Post old controversial /tg/ features before they got removed

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post old controversial /tg/ features before they got removed

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639010

Remember mlp race

and then MLP vox

I miss the vox tbqh
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: Post old controversial /tg/ features before they got removed

Post by san7890 » #639011

VR
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #639014

i dunno but one april fools there were erp verbs and i remember downloading that commit to see how they implemented them but i don't think i could get them to work without another player

another april fools the station got flip turned upside down, which was probably controversial because it was like playing on an entirely different map which weirdly made it hard to find your way around

i remember meteor pens, they were an accident but no rounds could work while they were in because you got a pen in your PDA that shot meteors, which destroyed the station and quickly everyone was killed

if i remember right in 2012 kor made it so the detective's revolver fired .357 bullets but it was reverted like a week later after he became a brazillian police officer

there was telescience, which was eventually solved with a spreadsheet, that worked like the bluespace launchpad except with no limit on distance so you could steal everything

ntsl i think it was called, which allowed tcomms scripts, which let you mute people from tcomms or impersonate them or run games over tcomms similar to ones seen in chat rooms and i think it got removed for being spammy and laggy

stun gloves, which i think everyone knows about, you attacked someone on harm intent with an empty hand and they were stunned for long enough to get cuffs on them and drag them into maintenance at high speed (this was before the default run speed was nerfed and a slowdown was added to dragging, particularly dragging prone people) never to be seen again

in 2010 and 2011 security and the detective started with three pairs of thermal imaging glasses (the orange ones, similar to the ones traitors can get but without being able to be disguised) between them, which was pretty based

paralysis sting? you would mute sting and then parasting someone, which gave them the message "you feel a tiny prick and a burning sensation" and then they were completely fucked unless someone interrupted you absorbing them

sec borgs, though everyone knows about this, removed due to validhunters picking them and the various advantages cyborgs have over humans that made them tough to beat in combat, particularly if they had help or there was more than one
stewydeadmike
Byond Username: Stewydeadmike

Post by stewydeadmike » #639025

Legion cores being a straight up aheal

The separated chems plant trait

some of those weird obscure engines cargo used to be able to order like the antimatter one that I honestly kinda miss.

The stock market

And I don't know if this counts because it was only test merged for like a few rounds but pixel based movement which was really janky but would have been wild to see where the game would be now if it went through
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639028

Secborgs had validhunter issues but it was also pretty much the only way to make it matter if you give AIs funny lawsets, as demonstrated by their Campbell trial.

Old Parapen didn't take 10 years to drop someone, and it should go back to being that way

Bring back hardstuns 2022
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639032

I have a half finished pr that returns hard stuns, one day ill finish and hopefully get it tmed a few rounds >:)
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #639034

Money Trees and the stock market were fun, I also miss departmental budgets.
Image Image
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #639063

The original snack cart

Hey, you have no right to tell me that it wasn't controversial
► Show Spoiler
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639066

I actually did a glacier meme for tgstation with this concept in mind. I didn't get very far with it though because I don't know a lot of old features/events/things, but here it is if anyone wants to take over and add more to it.

*Edit oh god the image is big
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #639070

pixel movement's a way deeper cut then the weird necro guy, he's on the wiki
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #639077

Tearling wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 am I actually did a glacier meme for tgstation with this concept in mind. I didn't get very far with it though because I don't know a lot of old features/events/things, but here it is if anyone wants to take over and add more to it.

Add maid borgs
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #639107

Hey who remembers when tasers were a thing
Hugs
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #639139

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:23 pm Hey who remembers when tasers were a thing
I remember every time I raided armory I took the eguns, left the lasers for being useless.

The way one really did things was spam tasers until you win, then just smash their heads. I quite prefer the intensity of laser gun combat now. Much more fun.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #639152

hitscan. lasers.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639154

Tearling wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 am I actually did a glacier meme for tgstation with this concept in mind. I didn't get very far with it though because I don't know a lot of old features/events/things, but here it is if anyone wants to take over and add more to it.

Where's the round ID to the shezza ERP incident
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639167

Timonk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:23 am Where's the round ID to the shezza ERP incident
Oh fuck I forgot about that, what was the round ID for that?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #639170

Tearling wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:56 am
Timonk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:23 am Where's the round ID to the shezza ERP incident
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Wilchen

I could tell you what it was, but that would simply be too easy. It was one of the September 8th rounds, though.

they also made an appeal so the ban reason is public and that contains the round id
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639175

san7890 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:27 am
Tearling wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:56 am
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Wilchen

I could tell you what it was, but that would simply be too easy. It was one of the September 8th rounds, though.

they also made an appeal so the ban reason is public and that contains the round id
That made it pretty simple, thanks for the help finding it
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #639205

I thought this thread was for membering the good ol’ days before everything was cucked, not dredging up ancient drama about some literally who
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Post by BebeYoshi » #639233

Clock cult
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639251

I still seethe that xenobio can no longer create weeping angels, changelings, xenomorphs, revival bolt magicarps, and most importantly lesser ash drake

I think I need to lobby for a reverse mi-go so I can still ash drake troll the crew into thinking a megafauna got on station.
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #639254

remember when halon let you read dchat?

Also I MISS OCULAR WARDENS GIMMIE MY EYE BALOONS BACK
+ cog scarab ghost roles during non clockcult rounds after clockcult got disabled being left to do literally nothing on reebe
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #639255

Remember Overthrow and Assimilators?

What was funny about Overthrow, was they had the whole thing where they subverted the AI to their team. The AI would be given a law saying to support your master or something, and also separately be told who their master was because they were now on that team. Cyborgs under them were never told who the master was and had to constantly ask the AI for information on who they are supposed to be obeying.

Then you had assimilation where the best strategy was to find one of the other assimilators by trying to assimilate everyone nearby, and then send the shadowy attackers at them so you can run up to them, feign surprise at their sudden death, and then feign more surprise as they "unexpectedly" explode into gibs when you steal their hivemind.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639257

Assimilator was a really lame version of reverse revs/shadowlings

Some guy stealthily converts everyone to his team, and they dont even know he's on his team. After he mind bleeps enough people he ascends.

Very unengaging for literally everyone except for the assimilator and valid hunters
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639267

The mind control was funny
On top of that i never got to ascend :(
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #639272

Timonk wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:15 am The mind control was funny
I loved it as a mechanic it was pretty great
Hugs
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #639284

I remember ascending shortly before the shuttle arrived only to get get gib spear'd (pre-chem nerfs) by a hero assistant.

For that matter I miss the old meth grenade gib spear.

Fond memories of rolling ling and kamikazing random people, only to regen all my limbs and do it again.

Also used it against a Mauler only for the Mauler to survive but the occupant to be gibbed. No idea how that happened even today.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #639290

Old gangs, you got to tag turf to farm enough points to buy an overpowered turret. I really enjoyed the tagging turf mechanic for whatever reason. It was satisfying to cleanse the station of the wrong opinions and the pointless street battles that resulted were fun. Then you got to see how you ranked compared to other gangs and got points to buy loot off of that.

I remember once putting a 10 second C4 on a throwing star and throwing it at someone (this was before it made the thing throw like shit) and then Kor adminPM'd me about it like 'wow did you attach a C4 to a throwing star' and then the mayor gave me a key to the city and everyone pretended I was Batman for the day (actually I had bad latency so I got killed shortly afterwards before I could do it more than like twice)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639324

Timonk wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:15 am The mind control was funny
same :(
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #639403

Hulkamania wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:47 pm hitscan. lasers.
good old days...
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639429

I miss freon. You'd open a can of that thing and the station would turn into the thermostat episode of SpongeBob. Nukie gleon grenades are the only thing close to mimicking a fraction of it's power.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639430

I miss freon. You'd open a can of that thing and the station would turn into the thermostat episode of SpongeBob. Nukie gleon grenades are the only thing close to mimicking a fraction of it's power.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639431

I miss freon canisters. You'd open a can of that thing and the station would turn into the thermostat episode of SpongeBob. Nukie gleon grenades are the only thing close to mimicking a fraction of it's power.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639432

I miss freon canisters. You'd open a can of that thing and the station would turn into the thermostat episode of SpongeBob. Nukie gleon grenades are the only thing close to mimicking a fraction of it's power.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639433

► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639434

► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639435

► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #639436

Freon, God I miss it
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #639443

He misses freon!
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639569

can't believe I just noticed I lagged out and duplicated the same post 5 times...

I no longer miss Freon Canisters
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #639620

I actually miss cocoa powder hard stunning felinids. Sometimes we just can't have nice/silly things.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639638

NecromancerAnne wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am I actually miss cocoa powder hard stunning felinids. Sometimes we just can't have nice/silly things.
As a catboy main that used to play around 2020 a lot,. I've never once got hard stunned by chocolate
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #639678

Timonk wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:54 pm
NecromancerAnne wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am I actually miss cocoa powder hard stunning felinids. Sometimes we just can't have nice/silly things.
As a catboy main that used to play around 2020 a lot,. I've never once got hard stunned by chocolate
I ran an event around it on Sybil. And by ran an event, I mean I purrbated the station and sent an ERT man with a squirt bottle of cocoa and basically told him 'go hog wild'.

Yes I can be trusted with admin buttons.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639815

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #639834

NoxVS wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:13 am Remember Overthrow and Assimilators?

What was funny about Overthrow, was they had the whole thing where they subverted the AI to their team. The AI would be given a law saying to support your master or something, and also separately be told who their master was because they were now on that team. Cyborgs under them were never told who the master was and had to constantly ask the AI for information on who they are supposed to be obeying.

Then you had assimilation where the best strategy was to find one of the other assimilators by trying to assimilate everyone nearby, and then send the shadowy attackers at them so you can run up to them, feign surprise at their sudden death, and then feign more surprise as they "unexpectedly" explode into gibs when you steal their hivemind.
Something funny I remembered, we still have a drink based off Assimilation even though Assimilation itself isn't in the game anymore.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639847

NoxVS wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:52 pm
NoxVS wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:13 am Remember Overthrow and Assimilators?

Something funny I remembered, we still have a drink based off Assimilation even though Assimilation itself isn't in the game anymore.
I implemented the assimilation drink after it was removed as a memorial

The joke is that here is a drink called a "Mind eraser" and Assimilation got erased, hence "Hive mind eraser"

I really liked assimilation. I think my favorite round I played was as hivemind.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later