Fish doctor

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Fish doctor

Post by BlueMemesauce » #640212

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Fish doctor

Post by Pandarsenic » #640213

ADD FISH DOCTOR

But keep virology :(
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #640227

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:50 pm But keep virology :(
Chuck virology.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #640238

why can't we get fishing but without removing things? every game has fishing, even the most poorly made game of all time (cruelty squad) has fishing
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #640255

Removing virology is a positive, which is why they were removing it.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #640261

virology being bad is a meme (not that i play it to know) and instead of removing a job that's been there for like 12 years or however long it's been in the game for the perceived problems with it should just be fixed

also changes based on memes that stupid people repeat (such as borg flipping and the change to janiborg cleaning as a result of those comics somebody made) are misguided
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640281

Was based but then I saw comments that said healing bad (Just die bro)

I don't like being horizontal
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640419

cacogen wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:36 am virology being bad is a meme (not that i play it to know) and instead of removing a job that's been there for like 12 years or however long it's been in the game for the perceived problems with it should just be fixed
tenure is a really shitty reason to keep a feature and hasn't stopped people from removing them in the past(see: cloning).
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #640424

Virology is good. Some of my favourite SS13 memories are viro related.
► Show Spoiler
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #640425

Virology just needs to be less isolated IMO. Make it a more integrated part of medical to enable more interaction with the rest of the department, even if that would be kind of stupid realistically. It would also be really cool if we could make viruses that mutated humans and gave them random physical alterations with various boons and drawbacks. I'm thinking stuff like the xenobio armgun and armblade, but with a ton of RNG to prevent le epic speedrun any% for the strongest shit imaginable. Imagine getting a liver that processes toxins into ling haste, but also takes high tox damage while doing so and makes you allergic to some medicines. You could have tons of fun just mutating your own organs and having the deadly ones operated out by doctors, and end up becoming an inhuman abomination with completely unique rules for what harms you and what you're good at. I want more strong, cool shit locked behind RNG, damnit.
Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #640555

Annihilite111 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 am Virology just needs to be less isolated IMO. Make it a more integrated part of medical to enable more interaction with the rest of the department, even if that would be kind of stupid realistically. It would also be really cool if we could make viruses that mutated humans and gave them random physical alterations with various boons and drawbacks. I'm thinking stuff like the xenobio armgun and armblade, but with a ton of RNG to prevent le epic speedrun any% for the strongest shit imaginable. Imagine getting a liver that processes toxins into ling haste, but also takes high tox damage while doing so and makes you allergic to some medicines. You could have tons of fun just mutating your own organs and having the deadly ones operated out by doctors, and end up becoming an inhuman abomination with completely unique rules for what harms you and what you're good at. I want more strong, cool shit locked behind RNG, damnit.
make viruses that are also affected by genetics so we can make uroboros
let viro mains unleash their inner wesker
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
Annihilite111

Post by Annihilite111 » #640556

Notgonnabreaktherule wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:03 pm
Annihilite111 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 am Virology just needs to be less isolated IMO. Make it a more integrated part of medical to enable more interaction with the rest of the department, even if that would be kind of stupid realistically. It would also be really cool if we could make viruses that mutated humans and gave them random physical alterations with various boons and drawbacks. I'm thinking stuff like the xenobio armgun and armblade, but with a ton of RNG to prevent le epic speedrun any% for the strongest shit imaginable. Imagine getting a liver that processes toxins into ling haste, but also takes high tox damage while doing so and makes you allergic to some medicines. You could have tons of fun just mutating your own organs and having the deadly ones operated out by doctors, and end up becoming an inhuman abomination with completely unique rules for what harms you and what you're good at. I want more strong, cool shit locked behind RNG, damnit.
make viruses that are also affected by genetics so we can make uroboros
let viro mains unleash their inner wesker
Cytology should have been achievable with genetics
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #640561

Annihilite111 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:08 pm
Annihilite111 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 am snip
snip
You got it the wrong way around king, genetics should be achievable through scanning the different cytology mobs.
Like you get mutations through the critters.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Annihilite111

Post by Annihilite111 » #640642

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:37 pm
snip
You got it the wrong way around king, genetics should be achievable through scanning the different cytology mobs.
That's actually cool as hell. Would be much more fun and we could rebuild the genetics labs into dedicated cyto labs. It makes perfect sense too, getting your superpowers from mutant beasts instead of them being dormant in people. Since cytology is so damn time consuming and logistics heavy we could have much stronger genetic powers locked behind really hard to make creatures too. Imagine cooperating with botany, chemistry and the bartender along with several other scientists to grow a chimeric pseudo-xenomorph as big as a queen but way more deadly. Basically megafauna lite whose genome could be analysed and converted into a mutation that lets you run like you're on meth permanently and gives you natural stealth and armor. For extra FUN the creature could be required to be sentient too, becoming an antag and having to be contained for x amount of time while its genome is being extracted. I imagine something like the dominus rex for jurassic world. A superpredator that outspeeds humans and has chameleon stealth for utterly horrifying ambushes.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #640643

Cant wait for the pipespergs to neuter the fuck out of icthyologist by making fish require a highly delicate atmosphere of autism gasses so noone plays the job
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #640678

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:37 pm
snip
This is an extremely powerful take.

I still want fishing merged either way.