I HATE friendly ash walkers

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

I HATE friendly ash walkers

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #638747

You are evil infused primitive savages, would it kill ya to act like it?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: I HATE friendly ash walkers

Post by Farquaar » #638753

Yeah, friendly ash walkers are cringe.

One of my favourite moments as a ghost role was when me and a fellow ash walker encountered some human (a lost vet I think), and she stood unsure of how to react. We said a few lines in ash lizard about how we were gonna kill her, did an "evil grin" emote, and poked her to death with spears. I felt like a real savage villain and I'm surprised people don't enjoy being a part of what makes lavaland scary.
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #638754

Being tribalistic murderers is what makes ashwalkers so much fun. There is no experience quite like hijacking the mining shuttle and getting frozen to death as you bring the crew's bodies back to lavaland because someone opened the door. Also being friendly to lizardmen miners is a god given right and I will stand by this (I kill the human miners and then the lizard miner gets mad so we kill him too).
Weston Echard on Sybil
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #638755

blackdav123 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:29 am There is no experience quite like hijacking the mining shuttle
This is actually the lame way to play ashies. If it were up to me you'd have to kill a miner and steal their ID to access the mining shuttle (unless this is already the case and I'm just dumb)
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #638756

Farquaar wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:08 am
blackdav123 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:29 am There is no experience quite like hijacking the mining shuttle
This is actually the lame way to play ashies. If it were up to me you'd have to kill a miner and steal their ID to access the mining shuttle (unless this is already the case and I'm just dumb)
Miners deserve death, I will not dare step on station before every miner has been fed to my pillar.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638757

I wish every ash walker who goes to the station a very

Miner assassinating your base tendril while you're gone

Defend your home damn it.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #638760

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:04 am I wish every ash walker who goes to the station a very

Miner assassinating your base tendril while you're gone

Defend your home damn it.
Considering we now have the code to punish free golems for going on station it probably wouldnt be hard to punish ashies for going on station when there is still people on lavaland. A nice "You sense that the tendril is still in danger, and its power is fading from you..." as you switch Z levels and some slowdown or something to ensure you will go deal with the problem.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #638762

I played ashie on a round where we killed the miners, and the captain led security on an exterminatus against our kind. Since my ashie happened to revive right before the tendril collapsed, and lost all will to fight, they just took me back to the station and had a lizard engineer tell me to get to working.
A space age research station kidnapping literal stone age savages for manpower is a hilarious concept.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #638763

lavaland defending ashies are based.
station invading ashies are cringe and should just be deleted off of the shuttle when it arrives.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #638770

I think it would be cool if ashwalkers could somehow affect the station without leaving lavaland.

Like, if they were able to siege the mining base and somehow prevent the ORM from functioning until they're driven away.
► Show Spoiler
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #638788

Friendly antags are cringe in general.

I kill antags only if they've become violent, or if they're friendly. Antags turning shit to extended past 20pop is lame. Friendly antags are wasting everyone's time. 60 fucking people in the lobby rolled for what you're pissing away and using for bar rp.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #638789

Having made the Lavaland Elites, I hold extreme contempt for players who take roles of murderous alien lifeforms from a hell planet and try to be friendly anyways. Unlike some other people, I don't mind seeing Ashies on the station and think its fun, but only if the mining team has already been dealt with. I think the planet retaliating against the station is thematically neat, and if you really hate ashwalkers all that much all you need to do is sprinkle some glass shards on the ground and let nature take its course.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #638791

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:16 am You are evil infused primitive savages, would it kill ya to act like it?
Sometimes people want to try something different or does anyone playing not how you want them to a problem?
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
massa

Post by massa » #638792

cybersaber101 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:24 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:16 am You are evil infused primitive savages, would it kill ya to act like it?
Sometimes people want to try something different or does anyone playing not how you want them to a problem?
yes if you are an antagonist, antagonize. there are places for you, for people like you, there is room and space, most of the game is designed for you, and there are settings you can turn on to explicitly ensure you do NOT end up in those places/roles you don't want to be

if you want to be friendly don't literally sign up for THE baddest guys and turn this whole game into a powerful barbiturate
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #638798

Ash walkers on station are hilarious because you can just combat mode break glass on the floor and they can't do anything
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

Post by tjatpbnj » #638807

Mothblocks wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:02 am Ash walkers on station are hilarious because you can just combat mode break glass on the floor and they can't do anything
They can get a broom
look in the spanner box got no thing in there cant do go sailing in em
massa

Post by massa » #638810

the ash lizard support division, armed with brooms
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #638827

Mothblocks wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:02 am Ash walkers on station are hilarious because you can just combat mode break glass on the floor and they can't do anything
Ash ligger with a repulse armor would be hilarious
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #638842

ashie pro-tip is to capture miners using sinue restraints and keep them hostage as they cry out on radio for someone to come save them (more people to feed to pillar).
Weston Echard on Sybil
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #638849

I dont hate friendly ash lizards because people are more likely to hesitate on the trigger and get speared by angry tribal lizards if they think they might be about to be welcomed as a king
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #638893

>unintentionally encounter friendly miner
>keep the peace to avoid being slaughtered by a larger group with better technology
You may not like it but this is what civilisation looks like
Ash walkers on station are hilarious because you can just combat mode break glass on the floor and they can't do anything
Ash walkers should get a research table they can use to unlock better technology (like a primitive R&D console) to craft and one of the nodes should be digitigrade shoes (no this isn’t a serious suggestion)
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #638900

>try to be evil and stab miners
>spears do hardly anything even to basic explorer suit, let alone an upgraded one
>instantly get damage slowdowned by a single PKA blast, die in 2 more, 1 if they upgraded damage at all
Hmm yes why are they being cordial with the miners
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #638901

Yulice wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:35 am >try to be evil and stab miners
>spears do hardly anything even to basic explorer suit, let alone an upgraded one
>instantly get damage slowdowned by a single PKA blast, die in 2 more, 1 if they upgraded damage at all
Toss your spears, use a bone axe, attack in numbers, or dodge
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #638905

Yulice wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:35 am >try to be evil and stab miners
Skill issue.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later