Oddity loot poll

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

In your entire playtime how many items from the oddity maint loot pool have you found?

59%
17%
7%
3%
3%
5+
10%

Total votes: 29

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Oddity loot poll

Post by Timonk » #638840

Answer truthfully, or i will send a cabal to execute you

Also please enlighten us on what you found brotha and how you used it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: Oddity loot poll

Post by blackdav123 » #638841

Playing a lot of assistant makes finding neat stuff while checking maint not super rare.
I have been unfortunate enough to find reactive table armor 2 or 3 times, very underwhelming.
I have seen the teleport tune once or twice, definitely funny to see a real ass tele rune and panic when there is no cult.
I once found a greytide spear and left it behind because I didnt know what it was, definitely mad at myself for that one.
I've probably found an abductor helmet but that one is fairly underwhelming so I dont think I'd remember.
Fast jackboots are one I've not found and probably have skipped over, as they can hide in plain sight as normal jackboots.
Spooky trumpet is very cool, I have dooted one (1) time.
I have definitely died to the cursed die of fate before, and I may be misremembering but I think I rolled wizard off of the single use die of fate before.
Weston Echard on Sybil
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #638852

I don't even know what's in the oddity pool.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #638854

too low haven't seen any of it

oddity loot should be as common as the xeno egg in xenobio imo
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #638856

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 pm oddity loot should be as common as the xeno egg in xenobio imo
boy do I have good news for you

"#define maint_oddity_weight 1 //1 out of 10,000 would give metastation (180 spawns) a 2 in 111 chance of spawning an oddity per round, similar to xeno egg"

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ce_loot.dm
Weston Echard on Sybil
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #638859

still too low grrr
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #638864

blackdav123 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:12 am
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 pm oddity loot should be as common as the xeno egg in xenobio imo
boy do I have good news for you

"#define maint_oddity_weight 1 //1 out of 10,000 would give metastation (180 spawns) a 2 in 111 chance of spawning an oddity per round, similar to xeno egg"

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ce_loot.dm
...only that you don't have to find it first
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #638878

I found the tele rune once as sec.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #638883

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:30 am still too low grrr
yeah people add cool shit but they're made to gatekeep it with a probability so low you never get to see it
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flareguy
Byond Username: Flareguy

Post by Flareguy » #638975

I think I've found the Greytide alone at least 3 times within like 400~ hours of gameplay but passed it up every time because I used to think it was just a spear with a funny name
Alphanerdd
Byond Username: Alphanerdd

Post by Alphanerdd » #638994

Ive found the Gondola Donk Pockets exactly once. Had no idea about oddity maint loot, just kinda assumed it was a very rare donk pocket spawn.
semi-regular sybil/terry/manuel background character Josh Hawkins
loathed and hated mime Translucency
professional bad take haver
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #639040

Didn't get them myself, but I've played a round where a guy got the speed jack boots.
They taunted me by throwing normal jack boots over my bar after asking if I wanted them. smh.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #639048

Maint being a loot dungeon was the best addition of ss13 history
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #639445

I found gondola pockets in one of those new maint space ruins today, so detract one from the zero bracket and add me to one i guess. Didn't even use them despite being traitor. I made brainwashed zombies instead
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #640086

Timonk wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:34 pm Answer truthfully, or i will send a cabal to execute you

Also please enlighten us on what you found brotha and how you used it
Skeletal Trumpet (like twice): Parasite an ongoing revolution and LIBERATE the station's skeletons from the station's crew, and another time where I forgot what happened
Donk Pocket: Gorgondola
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel