of the gallery when I say "wow that ended up even worse under the surface than I expected"
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639156

Gross one fs =/
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639159

What a shocking twist
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #639160

this shocks me less than it ideally should and that makes me sad
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #639162

Once this gets moved on to a separate admin complaint, I'll exceed my monthly quota of consumed peanuts and will have to settle for popcorn.

Edit:
This investigation lead to the admin being removed for misconduct.
I apparently can't read.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #639163

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:29 am Well I think I speak for a lot of the gallery when I say "wow that ended up even worse under the surface than I expected"