Help i bought a grief shuttle and got everyone killed but i shoudnt be banned

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Help i bought a grief shuttle and got everyone killed but i shoudnt be banned

Post by technokek » #640439

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31709

The Ruling in Question
Buying terrible shuttles as captain - Allowed, but the crew is also allowed to mutiny/lynch the captain.
This ruling allows the captain to buy terrible shuttles. Its clearly not talking about grief shuttles, they are completely ignoring the part where it says:
t's less about which shuttle the captain buys, and more the grief caused by buying that specific one.
and
Shuttles that are emag-locked are typically used to grief the crew, as are the Arena and cult shuttles.
Griefing is generally against the rules.
► Show Spoiler
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Re: Help i bought a grief shuttle and got everyone killed but i shoudnt be banned

Post by Annihilite111 » #640447

what shuttles are considered "terrible" but not grief then? That seems suspiciously subjective if it doesn't relate to any actual danger.
technokek

Re: Help i bought a grief shuttle and got everyone killed but i shoudnt be banned

Post by technokek » #640452

Annihilite111 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:09 pm what shuttles are considered "terrible" but not grief then? That seems suspiciously subjective if it doesn't relate to any actual danger.
Read the policy thread. It clearly states all emagged shuttles are dangerous territory.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #640455

technokek wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:19 pm
Annihilite111 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:09 pm what shuttles are considered "terrible" but not grief then? That seems suspiciously subjective if it doesn't relate to any actual danger.
Read the policy thread. It clearly states all emagged shuttles are dangerous territory.
I asked which shuttles were lynch worthy but not grief.
technokek

Post by technokek » #640456

Annihilite111 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:51 pm
technokek wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:19 pm
I asked which shuttles were lynch worthy but not grief.
Don't know don't care? He bought disco Inferno and everyone died.

(He was not lynched)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #640457

Pisses me off, oh DISCO INFERNO, what should we do with it? Oh right, lock it away behind an emag and some policy bullshit, so nobody can actually order it.
"Ooooohooo buuuhuu, fire on the shuttle!!! What about my greentext?!!!!! Why won't you take this game SERIOUSLY?!!!!!!!!!!!!"
FUCK OFF you stuck up son of a bitch, just let the disco inferno be free for everyone to use, like it once was, and leave at least ONE fun thing in the game without ruining it.

With rhytmic regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #640458

BONERMASTER wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:10 pm -snip

just let the disco inferno be free for everyone to use, like it once was, and leave at least ONE fun thing in the game without ruining it.

-snip-
Code issue: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/62056 . I invite you to look at the upvotes that PR has as well.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #640466

san7890 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:13 pm Code issue: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/62056 . I invite you to look at the upvotes that PR has as well.
I would argue that a big part of this was the return of Daniel and Disco inferno. Before this they were removed because they were bought too often.
Image Image
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640467

I s'pose I would ask what we get if we pretend that, say, they emagged a supermatter shard crate and opened it on the shuttle, leaving it wrenched down somewhere.

It's dangerous, but only if someone does the thing that is Obviously Going to Get People Killed (which is really easy to do).

I don't have a strong opinion about what the above means; I could see it going either way.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640470

the guy got a warning not to do it again, and that should be good enough.
the emagged console gives your choice of DANGEROUS shuttles, not FUN AND SAFE shuttles
it should go without saying that a normal crew member probably shouldnt be buying them, least of all someone in command, I figured the whole "move dangerous shuttles to traitor emag console options" would be enough to make that clear to people
if anything roleplay it out "oh NO the bridge is open and there is a bagful of money next to the comms console! OHHH NoooOoo i SURE hope no one buys disco inferno!"

I say all this as the captain that repeatedly bought disco inferno for months straight and likely had a hand in getting it moved to emag options.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #640485

Yeah this whole thing seems silly, this is a shuttle that differs from the rollerdome in one key way. It contains explosive devices that are pretty capable of killing people. There is no other reason to buy it.

The Head of Security, non-antag, Acting Captain decides this is the right shuttle to pick. Why? Only possible reason is because it could get people killed.

Pretty clear bad faith play and choices, rules lawyer all they like, it's pretty clear it's chosen only for the opportunity to kill people.

Player probably not even command material, particularly if they think a note clarifying this to them for future reference is worth trying to contest. Further implies they simply don't get the spirit of the rules / roles.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640491

Personally when I read the related policy “grief” and “terrible” seem interchangeable. Am I missing something?
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640492

Also, what happened to the original ruling? Both wiki links seems to go to the most recent one, which as far as I can tell was only meant to clarify what shuttles were included under the og.
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640494

Anyways triple post I think typh is doing a really good job defending themself and 100% understand where they are coming from. This all looks very unfair to me, and as they said I think it’d be better dealt with a policy thread.
[this space reserved]
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640496

Techno stop peanut posting your shit on ban appeal threads, it’s extremely annoying to have to defend yourself against not only the person who noted you but also a random forumposter that wants to put their two cents in.

That aside - I agree with Typhnox. The ruling clearly states bad shuttles are allowed but make you lynchable. I even recall in the thread “Arena” was specifically listed as an example of a bad shuttle that would be allowed, and in my view is no different than Disco Inferno in terms of how many people it kills.

Also the fact people had the option to go in the safer part of the shuttle, instead of the dangerous part, and willingly chose to enter the more dangerous part, speaks volumes.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640497

i don't think he would have been lynched unless he announced he was buying it to everyone, it censors the name of who buys it
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640501

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:23 am i don't think he would have been lynched unless he announced he was buying it to everyone, it censors the name of who buys it
That's definitely an oversight, the policy doesn't make sense unless it's clear to everyone who buys it. Either the code should be fixed or the policy should be reconsidered then.
(Fortunately all the headmins are maints)
Spoiler:
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #640502

wesoda25 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:40 pm Personally when I read the related policy “grief” and “terrible” seem interchangeable. Am I missing something?
Terrible probably refers to shuttles that are just bad, ones that are annoying but not deadly- like the luxury shuttle
i wouldnt call something like that grief, but it is terrible
meanwhile some shuttles will just straight up kill you
its a pretty big distinction imo
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640509

I dont agree
[this space reserved]
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #640511

wesoda25 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:43 pm Also, what happened to the original ruling? Both wiki links seems to go to the most recent one, which as far as I can tell was only meant to clarify what shuttles were included under the og.

That appears to have been my fault, oops. I'll have to fix that.
The original link went to here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11930#p313973
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #640513

wesoda25 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:00 amI dont agree
blocked
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640516

Ty tattle!

(ignkring u cyan 💀)
[this space reserved]
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #640519

wesoda25 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:48 am Ty tattle!

(ignkring u cyan 💀)
i am going to pay the headmins to permaban you for cyan disrespect
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640520

On one hand, I don't like Alice Heart, and I don't like Disco Inferno.
On the other hand, I see a dogshit note and call it what it is.
1) You aren't obligated to take the emergency shuttle when the round ends. There are escape pods if you REALLY CARE about your greentext. I personally always take the pods if a shitty shuttle arrives at the station. That's why they're there.
2) Alice Heart did not set the shuttle on fire, they just bought a very flammable shuttle. Some other dingus set it on fire and should've received the note/ban if they weren't an antagonist.
3) Would we even be here if this was the Asteroid, instead? The Monastery? Both of those shuttles kill a minimum of one person when they dock with the station.
4) Buying 'terrible shuttles' is explicitly allowed by a prior headmin ruling. Disco Inferno absolutely fits that definition due to how flammable it is. You may attempt to argue, "Oh, but these are grief shuttles locked to an antagonist so only they can buy them!" but this is a really poor argument; the act of buying a shuttle itself doesn't cause grief. It enables grief, but it isn't the grief.
ed:
5) Buying antag gear from an unlocked uplink as HoS is incredibly lame. :x
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640521

cSeal wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:06 am

(ignkring u cyan 💀)
Snrrmkkkkloklkkkk
[this space reserved]
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #640522

wesoda25 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:22 am
cSeal wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:06 am

(ignkring u cyan 💀)
Snrrmkkkkloklkkkk
1 week time out. no snrk posting in peanut threads.
► Show Spoiler
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #640525

cSeal wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:26 am
wesoda25 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:22 am
Snrrmkkkkloklkkkk
1 week time out. no snrk posting in peanut threads.
► Show Spoiler
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
technokek

Post by technokek » #640528

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 am Techno stop peanut posting your shit on ban appeal threads, it’s extremely annoying to have to defend yourself against not only the person who noted you but also a random forumposter that wants to put their two cents in.

That aside - I agree with Typhnox. The ruling clearly states bad shuttles are allowed but make you lynchable. I even recall in the thread “Arena” was specifically listed as an example of a bad shuttle that would be allowed, and in my view is no different than Disco Inferno in terms of how many people it kills.

Also the fact people had the option to go in the safer part of the shuttle, instead of the dangerous part, and willingly chose to enter the more dangerous part, speaks volumes.
I am on post approval in the FNR forum. It got approved by a admin so it's literally not a peanut.

Owned
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640531

cSeal wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:05 am
wesoda25 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:40 pm Personally when I read the related policy “grief” and “terrible” seem interchangeable. Am I missing something?
Terrible probably refers to shuttles that are just bad, ones that are annoying but not deadly- like the luxury shuttle
i wouldnt call something like that grief, but it is terrible
meanwhile some shuttles will just straight up kill you
its a pretty big distinction imo
the back room of luxury shuttle is remarkably small, comparable to daniel
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640532

technokek wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:46 am I am on post approval in the FNR forum.
Owned
Spoiler:
technokek

Post by technokek » #640538

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:27 am
technokek wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:46 am I am on post approval in the FNR forum.
Owned
american
Owned
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #640547

Disco Inferno is fun
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #640548

There is nothing wrong with buying grief shuttles as a non antagonist.

The shuttle is exclusively a suicide bombing target for the enterprising young antagonist, and once it docks nothing in the game matters besides securing the end of round grief roll that never comes.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #640549

grief is fun (in controlled amounts where you can very easily disengage with the grief (ie, you can take the pods if you care so much)) and im tired of people pretending it’s not
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #640577

Grief shuttles are amazing. If you do not like the shuttle go take a pod there are many. The rest of us want our griefy fun shuttles. Giving notes for this is lame. Let it get resolved IC.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #640589

I'm loving these admins being on the pro-grief side of things (genuinely, SS13 is a game built around chaos)
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #640591

Why do people get mad when they're killed on the shuttle anyway? You'll be back in the game in less than five minutes
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640594

Farquaar wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:15 pm Why do people get mad when they're killed on the shuttle anyway? You'll be back in the game in less than five minutes
Generally I prepare something for EORG and get really mad when someone takes that away from me by killing me before the shuttle reaches central.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #640595

datorangebottle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:53 pm
Farquaar wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:15 pm Why do people get mad when they're killed on the shuttle anyway? You'll be back in the game in less than five minutes
Generally I prepare something for EORG and get really mad when someone takes that away from me by killing me before the shuttle reaches central.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640597

Relevant headmin precedent about the policy:
Dragomagol wrote:It's less about which shuttle the captain buys, and more the grief caused by buying that specific one. The Birdboat Shuttle isn't a traditional "grief" shuttle, but buying it when the crew is saving up for a more expensive shuttle or has agreed to make a BYOS could be cause for mutiny. Shuttles that are emag-locked are typically used to grief the crew, as are the Arena and cult shuttles.
NamelessFairy wrote:Given that the worst offending shuttles are now locked behind emagging the communication console we'll continue to consider captains buying terrible shuttles to be worthy of mutiny/lynching as the past headmin ruling states.
Headmins decided what shuttles were grief shuttles to determine which shuttles the cap could be mutinied for. If the cap orders a shuttle that griefs the crew, they become valid to the crew. That is what is mentioned - there is no implication it is ever rulebreaking. It even explicitly mentions certain clear non-grief shuttles like Birdboat - which can, in certain circumstances, be considered a grief shuttle and thus cause for mutiny from the crew. It's a misreading to read this and gather that a cap can be noted for "grief" for ordering Birdboat. So Techno your reading comprehension is scheiße.

I don't blame the admin at all though, they were reasonable and the precedent could have been a bit clearer that they didn't consider this type of "grief" to be the same type that's in the rules as rulebreaking "grief."
Spoiler:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640600

Honestly that nameless quote makes me better understand where techno and others are coming from. Still think it’s confusing though and the policy should just be revisited and the note removed.
WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:58 pm I'm loving these admins being on the pro-grief side of things (genuinely, SS13 is a game built around chaos)
Fr!
[this space reserved]
technokek

Post by technokek » #640601

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:16 pm Relevant headmin precedent about the policy:
Dragomagol wrote:It's less about which shuttle the captain buys, and more the grief caused by buying that specific one. The Birdboat Shuttle isn't a traditional "grief" shuttle, but buying it when the crew is saving up for a more expensive shuttle or has agreed to make a BYOS could be cause for mutiny. Shuttles that are emag-locked are typically used to grief the crew, as are the Arena and cult shuttles.
NamelessFairy wrote:Given that the worst offending shuttles are now locked behind emagging the communication console we'll continue to consider captains buying terrible shuttles to be worthy of mutiny/lynching as the past headmin ruling states.
Headmins decided what shuttles were grief shuttles to determine which shuttles the cap could be mutinied for. If the cap orders a shuttle that griefs the crew, they become valid to the crew. That is what is mentioned - there is no implication it is ever rulebreaking. It even explicitly mentions certain clear non-grief shuttles like Birdboat - which can, in certain circumstances, be considered a grief shuttle and thus cause for mutiny from the crew. It's a misreading to read this and gather that a cap can be noted for "grief" for ordering Birdboat. So Techno your reading comprehension is scheiße.

I don't blame the admin at all though, they were reasonable and the precedent could have been a bit clearer that they didn't consider this type of "grief" to be the same type that's in the rules as rulebreaking "grief."
I wasn't the one who pulled up this policy to tell the guy he is wrong. He pulled out this policy to say he is right and cannot be punished.
technokek

Post by technokek » #640602

Also griefing is against the rules and your are stupid.
technokek

Post by technokek » #640603

: )
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640609

technokek wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:45 pm Also griefing is against the rules and your are stupid.
Ordering "grief" shuttles as captain is not considered a rule 1 violation, headmins specifically stated it makes you lynchable but that's it. If it were a rule 1 violation then they wouldn't have ever needed to make this policy in the first place because it would have been a simple matter of a rule 1 break. Use your noggin.
Spoiler:
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #640622

What a dumb reason to ban someone.

The system is designed with checks and balances. If one buys a flaming shitheap shuttle they're open to being lynched fair and square. That leads to fun on a bun and who suffers? Someone looking to get their greentext?
They get advanced warning a shuttle of peril is coming, prepare for it like a big boy and deal with adversity as it comes. The fuck is even going on here with this thinking.

Oh no, you may not "win" a game that isn't fun at all by definition when people focus on winning. I mean or you could prepare in the many ways that will let you survive the shuttle and see it as an extra challenge. Did anybody even ahelp this or was it just an admin who got their beanbag in a knot about something in their day and looked for people to shit on? A terrible shuttle is part and parcel of this fucking game which is why so many exist. Gigafractal, Inferno, etc. A note is a little much for this but a ban of anykind is just overkill and goes against the whole spirit of the damn game. Your coworkers are just as dangerous as the Spaze Wizards turning your vending machines into sentient killing machines. Welcome to SS13.

If this was ahelped, ahelper needs to fuck off to Manuel.
If this wasn't ahelped this ban needs to fuck off and the admin needs to fuck off to Manuel.

Stop trying to force your stupid ideas of what SS13 is on the community. This place is OSHA violations gangbanging the Stanford Prison Experiment rolled into a tortilla made of Sealab 2021 smothered in absurdist humour salsa picante. Instead of being a banhappy fuck why not add a little more chexmix and balances to it by looking into coding up some cabbage that throws a punishment RNG into the mix. If El Capitano or another head orders a bad shuttle there's a chance they get insta-cargo podded and kersplotted while a benign shuttle gets ordered instead. Oops, NanoTrasen brand shuttle ordering tech what you gonna do. There, fixed. If the order a bad shuttle there's a chance they will get it and be lynched, there's a chance they might get popped by a faulty software coded by a two-bit Nanotrasen, or hell add that they need to swipe their ID again to confirm and there's yet another chance it just eats their ID and does nothing. Fucking NT and their trashheap station.

Literally any solution other than being a fucking Hitler just because you can.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #640626

3 minutes is enough time to seethe shuttle is a death trap and run to the pods even if you latejoined after the shuttle purchase announcement
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640630

jortsandshirts wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:12 am What a dumb reason to ban someone.

The system is designed with checks and balances. If one buys a flaming shitheap shuttle they're open to being lynched fair and square. That leads to fun on a bun and who suffers? Someone looking to get their greentext?
They get advanced warning a shuttle of peril is coming, prepare for it like a big boy and deal with adversity as it comes. The fuck is even going on here with this thinking.

Oh no, you may not "win" a game that isn't fun at all by definition when people focus on winning. I mean or you could prepare in the many ways that will let you survive the shuttle and see it as an extra challenge. Did anybody even ahelp this or was it just an admin who got their beanbag in a knot about something in their day and looked for people to shit on? A terrible shuttle is part and parcel of this fucking game which is why so many exist. Gigafractal, Inferno, etc. A note is a little much for this but a ban of anykind is just overkill and goes against the whole spirit of the damn game. Your coworkers are just as dangerous as the Spaze Wizards turning your vending machines into sentient killing machines. Welcome to SS13.

If this wasn't ahelped this ban needs to fuck off and the admin needs to fuck off to Manuel.

Stop trying to force your stupid ideas of what SS13 is on the community. This place is OSHA violations gangbanging the Stanford Prison Experiment rolled into a tortilla made of Sealab 2021 smothered in absurdist humour salsa picante. Instead of being a banhappy fuck why not add a little more chexmix and balances to it by looking into coding up some cabbage that throws a punishment RNG into the mix. If El Capitano or another head orders a bad shuttle there's a chance they get insta-cargo podded and kersplotted while a benign shuttle gets ordered instead. Oops, NanoTrasen brand shuttle ordering tech what you gonna do. There, fixed. If the order a bad shuttle there's a chance they will get it and be lynched, there's a chance they might get popped by a faulty software coded by a two-bit Nanotrasen, or hell add that they need to swipe their ID again to confirm and there's yet another chance it just eats their ID and does nothing. Fucking NT and their trashheap station.

How Much Does Shutting the Goddamn Hell Up Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Relevant: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... stone1.png

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.
  • Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  • Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.
If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to url=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... ulator.php]determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

pPea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.
  • Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  • Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.
Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html
[this space reserved]
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

Post by tjatpbnj » #640631

wesoda25 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:47 am
jortsandshirts wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:12 am What a dumb reason to ban someone.

How Much Does Shutting the Goddamn Hell Up Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Relevant: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... stone1.png

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.
  • Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  • Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.
If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to url=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... ulator.php]determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

pPea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.
  • Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  • Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.
Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html
are you selling gravel
Do you do shipping or do I have to pick it up
look in the spanner box got no thing in there cant do go sailing in em
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640633

jortsandshirts wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:12 am snip
My brother in christ, it's a note appeal. Nobody got banned.
Also you're not even directly involved, calm down.

In other news, policy is changed. In a way I dislike. Whatever. Guess emag shuttles need to be even rarer now for some reason. Uncle Pete's Rollerdome is the only shuttle allowed.